main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

COSTUME/OTHER IDEAS FOR CELEBRATION III.........

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by kitarusapien, Jan 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Twi-leks, Jedi & Gungans, oh my!!!!! What are ya'll gonna go as? Let's hear all about them.....it's never too early to talk this one up!

2. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    one day I'm going to be Jacen Solo for the NJO Striketeam we're setting up on the C&P board. If you want more info, check on that thread.

I'm also planning on getting together my Endor Trooper costume, a TIE pilot costume, and an X-Wing pilot costume.

Terry: you mentioned that you thought you could do the x-wing helmet yourself, any thoughts on that? The only thing I want to make sure is that I can put some dragon decals on there. I have some lined up that I found on the net that looked pretty sweet :D

If not I'll probably just get a don post x-wing helmet starting out and save up for one of Richie's or something.

Jen: any word from doc on the bedpans?

the TIE pilot should be pretty easy. Just need to get a black flight suit & the don post TIE helmet and the rest I can do from scraps and pieces.

ARGH...celebration is only 3 days isn't it...hrm...maybe I'll wear 2 costumes one day, lol! :D

3. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    JD, just get a surplus naval aviator's helmet including visor/housing, and I'll tell you how to mod it.....I worked on them for twelve years.....FLOL!!!!

4. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Tie pilot for me.

5. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Endor Trooper Mountain Commando Unit is what a few of the RMFFers are doing one day (along w/ the Desert Commando Unit from Phoenix :D ), of course I'll have my Depa outfit and I am hoping to have my Imp Officer getup done by then. That covers, Imp, Rebel, OT, PT and EU (there were no women officers in the OT :p & also my Depa is the Comic Book version).

My Endor Trooper is nearly done :eek: I have the pants, poncho, belt, boots and a pattern for the cloth flight helmet part of the helmet, Doc and I are meeting this weekend to go over the bedpan stuff and I have already figured out the camo jacket piece and I'm looking for a pattern for the short sleeve over-shirt. After that it's just a matter of dressing the costume (little chotchkies to make it look real) and getting a blaster made.

6. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    i am going to get soem jedi stuff doen by then 9i got a few years thankfully). i am also going to be tesar sebantyne from the NJO strike team. i may try a thrid costume, but i am not sure.

7. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Mac-Next meeting ask me about your Tesar costume. I had an epiphany about your tail :D

8. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    ok. that is great. i only have had tiem to try and think about what his face should look like.

does anyone have a pic of a barabel?

9. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Here's a good description though:

Barabel
    this bipedal race of reptiloids is covered in black scales much like fingernails. Known for their hunting and tracking abilities, Barabels have heavy claws and sharp, needle-like teeth. They are a communal race, with separate groups dominated by a pack leader. Their aggression is well-known, but they are also extremely loyal to their mates and parents. They are especially fond of fighting with their nearby neighbors, the Verpine, and often captured Verpine and gave their body parts to the Kubaz. Being a moral race by nature, they have a deep respect for the Jedi Knights.

I have some ideas on the scales too! :D

And, I've been thinking that if things go well w/ my rehab, I might try doing Nomi Sunrider again. Right sleeveless is a little frightening :eek: [face_blush]

10. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    wow zoo thanks! and with all your thoughts about barabels, ever thought of doing a barabel costume?

11. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I get too hot in Jedi Robes, so adding a mask and lots of extra parts, . . . Nahhhhhh. I overheat really easy, and with my condition now, I don't want to make it worse. Chalactan is as far alien as I can go :D

12. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Let's see, Jedi, of course, and Mountain Trooper, I'm starting work on an X-wing Pilot and may do a TIE pilot as well. I am also thinking about joining a bunch from the RL who are doing the Rouges and Wraiths.

JD-I do have a set of instructions on how to modify a flight helmet into a Rebel helmet, but it needs a APH-6B flight helmet as a base and I am having a heck of a time finding any.

I do know that ritches does them for a reasonable cost.

13. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Re: Barabels;
    I always thought they would look like trandoshans, but with flatter faces.
    Anybody have a Bossk mask to start from?
    Just a thought.

14. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Barabels - More reptilian and less Dino. I've seen an artistic rendition of them, but I haven't had time to look for it again yet. Maybe this weekend I'll come across it.

15. Jedi_Guy16

Jedi_Guy16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    I agree with AHPR on barabels. Like trandoshans, but darker and with flatter faces. And if I do go to C3, I should finally have my jedi costume done, and I'd like to go as a clonetrooper (if its at all possible).

16. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Costumes for me:

Imperial Officer/Ice heart
    Tie Pilot
    Yarna D'gal (I'm still questioning this one)
    Zam Wessel
    Sith Witch
    Mountain Trooper

Those are ones that I am planning to wear and such. As much as I love the Amidala costumes, I think those will only be made for other people and not myself.

And then I would love to do a Twi'leck. :D It sounds like loads of fun, I just need to work on those abs a bit.

17. Jedi_Guy16

Nov 28, 2001
    JGOC, your gonna do 2 costumes per day?!?

18. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
  19. SITHOVERLORD-DOC

SITHOVERLORD-DOC Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2002
    Ok so I do admit I love to see this kind of planning but there is a local con in April and we could use that as a dead line to get some of these done.

As Zoo mentioned we are meeting this weekend to work on the rebel bedpan er um I mean mountain trooper helmet.

I should have both a snow trooper and Dengar ready buy then not to mention the Orc I am finishing now.

So what can we do for this closer con costume wise

20. Jedi_Guy16

Nov 28, 2001
    DOC, are you talking about Starfest?

21. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I can have a costume to display (hopefully, or maybe even one for someone to model).

Personally, I will try to come in my Iceheart costume, which means I'm going to have to start looking for a better way to get my hair like hers. The dye I used was fine for what I used last time, but I need to put more effort into it I think.

And I'm not sure what else I will be dressed as. Depends on what fate throws my way. I think I'll pass on the Jedi this year. I feel the need to be evil [face_devil]

22. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    For StarCon (or whatever the hell they finally decide to call it this year), I will have my Depa costume and I hope to have finished my Mountain Commando as well :D

It will definately be done for DCon04

23. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I've been toying with the idea of a smuggler costume. It seems pretty easy, and I wouldn't have to wear a mask or a helmet, so I'd stay nice and cool. Plus, I already have several (slightly) modified blasters so it just seems natural.

24. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    And lots of black clothes ;)

I have some ideas on holsters and stuff, if you're serious.

25. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Yeah, we need a smuggler or two around. :D

I'm hoping to have my pilot rig done by Starcon, except maybe the helmet. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.