main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Costume Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Welshguy, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Well i've owned the costume 3 years now.

I originally bought it after Clones came out. It looked pretty bad back then I have to admit. But over the years I have slowly been upgrading it and adding parts.

I spent most of the time and money on it when I was planning to make a fanfilm called Star Fellas.

It was a Star Wars/Goodfellas crossover and I was going to be the lead character!

I spent hundreds on pre-production, upgraded my costume until is was hardly recognisable as the orignial and bought loads of props and costumes.

However a week before I was due to start shooting I lost 90% of my shooting locations! :_|

So StarFellas got put into hibenation and all the props and costumes are in storage now. One day it will see the light again, but it may take a while...

Not sure if I would wear it to a con though. I'm quite shy and without a mask to hide behind (now I see why your going in that direction :p ), I would feel too self conscious.

I have a question about the mask by the way. In the game he just has a black face with that mask on it. How are you going to wear it and "diguise" the fact that you have a nose and mouth?

Are you going to wear some kind of black face mask underneath?

2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Yup.

I have an "invisible" mask so my face is blacked out. Plus I need to add foam the to mask so it will be more comfortable to wear and that will push out the maks slightly from my face, enough so that my nose isn't sticking out of it.

My first costume was a jedi and in a con setting, you shouldn't get much flack for walking around as a jedi. I never did anyway. I tend to go with masks/helmets now because my garrison does so many children's hospital events and I can no longer go see some of those kids without wanting to cry. Those kids do not need to see sad adults, but happy Imperials & Siths. ;)

3. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I always thought Imperials and Sith were happy because other people were unhappy. :p

I don't buy the whole Darth Nhilas destroying planets with the force though. I mean, as powerful and angry as Anakin was after he found out he killed Padme, he just destroyed a room.

That's the trouble with the EU. They tend to go overboard with just about everything. Why destroy just a room, when you can destroy a PLANET!

Holy taking liberties Batman. [face_mischief]

Still a cool character though.

But not as cool as Anakin. :)

Maybe when we've both finished our costumes, we could meet up and have a Sith battle to the death!

4. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    That is because Nihilus' greatest power is the fact that he consumes the force from both people and planets. That is why he can destory a planet.

It always goes back to Batman doesn't it? lol

But Nihilus could just stand across the room and suck the force out of Ani and win you know. ;)

5. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Ohh my! :eek:

The dreaded "Force Suck".

I thought the Sith banned that one for being too x-rated?

6. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

[face_laugh]

Not in the ole KOTOR days apparently!

7. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Then thank goodness the Republic brought sense and sobriety to the universe.

If that's the kind of stuff that is in the game, then it may be worth going back and having another look.

8. MASTER-SITH

MASTER-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    i would like it for halloween but dont know if i will have the money in time plus i am not sure what kind of a sith i want to go with i was think along the line of has a dark history that he is hidding or migth go with a darth raven as i just found this on ebay.com
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Sith-Darth-Revan-1-1-Prop-Replica-Armor-Vader_W0QQitemZ7551848222QQcategoryZ60361QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

link not working gone on probally just copy from http onwards

9. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    My friend bought that mask and it is awesome. If you want to do Darth Revan, you better know how to make armor.

10. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    as in metal armour or can it be done in leather well i would ike something a long those lines as i have side the chather has something to hide so what else could i do

11. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    More like plastic. ;)

12. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    ah ok just that from pics i have it looks like leather migth do the job

13. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    I know someone who made the Darth Revan costume and he vaccum formed plastic to make the armor.

14. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    ah k it is just i dont have the equtiment and skill to make it from plastic

15. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    No you don't, but there are people there who might be interested in doing the work for you.

16. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    could u give me some names in pm if u wont mind that is

17. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    All I'll say is to talk to the local 501st garrison and see who they would recommend. I only know of people on this side of the pond.

18. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    k thanks for the help i think for the time being i will stick with a baisc sith making a basic sith outfit and lookin to the raven costume

19. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    does anyone know if sakra is still around ???

20. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    were is every one

21. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Sorry, I broke down and bought a Vader FX MR saber today. *Whoosh - Whoosh*

22. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    lol dont worry about it

23. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    No fair! :_|

I want one!

So when are we going to see some pics of this costume you've been working on?

24. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Who me?

I'll have pics after Halloween for sure. :)

25. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Yes you!

Ok, cool. Can't wait to see them.

I'm looking forward to getting some decent pcitures of my costume online also.

So where are you going for your Halloween party?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.