main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic Conversation Cafe

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Drift_Queen, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    You're lucky that your University is having a party. Mine isn't :p And I love Halloween.

2. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Grand-Admiral_Stan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2002

Sorry to hear tara!

I prolly just work, i don't know if we are doign any thing or not, i may hand out candy but there won't be too many kids.

3. Drift_Queen

Drift_Queen Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2004
    I know what I'll be doing...passing out the candy at my parent's place....oh well. it's better than doing nothing I guess. Hope everyone else has fun! [face_skull] HAPPY HALLOWEEN ALL!! [face_pumpkin]

4. DarthSmurf

DarthSmurf Jedi Master star 5

May 10, 2003
    It's not so much the university but my residence. If the university KNEW what would be going on at this party, the council for my house would be in SO much trouble. :p

Man, this month went by so quick! Does anyone else find that university goes by so much faster than high school?

5. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Yes, I noticed. November is going to be hell. :p And that will go by fast too.

6. Drift_Queen

Oct 2, 2004
    You think the months at university fly by....just wait until you're out in the working world. Now those months fly by.....no wait! Correction...YEARS! They're the ones that move even faster. And it just keeps getting worse the older you get.

7. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    Listening to both the BadgerBadgerBadger song and the new Marvellous Breadfish!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

8. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    I was out in the working world. My advice is EVERYBODY STAY AWAY FROM CALL CENTRES! Yes, they pay well but it's hell.

9. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Feb 25, 2002

I am workign at one at this very moment, and she is very correct. I have noticed how fast time goes, you don't really notice it either ! - Today our system is down and we are hand writing orders, i can't even help ppl if i wanted to :) what a beautiful day , -

10. im_posessed

im_posessed Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2002
    i worked at a call center for a few months, and it was horrible *shudders* the worst part was that i was working in the MSN department, so technically, i was working for Bill Gates, i felt like i had sold my soul to the devil

not fun work, not fun at all, tho the people i worked with were a lot of fun, and every now and then i would get a good call, like the old man who just thought i was the smartest thing in the world because i told him i could give him a free month. that was the trick to everything, give people free time, i'm glad i left before they changed that rule lol

11. Drift_Queen

Oct 2, 2004
    Hey Steph! :) How's everything out west? By the way, this is your soon to be sister-in-law! LOL. Tam got me hooked on the boards now too. :D

12. im_posessed

Nov 13, 2002
    i figured that was you Amy!
    how are you doing? things are going great out here! i really do miss everyone tho. Did Ben tell youthat we're coming back out here next june? it's very exciting. how are things going for you?

13. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    The only calls I liked were from the millionaires (they were the most friendly), especially the guy who wanted to insure a 27,000 diamond ring. I'd describe as jolly and very friendly. I envy his wife though. ;)

14. DarthSmurf

May 10, 2003
    Call centres. Never worked at one, but I figure that the ones that you have to call out for are the most horrible. I imagine that the call in ones aren't as bad. Or someone correct me if I'm wrong. :p

15. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Yeah, thankfully I didn't work at an outbound center. That would probably be a hell of lot worse...people hanging up on you and screaming at you...even more so.

16. im_posessed

Nov 13, 2002
    i don't think i could work in an outbound center...my brothers ex gf used to and really hated it, it takes a certain kind of personality to be able to handle it, and i definaty don't have that kind of personality

17. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Feb 25, 2002

I have heard to many horror stories from RMH to ever consider outbound, and inbound is bad enough forsure. I worked at Cendant ( Budget ) for 6 months and i have been at this call center for four months. I don't want to ever work for a call center again.

steph, what did you do with msn?

18. DarthSmurf

May 10, 2003
    Hey, hey! It's a wonderful Monday isn't it? Though, I am looking forward to getting back to university... I know, I know. I must have fell on my head, but I miss my bed. My sister's spare bed is so uncomfortable. :p

19. im_posessed

Nov 13, 2002
    Jon - i was a "retention agent" - people called to cancel their msn dialup plans and i was paid to try and talk them into keeping it. sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. not a fun job either way

20. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Feb 25, 2002
    I would think so , but it got you money - :)

21. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Oh I know what a retention unit is. I used to transfer calls to them. They were always quite snappy and sometimes refused to take the call. :p Not my job and I definitely wouldn't want to do it.

22. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Feb 25, 2002

Did you make money if you kept the customer? \

DB - where di you work at?

23. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    "DB - where di you work at?"

ICT in Riverview...worked for an American insurance company. Then they closed down the retention department. Then they told us we had to save customers from cancelling. They only gave us 20 minutes of training. :p That's another thing about call centres, is that the management could care less about their workers. Never again!!!

24. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Feb 25, 2002

was this in fredericton?

did anyone work at rmh?

25. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    No, it was in Riverview, which is about 10 or 15 minutes from Moncton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.