main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Conventions Thread (Now Discussing D23 July 14-16, SDCC July 20-23)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    At about the 1:30 mark of this video there's rumors of a certain actor of Scottish descent is going to be at the live action panel

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  3. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    Well, nothing of Han Solo, nor other anthology movie...

4. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Yeah. The BTS for Last Jedi is really cool but I was really hoping for more info on the anthologies. A title for the Han Solo film, if nothing else. I was sure that Solo would keep its May date but I think I am now firmly in the delay camp now.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  5. LittleDefel

LittleDefel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 17, 2012
    I was at the D23 panel. Alan Horn did say that the Han Solo film was still planned for "summer" 2018. Maybe they will delay it but only by a couple of months to late July or early August.

Looking at the release schedule on boxofficemojo.com, I think a late July / early August release is preferable anyway. It will face less competition with a late summer release and the first Guardians movie showed that an early August release can still do extremely well.

6. fastcooljosh

fastcooljosh Jedi Master star 2

Mar 15, 2017
    maybe we get something today [face_thinking]

7. Cedric T Sealion

Cedric T Sealion Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 19, 2014
    Still no word on what the third anthology film will be? This sucks.

DarthRosie likes this.
  8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Sigh. I just looked in here too for that.
    Any last moment announcement? No?
    Ahh well.

9. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    No mention at all. Huh... All the attention was on TLJ.

Guess that says something about the current state of Han Solo, and that they still haven't made their choice (?) on the third standalone, even though that was supposed to be done somewhere in june according to Kennedy herself...

That Lord & Miller ruckus threw a bigger hydrospanner in the works than i thought.

Krueger likes this.
  10. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Comic-Con 2017 Exclusives Part 4!

New pics of Comic-Con exclusives! Clothes, toys, collectibles and more!

11. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Comic-Con 2017 Pics Part 5!

New pics from Comic-Con! Clothes, toys, collectibles and more!

12. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    http://ew.com/article/2016/11/22/rogue-one-lucasfilm-new-star-wars-movies/

I was disappointed that we didn't find out what the 2020 spin--off is going to be at D23. But re-reading this article makes me wonder if LFL were holding that announcement off, until they could release it, along with a number of others, at a later date.

13. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Comic-Con 2017 Pics! Part 6

New pics from Comic-Con! Displays, toys, collectibles and more!

14. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I agree. What's with the secrecy? You can't tell me they haven't locked in the next Anthology movie (beyond the Solo movie); as well as 1 or 2 more beyond that. Revealing the topic of the next Anthology movie is not too much to ask for. Come on Disney! [face_waiting]

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    They could be putting it off so that when they do release it they have a little more to say than just what the subject is. Like a director or writer or both.

16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Maybe they can't decide between a Raddus or Nien Numb movie.. Tough decision..

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    The Numb all the way.

B99 likes this.
  18. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Raddus has annihilated all my previous alien obsessions. So I'm with him.

Padme501st likes this.
  19. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Even Gigorans?

20. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Well no, but they are not a previous obsession. :)

TCF-1138 likes this.
  21. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I will agree I was a bit disappointed with all the radio silence regarding all things spinoff at both D23 and SDCC. I'd have thought at the VERY LEAST we'd get what the Han Solo film was officially called! But, instead we still saw that old familiar "Untitled Han Solo Film" sitting there up on the screen when Disney revealed their movie timeline. I get secrecy and all that-but why wait on THAT of all things?! Also, this means we will see nothing of Han Solo film except for a trailer-I'm guessing late fall, and possibly something at Celebration next year-which is only a month before release anyways. Which I suppose I understand, given the shakeup they've had with filming. They want to market the film as it will be upon release, so I get that...but still I'd have thought we'd hear something.

And wasn't there talk about a trailer being prepared for TLJ, and how it was shorter than the teaser? Or was that the BTS reel? I know it was a rumor but still just asking...And lastly, didn't KK and/or LFL say something about announcing the next spinoff in June?????

I quite enjoyed the BTS featurette that we saw for TLJ. Great stuff. But I must say I'm very surprised at how much secrecy is surrounding this particular installment! We are only a little over 4 months away from its release and so far we've only seen the one Celebration teaser in the way of trailers, (the likes of which we saw for TFA over a YEAR in advance) and an article in Vanity Fair which, although we got some great photos, didn't really tell us much about anything we didn't already know...There must be some really crazy stuff that happens in TLJ that they're trying not to reveal by showing so little. If so, I respect that.

I'm just saying-I'm a patient man and everything, but that seems like a lot of talking about stuff coming and it never happening. Especially when compared to the marketing for TFA and Rogue One.

22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Unless something has changed that I've missed, there won't be a Celebration next year.

23. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

Oh yeah, that's right......:oops:

But still, then that just further proves my point! The Han Solo film will then have NO convention platform on which to hype up the release, and they'll have to rely on trailers and magazine spreads alone!

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The next Celebration is in 2019. There will not be one next year in Europe or anywhere else unfortunately.

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Instead of anthology, why don't we get a Star Wars Anthropology movie instead?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.