main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Corran Horn Costume

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Celsius_Nivlek, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celsius_Nivlek

Celsius_Nivlek Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2007
    I am wanting to make a Corran Horn costume and eventually apply for the Rebel Legion, I know that Corran Horn costumes can be in the Rebel Legion but I don't know the specific qualification because he is not listed. When he just be considered a Jedi? Also does anyone have a detailed picture of what his lightsaber would look like? Thanks

2. CaptKieranFlar

CaptKieranFlar Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2001
    Celsius,

Corran truly embraced his Jedi heritage in the book "I, Jedi".

Michael Stackpole wrote very good descriptions of Corran's Jedi robes during his time with the pirates, though these robes were destroyed in his battle with the hutt.

Most of the post-I,Jedi books describe him in an assortment of attire, either casual wear, flight suites, or classic Jedi brown and black robes.

As for your costume, it depends on what era of Corran's life you want.

Pre - I, Jedi: Rebel flight suit with the lightsaber described in the Rogue Squadron series.

I, Jedi: The robes and lightsaber as described in detail in I, Jedi.

Post I, Jedi: Traditional Jedi black or brown robes (patterns and detailed descriptions of these can be found everywhere) with the lightsaber described in I, Jedi.

I would suggest going the I, Jedi route (assuming the legion approves these robes). Either way you're likely going to make the lightsaber from this book.

This would involve you buying the book, and reading it. We'll point you to the sources, but it is up to you to read them ;-)

3. Celsius_Nivlek

Celsius_Nivlek Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2007
    Ah well, luckily for me I have that book somewhere around here. I have just never read it. Thanks for the tips

4. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    i thought Corran wore green robes?

[image=http://www.padawansguide.com/gifs/corran1.jpg]

5. Scolai

Scolai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2009
    Both. He starts in the greens and eventually wears the regular Jedi browns, though having some green accent wouldn't be bad.

He also appears in the Union comics in Jedi attire. I believe at the Jedi wedding ceremony he's wearing a regular brown Jedi robe, but has green tabards. He's in a tux for the official ceremony, though (which gets ripped up while fighting the swoop gang, but dang he gets them good with his black hole illusion).

Edit to add: His saber was made from a swoop handle, but I don't recall any clear pictures of it. I believe the blade is silver.

6. C1-J2

C1-J2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2007
    Yeah, the blade was silver. :)

7. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    While he may have switched to wearing black and green, then ultimately brown and green, (I really don't remember), that green on green scheme that was pictured earlier, are the robes of his grandfather. When he was making his escape from the Lusankya, he came across a museum room that had a bunch of Jedi relics in it. One of them happened to bear clothes, which he needed and fit, and a lightsaber. Has it happened, the Force had guided him to those items having belonged to his paternal grandfather.

That version of Corran Horn, I know, is acceptable within the Rebel Legion - then again, I think it may have been an informal costume, too. Not sure about that. But I've even seen dealers sell the that specific Corran Horn costume on ebay on many occasion.

I'd suggest doing Corran Horn, as CorSec, but that costume isn't accepted. At least not to my knowledge. I have on CorSec costume... well, sort of. The brown color of the costume is way too dark. But the likeness is pretty spot on. I don't wear it all that often. The only reason I bring it up is because it is a Corran Horn costume, which is what you are asking about.

But, if you are looking to join the Rebel Legion, I would stick with the Jedi version of Corran Horn costumes, as it could fall under the guise of New Republic Jedi standards (since I couldn't find any spefici standards for Corran Horn). That's where I would start, if I were you... and definitely pick the brain of the LEgion Costuming Judges. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

- Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.