main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Before - Legends CorSec notes from Rostek Horn DDC 2019

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    and more will follow
    and will they solve the case?

Entry 12

Yesterday I guided Steve home after his release from the hospital. With his right arm in a sling he isn’t allowed to drive a speeder.

Today I picked him up to go to CorSec headquarters. For me it was graduation-day.

Steve followed me inside and wanted to see the evidence of the Dorsetti case.

Jono and Nejaa came into the room when we were watching pictures of the holocrons.

Nejaa identified one of them as a genuine Jedi-holocron and hopes that the thieves don’t see the real value and will sell it again, making it possible for the Jedi-knights to retrieve the valuable holocron.

He took copies of the pictures.

I asked Nejaa if he was leaving again. He will stay for a while because he is seeing Scerra.

Nejaa told us all about Djon V’Ima, an orphan he had found on Corellia and brought to Coruscant.

Semendiger gave me the pips belonging to a CorSec officer and let me recite the vows. The words that were meaning the most to me were in the old Corellian language “Ihn Corellisi nyeve min bhiq suman ehin nyiad.” (A Corellian never turns his back on someone in need.)

Steve was the first to congratulate me.

Nejaa was next and he gave me a creditchip.

And Scerra kissed me.

Entry 13

Nejaa and Scerra are engaged.

Yes Nejaa is the one for Scerra. I am now convinced. Nejaa has asked me to be the best man and one of the witnesses.

Steve – my former mentor – is the other witness. And with Jono hearing about the marriage we are now planning a bachelor party.

Pete Berling – a Corellian Jedi and a CorSec officer – heard us and joined the discussion. He and his wife are living in Firwood near the Kirfleet marina. ‘My former master Tymo Donnan can arrange more if we like’ was what Pete said. ‘And he can make sure no Jedi are there. They often come to the Kirfleet marina for training on the lake.’

Firwood will be the main place for the party with the lake, wilderness and marina.

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great progress in #12 and delightful for Nejaa and Scerra in #13.

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    A row of very bright diary updates. Much needed and appreciated. And even more interesting names dropping. :D

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and very nice in the next entries
    More will come

Entry 14

Yesterday was the bachelor party and now I have to hurry to get to the town-hall. But I can record some in my diary.

Steve was of course all smiles when he saw that Nejaa played along with all that we had planned. ‘He has the Force Rostek’ was what Steve said to me when we were together trying to hide from Nejaa and Jack in a game of paintball on an island in the middle of Firwood-lake. That island had been our destination during a powerboat race. After the paintball game – won of course by Nejaa and his team – we headed back to the marina in Firwood and a big party.

Entry 15

Nejaa and Scerra married yesterday. Steve and I were the witnesses. It was after the big bachelor party a small ceremony with only the guys and girls from both bachelor parties present.

Nejaa is keeping the marriage a secret. But he is suspecting that Master Yoda knows.

I have to go.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful and sweet =D=

6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I wonder at times how much Master Yoda knows about everybody... [face_thinking][face_thinking][face_thinking]

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and now something ...
    a lot

Entry 16

Duty calls but first this.

I have been very busy and didn’t see my diary for weeks.

But I managed to visit the Raging Ronto and help Jerrod with his work for school. He turned 6 yesterday and I gave him drawing material and a box with a model-airspeeder. He asked me to help him with that model and I will. But I have first some investigations to do today.

Entry 17

The model-airspeeder is finished and Jerrod and his dad were very pleased with the results. Another who is very pleased is Hems Oilosse. He has finished his education in the Jedi-temple and was knighted a week ago. And being a Corellian Jedi he opted to return to Corellia and join CorSec as a field-agent. He was born on a farm near Cormond and will settle in that small town.

Nejaa told me that Hems will love Cormond because there is a large ale-factory.

‘And you know, we as Corellian Jedi often sneaked away from the Jedi-temple to visit a cantina where they had Corellian ale to offer.’

Nejaa and ale; he is the one who offered me the first bottle of ale and I like it.

Major Semendiger urged me to get studying again.

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 18

Today I guided Leod Irwihan to the spaceport. His parents were killed in a taxi colliding with a commuter train crash.

Five days ago I was called by Maura Grimes to come to her crime-scene.

One of the commuter trains had crashed with a taxi leading to seven people killed and twenty nine injured and admitted to various hospitals. The driver of the commuter train survived with two broken arms and a fractured left femur and was on his way to the hospital when I arrived. Maura – having her lunch in a cantina – was first on scene and called her team when she supported the driver and prevented him from going into shock. He told her that the taxi was taking a deliberate path to collide with his train. That had her securing the taxi and what was left of the passengers and driver to be brought to headquarters. ‘Examine the taxi and the remains’ Maura ordered me when one of our trucks arrived. I went back to headquarters and helped Lydia Kaplan to extricate the bodies. One was of the driver being the main suspect. His passengers were identified as Irin Irwihan and Leona Irwihan-El Hana visiting Coronet City and going to their son Leod for his graduation at Coronet City University.

Lydia was still busy with the driver and I decided to go to Leod to bring him the sad news. Entering his dorm I found a crying youth telling me that he knew that his parents were dead and that he was going to return to his home-planet Lingala.

‘Hmm not a Jedi but definitely a Force user,’ I thought. I helped Leod, was there when he graduated, comforted him during the ceremony for his parents and took him to the spaceport for his return to Lingala.

Lydia’s examination revealed that the taxi-driver had been using death-sticks to stay awake.

Leaving the office of Lydia I bumped into a green clad man with a lightsaber on his belt. He is Ker Gorulus and returned to Coronet city after being knighted. He has joined CorSec. Now he can marry his girlfriend Vera Bel Sanol. She is like her parents a Force sensitive. But she didn’t go to the Jedi because her parents didn’t want a Jedi in the house.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice progress on the case and happy Leod was helped.

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow, 2 updates. Time passes by so quickly when one is extremely busy.

Anyway, despite of the majority of Jedi gone, their teachings live on. Sometimes altered, true, but there is hope.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He is important. You will see
    With survivors. And I am busy too just like the diarist

Entry 19

My work has kept me extremely busy. But that wasn’t all. I was busy with study too and the teachers kept me busy when I was not on duty. I didn’t see my diary at all for almost 20 years.

My diary was lost and found. Yes today I found my diary hidden in a container with my study-material that I brought home yesterday after a visit to my parents.

Mom and dad have bought a nice house in the suburbs of Cor Sanol. Today it is sixteen years ago since I helped them moving. I have been there often but as always I took my study with me and was in the guestroom busy until dad or mom took me for a walk or whatever.

I have kept the large house.

Major Semendiger retired 11 years ago but he was there when I was promoted to Major. That was 8 years ago.

The CSI-team is now without Maura Grimes and Lydia Kaplan. They are retired. Jack Wells is teaching his replacement Reid Bernoski and will retire next month.

It’s funny that Corellian Jedi are finding each other and often getting married. Those working at CorSec are all known to me but I met also healers. One of them – Hanjo Tavar – is working at Coronet City General Hospital and has regular tours of duty at the Jedi-temple. His daughter Nynah is the wife of my dentist Yoran. And he has a Jedihealer as a granddad.

Another – Alco Bel Kais – is living in Cor Sanol and is a young healer who returned a few months ago for the first time since his education in the Jedi-temple. I met him when he was caring for dad who had sprained his ankle during a walk on the beach.

Jake – the son of Ker and Vera Gorulus – is now at the Jedi temple on Coruscant and the padawan of Jiri Lapiili.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lots of changes, with colleagues and friends retiring and meeting new Jedi and healers.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    nice news now

Entry 20

Steve is away investigating a case in Cormond. Hems Oilosse asked him to come. He took Ker Gorulus and Reid Bernoski with him. Reid hoped he could return before the party for Jack Wells. But he is still out.

Jack retired yesterday and we had a big party.

Nejaa came with Scerra. She is 44 but looking gorgeous and Nejaa too with 48. He asked me to become his partner. ‘A team with a Jedi is unbeatable,’ he said.

I agreed and asked him to celebrate this at the Raging Ronto. During our ride he said ‘only one drink. I have to buy pickled greens for Scerra. She is pregnant. Rostek, keep this a secret from all but Steve and the Corellian Jedi. You cannot hide anything from them.’

A young man congratulated us and introduced himself as Garm Bel Iblis. Nejaa left after his one drink. I stayed and had quite a discussion with Garm about politics. He is a student at Coronet University. I will help him.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice news with Nejaa and Scerra. :) Good encounter with Bel Iblis and the start of a fine partnership for Rostek & Steve.

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    And despite being busy like a bee you still manage to come up with such wonderful stuff, dear bird, and bring the story further into full bloom. :D

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes and more happens when Nejaa tells this

Entry 21

Steve was back today after delivering his present to Jack Wells. He had found a bee-hive with bees in Cormond and decided – with Reid – to bring that to Jack’s home. And with Jack living in a rural part near Coronet city I am sure that one day Jack will come with honey.

Steve had a big smile on his face when I told him that Nejaa is now my partner. I said ‘A team with a Jedi is unbeatable.’ Steve had of course a curious look on his face and I said ‘and keep this a secret, Nejaa and Scerra are expecting a baby.’

Steve will. He doesn’t approve of those rigid Jedi-rules at all. And for me it’s the same.

For me it’s more work in the coming months with Nejaa caring for Scerra. He asked me to take care of the supplies for the Jedi-training centre in Firwood. Pete Berling offered his help.

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D Great news with happy expecting.

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and

Entry 22

Work kept me busy and unable to record or write in my diary.

Valin Halcyon was born four months ago.

Three day old was Valin when I visited him, Nejaa and Scerra. And guess what? Steve came too.

Steve said to Nejaa and Scerra ‘he will be a CorSec agent and his son too.’

And I replied ‘Valin will have you as his teacher.’ But I don’t know why Steve had that dreamy look on his face when I said that.

Nejaa had orders to return to Coruscant when Valin was a week old. He wonders why Vokara Che, the master-healer, has ordered to build the new halls of healing with a capacity of more than 100 bacta-tanks and a big operating-theatre with 20 tables.

I am without a partner but quite busy with some cases. Jono Bel Hana helps me. And Steve helps too when he isn’t mentoring one of his students.

19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Despite Order 66 healing takes place and Force-sensitive babies are born.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful with Valin and the expansion of the healing facility on Coruscant @};-

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and that is a prelude to ...

Entry 23

Nejaa was quite upset when he returned to Corellia after a short visit to the Jedi-temple on Coruscant. One of his great friends – Jedimaster Qui-Gon Jinn – died on Naboo fighting an unknown menace. He told us that his Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi returned from Naboo with a little 9 year old boy following him. The young padawan is now a Jediknight and allowed to train that boy.

I had quite a discussion at the Raging Ronto today with Garm Bel Iblis. We don’t like the new chancellor. Palpatine is from Naboo. And it was just too convenient to have a crisis on Naboo and a vote of no confidence against Valorum. For us it was all a big set up for Palpatine to become the new chancellor.

‘Wait until I am the new Senator for Corellia. Palpatine’s days are counted.’ That’s what Garm said when he left.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Momentous events indeed, and Rostek is right to not like the new Chancellor :p

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006

Entry 24

I am again partnered with Jono Bel Hana. Nejaa came two days ago with the news that Valin came home from school unusually tired and showing bruises on his body.

Today Nejaa was devastated when he told us that Valin was diagnosed with leukaemia and had only a few weeks to live.

I volunteered to become a donor of stemcells.

Steve said to no one in particular “Valin is a survivor. Rostek is important.”

I have to leave now because I am going to the hospital for some tests.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, a serious diagnosis but a selfless gift from Rostek helps.

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    this will be very important for the Horns

Entry 25

Yesterday Valin celebrated his 7th birthday. He is fully recovered after spending more than three months in the hospital. I had to stay for three days in the hospital for the donation. I visited Valin almost a month after my donation. I had to suit up and wasn’t surprised when Steve came into the room after me. I gave Valin building-material for a starship and Steve had material to make a painting. That was used to make a new door-sign ‘enter and have fun.’ And fun we had when Valin was released. We took him to the Jedi-training-centre in Firwood where we had a big mud-fight. Nejaa made sure that no Jedi or padawans from the Jedi-temple were on a training mission.