main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Corran Horn/Obi-Wan Kenobi

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth Majestic, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Darth Majestic

Darth Majestic Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2020
    It's my opinion that Corran Horn was the greatest Jedi in the entire Star Wars universe and should be represented in the movies. I am also of the opinion that Obi-Wan was the Jedi's greatest failure and is given way too much prestige.
    ...anyone else have an opinion on this?

2. VaderBoyee

VaderBoyee Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 9, 2021
    Yikes! Harsh! But Obi's redeeming himself in the new series, though.

3. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    I don't understand why exactly you think of Corran as THE best Jedi, but i think that Obi-Wan's career was indeed one of failure, especially in Legends, he failed Anakin, A'sharad and Quinlan, only one of them got out of the dark without much damage, the other two caused immense suffering to the Galaxy, and after they became dark, he failed to finish them off before they could keep diving deeper into the Dark Side, while at the same time being against Vader's redemption later on, so i think that he failed both as a pragmatic utilitarian Jedi and as an empathic "redemptive" Jedi.

But personally, in spite of the failures i sometimes make fun of, i think this is what makes Obi-Wan's character work, as in, he failed, and has to carry with that burden, becoming a hermit, and wait to kickstart the next generation when the time is right, he is the one carrying with the failure of the fall of the Jedi Order, in spite of that, however, he still held his values, dogmatic as they may be, so i think he is a good representation of what an incorruptible traditional Jedi looks like: not someone who is always perfect or always in control, but someone who mantains his loyality to the Jedi Code in spite of his personal flaws.

On the other hand, Corran sometimes irritates me when he's written badly (like in "i, Jedi" for example) and sometimes has too much author favoritism on his side from Stackpole, so Obi-Wan in general strikes me as a more inoffensive character, in spite of Corran's highs being more to my liking than Obi-Wan's.