main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Conspiracy Theory - X-Files crossover Yoda, Jinn, Mulder, Scully Completed 4/10! - Author replies

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BrentusofGath, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    So the mystery deepens. The man was killed with a lightsaber and it doesn't sound like it was a Jedi that did it, if he's a member of the 9.

As for Qui-Gon, if he shivers a little bit, he'll get small shocks and that should dissipate the energy faster... unless the monster shows up to eat him![face_worried]

Good job.

2. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    So... where ever Qui-gon is, not only is it snowing, but he could also be electrocuted "accidentally." That not good.

Good update. :)

3. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Monsters not know how to turn door knobs?? Maybe they had those handle knobs like on Jurassic park.[face_whistling]

Ah. Yes someone needs to go keep Qui-Gon warm, any volunteers????

Brother hood of the nine? ooooh sounds scary[face_worried]

It's easy to tell which is your favorite character. :p

4. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005

Lea-El posted:Former master you do know if you kill Qui-Gon you will have to answer to Noelie and she will have lots of help whippin' you. tongue

Yup, Leona, you, Master KELIA. I can take ya! tongue

On a different note, a new chapter!

LOL I had to laugh when I saw this. He promised me he would behave although not before Qui-Gon suffered. Since he has him out freezing with no help I think Lea-El is right. He needs a volunteer, or three or four. I don't mind sharing a little [face_laugh] but only a little.

So.. on that note dear author.. get someone out there ASAP?

That whole scene with the younglings is precious. I am just not fully sure why it is there. [face_thinking]

5. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Healer_Leona posted: Yikes, poor Qui-Gon. He need someone to warm him up!

Ladies and gentlemen, our first volunteer. :p

VaderLVR64 posted: I love the way you've somehow managed to hold onto the "feel" of both these universes.

Well thank you, Vadey. Comments like those make me get all squishy inside. :p

KELIA posted: I wonder if Yoda will admit to having any knowledge of them

Yeah, I wonder. [face_thinking]

dianethx posted: he'll get small shocks and that should dissipate the energy faster

Yeah, but on a frozen mountaintop with only a thin robe on and 12 hours of power stored in his bindings make it quite difficult, even for a Jedi Master. ;)

DaenaBenjen42 posted: he could also be electrocuted "accidentally." That not good.

Nope, it is not good. I wonder how he'll get out of it. [face_whistling]

Lea-El posted: Maybe they had those handle knobs like on Jurassic park.

LOL! Yes, I think that's it.

Noelie posted: That whole scene with the younglings is precious. I am just not fully sure why it is there.

Merely to introduce a certain character, dear Noelie.

How will Qui-Gon get out of his perilous position? Will he get out... alive? [face_devil]

Can Scully find him in time, and will she take Leona, Noelie & dianethx's place in the "warm Qui-Gon up" job? :p

Coming soon, the continuation!

6. NiobeAsha

NiobeAsha Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2007
    Poor Yoda, to be stuck with that bunch of brats! I know they're only younglings, but some little part of me wants to zap them anyways, just to teach them a lesson. [face_devil]

I do love this fic so much. Please update soon!!!

7. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    LOL! I think Yoda can think of some light side tortures for the brats. Like eating his cooking. ;)

Update time is here!

[b]Chapter 4: Leave'em Hanging[/b]

A small, azure image formed before Mulder. The GBI agent bowed formally.

"A problem, you have?" Yoda queried.

"What do you know of the Brotherhood of the Nine, Master Yoda?"

Yoda sighed and shook his head slowly. "Contacted me, they did. Long ago."

"After you fought Darth Plageus?"

"Yes."

He sighed again and Mulder got the feeling he didn't want to continue. "Master, I must know. There is clearly something amiss here. Upon our arrival the Queen sought an audience with us. Someone knew right away we were here. I can feel shades of the Dark Side at work in this place: elusive and cunning."

"Know nothing more than that, I do," Yoda said. "Contacted me, they did, nearly one hundred years ago. Wanted the last place I saw Plageus alive; gave information to them, I did. On Carida, that was."

"Do you think they could have been tracking Plageus's descendents for this long?"

"Determined, the Brotherhood is," Yoda replied darkly. "Knows, the Council does, of some of their exploits down through history. Dedicated to eradicating Sith, they are. Very possible, it is."

"Thank you, Master." Mulder bowed deeply as the image flickered and collapsed on the floor, dragging with it his belief that the Council was infallible. [i]They've known all along about the Brotherhood, and did nothing while murderers ran free, hunting sentient beings. I had no idea. I have to find Brother Phileas's room and see if he left any clues on what he was investigating, if anything.[/i]

He clicked his comm off and looked around for someone to help him. A priest stood at the altar, filling the sacred water urn. "Excuse me, sir," Mulder called as he approached from behind.

The priest didn't answer.

"Sir?" he asked, tapping the robed person on the shoulder.

"My name's Annoria," she replied, still filling the urn. "And I've been accused of many things in my life, but never of being a man."

"I'm sorry," he said, fidgeting with his badge. "I'm-"

"I know who you are," she replied. The young woman finished her chore and turned, fixing a kindly smile on him. "What can I do for you, Agent?"

"Can you take me to Brother Phileas's room?"

Her smile turned into a wince. She bit her lower lip and looked to the floor. "I'm afraid not. He didn't live in the temple. The male and female priests live separately, for certain... reasons, you understand. The women live here, while the men... you'd have to ask one of them." She shrugged her shoulders meekly. "I'm afraid I don't know. I do know it's somewhere out in that blizzard though." She smiled weakly at him.

"Thank you." What else could he say. He secretly wished he was with Scully at the moment, where it was warm.

~*~*~*~

Scully sat impatiently in a stuffy office dressed with pompous decorations designed to impress offworlders with the grandeur of Naboo. Though, while the palace was at least tasteful in its extravagance, Scully mused that the mix of seventh dynasty Corith draperies with second century Naktoo furnishings was just plain tacky and overbearing. The ideal place for politicians to meet and greet one another. She sorely wished she was with Mulder at the moment.

She awaited the only person on the planet she trusted to help her find the Jedi Master. Though vacillating and willing to bend knee to anyone of import, Junior Senator Palpatine had access to the inner workings of the palace and she worried she'd have to get back in there, unnoticed, because that was the last place she saw Master Jinn. Plus, as Junior Senator, Palpatine was just inconspicuous enough to get her in, or so she hoped.

When the double doors finally opened, her foot was almost asleep and she had to stomp it lightly on th

8. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    Okay... let me get to the story first :)

It really stinks that of course all the people they get mixed up with "junior senator" Palpatine had to be the choice. But then of course .. what would one of your fictions be without him running the joint?

I was also intrigued by Yoda having fought Darth Plageus. Mostly because the Jedi were so surprised at Darth Maul in the movies and couldn't seem to adjust to Sith being around.

Now.. of course: Noela. I had no idea, so I am just reading along and blink as I see the reference. "Did I come to the wrong thread? No. I read about Yoda, and the Brotherhood of 9 and Muldar and Scully...

Then I really laughed because that was perfect.

Thank you!

[face_laugh]=D=

9. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    I'm somewhat behind, Brentus. Just got through chap 2 and I've gotta say that you're doing a wonderful job with this=D=

The S/M team is spot on:D

Gah, poor Qui. I bet this one's prone to bad luck and sticky situations.

10. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Very good chapter. (Palpatine and Plageus? Eek!) Liked muchly. :)

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Yoda said. "Contacted me, they did, nearly one hundred years ago. Wanted the last place I saw Plageus alive; gave information to them, I did. On Carida, that was."

Why do I think telling anybody this is a really bad idea? [face_thinking]

Qui-Gon was going numb. There was no getting around that fact. In a way, it was a good thing, because he could barely feel the electric shocks coming from his bindings. It was bad, because when his legs could no longer support his weight, he would fall. Such a violent movement would no doubt electrocute him.

Awww, my poor baby! :( :(

12. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Hmmm...anymore mysterious could Yoda's answer have been? :p

It's about what I expected and I'm sure he has his reasons (very good ones!) for being so secretive and allowing the brotherhood to operate without Jedi interference.

So Plageus drove out Palpatine's soul? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Congradulations - you've made me feel sorry for the poor guy - just don't do it again [face_shame_on_you]

You haven't gone and killed Qui and Mulder have you? [face_worried] [face_worried]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

13. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I liked that Palpatine was actually rather innocent until Plageious took him over. Now he seems to be off consolidating his power through lies and manipulation.

At least Jinn didn't die of electric shock. LOL. Now, will he survive this?

Good job.

14. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Of all the things I've been accused of being a man is not one of them. LOL Love it.

Scully fall into Palpatine's arms? Yuck! She would turn gray and shrivel into a prune.

Qui-Gon rescued. You could have had Scully rescue him that would have been more 'practical'.

Loved the Noela reference.

I still think Yoda is not telling all he knows.[face_thinking]

Thanks for the PM [face_coffee]Your not a rose kind of guy:p

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! It's really cool seeing how you're bringing all of these characters into the story! I'm loving this! =D=

16. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Noelie posted: But then of course .. what would one of your fictions be without him running the joint?

Probably quite boring. :p

I had no idea, so I am just reading along and blink as I see the reference.

I'm glad you had no idea. ;) And I am especially glad you enjoyed the surprise.

Alley_Skywalker posted: The S/M team is spot on

:) Thanks for the praise. I hope you continue to enjoy it!

DaenaBenjen42 posted: (Palpatine and Plageus? Eek!)

Hehe, I hoped that idea would go over well.

Healer_Leona posted: Awww, my poor baby!

Yeah, he's been treated pretty badly. What can I say, I torture the ones I like best, lol.

KELIA posted: Congradulations - you've made me feel sorry for the poor guy - just don't do it again

:eek: Really? Cool. :p

dianethx posted: At least Jinn didn't die of electric shock. LOL.

LOL! [sings]Always look on the bright side of life.[/sings]

Lea-El posted: Yuck! She would turn gray and shrivel into a prune.

[face_sick] I can't have that, now can I? ;)

VaderLVR64 posted: I'm loving this!

I'm glad. I hope you had a great mini vacation.

Update time tomorrow! What happened on the exploding mountain?

Are Mulder and Qui-Gon all right? Or are they worm food? ;) I'll never tell

Will Cancer Man finally be able to gloat over the outcome or will he have sour grapes?

Tune in next time for chapter 5!

17. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Chapter 5: The Big Fall

Scully finally reached the basement of the palace. The exit from Palpatine's tunnel took her to a little, out of the way storeroom.

She heard distant sounds of movement and paused, content to wait for the person or people to pass her by. When the sounds turned more violent, however, the agent removed her standard issue blaster and decided to take a peek at the scuffle.

"Move it," a gruff voice voice commanded.

"Why are you doing this?"

Scully clearly recognized the Queen's voice. At the edge of a giant crate she spotted the Queen being manhandled by someone who was facing away from Scully. She saw the weapon in his hand clearly enough though.

The agent deftly moved a little closer, to the safety of another crate. Thankfully, the Queen didn't see her, or she might have inadvertently given her location away.

"I demand to know why-" The Queen was cut off by a hard right hand to her cheek. She fell to the floor, but would not give her captor the satisfaction of crying out.

Scully leapt from the shadows, shoving the blaster in the man's back. "Hold it. GBI. Drop that blaster, now."

The man dropped the weapon as commanded and turned around to face her. It was Captain Reed. Scully pulled him over to one of the crates, forcing him to grab onto the wooden box while she searched him. Finding nothing dangerous, she cuffed his hands behind his back.

Scully helped the Queen to her feet and then forced Reed to sit on the crate. "What's going on here?" she demanded of the captain.

Reed was stone faced and silent.

"I was trying to get a message to you," the Queen said quietly. "I knew Reed was monitoring my communications, but I never suspected the people he was working for would go to such lengths."

"Do you have a safe place you can go until this is over?" she asked the Queen.

"I shall remain in the palace," she replied defiantly. "I cannot be seen to have weakness. As this man is locked up in a safe place, I do not believe his employers would try anything so... open again. There is a secret cell we can take him to until you get back."

"Get back from where?" Scully asked.

"That's what I was trying to tell you. There has been an explosion on Mount Carnek that caused an avalanche. I fear your partner and the other Jedi may be in danger."

Scully grabbed Reed by the arm and hauled him up. "You're going to a nice warm cell."

~*~*~*~

The smoking man walked into the rectory of the temple to make sure things would proceed without a hitch. His comm unit beeped and he placed his glowing death stick betwee his teeth to fish the device from his pocket.

"Yes?"

"That fool has failed to kill the Queen. She has spoken to Agent Scully. Kill the incompetent." The voice of Darth Sidious was unsettling, even to the hardened smoking man.

"And the Queen?"

There was a slight pause. "She is of no consequence. She knows nothing more to tell. And her death would bring unnecessary attention to Naboo. Let her be."

"As you wish." Deadly silence poured back over the link. The smoking man pushed a few buttons and a new link was established. "Dispose of Captain Reed. He is a liability."

He closed the link and returned the comm to his pocket. The woman priest he selected for the ominous task greeted him from behind.

"Everything is ready."

"Good." He took a puff from his stick. Smoke formed a thick cloud around his face. "I shouldn't have to tell you not to fail."

She smiled, turned and strode from the large room.

~*~*~*~

Scully wrapped a thick, heavy cloak around her hourglass figure as the frosty winds closed in around her. She tightened her scarf and followed a guard toward the sight of the explosion.

"It's dangerous here, since the avalanche," he told her. "I don't know what you expect to find. If anyone was near it, they're probably at the bottom of the mountain in pieces by now."

"You've obviously never known a Jedi," she replied gravely. Silently she desperately hoped Mulder was nowhere near this disaster, otherwise she feared the man wa

18. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    "Great," Scully said, exasperation telling in her voice. "Do you get the impression we've been outplayed at every turn and have nothig to show for it but more questions?"

Well that sounds like par for the course when Darth Sidious is involved. The whole of Star Wars is this, until of course Luke tosses him down an airshaft! lol

Glad the boys are back and getting thawed out. Thank you, as I was getting a little cold just reading it!=D=

19. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Glad to see Qui-Gon and Mulder safe and warm. Things are really picking up here! :)

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    "I'm convinced," Mulder read aloud from the journal. "Plageus spent his last days on Naboo; in these very mountain passes. Something evil is in the air; I suspect his disembodied soul remains, plotting, waiting for something."

"Is there more?" Scully asked. "Like something that might lead us to an answer for the flimsy you received?"

"I'll skip through to the end," he promised and scanned the pad. "He says he suspected the Force ghost of Plageus was inhabiting someone. He feared to put the name in the journal, in case it was discovered."

"Great," Scully said, exasperation telling in her voice. "Do you get the impression we've been outplayed at every turn and have nothig to show for it but more questions?"

"Not necessarily, Scully," he admonished. "Phileas did leave us with a clue. He suspected Sister Athena of working with Plageus. Athena seemed eager to have their little ceremony earlier than normal, and Phileas delayed it as long as possible. He sent the note to me, thinking the ringing bell would be a signal of some kind. I think we'd better get back to the temple and have a talk with Sister Athena."

Excellent update! :D I love Qui-Gon in this. =D=

21. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    See, singing about the bright side of life works!! :D

So now the plot thickens and things are coming to a head. I wonder if Scully and Mulder will be able to get things straightened out in time.

Great job. Looking forward to more.

22. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    The Smoking Man fits right in here. Well done. (and she found them! yay!)

Good post. :)

23. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    "Do you get the impression we've been outplayed at every turn and have nothig to show for it but more questions?"

Well of course, Sidious is behind everything.

Glad to see Qui-Gon and Mulder...warm at least :p Hopefully safe will follow shortly.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

24. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Interesting, very interesting, so the female priest is a bad gal. I didn't see that one coming.

I'm glad Mulder and Qui-Gon are all right, the Queen is safe and they are on the trail of Plageus' Force Ghost.

looking forward to more soon.

25. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Noelie posted: Glad the boys are back and getting thawed out.

Yeah, I guess my fun's over... for now. *evil grin* There's always the possibility of a sequel.

Healer_Leona posted: Glad to see Qui-Gon and Mulder safe and warm.

Too bad they're not warming on Mustafar by a nice roaring river of lava. ;)

VaderLVR64 posted: Excellent update!

Thank you! :)

dianethx posted: See, singing about the bright side of life works!!

Yes, it did... this time. [face_devil]

DaenaBenjen42 posted: The Smoking Man fits right in here.

Thanks sis! I'm glad you're enjoying this.

KELIA posted: Well of course, Sidious is behind everything.

He is so delightfully devious, isn't he Master?

Lea-El posted: I'm glad Mulder and Qui-Gon are all right, the Queen is safe and they are on the trail of Plageus' Force Ghost.

Yeah, but will they get there in time? [face_devil]

More to come soon! The nail-biting finale will have you... um, biting your nails, hopefully. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.