main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Costumes for Next Halloween

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by BFett333, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    only three months till halloween, does everyone have know what their wearing?

almost done my episode II battle shirt. the seams were a major pain in the butt, but it turned out pretty good, I hate sewing corners, its so hard. but I didn't have to rip anything out and redo it so all is good, I just have to hem it. the collar is a little wider than i would have liked but oh well, I got some surgical tubing to do the hair, just need to buy more fake hair.

finished my episode I battle top too, just need to hem it. now to do the white pants.

Here are some great costumes worth looking at, someone at comiccon had a great Luminara This guys Kit Fisto is great, he made his own mask, its amazing the work that went into it.

2. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    I don't know what I'm going to do for Halloween. I hope it's something new and not Boba. I've worn it so many times it now feels like everyday clothing!

I could have a Tie Pilot done...but I think Dave wants to be that for Halloween so no sense there being two of us for that. The next easiest would be Jango since I've got a good portion of the flighsuit done and I have all the armor and the helmet. They just need to be painted. I bought the holsters the other day from Ebay....just the slightly cheesie vinyl Rubies ones....but at least I can wear those if I don't have time to get the leather ones finished....or don't have the money to buy the leather to make them. The main belt is another problem. I really could get away with wearing my Boba belt for a bit....but technically they are different. And the under belt is waaaaaay different. Anyone know how to do a six strand braid??

I even have a stubby arena jetpack to work on. It's partially done. Maybe I'll play with that this weekend. I guess I could paint too. Probably should get going on that since the closer it gets to Halloween the less time there is to paint outside without it drying funny. And if you wait until leaves start falling and blowing around you're really in trouble!

Maybe for Halloween I should do one of the Amidala's I've always wanted to do. Or one of the Jedi....Barris or something. If only I knew latexing already I could do Shaak. Damn.....I really need to figure that out. That and resin. I just got a resin rocket for my right gauntlet and it's pretty sweet!

3. redeyekho

redeyekho Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    Don't worry about my Tie Pilot costume before Halloween. If you want to make yours first... please go ahead. I don't mind. Never hurts to have 2 Tie pilots right? Besides... I might be wearing something else.

4. TK1780

TK1780 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2004
    I am going to go as Ray from the Trailer park boys . I figure I have the right shape to play the part realy well !

If I dont go as that I will give you 3 guesses as to what I will wear, but you should only need 1 guess.

LOL

5. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    No....never hurts to have two Tie's...but not at Halloween. At an event sure....but Halloween..it's kind of like showing up wearing the same dress as someone....LOL

6. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I don't think he's ever had that problem. :p
    I used to know how to braid with 6, I'll have to break out the yarn and see if I remember.

7. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Thanks Terry!

And before I forget for the billionth time....can I get those pictures back from you?

8. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Well I got nothing done this weekend. I guess I sort of needed a weekend of down time so it's not really a bad thing....but I wish I'd done some of what I wanted to. The big thing I was going to do was paint the Jango armor. I just tape up some plastic sheeting to cover my deck and side of my condo and spray there. However, on Saturday, some people from the Board came around to scrape our window sills to repaint them. But then didn't paint them. So I waited all day to see if they were coming back and they didn't. And then all day Sunday they didn't come but I wasn't sure so I didn't set up. Monday I was just going to because I figured they weren't going to come on a holiday....and they show up. Dang...screwed up my plans for sure. The windows look all nice....but I got nothing done. Grrrrrrrrr.......

9. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I hate to say it, but I haven't given much thought to my costume this year... it's probably going to end up being a Jedi again... :(

10. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    got my white pants partially finished. did the seams down the front of the legs then realized they didn't look quite right because the stitch setting on machine was on a small stitch :mad: oh well I'm sure i'm the only person who will notice, hopefully they'll get finished today as well as the top.

11. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Can't wait to see it, Liann! When are we meeting so you can show it off? Hmmmmm??? :D

12. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    we should have another costume meeting, I just put a couple pics up but they didn't turn out very good, the pants are turning out to be trickier than expected to pin the legs with the seems straight, the side seams on the top took many trys to get right too.

how did your embroidery turn out on the wedding dress?

13. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    **Hangs head in shame** I haven't finished a single thing in ages, I'm blaming my schedule, I miss Augusts with nothing in them.
    Ang, I'll get those pics back to you next time I see you, I'll put them in my purse right now, that way I can't forget them. :p

14. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    are you wearing padme on tatooine for halloween or something else?

15. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    I figured I would. It'll be something new at least. Of course we'll all have to go out together again so that anyone knows who I am. :) (I haven't even started it yet, the fabric is still being held hostage :p )

16. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Yeah, Padme on Tatooine is more of a house only thing for me... I'll probably wear something else...

errrr...

17. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    :eek:

*horrible mental images of John in the Padme Battle Outfit flash through my head - torn midriff and all*

[face_sick]

I guess that's payback for the 'riding Jar Jar like a motorcycle' thing [face_laugh]

18. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    LMAO!!!!

THAT was Padme on Geonosis... I'm talking about the blue outfit she wears on Tatooine... or maybe I shouldn't be... ;)

19. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    So you know her entire wardrobe now do you? [face_plain]

I mean, I know that black outfit she wore on Naboo but what straight male doesn't? :p

20. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    AHHH my brain just fizzled at that mental image, both of them. Then it added him in the black dress just to give me nightmares.

21. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Me in the black dress is going to give ME nightmares!!!!! [face_sick]

22. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    ROTFLMAO
    But the White Battle outfit won't?

23. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    With that Molson Muscle sticking out... That's just dead SEXAY [face_love] :p

24. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    LOL!!

No, that just makes me feel sexy... :D

[face_liarliar]

Edit: Damn, Berx, I didn't know you thought about me that way... ewwwwww!!!!! [face_sick]

25. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Holy off topic Batman!

At least Angela will have something to laugh at tommorow morning... or cry... one or the other.

And with that, I'm gone!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.