main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

COSTUME/OTHER IDEAS FOR CELEBRATION III.........

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by kitarusapien, Jan 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I've started ... in the sense that I've started thinking about working on pre-planning stuff. [face_plain] What this means is that I'm finalizing my list of costumes, sitting down with other people to find out what they want me to make for them, researching and buying patterns, and starting to keep an eye out for discounted material.

Does anyone know of any unitard patterns? I know they're rather 80s and all that, but I was surprised when I couldn't find any patterns for one the other day.

2. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'll look through "The Box" this week and see if there is anything like that in there

3. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    T...One of my friends did the Black Cat from Spider-man. She had a really hard time finding a unitard pattern, but she finally found one. I'll ask where she got it.

4. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Zoom - that would be great, thanks!

5. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    All right. So I was planning on doing one of Paddie's blue Tatooine outfits (right now it's looking like the lighter, midriffy one), and a new preggie Paddie. The nighties look like the easiest/cheapest options, but I'm intrigued by the Leia hairdo. Trouble is, there's no pics of that costume, just the hair. [face_plain] So I don't know, anyone have any suggestions?

That leaves me two days to be costume-less. Unless someone wants me to model one of theirs for future selling on EBAY or somesuch. ;)

*SB*

6. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'll dig around and see if I can find some pix of the Leia-Do Costume

7. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Yeah, there doesn't seem to be any decent pictures of the Leia Buns costume, just a blurred one from a distance that may or may not be the same costume. The padawansguide did have this speculation, though: "More speculation on the Homing Beacon costume - Olivia says, "I got to looking though the padme E3 costume pics and read they newsletter we got yesterday and I think it might be the dress worn with the 'leia buns'. Because in the pics, it looks like a pillar in the background and that's what Trisha was trying to make her blend into and since there are so few shots of the costume, who knows what color it could be?" It's a good point - and I think some folks on the JC Boards are speculating the same thing as well. :)"

edit: noted the source that I was quoting... that's what I get for posting and editting while distracted!

8. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
  9. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Thanks, that's a great help! I think view A is what I'm looking for.

10. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Ooo! While working on Tusken stuff last night, I found a couple references to "Hoar" -- the Tusken in "Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi" for the old skool Playstation. I might have more of a surprise for people under my robe than usual... ;)

11. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Also, I should ask...

Since it's less than 3 months away, how far are people on their costumes???

I mean, I was looking at all the projects I've gotten myself into and getting rough estimates from here and there as far as what it's going to cost to finish everything, and I think there might be some problems in the very near future.

Tuskens are still a GO as they'll be the most uber-cost efficient costumes now that I've got them figured out (maybe have a Tusken-based Sweatshop?), but the other things -- armor, rancor -- with the C3/Starfest expenses rolling in soon, I think the cost factor is going to sneak up and bite everyone on the arse.

But that's just me being the harbinger of DOOM...

12. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    If you wanna be a hoar, that's your prerogative, but just keep it under your robe, ok.

13. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    It'll only be available for private viewings, and for large amounts of cash monies.

Or, a helicopter ride with Carrie Fisher.

14. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    My self, I am just finishing up my Jedi costume for C3. I am only doing two costume Fett and a Jedi. It think that will be good enough. I will also be in costume as a normal Star Wars fan at C3.

That costume will consist of a Backpack(Black), Jeans(Dark Blue), Star Wars T Shirt(Episode 3, or Boba Fett) and regular tennis shoes.

That will be the hardest costume to get done in time, I hope I can get it done. :(:(

15. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Yeah, I know. I had to special order my last pair of jeans from a prop maker whose name I can't mention here on the boards. It took 4 weeks for them to come in because the guy was backlogged on projects.

16. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    Thats my costume to,jeans,shirt,shoes.

17. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Since it's less than 3 months away, how far are people on their costumes???

:_| :_|

I am so not far! I haven't even crossed the start line on some of them, it's that not far. That cloak I made for my sister just ate up so much time, and then I got unmotivated for a while and didn't get anything done.

new Jedi Robes: bought robe material, still need pants and cloak material; am looking into alternate robe patterns. In other words - nothing done yet!

Jaina Solo: This should be such the easy costume. I just need to figure out if I can dye the material I have. Otherwise, new material would have to be awfully cheap to make it worth it to me to still do the costume. But yeah... nothing concrete done yet.

Bastila: Zilch done. ummm... Zoom found a possible bodysuit pattern? I'd like to be able to do it, but this one may get canceled.

Ceremony Leia: this was planned for the RotS line, but it's the one that I have the most work done on so far. If it turns out to be one of the only things I have done by mid-April, I guess I'll bring it to CIII? So far, underdress mockup.

Picnic Padme (for sister): Research and some fabric bought. Errr... [face_worried]

Writing up the list makes things look even worse than they were just in my head. I am so doomed. Zoom, I may outshine you in the messanger of doom position! It's going to take a miracle... [face_praying]

So, on my list for things to do right next:

-cut out pattern for Picnic Dress, start on mock-up
    -finish altering Leia dress, add zipper
    -get duct tape dress form made
    -buy dye, test Jaina fabric

18. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001

And you with that wise sig line.....SSSSHHHAAMMMEEEEE! FLOL!

19. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001

Even though I started on my CIII project 2 years ago, I'm still having a hellova time finishin' it on schedule....FLOL!

I can hear my plane now.......

"Well, at least you're in one piece, LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO ME!!!!"

20. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    T...The bodysuit pattern??? The post I made a few posts above yours has the link. :eek: Scroll up. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.