main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Costume Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Welshguy, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    So Welshguy, any plans to wear your costume again to a con in the near future? It would be a shame if your Ani cosutme was a one time thing.

2. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Well this is the third time i've worn it to a party. It usually pops out once every year. No sniggering please...

Every time I get the costume out, I made some changes to it and upgrade it. But I think i've pretty much reached the limit to what I can do with it now. I have the boots, glove, robe etc done, so I don't know what else I could do to improve it?

I'm not really a con person to be honest. I just know that if I ever did attend one, I would spend hundreds and be in debt for a very long time.

I'm getting a bit old now to go to Halloween parties, so I guess its going to have to be a very good reason for me to wear the costume again, but never say never.

Stuey: So how about some pics of Frank then? I've been waiting for ages to see these.

3. Lord_IceMan

Lord_IceMan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    hi people, im new here and was wondering whether you guys could help me out.

obviously im in wales but who in wales makes jedi suits. i would love one like anakins or maybe a darth nahilus from kotor2

i just really want to get a costume. i got a saber, forcefx one real nice

4. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    When you say Jedi suit, do you mean just a generic Jedi, or do you have a specific one in mind?

Did you see the pics of my Anakin costume? What did you think of it? Though to be honest, they are not very good pics, so it doesn't really come across very well.

5. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    yeh i would like something along the lines of a normal jedi suit. but i dont like the colours. i ould prefer if i could have one similar to anakins, and my robe should be black.

6. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

You mean Darth Nihilus right?

Take a look here: Nihilus

7. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Oh-oh!

Now you've got her started on Nihlius, you'll never hear the end of it! ;)

Just make sure she doesn't destroy your planet. That can put a real dampner on your day.

:)

8. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
  9. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    where did u get that from? that looks bloooooooooming marvelous....

amazing, hey u guys are amazingly polite, like all other welsh peeps lol

10. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Yes, you'll find we are a friendly bunch around here.

Not like those smelly Midlanders!

Beware them and their comedy accents.

I belive Maleficant acquired the mask from a guy who makes and sells them on Ebay. He also does a really good Darth Raven mask.

The rest of the costume is Maleficant's own hard work.

What I particularly like about it is how well the face under the mask has been blacked out, just like it is in the game.

It kind of spoils the illusion somewhat if you have a big white nose poking out, as I have seen with other Nihlius costumes.

11. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    okay ive done that and will wait for the reply....

12. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    great news i did a search on star wars costumes, and i have found anakins costumes just exactly the same as the one which welshguy has, and a jedi robe comes with it.

so now i will order that, and i will recieve it 3 days time as and when i order.

13. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

Thank god I'm not a Midlander, just a lost Yankee. [face_laugh]

Thank you for the kind words on the costume. The mask is made by a gentleman in the states and they are sold on Ebay. He also now makes a complete Darth Revan costume as well. All his work is wonderful.

How I hid my face? Easy, they make masks that black-out your face from view. I use another one for my Jawa costume.

Where are you buying that jedi costume from anyway?

14. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    i wont be any more, they dont hvae it in stock. can some send me a few links to good sites.

where did u guys get your costumes from

15. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I bought mine as a standard Rubies on a few years back. But I have made many, many special modifications to it, so the only thing that is original now is pretty much the sleves.

If your after something cheap and cheerful, it should be a piece of cake to find something by Rubies on Ebay, then do as I did and spent a bit of time upgrading it.

But if you want to splash the cash, then there are many Ebay sellers that sell more upmarket and expensive costumes. But they are a little overpriced for my taste.

Failing that, you could always find a good seemstress and get her (or him) to make it for you for a responanle price.

16. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    im lost. i just checked on ebay and they are all for 7/11 years olds....

i cant fit one of them. ah man this is harder than i thought. i spotted one real good looking one book the trousers are far too tight.

17. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I'm afriad there's no easy way around it. Just dig through all the rubbish and you'll eventually find what your looking for.

What about something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Jedi-Tunic-Star-Wars-Costume-Props-ROTS_W0QQitemZ7561886956QQcategoryZ18834QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

18. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    sorta yeh, but that is about to go and i dont have any money in my bank to make a bid

thanks for the help, can you keep me up to date if spot any that price again

19. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    im getting one which i just found, its not bad.

same top half as welshboy.

i just need: 1 gauntlet.
    1 pair of boots
    1 robe(like welshboys)

20. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Do you have a link to it?

And its Guy........ Not boy. ;)

I didn't get to where I am today by going by the name Welshboy.

:p

21. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

[face_laugh]

22. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005

[image=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/Lord-Wiz/Internet%20Stuff/orly.jpg]

:p

that seller on ebay (not too sure if this constitutes advertising or not) that you linked to above welshdude, has costumes on all the time. shipping is a bit steep though (but it does come from singapore. try looking on here :)

23. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    the prices are steep but when i get the money i know where im going thanks for that

24. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Maleficant and Lord_Wiz: Behave you two!

Don't make me send you to the naughty corner. ;)

LordIcaeMan: So are you still on school/Uni or in work now?

25. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    work in hmv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.