main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Costume Contest at Celebration II

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Handyman, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Mirax!!!
    YEAH!!!!! *high fives ya!!!* Congradulations!!!! *does a happy dance for Mirax* See you were worried for nothin'!!!

Lotus!

2. queenseamstress

queenseamstress TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Jan 30, 2002
    Hey, anyone still have the email address you received your confirmation from? I sent mine out before Nos and Obi-Dawn-and have still not heard anything. If they don't have it-I need to send another out asap! You can email it to me at mom2raiandjas@lycos.com.
    Thanks a zillion!

3. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Thanks L. I have no intentions of winning, but I think this will be a total blast and will be fun to get to see everyone from the board and everyone's costumes up close.

4. queenseamstress

Jan 30, 2002
    Thanks for emailiing me Mirax-much obliged. Now maybe I can find out what the holdup is!
    Amy

5. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Congrats ALL!! (so far! - qs you WILL get in! Yes! I have so decreed! ;) )

Remember: PICTURES!!! You MUST post them!!

kreleia ^.^

6. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Ohdearohdearohdear....

I didn't get our entry off until Tuesday.....<bites nails>

Well, even if we can't do the contest, we can participate in the parade, right?

7. queenseamstress

Jan 30, 2002
    Kreleia, your decree must've done some good-I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (jumps around like an idiot)
    Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Mirax:
    Yeah, for me this is just a exciting opportunity to be able to meet up with all of you and have the experiance of being part of StarWars fandom! It's just rockin' to be able to be part of it!I'm so excited!

Lotus!

9. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    I am so excited for you guys! I wish everyone luck in the contest! [face_clown]

I am jealous of you all....I just got married in December, so top priority on our list of things to pay for is wedding debt and school loans, NOT tickets to CII and gas money, souveniers, food, hotels, etc.

Money sucks! :eek:(

10. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Mrs.:
    I'll share my pictures with you, Hon. I'm already making sure those who can't go will at least be able to see what was there. I KNOW it's not as good as going, but at least you'll be able to see what we saw.

Is there anything in particular you interested in seeing? Or a favorite character I could try and get a autograph from?

Don't envy us, Hon, you got your speical day with you husband in December. I was supposed to get married on Febuary 2, but with my fiance being laid off January 21 (4 days before my birthday)we had to decide to postpone indefinately for now.
    So it's me that envies you..= )

11. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Well, think of it this way: You have more time left to plan plan plan the wedding! I know, having only just been there myself, how much planning that requires, so use that as your silver lining! [face_clown]

As far as CII, the ironic thing is that my husband is actually the SW fanatic, not me! But I started getting into costuming and stuff and now I am pumped for EPII (after all, it IS a love story...) and I'M the one who really wants to go to CII, not him.

Hey, everyone needs a vacation!

12. jedi_blynnj

jedi_blynnj Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    Can someone e-mail me the e-mail address too? I sent mine in on that Monday and still have not heard anything! I would like toe e-mail them and see what the hold up is.

13. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Mrs:
    Exactly that's how I feel! I'm hoping to have some folks from around come crash our wedding. Orginally we were hoping to have a Edwardian wedding, but now we're gearing for a Star Wars Themed wedding..= ) So I think it would rock to have everyone show up for it. My fiance is a Darkside guy and I'm a light side gal, so we'd have to sit the wedding parties accordingly. *chuckles*

Lotus!

14. queenseamstress

Jan 30, 2002
    Lotus-if you live in a driveble distance-I know a lot of us Star Wars fans who would be more than happy to crash your wedding in full costume! We had a rennaisance medeival wedding-but after the service we walked out of the chapel to "the Throne Room" song from A New Hope. Everyone loved it.
    Jedi-Blynne-I hope you get the address and can see if you got in or not!
    Everyone else-good luck in the contest-it will be great being on stage with so many new friends. I do not even care to win-I will be proud to strut my stuff up there with all of you talented people.

15. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Yay! qs got in!

*does a happy dance*

I don't care about winning either, I just want to be a part of it! It's going to be so fun!

16. Master_MayimNaar

Master_MayimNaar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2001
    Our wedding was just a normal candlelight service, but we entered the reception to the Star Wars Main Theme! That was my surprise to my husband, since he's so into SW. It was great!

17. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    Hmmmmm... do we need to start a "Star Wars Wedding Stories" thread?

-sg

18. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    YAY QS!!! WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Congrats, congrats, congrats!!! See, my decrees *DO* get noticed sometimes. [face_laugh] I'm not Queen of the Universe for nothin'... ;) **laugh**

kreleia ^.^

19. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Queen:
    I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio. *grins* And I would be honored....if you would join us...for our wedding when it comes.

*grins*

Lotus!

20. queenseamstress

Jan 30, 2002
    Hey Lotus-we are from Indiana-we could probably crash it no problem-if your New Hope Leia gown turns out great you should wear it!
    Hey-does anyone know if anyone has the burgandy velvet handmaiden cloaks that is going to Celebration II? It would be great to have my handmaidens waiting for me by the stage at the costume contest. ;)

21. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    It is one of the costume's in the works for me, but I am probably going in one of the other entries and in another costume. However, there will be a number of us there in various costumes from the RHS, so chances are pretty good of finding someone in it!

22. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Queenseams:
    That's what I thought too. I'm doing it all out of silk, so I figure I could save it for when we got married. It's such a beautiful dress.
    And I would be honored if you would come crash our wedding. Now as to when it'll be who knows..= ) That's be the hard part. But I don't forsee myself disapearing from these boards, I'm having way too much fun!

Lotus!

23. jedi_blynnj

Feb 5, 2002
    Oops! My post did not have my e-mail address in it, so I will ask again, with an e-mail attached.

Does anyone have the e-mail address still from their conformation letters? I sent mine out that first Monday and still have not heard! Please e-mail it to me:
    B_Lynn20@hotmail.com
    or PM me. Please!! I'm really starting to worry!

24. jedi_blynnj

Feb 5, 2002
    Thank you, Mirax H and queenseamstress! Hopefully now I can see what the hold-up is!

25. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Hi All,

I'm getting nervous, too. I sent my app out last Monday but haven't heard anything yet. Your prayers and good thoughts would be appreciated! I don't want to miss this!

Regards,
    M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.