main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side corellian jedi robes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by USFA, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USFA

USFA Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2005
    I'm about to start on a set of corellian jedi costume, maybe corran horn since we do look alike quite a bit, or maybe something of my own style. But back to the point, we all know this pic of corran and the normal corellian Jedi robe..

[image=http://www.thejawa.com/customs/reference/eu/njo/corran/corran1.JPG]

Now i have the boots and pants and boot (european cavalry boots) dealt with already, but what would you guys suggest i use for material for the robes? Any basic emerald stuff that is of good quilty? I'm planning on using the basic pattern from padawan guide. So any ideas as to how I should go about getting the robe, The outer/inner tunic. O and cash really ain't a problem, i'm a loaded 16 yearold with to many jobs :)

2. Amanita

Amanita Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2003
    For your robe, where do you plan to wear it? If you're planning to wear it indoors, or in places where it's fairly warm, you might want to pass on heavier wool-type fabrics. I made my robe out of a fabric very similar to flannel- 100% cotton with a nice woolly texture. It's lighter than wool and looks really nice. I've even worn the thing in summer heat and been okay with it. So I might suggest either wool coat fabric, or a ligher cotten substitute.

For your tunics, you might be able to find linen or linen look fabrics in the right weights and colours. I'm currently working on the design for a Jedi costume for a friend of mine- she wants forest green for an outer tunic with darker green on the inside. We're planning to use poly-cotton broadcloth. It's lightweight, and she overheats easily, therefore she doesn't want anything too heavy on her, other than her outer robe.

3. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Silk noil would also be good. Thai Silk has it for just under $5 yard and there are a couple green shades.

What ever you choose, go with natural fabrics, cotton, linen, silk, as they will be cooler. Jedi garb is a lot of layers and when you add that cape, it's going to be warm unless you're in a very cold climate.

4. Zelda_Skywalker

Zelda_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2005
    I saw the perfect thing at wal-mart. it's just a little darker than that, but not much and then there is another color like it, but it is much much darker, I saw that where I live, but you could go to your wal-mart and show that to the lady behind the counter and she should find something close to it...or go to a seamstress nearby and show her that..she should even make it for you, or if you didn't want her to, she'd sell you the cloth...but it wouldn't be as cheap as Wal-Mart, but maybe a little thicker for a better quality...

5. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I actually made this costume with some modifications as my first costume ever you can check out the pictures here. I forget what fabrics I used since it's been almost 4 years now but any other questions you might have I can do my best to help you with. Here are the pics if you'd like to take a look.

Corran Horn costume pics

Forcebewitya.

6. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Nice costume, Forcebewitya. I was going to ask if you had it submitted at the Rebel Legion, but I looked it up for myself and see that you do.

In your pic with Mara Jade at C3, I can see Reaper in the background in his X-Wing pilot costume guarding the X-Wing.
    ;)

7. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Heh, that's cool, yeah I just recently joined the Rebel Legion with my Corran costume, and my A'sharad Hett costume. I havent done much with them since most my costuming friends do stuff with the 501st, and even though I'm not an official member they let me come along.

Forcebewitya.

8. darthnave

darthnave Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2005
    If you ask me something light and breathes (obviosly:oops: ) because jedi tunics have alot of layers. Or maybe something like monk cloth (yes thats a real fabric). Although it is hard to use. My mom had quite some trouble putting the tunic together. Hey Forcebewitya how did you make that belt cape? Oh and what is "The Rebel Legion" out of curiosity?

9. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    I'm sure you've heard of The 501st, right? ;) The Rebel Legion is their sister costuming group that has the "good guy" costumes. Jedi, X-Wing Pilots, Fleet Troopers, to name just a few.[face_peace]

Many people had dual membership in both clubs. We work together at events like conventions, book signings and charity events.

Rebel Legion

10. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Nope haven't heard of either. (Well the 501st in Battlefront2 but those are the 'litteral' 501st.) And DANG!I'm too young.

11. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    Ok, I guess I just assumed that everyone who posts on Star Wars message boards knew who the 501

12. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    Ok, I guess I just assumed that everyone who posts on Star Wars message boards knew who the 501st Costuming group was. [face_thinking]

13. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I made one for a friend and used Indian homespun for the open-sided vest and belt, a lighter shade of it for the outer tunic, and a light green kona cotton for the inner tunic. Or maybe it was kona for the outer, and homespun for the inner. It's been so long I can't remember. :p

Either way, it was very cheap - about $30. Of course, it also helped that Corran doesn't have the typical long and wide sleeves - less fabric to buy. :p

14. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    The 501st in the books and games are actually named in honor of the costuming group. They didn't get mentioned in the movies, but the clones who followed Anakin into the Jedi temple were supposedly the 501st, since their nickname is "Vader's Fist."

Another costuming group to check out is the Grand Army of the Republic - http://www.grandarmy.org/index2.html. Their members do costumes from the prequels (clones, Jedi, etc.)

15. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Niiiice.

16. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Smiling-Otter, if you want to talk about this head over to Which character should be the next Force FX saber? Thats the name Exactly. We are talking about it over there.

17. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    By belt cape I assume you mean the cloth underbelt (obi sash)? If so it's very simple. Get a peice of fabric that is twice the width of what your obi is supposed to be then fold it so that the ends meet either in the center of fabric or the ends then just stitch it lenth wise and at the ends, and thats it. The additions that I made coming off the obi I just did the same thing and sewed them to it. Does that answer your question?

Forcebewitya.

18. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Yeah that will work thanks.[face_peace]

19. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Oh wait when I meant belt cape I meant the cloth on your sides in the Jedi 2 picture but when I looked closely at it I noticed that it was two pieces of cloth at each side. (I am reffering to the grey cloth.)

20. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Yeah those are just folded fabric sewn onto the obi sash around my waist. I always thought those looked cool so I decided to add them...I really dont know if my costume should be a random Jedi or corran horn whatever though I like it. (and the cloth is really green in real life but it does look sorta grey in that pic.).

Forcebewitya.

21. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Yeah that's what I thought. Ah well. Okay the act is done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.