main
side
curve

Costume Thread

Discussion in 'FF:UK - Wales' started by Welshguy, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Ah! I think you hit the nail right on the head there. It's easy to think that it's only the guys who are Chav scum, but women are just as much part of the death knell of modern society as guys.

2. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Thought I should actually get around to putting a pic of my costume on this thread, seeing as its a costume thread and all.

Now these pics arnt very good, taken under poor light, at night, by myself via a mirror.

So I apologise for the quality.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Welshguy/cost2.jpg]
    (Tabbards of the episode 2 cloak back)

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Welshguy/cost1.jpg]
    (Tabbards of episode 2 cloak forward)

Sorry these pics are of such low quality, but i'm only one man you know!

The reason i'm using the episdoe 2 cloak is that I have always thought it was a much better design that the ep3 cloak. That was just another generic Jedi cloak, whereas this one had a bit of character about it.

Edit: By the way, ignore the white undershirt of the costume. I just couldn't find the porper dark brown t-shirt. It's not part of the costume, so don't worry.

3. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    From what i can see its very good. If you want something different go with the combo of two costumes...i actually like the ep3 cloak though...its so ....dark hehe

4. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    How do you mean, a combo of the two costumes?

5. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Youve got ep three glove with ep two cloak/robe thingy

6. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Oh right, sorry. Duhhh.

Silly me. That is pretty much what i'm doing anyway. Except i'm aiming to grow an ep4 "do" in time for Halloween.

*looks in mirror*

Hmmm, not fast enough.

*thinks about hair extensions*

Hmmmm.

[face_thinking]

Didn't Hayden have those for ep3 anyway?

7. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    looking at Hayden's....hair..yes i was looking at the hair...it was the same length at the London premier as it was in the film. I think he grew it for ep3 and has kept it for filming of The Decameron.

Maybe your Anakin inbetween movies...;)

8. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    But i've seen clips of Hayden trying out different hair extensions in one of the free DVD's that came out with a newspaper a while back.

Also, thinking about it. I'm sure i've seen footage of Hayden and Ewan practicing their dualing in normal clothing. While practicing, Hayden had just average length hair, and not the longer hair seen in the movie.

Hmmmm, meditate on this I will.

9. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Ah maybe he started out as having shorter hair at the beginning of filming but grew his own hair by the end of it...I know they used wigs to get the styles right but the actors didnt actually some of them.

And which clips[face_praying] are you refering to and where can i see it?

10. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Hmm, I don't know about that. Human hair grows at around an inch a month. So Hayden would have needed to be growing it for around a year before the movie was shot. I suppose we won't really know either way. The only way this discussion can be settled is if someone with a keen interest in the hair and makeup of ep3 could tell us.

I might pop over to one of the movie costume threads. They're not very friendly to outsiders, but given the blue of my name, I hope they'll treat me a little more nicely than they did last time.

*checks SW DVD's*

I believe the one it's on is Daily Mail SW DVD.

I don't know if you had that one, but it includes interviews, behind the scenes, trailers, gallery, downloads and a trivia game. It is probably the best free DVD i've seen. Funnily enough this free DVD is probably better than the extras you get on the offical movie DVD.

11. MASTER-SITH

MASTER-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    got to say love the outfit welshguy looks really cool hope to get one my self when i dont enougth saving

12. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, i've done some digging and asking around: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=21062772&start=21624404

It does indeed look like that he had hair extensions.

So I guess that settles that one.

Got a month and a half to get my hair that length. Don't think i'll quite manage it, but it should grow around 2 inches in that time, which should make it look pretty good.

13. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Ah ive seen that for sale on ebay a few times, ill see if i can get one.....if not i may be needing that disc...!!

14. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    :eek:

Are you trying to bribe me?

I must warn you that I have the tempriment of iron and nerves of steel!

Just don't tickle me, that's all.

If you follow the link I posted and follow the link again to the webdocs, there's some good stuff there about the ep3 hair and costumes, so perhaps it might not be necessary for you to tie me up and torture me with a feather duster, while dressed as Padme.

Or something along those lines anyway.

15. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    well we'll have to see wont we.....

Oh and why do americans insist on calling a fringe a bang?..one of life's mysteries

16. MASTER-SITH

MASTER-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    Hey well i been think about getting a Sith costume and i been trying to think of colours for it
    here are some chose

1.all black
    2.black robe, dark red tabards over a black tunic, grey trousers, black boots
    3.dark red robe, black tabards over a grey tunic , black trousers, black boots

I am think of going with number 2 but want to know what you all think

17. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Oh and why do americans insist on calling a fringe a bang?..one of life's mysteries

I wondered what the hell they were on about for ages before the penny dropped.

I like the sound of 2 as well, for what its worth.

18. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I've heard the official reasoning for the "bang" issue, but it still makes little sense to me. [face_worried]

You may as well call it "slam" or "wallop". Makes as much sense as "bang".

MasterSith: Though it's just my opinion, and I may be wrong once the costume is finished, but I have always found red to be a colour that just doesn't fit in with a Sith costume. I've seen some (fan) ones in the past and it just doesn't sit right for me. I've always seen the best Sith colours as those which are the most obvious, such as black (Vader, Maul) or darker hues (Dooku and Sidious).

Something as obvious and in your face as red just doesn't seem the Sith way.

19. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Ah look at the sith from KOTOR they wore red, Eg Visas or Nilhalus . Darth Maul's face is red..red is a sith colour, just look at their sabers!And when master_sith asked about colours i did say DARK red...like Dooku's cloak lining for example.The colour of old blood.

20. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Having an accessory to the costume that is red, such as make up, saber or lining might work, but including red as the main colour of the costume still doesn't seem right to me.

I just think dark colours = cool = Sith.

21. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Visas Marr -sith apprentice
    [link=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5e/Visas_marr.jpeg][/link]
    [link=http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Visas_Marr][/link]
    [link=http://kauler.com/games/kotor/K2%20-%20005%20-%20Dancing%20for%20a%20Hutt.jpg][/link]

notice the red in her costume

22. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I don't really see characters from computer games as true Sith though, regardles of their titles. The only true Sith are the ones in the movies. The ones that come from the mind of Lucas and are designed and created under his direction.

Of course, if you get a bunch of design artists in a room and tell them to create a Sith character, you would get all manner of colours and patterns, but they are just a bit of fun that happens to have the Star Wars name attached to it.

In my opinion, people should only look to the movies if they want to interpret how a character should look.

Just my opinion though, but I feel its a valid one.

23. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    dont forget the games are true to the movies costume wise.

24. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I wouldn't have said so?

It's a completely different design stuido and development process. The only costumes and characters that are in some way the same as the movie, are to be found in the games that feature characters from the movies (the recent ROTS game being a good example).

Any expanded universe characters and by extesion their costumes are nice to have around and deepen the pool of information, but should in no way be seen as "proper" Star Wars.

Again, just my opinion.

25. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Oh dont get started on EU lol...the debate raging on UKG is funny!

But KOTOR was designed in tandem with George ideas, so alot of the designs came from his head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.