main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Constructing reality, writing fan fiction - anthropology thesis - FINISHED, wanna read?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Iverna, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Ah, you quoted me! Thanks! :D

I'm not sure I've ever been quoted like that. makes me all shivery. ;)

Awesome read so far, too. Thanks for sharing!

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Excellent thesis, Iverna. I really enjoyed it: very insightful on the world of fanfic writers. Thanks so much for sharing! [face_peace]

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks for sharing Iverna and again beautiful fanart in it. Your drawings are amazing.

4. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    I would love to read this, but I cannot open a zip file.

5. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    heya! Totally didn't see this until too late, but what a wonderful subject! I read through (skimmed parts of too) your paper and it was wonderful, great exploration! Haha, it makes me feel "Official" in some way :D Anyways, sorry I couldn't get in on it, but great job!

Huggles,
    [face_good_luck] Irish

6. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Iverna, that took a while to read. It was quite insightful and thought-provoking. Thanks for sharing and congrats on finishing.

7. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Oh, I got comments... thanks so much everyone! I'm glad that you guys enjoyed reading it. That's really cool. I'm really grateful for all your help and support and encouragement. I couldn't have done it without you all. [:D]

8. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Got to download and read your paper today - most of it, anyway (I confess I got a little lost when you started quoting Levi-Strauss and Nietsche, I'm just a poor physicist by trade :p) and it was so refreshing to see something that I love dearly and that has given me many hours of entertainment an also brought to my life a good friend or two, taken seriously for once. I just wish I had seen your post last year, I'd loved to help you, but as we say, DRL had attacked heavily at that point and I was not paying much attention to the boards at the time.

Finally... Can I quote you? Can I quote you? Can I quote you???? I loved the fanfic writers as "rogue readers" concept!!

9. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Thank you very much! That's great to hear. [:D] Don't worry about it, DRL likes to attack me too so I completely understand. And of course you can quote me! Better not do it in anything official though since it isn't actually a published paper. (Henry Jenkins has published quotes about "rogue readers" though so you can always steal those. ;) ) But yeah, sure, no problem at all!

10. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    I had never thought of fanficcers as "rogue readers" until I read your paper. But it makes perfect sense. Always trying to fix things, fanficcers are.

11. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Don't worry, I just wanted to put a line or two in my Facebook status :) .

You see, the past year I got involved with a group of local SW fans, but most of them are into customing, collecting and games and I'm the only (lone) fanficcer. I've been struggling to explain to them why fanfic is the "black sheep" of fandom. The things I learned through your paper will come in handy :) .Thank you!

12. LLL

Jul 16, 2000
    Hi...Is there a way to read this if you can't get a zip file open??

Thanks!

13. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    TKeira_Lea - heh, I hadn't either until I started this project! There's been some really cool stuff written on the topic. I'm glad you enjoyed the paper!

Golden_Jedi - oh in that case, work away, no worries at all! It might come in handy when it comes to explaining it to other people, come to think of it. Which is awesome to hear!

LLL - uhm, I don't think DeviantArt will let me upload a .pdf file. But I can email it to you, if you like?

14. LLL

Jul 16, 2000
    Cool!! Will send email via PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.