main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Corphelion Stars Bespin Cafe -The Han/Leia WR and Archive - October Fanfic Update Up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by HanLeiaFanficGuru, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Mine is going up in a couple of minutes too- go check it out!!

2. Tara

Tara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2002
    You guys ALL did an awesome job on the fic challenge! I'm so glad so many people decided to try it out!

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey, what's up everyone?

Sorry I didn't write a fic for the challenge. I'm not such a good writer...I'm more of an artist. ;)

4. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Tara: I [face_love] your sig. It's a quote from Buffy, isn't it? ;)

5. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    HanSolo, aw come on, I know your a artist, but I bet you could be a writer to! :D After all, you read alot of fics, and most readers do have the potential to be writers. :) I was a reader before I wrote, thats for sure! :p

6. Tara

May 4, 2002
    crystalrain: Yes :D I'm a huge fan of Buffy...Willow/Oz reformed to Willow/Tara shipper ( :_| when she thinks of Tara..It was the week after I changed my name too!)

Has anyone found any new H/L fics this month? I've noticed Puggy's The Path and RogueSticks Better than Fine have been added to the archive. If anyone finds anything else, please let me or LadyPadme know... :) (BTW both aforementioned fics are most excellent, check them out :))

Also..If you guys want to read an awesome H/L novel length fic Renewal is absolutely wonderful...It's up at my site, later chapters go over PG-13 as a warning (not the one I linked to)...

I always feel so lucky that H/L fans are blessed with such talented writers! :)

To start a discussion..What are some of your favourite H/L fanfics?

I personally like Sue Zahn's fics a lot...She was the first H/L author I discovered. There are many, many more..but I'll list them later.. :)

7. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Wow! Tara, love the color coding you did! Very snazzy!

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Princess: Maybe I'll give it a try...I don't know. Sometimes I do get into the mood to write and I start something, but it always falls through. I have a lot of incomplete fics saved on my computer.

9. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    HanSolo: Hey, thats okay, I had several imcompletes before I dared to post anything, just try a viggie first, or a re-write of a famous scene, like the Falcon kiss or something, or a missing moment, those are the easiest to do to start with. :) But whatever you do, you should definitly try! :D I'd be glad to help if you want. :)

Hmmmmm, favorite Han and Leia fics....

I'd have to think for awhile, but off the top of my head I would have to say Aanix_Durray's "For the Future" (which I have had the privilige of betaing,) its a wonderful story, and I would have read it reguardless. :)

And I like Am's "You Don't Bring Me Flowers Any More"

Sara_Kenobi's , "The Darkest Chance" is good to. :)

The first fic I ever read here was years ago, but it was a Han and Leia one "Of Love and Marriage" I remember I loved it, I had just discovered fan fic. :)

10. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    Of love and marrige has been started up again, Princess. I know what you mean, I [face_love] it too! :D

EDIT: Here's a link for ya! Of Love and Marriage

11. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Favorite Han/Leia fics, you ask?

I can't remember. I know there's one in particular, over at the Corellian Embassy, that I think I've read four times. "Bespin Pledge" and "In Close Proximity" by Carolyn Golledge, and then "Difficult Sometimes" by Cindy Olsen, and Leela's "Ice" are some of my favorites...

On the JC Boards, I've been keeping up with LadyPadme's "In Love and War" (I think we ALL have, LOL!) and Silver_Solo's "Miscordia Mission" (probably spelt that wrong) oh, and "Han Alone" by Knight-Ander (I think, ahh, sorry!)... And then I beta RougeSticks' "Would-Be Worlds: Fight the Tide." I know there are others, but I can't remember, seeing as I have a horrible memory...

My favorite types of Han/Leia fics to read are ESB ones that take place post-Falcon kiss and pre-carbonization. I think I like those best because they're really difficult to write. Han and Leia's relationship is new, even though the feelings themselves have been there quite sometime. I also love post-ANH/pre-ESB fics that are similar to romantic comedies, except Han and Leia don't get together at the end. AU's are fun, too... Really, I'll read anything that's starring Han/Leia...

12. Miska

Apr 18, 2002
    I love ALL the fics at the Correllian Embassy- it's a H/L fan's heaven :) There are a couple that I just keep coming back to, however. I love "Difficult Sometimes", over at the "Han Solo and the Princess" site...there's also a great "Han and Leia Missing Moments" series at the Star Wars Fan Fic Library.

13. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Princess: Thanks for the encouragement. I might just give it a try! ;) I'm inspired!

Hmm...favorite fics...I would have to say "While You Were Gone" by StonedRose. I also enjoyed Sara_Kenobi's "The Darkest Chance." And currently, LadyPadme's "In Love and War" and Aanix_Durray's "For the Future". And, I'm sure this list will continue growing. ;)

14. Elektra

Elektra Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 18, 2001
    Hmm favourite fics...

Anything by Leela :), Carolyn Golledge, most of Cindy Olsen's stuff, absolutely anything by Martha Wells (the woman is a god!), quite a bit of the stuff at DGE, Sue Zahn's stuff, and all time favourite fic is still 'Luke's Girl' by IMXFScully. Probably tied with 'Mission to Galadan' by Leela, since I can't read that without grinning manically.

Also 'While you were gone' on the boards. I don't really remember what else I read here, I tend just to drift in and out since I like to have meaty chunks of reading to do.

15. Tara

May 4, 2002
    Nice picks everyone...

I think I have a soft spot for Sue Zahn because she was the VERY first H/L author I discovered...When I first discovered fanfic, it was all about the Empire or Jedi, and then I found out there were people like me and I was very happy :D Anyway, her Mergers and Acquisitions is one of my all time favs.

Others would include:

The Quality of Mercy by Vesper Diem (Chilling AU).

Dreaming by Cindy Olsen (really really hot :D)

Forty Days by Leela (ditto!)

Renewal by Ivy L., as I mentioned before (I think this is the most complex I've ever seen Han & Leia's relationship written).

Healing by Marie (bittersweet).

Many more but my break is up now..I'll be back later :)

16. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001

HanSolo: Your welcome. :)

crystalrain: Are you serious? :D :D I am soooo glad thats back up and running, thanks for the link, I'll head over there for sure! :D

Tara: Lol, just thought I'd tell you, I love your sig.

17. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Well I posted my little fan challenge!!! I hope you enjoy!

18. Tara

May 4, 2002
    Very nice Jedi Jade! :)

In an attempt to up this thread, I was listening to the radio and I found this song reminded me a lot of Han & Leia, of Han thinking of Leia duing ESB, and how she cuts herself off from people and doesn't let herself really feel her emotions. Anyway, I might be off my rocker, but I thought you guys might enjoy it :)

Now that she's back in the atmosphere
    With drops of Jupiter in her hair
    She acts like summer and walks like rain
    Reminds me that there's time to change
    Since the return from her stay on the moon
    She listens like spring and she talks like June

Tell me did you sail across the sun
    Did you make it to the Milky Way to see the lights all faded
    And that heaven is overrated
    Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star
    One without a permanent scar
    And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there

Now that she's back from that soul vacation
    Tracing her way through the constellation, She checks out Mozart while she does tae-bo
    Reminds me that there's room to grow

Now that she's back in the atmosphere
    I'm afraid that she might think of me as plain ol' Jane
    Told a story about a man who is too afraid to fly so he never did land

Tell me, did the wind sweep you off your feet
    Did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day
    And head back to the Milky Way
    And tell me, did Venus blow your mind
    Was it everything you wanted to find
    And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there

Can you imagine no love, pride, deep-fried chicken
    Your best friend always sticking up for you
    Even when I know you're wrong
    Can you imagine no first dance, freeze-dried romance
    Five-hour phone conversation
    The best soy latte that you ever had
    And me

Tell me did the wind sweep you off your feet
    And head back toward the Milky Way
    And tell me did you sail across the sun
    Did you make it to the Milky Way to see the lights all faded
    And that heaven is overrated

And tell me, did you fall for a shooting star
    One without a permanent scar
    And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself

And did you fall for a shooting star
    Fall for a shooting star
    And are you lonely looking for yourself out there

19. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Yes! I listened to that song the other day, and it was SO Han/Leia. Actually, there are A LOT of songs that are VERY Han/Leia:

Hold on to the Nights (Richard Marx)
    Very Han and Leia right after the Falcon kiss.

I Could Fall in Love (Selena)
    Leia's thoughts after Han kisses her for the first time.

To the Moon and Back (Savage Garden)
    Some parts of it fittingly describe Leia, especially, "If love were red than she'd be colorblind" and "She's saying 'Love is like a barren place, and, reaching out for human faith is, it's like a journey I just don't have map for.'"

Uptown Girl (Billy Joel)
    The Princess/Smuggler theme song! I mean, it's all about a "backstreet guy" who falls for his "uptown girl."

The Longest Time (Billy Joel)
    Describes Han and Leia's relationship. My favorite lines are "Once I thought my innocence was gone; now I know that happiness goes on"--that, to me, describes a lot abou how Leia probably felt...

My All (Mariah Carey)
    Leia's feelings after losing Han in ESB.

Don't Dream It's Over (Crowded House)
    Some of the lines just *fit* Han and Leia very well, especially the references to wars and battles, etc...

Everything I Do, I Do it for You (Bryan Adams)
    It's like THE love song. I know they used it in Robin Hood, but it honestly is an amazing song and very much Han and Leia.

I'm such a music addict; it's crazy. There are PLENTY more songs that easily relate to Han/Leia... I'm trying to think of them. I'd like to say more, but I've got to be off. G'byes!

20. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001

That song is soooo Han and Leia! :D

Well, since were talking about songs, there are a few that I've always thought described Han and Leia as well. :)

Anything and Everything by Martini Mcbride
    I used this one in a song fic of Han and Leia, its so beautiful, I've always thought it could be their thoughts, especially Hans during the carbon freezing scene. And it happens to be one of my all time favorte songs. :)

I Need You by LeeAnn Rimes
    I've used this one in a song fic to, when I heard it I was like, oh my gosh! Its could almost mirror Han and Leia's feelings for eachother during the NJO pre-balance point, really good song, but it made me cry. :(

Thinking About You by Trisha Yearwood
    This one works to, it could be in ESB or ANH, sort of how they seem to keep thinking about eachother, even though they don't understand why.

Let Me In By Chely Wright
    I especially like this one. When they first met Han and Leia had both sort of closed themselves off to feeling, although for differnt reasons. And when they met they sort of shook eachother out of that apathy of not caring for people they were afraid to lose. Really a beautiful song.

(can you tell I listen to country, those are ALL country songs. :p )

21. Miska

Apr 18, 2002
    LOL any time I hear a romantic piece of music, I think of Han and Leia. When I was writing the challenge response, I just listened to the "Han Solo and the Princess" theme over and over again...it never fails to amaze me how John Williams was able to convey the ups and downs of the relationship, the individual characters of each, and the underlying love in just a short 4 minute piece...there's even a few seconds near the end where a strain of the Imperial March plays- to me that foreshadows the threat the Empire will be to their relationship and how Leia's Dark Side heritage will influence their future.

Anyway, enough rambling. The reason I dropped by was to ask if anyone was interested in beta reading the vignette I posed for the challenge? I'd like to get it submitted to the archives, and I already had one great beta (thanks Puggy!!), but I'd like to have at least 2 more. I tried writing to the betareaders@theforce.net mailing list, but none of them were able to help me. Anyway, if you're interested, just PM me and I'll send you the fic. Thanks guys!!!

22. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    John Williams' music is incredible. I cried once listening to "The Rebel Fleet/End Title" because it reminded me so much of the ending of ESB, LOL. I really am a sap! Anywho. The ESB Soundtrack is definitely one of my favorite albums of all time. I like the "Han Solo and the Princess" theme best when it's played intensely, like in the final songs of ESB. :)

23. Elektra

Elektra Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 18, 2001
    I cried at the end of RotJ when I saw it first, because there were no more movies to see... :)

EDIT: I have loads of songs, but they mainly seem to be Han/Leia break up songs for some insane reason.

Favourite one - More Like the Movies by Dr Hook

I guess the dance is over now
    So you just curtsey and I'll bow
    And ask the band to play us
    "Auld Lang Syne".
    Then I'll just take what's left of me
    Right back to where it used to be
    And you go sail your magic carpet
    Far across the sky.

(Chorus)
    I wish I could have made it
    More like the movies for you.
    Some pretty technicolor way
    It's never been.
    I'm sorry when I kissed you
    You only heard me whisper
    You never got to hear those Violins. (Did you, girl?)
    No, you never got to hear those violins.

The castles that you built so high
    Were just to steep for me to climb
    And I guess these dirty streets of mine
    Were just too rough for you.
    I wish I could have made you see
    Just one of your sweet childhood dreams
    But though I tried I could not make
    Just one of them come true .

(Chorus)
    I wish I could have made it
    More like the movies for you.
    Some pretty technicolor way
    It's never been.
    I'm sorry when I kissed you
    You only heard me whisper
    You never got to hear those Violins. (Did you, girl?)
    No, you never got to hear those violins.

See, depressing is good!

24. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    I've written a songfic based on this one but it's still being betad:

Warm Tape (by Red Hot Chilli Peppers)

Shiver for me girl
    Deliver for me my darling
    Pushin? up to you
    A river that runs right thru you
    Swim for your smile
    In a blue rock quarry
    Make it for me baby
    You won?t be sorry
    Shiver for me now
    Deliver for me my darling

Miles and miles of nether worlds I roam
    Settle for love you?re never far from home
    Carry me down into the waters of
    Carry me down into the waters of love
    Two of us were made of angel dust
    I?ve been around
    But not around enough

Shadow my free form
    A woman that I could keep warm
    Quiver for me girl
    Give me your head and shoulders
    Shot from the pages of love and glory
    Sleeping next to you and I?m in your story
    Shadow my free form
    A woman that I could keep warm

Miles and miles of nether worlds I roam
    Settle for love you?re never far from home
    Carry me down into the waters of
    Carry me down into the waters of love
    Two of us were made of angel dust
    I?ve been around
    But not around enough

Let?s go
    I know I make it for two

Also My Baby by Leann Rimes (I think)

25. Tara

May 4, 2002
    Crystalrain, that's funny that you mentioned My Baby, because boushh2187 did a Han/Leia music video on it that is awesome (looks completley professional). You can download it at here (http://www.solocommand.com/mybaby2.mov).

Puggy I totally agree on Uptown Girl! That song is *so* Han/Leia!

Another oldies song that reminds me of Han and Leia is "Brown-eyed Girl", since Leia's eyes are so focused on duing ESB.

Here are some other song that remind me of Han and Leia:

Leia during ESB, when she doesn't want to fall in love with Han because she knows he's leaving but she does anyway:

Nowhere to run, baby, nowhere to hide
    Got nowhere to run to, baby, nowhere to hide

It's not love I'm running from
    It's the heartbreak I know will come
    Cause I know you're no good for me
    But you've become a part of me
    Everywhere I go, your face I see
    Every step I take you take with me

Nowhere to run, baby, nowhere to hide
    Got nowhere to run to, baby, nowhere to hide

I know you're no good for me
    But free of you I'll never be