main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Costume Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Welshguy, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    Ah nice boots (are they from Peacocks by any chance?) and the scar is easy, just get some liqued latex (from modellers shops) and paint a line down the face. When its dry add the colours (use a lip liner pencil in plummy pink as this will give the scar colour.

2. MASTER-SITH

MASTER-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    i would love to see that costume looks kool film is abit had to follow at 1st but it is a must see

3. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Your instincts serve you well Sakara. I bought them today from Peacocks down Talbot Green way. I looked like a madman walking into the shop on account of the high wind and rain and my longish hair. [face_worried]

The words bush, dragged and backwards spring to mind.

I'll try and get some better pics tomorrow when it's light. They are dark brown in colour, though you can also buy black if that's the colour costume your going for. I've also figured out that it helps if you wear a pair of jeans under the tracksuit bottoms as it makes the material look thicker and gives it more shape.

Stuey: Frank the rabbit.... Coolest costume EVER!

Stuey: "I made a new costume today.."
    Welshguy: "Real or imaginary?"
    Stuey: "Imaginary."

8-}

Serously dude, I can't wait to see that one.

Ok then, all I gotta sort now is the under tunic and i'll be sorted!

By the way Stuey, how are you making the mask?

4. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002

5. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, i've taken some more pics now it's a bit lighter.

You should be able to make out a lot more detail from the boots.

Hope you like

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Welshguy/boots4.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Welshguy/boots5.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Welshguy/boots7.jpg]

All good tips on the scar thing by the way. Thanks for that.

Any input on how I could make my boots a little more Jedi looking?

6. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Welshy, nice boots.

Now you want to make them look more like Ani's boots? Is that what your asking?

7. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Yep, that is what i'm asking.

Any suggestions.

8. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    well Ani's boots have spats that go over the front of the boots. they could be made from synth leather thats backed with some card for quickness.

copy and paste these links as it shows them really well
    http://www.padawansguide.com/c3/a13_med.jpg
    http://www.padawansguide.com/c3/a14_med.jpg

9. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Lol i know they were from there as ive bought a pair myself. They maybe womens boots but they come in large sizes and theyre really a unisex style. Ive bought a pair for my jedi costume, till i can afford to get a proper leather pair as theyre just synth leather, but theyll do fine for now!

10. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    My feelings exactly. I didn't know you even had a Jedi costume? You got any pics of that one?

I'll have a go at making those spats (don't like that word o_O )soon. Maybe i'll just make mini spats for the bottom of the boot. Just to break up the upper foot section maybe.

11. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    havent got a pic yet....still in progress.
    But will put them in my gallery as soon as there done

Spats isnt the nicest word, but thats what they are, leather panels that go over the front of a boot to protect it.Its easy enough to do...a wide strip of synth leather, wide enough to go around the front half of the boot (you could sew the seams in or draw them in for quickness) and attach using straps around the top and bottom of the boot using velcro.

12. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Sorry about lack of activity recently, but i'm (like most of you probably) currently working on getting everything ready for the big weekend Halloween party.

To complicate matters i've lost the cumberbund thing on my friends Obi-Wan costume, so I got to make another.

How is everyone elses preperations going?

13. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    painted the mask today, blue base coat and silver nail polish on top

Anyone know if Frank has a tail? im agonising over it

14. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I'd say no.

I think it might spoil the effect somewhat if you were to have Frank with a big white Playboy bunny style fluffy tail.

Or if you are going to have one, make it small and black or something.

So, any pictures of this costume yet?

I'm dying to see it.

15. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    I'll put the second coat on the mask tomorrow, then i've got to put a zip in the back and that's about it. if i get it finished tomorrow there will be photos aplenty

16. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Quick update:

Nihilus made his first public appearence at a local shopping mall last night. More people knew who I was than I thought would. I also gave the guys in the gaming store a good laugh when I walked in asking how sales were for "my game". [face_laugh]

Pics will be posted by Wednesday.

17. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    I've only got 2 pics of my Frank costume at the moment (more tomorrow), this is the best one

sorry if it's a bit dark, crap webcam + cardiff weather + really shiny thing = poor quality

[image=http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/simsstuart/Picture6.jpg]

18. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Ok, adding to the Ani makeup question here, also when you do the scar, it's actually about three colors of pink, red, maroone lip liner pencil to make it more realistic. You also want to do a small "cut" down middle of the latex so you have that actually "ow..I got hurt" look! :)

Then..do you want to do the "Gods, I'm dashing...Anakin look? Or the "I've just gone to the Darkside and I'm gonna get my butt kicked on Mustafar ... look" For the Mustafar Look, be sure and darken the areas around your eyes and really wet/gel down your hair to get that properly sweaty, slimy, darkside "loser" look! [face_laugh]

Hey, I help anyway I can! :D

19. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Oh yeah.. when we made the Ani boots...we actually sewed strips of soft leather for the spats, then you have the straps that go around the tops. We may still have the patterns, not sure.

Also, when you put the latex on.. make sure the skin is clean, dry and if possible wiped down with a bit of alcohol and then that TOTALLY dried before you apply it. Medical Adhesieve also works great for the scar (used to use that for the chin scar when I portrayed Han). Too tired to remember right now.. but does Ani's scar go through his eyebrow? (see what happens when you are awake for almost 24 hours)... if so, be prepared to lose that small section of brow. Instant laytex "waxing". Dang, if I had a pic of you, then I could tell you more regarding the makeup... depends upon how "Haydenish" (is that a word? Well it is now>) you want to look.

20. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yes, yes, to Kim you listen. She's the expert when it comes to putting on makeup and such for costumes... *mumbles about darn bearded women...*

21. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Well as much as I appreciated all the advice, it turns out that I forgot about the scar until we were heading out the door. So I ended up grabing a makeup pencil and just running it over my eyebrow.

It still didn't look to bad, but would have been a lot better if all my attention hadn't been taken up fighting with lightsabers....

Hey, your dressed as a Jedi, you do what Jedi do!

But should I ever need to get dressed up again in the future, i'll know where to come!

So did you guys do anything for Halloween?

22. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    yer. i went to sunny iceland :D
    that was fun

23. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    The country or the shop?

24. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Ok Ok..as soon as I figure out the whole "Photobucket" thing and how to post pics on line...I'll get some of me as Kenobi... :)

And, Welshguy..FINALLY found pics of you as Ani, and your mates as Darth Maul and Kenobi/Jedi. Looked great!!!!! [face_laugh] (Plus now a face to put to the name!)

:D

25. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Glad you liked my pics!

Can't wait to see some of you as Kenobi.

But I bet in a fight, I bet I could take you with my Anakin impression. ;)

If you want some info on how to post pics with photobucket, send me a PM and i'll be happy to walk you through it.

I didn't have a clue myself, but as soon as I figured it out it's a piece of cake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.