main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 SWC22 Costume/cosplay thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Jun 8, 2018.

1. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    What are they made of? I'm very sorry, I fell asleep watching Solo and woke up barely seeing Enfys Nest. I'll have to watch it again. But... was this fan very expensive? not asking the price, but, if you are doing a very difficult outfit and it's looking good. do you think it would be worth getting another set made? the "ohhhs and Ahhs" from fellow fans and if you are entering the costume contest, audience applause, it will be worth the price. Think about this... years from now, when you are old, or at the (if Star Wars last that long) the 50th Anniversary of Star Wars, you can wear it again and it will be worth every cent well spent. a one time deal.

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I haven't given up, the costume will not have the WOW factor I had planned for, it will be an unfinished costume. Since I am a costumer and cosplayer there are other events that I can go to and wear it, but it wouldn't have been as fun as debuting it at Celebration.

I also don't want to spend money on replacing something that hasn't been lost. Fedex has my package, it's just that they can't deliver it. If I haven't arrived it before the paypal due date for reclaiming money, then I will reclaim the money and see if I can get someone else to make them for me.

3. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    The fan detail looks almost like metal, I do hope you can get the package. I just saw the details and instructions for lines, no packages, bags etc. while your waiting in a sardine packed line? no sitting, no space between people, stand at attention until you get in! UGH, I will call both Reed and McCormick to see if Reed took the Cele.4 storage idea seriously, otherwise, where is everyone supposed to keep their belonging while entering the arena? A small coat check will not do it!

4. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Paint job almost done.
    [​IMG]

5. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    That's really a god looking helmet. I love to see what people come up with when they paint their helmets. Are you going to weather it or keep it factory fresh?

And I have an update on my package. It's started to move. It's still on the wrong side of the Atlantic, so I'm sceptical that it will make it across the Atlantic, through the Swedish customs (which is slow and unreliable) and to my home in two weeks, but at least I have a glimmer of hope that they will arrive.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Did anyone say why it was held up?

7. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Love the helmet!

8. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I haven't heard anything about why it was held up.

darthvader88 likes this.
  9. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Thanks! I'll weather it. I was going back and forth with the idea at first, but then I messed up spray painting a bit, and it'll be a lot less hassle to cover it up with weathering than fixing it otherwise.

Hope the customs don't make a fuss and that your helmet arrives before Celebration!

10. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    It's not the helmet, but the arm shields she's wearing. I'm seriously starting to think that the whole Enfys Nest project is cursed or something. I had ordered the poles that I'm going to use for the electrostaff, today I went to collect the package, and I can see straight away that it doesn't contain anything long and thin. When I opened it, instead of poles they had packaded a can of paint, that I hadnt ordered. I have of course contacted customer support, but they aren't open until Monday.

11. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Where did you order your things from? they seem to have a comprehension problem! Yes, that is a fine job on that helmet!

12. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I've ordered from different places, which is why I think there is some higher power working against my Enfys Nest project. The latest was from a big and reputable Swedish company for crafting supplies.

darthvader88 likes this.
  13. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Sorry @Obi Anne, sounds like the powers are conspiring against you!

14. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Obi-Ann, I finally have seen Enfys Nest costume! good grief it's complicated! Do you have a mechanism that makes the fans open and close? I do hope you can get your outfit together in time, if you do, your super woman! what an outfit.

15. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    The fans should be able to open and close, but not automatically.

16. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    The only two cosplays I’ve done were at 2010 and 2012’s Orlando Celebrations, where I dressed up as Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop. This year I’ll return to cosplaying at SWCC dressed as another non-GFFA character: Officer K from Blade Runner 2049.

BTW, if anyone is arriving on the 9th and looking to save on hotel room costs, please let me know. My Air BnB reservation recently got canceled and now I can’t find anything affordable fort he 9th to the 10th. I’ve got a place for the other nights.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  17. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Done! 3rd time the charm! I wasted a lot of material, but at least it's cheap fake leather. My sewing skills are in their infancy, and turns out there are no do-overs with leather-like materials. But hopefully this will do, I'll send Doc Aphra for approval tonight or tomorrow.

[​IMG]

18. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
  19. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I recognize it so much.

Yesterday I felt that I only have a lot of unfinished pieces, but I dressed up in all the soft parts that I have finished and it doesn't look too bad. I think I will be able to finish it all in a decent way, but I will have work to do to get it really good when I get home.

20. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    It's great that you'll be able to finish it properly!

The meme is on point. I'm trying to fix all the costumes I wanted but it may have been an overly ambitious plan. The large front buckle for Jaina Jedi belt ordered in late February (from China) has been sitting in Long Beach for 2 weeks now, due to customs. UPS can't deliver until it is cleared, but they are not sure what is causing the delay delay. It's just a small padded envelope... I can use something else, but that particular buckle is perfect.

The flight suit I commissioned (to fit RL standards) should have been finished mid-March, but it'll be mailed tomorrow. Hopefully should arrive in time. I lost hope for approval before the con, now I'm just hoping to be able to join Running of the Hoods without using the old, ill-fitting suit.

ChrisLyne and Padme501st like this.
  21. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Enfys Nest is finished enough that I can bring her to Chicago!

[​IMG]

22. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Looks like a fine job you've done! I will look forward to seeing you!

ChrisLyne likes this.
  23. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
  24. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Looks awesome! This loose interpretation of Amidala’s headpiece is driving me insane! Lol

25. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    This is going to be relevant to Jedi cosplayers; someone posted an answer from ReedPop about using ultrasabers, and apparently they are not permitted inside McCormick.

[​IMG]