main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Controversial New Welsh FFUK Idea

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Stuey, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I had a Domino's the other day. It was probably the best pizza I have ever tasted. It was the first time i've been to Domino's, and I got to say, as much as I love the Hut, Domino's is a slightly better pizza.

Though you can't sit down and eat it, which is the only draw back.

2. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Really? Wow I've never had Domino's but I suspected that it was a good pizza place due to the fact that they are a large company and havnt gone bankrupt. I personaly arnt keen on putting like loads of toppings on a pizza, just prefer the good 'ol fashion cheese and tomato.

3. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    Glad a good time was had by all, sorry i couldn't be there

what's this about a con in cardiff soon? i'll make up for my unforgiveable absence by volunteering my house for a post convention drinking and trilogy viewing session

4. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    If I remember rightly there wasnt a date on the flyer that got handed out but it said 'Christmas' on it so I'm guessing sometime arround the 24th of December... just a random guess though. :p

5. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    I think the same company did one in the Marriot last december (18th possibly?). unfortunately i missed it because i was visiting my sister for her birthday, but if it's that time again i'll blow her off for star wars this time

6. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Thats the spirit. :p

7. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    The date of the Cardiff Con is December 17th.

There's also one in Newport in October. Hopefully we can get quite a few people to go to that one, mainly because people will be too skint to attend the Christmas one, which is understandable I suppose.

8. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    I pledge my advanced allegiance to the newport con, huzzah

wow, that's the first time in years i've been caught by the OPPM, i'd better take it easy incase i strain something

9. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    *hands Stuey a walking stick* Take it easy there. ;)

10. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    It's amazing how much damage just 3 posters can cause isn't it? ;)

I think we'll all going to need a good lay down after all of this.

My head is starting to spin!

11. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Haha damage? I wouldnt call it damage. :p I agree, after this I'm going to need a lie down to, my head is hurting.

12. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    I'm glad we're sharing the conversation between the 3 over us of lots of threads to make it look like the board is more active, together we can make Wales great as long as nobody looks too closely :p

13. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    To closely? :p If someone came over here with a quick glance I think they would realise what was going on hah.

14. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    Exactly! no-one comes here and that's the problem, so no-one will notice!

15. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    You present a very valid point, good observation, that hadnt occured to me that if no one came here then no one would notice. Nice. :p

16. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Beware of the Tim, he's always lurking somewhere. :p

But we do pretty much have the run of the place, but i'm sure we'll get quite a few more posters interested in the movie club idea when they have a look around during the more sociable hours.

Or at least I hope we will.

17. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    Now that a meet has taken place, hopefully things will pick up. Particularly with two local conventions coming up

whether new posters will be as into the 1.30am chats i'm not sure

18. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    *delurks* (works like decloaking, but is fancier and more sfx :p )

Here's a thought ... why not make a poster for FF-UK: Wales, print it out, then stick it in local sci-fi related shops? Advertise yourselves. I can help with making you the poster, we can also mention the Newport/Cardiff events.

19. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    There isnt any sci-fi related shops where I live. :p The closest thing is "The Music Store" which sells dvd's and posters.

20. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    There's Forbbiden Planet and the Comic Guru in Cardiff off the top of my head that might do it

21. Stevie79

Stevie79 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2006
    Comic Guru will definitely allow a poster to be put up. He even goes to these events himself anyway. Not sure on FB. Worth asking suppose.

22. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    FB allowed posters in Liverpool, and somewhere else, we can ask. I need to consult my master list of comic shops and see what else is in Wales, we need to target all Wales, hope people will travel ;)

23. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    So what kind of info do you need on the poster/flyer? I can make one.

24. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Ooooo ... good, always best if someone in chapter can do their own stuff. You and your CR need to chat about details, but I'll look for examples. You may be best doing a changeable one - for the current one include say a "Next meet: Newport" and give details, etc.

25. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Well heres a example of my work... http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/7505/dsjuly11thbwsmalllv7.jpg

Well everything on that ^^^ poster is changeable (text wise) so theres no problem there with changable stuff.

I also have a contact in a printers near me, can get 100 A5 glossy prints for £5 (usualy its £8.50) if thats any help. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.