main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Costume Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Welshguy, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Looks like the official Rubies one. darkinhere was wearing one at Signatopia, it's not bad for a Rubies effort.

2. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    It is the Rubies one. I got it off Ebay for £10. However, it's a bit big for me, so unless you got hands like shovels, I suggest getting the smaller (childs) version. The large (adult) version is way too big and you'll have trouble keeping it in place.

I may sell this one and put the money towards a smaller one.

3. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    i'll but it off you. £15 ok?

4. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Opps. Rebel thought I wanted tenner for the entire Anakin costume.

:p

The stitching is worth that much!

5. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    yeah, well the pic was a bit misleading.
    i think when i make an anaking costume ill buy a glove on ebay

6. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I've made my own Anakin costume and it's bloody hard work. I wouldn't even begin to think about doing that if I were you unless you got your own sowing machine, lots of material, lots of patiencs and the proper patterns for the costume.

The patience bit is the most important. It took me months to make the robe, tunic, tabbabs, belt, etc.

The only thing I bought was the glove, as its pretty impossible to make one yourself.

7. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    i've got all those except the pattern.
    months :eek:. it took me just under half a days worth to make nearly the who of Izzy's costume minus hood for the cloak and we bought a belt.
    But then again anakins is leather isnt it?

8. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Yeah, but to save quite a few quid, I used leatherette. It's pretty much identical and hangs nicer in my opinion.

I said months, but you have to remember that i'm increadibly lazy.

So for a normal person, your probably looking at manybe a week or two.

9. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    They used napa leather for Anakins tabards for closeup work (like with burn marks) but for action stuff they used fabric backed fine leatherette.

The glove is good if you cant make one and dont want to spend a fortune on having one made. Rubies isnt the best quality but is useful if your on a budget.

10. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    How do you know all this stuff???

:p

Well seeing as i'm only going to be using the glove for Halloween (and possibly one or two other parties), it doesn't seem worth having one made special.

So i'm just going to stick with the Rubies one and be done with it. I would make it myself, but a glove isn't quite as easy as making tabbards or a tunic, its a lot more work involved, and I don't think I can go through all that again just for a glove.

I've finally decided to go as Anakin for Halloween this year. It was a close run thing between Indy and Ani, but in the end the fact that I didn't have to wear a hat all night swung it for the Jedi.

Look like my FFUK Halloween party idea has died a death. With all the London bigwigs seemingly MIA, its a bit late to organise something now.

But I got a back up invitation to a mates girlfriends Halloween/Birthday party in Bedford, so it's not all bad.

What is everyone else doing for Halloween?

Come on Sakara, your bound to have something BIG planned?

11. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Big J was on about an FFuk halloween bash? I think it would be a great idea, but if its doesnt happen you could venture across the boarder for my 30th in November, every ones invited.

12. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Sounds cool. Where do you live and what kind of party would it be?

13. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    ooh when and where that gonna be darl? id love to come to that!

14. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    hehe im a perfectionist obsessed with detail. i study the photos till my eyes bleed ;)

I dunno what im doing yet for halloween/samhien..but im sure ill find something. London Expo is the 30th october so ill probs go to that and then on 5th november is the Witchfest International so ill be around for that too...

15. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Samhien?

I didn't know you were Jewish?

Shala Shalom.

16. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    [face_beatup]
    no...Samhein is the pagan festival that halloween is based on. its the pagan new year.

17. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    [face_laugh] even i knew that and im only 16 [face_laugh]

when is halloween? i cant remember. i think we sould have a party. maybe the midlands and the welsh should meet up near the border to have a party.

anyone know a good pub or something?

18. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Well, if they did you wouldn't be able to go, would you Dave? You're still underage.

19. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I know!

Give you leader some credit people, I was just having a little bit of a Hebrew/Pagan crossover fun.

Don't know about Halloween now, it might be a little late to organise something.

Though I suppose there isn't really a set timetable on when we can have a meet up and party, costume style.

So why don't we just arrange one anyway and if it's after Halloween, who cares?

Jairen: Arnt 16 year olds allowed in pubs? I thought they were, just not allowed to buy alcohol? But I may be wrong. Either way, it is still an issue if the person is underage.

20. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    welshguy is entirely correct! i was about to point that out! Phil you live in an area where only adults go out at night as you move west and around my area over into wales this changes and children are welcome. plus you get less sleasy dives and propper good nice looking respectable pubs.

21. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Depends where in Wales...and what you consider children. I wouldnt take kids under 13 to most of the pubs in Cardiff city centre, yet most of the nightlife regulars in Cardiff on a friday sat is under 18 anyway....!!

22. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Clubs are out of the question, as are pubs at night. But if we were to go somewhere during the day it might not matter so much.

I went out into town on Saturday. Is it just me or are women getting really nasty nowadays? Not so much passive aggressive, more just aggressive.

Thowing ice cubs, telling people to **** off, being generally nasty and misrable.

Maybe it was a full moon or something.

23. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Wait, you mean that isn't how all women react to you normally? Oh dear. Perhaps it's just me.

24. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Sometimes I can get a half decent reaction, such as not being hit in the face when I say hello.

But in general, i'm of the same frame of mind as you.

Perhaps Sakara can shine some light on this situation.

Why do women act like that?

25. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Depends what caused them to react that way..if it was defensive gesture because say somebody wasnt leaving them alone then im all for the girls...
    BUT if it was just a thing they did without provocation then theyre just female chavs with no braincells

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.