main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Conspiracy Theory - X-Files crossover Yoda, Jinn, Mulder, Scully Completed 4/10! - Author replies

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BrentusofGath, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Chapter 6: The Bitter End

The Queen of Naboo stepped lightly down a hidden staircase. In times gone by, during the planet's more violent past, this was the way to the personal dungeon of the royal family. Cobwebs and dust blended in perfectly with the plain walls and ordinary, unbecoming wooden steps.

At the foot of the stairs, the space widened into a grand chamber with a row of cells and an area set aside for torture. A vast array of devices for inflicting pain hung on the dank, mossy walls and stood in murderous silence on the red stained stone floor.

Captain Reed sat dejectedly in the last cell.

A lone guard stood watch. He stood to attention as Her Majesty approached.

Reed jumped about ten feet off the cot when he saw her.

"You are dismissed," the Queen said to the guard.

"But, Your Majesty," the guard didn't have the opportunity to finish his sentence before she cut him off.

"I said, you are dismissed."

"No! Don't leave me alone!" Reed screamed like he had suddenly gone insane.

The Queen eyed the guard with a particularly evil look. He quickly decided that the better part of valor was discretion. He was gone in a heartbeat.

The woman watched him go, then, as she turned toward the cell and the cowering captain, she morphed into the alien simply known as Hunter. Hunter pulled something from his pants pocket. A metallic shaft with a very sharp, protruding point was quickly in his grasp.

Reed screamed wildly, but to no avail.

~*~*~*~

Back in the temple, much to their chagrin, Mulder and Scully found the ceremony in full swing. Dignitaries from as far away as Alderaan were in attendance, including Junior Senator Bail Antilles and his lovely wife Breha. The agents were forced to take a passive wait and see approach now.

Senator Flox Trent was the highest ranking official from Naboo in attendance, sitting in the front row next to his junior, Palpatine.

"If there is a target here Scully," Mulder said with a shaky voice, "we'll never be able to identify him or her until it's too late. We can't cover everyone."

"Worse yet," Scully whispered back, "if Plageus is here, we'd never know it. Unless you can use those Jedi senses of yours to find him?"

He closed his eyes and drew his focus across the room. No one seemed conflicted or out of place, though it was clear that the Dark Side was indeed present; it clouded the room with a thick haze he had a hard time cutting through.

"He's here all right," Mulder whispered, "but everything is murky; I can't pick him out."

Sister Athena finished her incantations to the Yetoo monster in the ancient Naktoo language. Candles burned furiously on the altar as she stood to call for the bowls to be filled with sacred water so all could drink and be blessed by the Yetoo.

"It won't be long now," Mulder said. "We should split up. I'll cover the right side and you take the left, and we'll pray we can see it coming in time to stop... whatever happens."

She took his words in and nodded grimly.

The Brothers and Sisters of the temple passed out small bowls of water to everyone present, somberly trudging back toward the altar to stand near Athena.

"...And may the blessings of the Yetoo be with you all the days of the year," Athena concluded, closing her scripture.

A solitary rope hung to the right, near the stairs to the upper level. Athena made her way quietly to it and grasped it in her hands.

Mulder watched her carefully, although he spread his senses out to blanket the room in a hopeful attempt to catch anything before it turned deadly. From the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of Sister Annoria, her eyes downcast, standing just in front of the altar.

The mighty bells of the temple rang out in precise rhythm. The clamor was deafening in its intenseness. All in attendance sipped from the sacred water, including the priests.

All except one.

In a flash, a blaster shot rang out, just barely audible over the terrible echoing of the bells. It was immediately followed by a second blast.

Everyone fell to th

2. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Aw, Scully missed it! Darn the luck.

Good post and good story. :)

3. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Oh come on! There had to be more!

It can't just end there.. .. old.. crepe face is over there and just laughing his silly head off at what he pulled of.

I want MORE!

Great work though..=D==D==D=

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Nooo, Palpatine won and everyone else was clueless. Oh, dear. I liked how you used the shapeshifter to make everyone think it was someone else so that the Hunter could get to their quarry.

Good job.

5. NiobeAsha

NiobeAsha Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2007
    And that's the end??!!?!? Oh come on! I know you're into cliffhangers, but that's just MEAN! :D

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ha! I like the ending. Good doesn't always win and it's perfect that Scully missed the monster and was able to explain it away. LOL

Excellent fic! Thanks for sharing it with us.

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I think the ending was perfect! =D=

8. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Fini~ You ended it???

But there is going to be another mystery for Mulder and Scully and Qui-Gon to solve isn't there.

I mean Palpatine is still working and the Hunter is still...hunting the cancer man is still ...cancering, not to mention the brotherhood of the nine and Yoda's not telling all he knows, you have to shake the rest out of the little green...

aahhuum!

composing myself~
    I mean there are a lot of things left to write about.

You can't do without writing about your favorite redhead, Scully.

Can you?

9. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    The Jedi didn't discover Palpatine's plans and finish him off in the most brutal fashion they could think of, thus saving the Galaxy from 20+ years of Sith rule? :eek: :eek: :eek:

[face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you]

*sigh* I guess happy endings are overrated :rolleyes:

:p

I'm with Noelie, NiobeAsha and Lea-El - I want more!!!

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

10. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    DaenaBenjen42 posted: Aw, Scully missed it! Darn the luck.

She can't go seeing things she knows don't exist. :p That might send her into shock. Thanks for enjoying this!

Noelie posted: It can't just end there.. .. old.. crepe face is over there and just laughing his silly head off at what he pulled of.

[face_devil] He devised the perfect plan and it worked... to perfection. :D

dianethx posted: Nooo, Palpatine won and everyone else was clueless. Oh, dear.

Hehe. Even Cancer Man was unknowing, and that's saying something.

NiobeAsha posted: I know you're into cliffhangers, but that's just MEAN!

[face_devil] And when have I promised anyone 'nice'? [face_batting]

Healer_Leona posted: Good doesn't always win and it's perfect that Scully missed the monster and was able to explain it away.

There now, here's someone who appreciates a good 'bad' ending. :D I'm glad you can see the necessity for a gloomy ending now and again.

VaderLVR64 posted: I think the ending was perfect!

Thank you. :) I wanted to at least give Qui-Gon and Mulder a glimpse of the monster considering what they went through out in the cold.

Lea-El posted: I mean Palpatine is still working and the Hunter is still...hunting the cancer man is still ...cancering, not to mention the brotherhood of the nine and Yoda's not telling all he knows, you have to shake the rest out of the little green...

LOL! Shake little Yoda? I didn't know, so hostile to the little guy, you were. :p

You can't do without writing about your favorite redhead, Scully.

Can you?

=P~ My sweet, sweet Scully. [face_love]

KELIA posted: The Jedi didn't discover Palpatine's plans and finish him off in the most brutal fashion they could think of, thus saving the Galaxy from 20+ years of Sith rule?

It wasn't my place to give it all away and spoil it by ruining the movies with no villain to fight. :Þ

If there is a sequel to be written, or just another X-Files crossover that may or may not be a direct sequel to this, I hope to have as nice a group of readers as I had this time. [:D] And that goes to any lurkers as well. You're all appreciated by this writer.

11. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    How did I miss this story?

Anyway - I've just finished reading it and it's terrific. You get the characterisations of Scully and Mulder spot on. :)

"Excuse me, sir," Mulder called as he approached from behind.

The priest didn't answer.

"Sir?" he asked, tapping the robed person on the shoulder.

"My name's Annoria," she replied, still filling the urn. "And I've been accused of many things in my life, but never of being a man."

One of the many one-liners I loved. :D Classic stuff. I giggled at stuffy olf Jocasta Nu, too.

And excellent ending. Ha ha As usual unexpected, but really fitted the story. Great job. =D=

12. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Tahi posted: How did I miss this story?

Because you're not a Before type girl normally. :p Plus I didn't know you were an X-Phile so I didn't tell you about it. :p

You get the characterisations of Scully and Mulder spot on.

I watched the show enough, lol. I would hope so. ;) Thank you.

One of the many one-liners I loved.

I got to get those zingers in there. :p

I giggled at stuffy old Jocasta Nu, too.

Me too, she's a pip to write.

As usual unexpected, but really fitted the story.

LOL! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

13. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Aaaah, I'm just late on replying here....nice Scully and Mulder. :) This is such an intriguing crossover the SW and XF characters and sub-plots work very well together. And I just love the idea of Mulder as a Jedi, too. And such twisty turns in the evil plot, too. Palpatine is a perfect X-Files-style, behind-the-scene-operator. And a victim of the disembodied dark lord, too. Congrats on the awards. Well done. =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.