main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Edmonton Costumes for Next Halloween

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by BFett333, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    That's the riding habit jacket I was picturing the quidich uniforms having but with lapels, and not tacking up the front like that.

2. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    So ladies....what time, if everyone is still in for this, should we start our first fabric trip of the year?

3. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    went to south side store today and they were closed but checked and they're open at 11. what time is the parade till?

4. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Ummmmm.....I have no idea! I'll have to check that out.

5. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    just checked its from 9-10:30 we can head out and pick everyone up after that

6. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Works for me!

7. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    We'll be there at about 11. :)

8. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    would it be ok if we go for about 1 instead. just going to bed now cause had to stay up cause adjusting sleep for midnight shift, but wanna sleep a bit?

9. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Absolutely! Whenever you want, Liann....and only if you want. Sleep definitely comes first..

10. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    definatlt still on for going :)

11. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Anyone feel like grabbing lunch at the mall before we start?

12. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    So I was sitting there trying to decide what kind of boning I had to get for Paniers for the French Court... when it occured to me, I already have a hoop skirt.8-} I took all but the third hoop out of my hoop skirt and put a draw string in the next casing up from it, tied the hoop into the right shape with ribbon and voila, une Panier, that is totally able to convert back and forth depending on need. Now I just need to get that damned lace and I'm good to go. I went back for it today and the one by my place had that stuff on for 65% off but they didn't have the colour I wanted.:mad: The west end hasdropped the discount to 35% so were going to check the Sherwood Park one tomorow.

13. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    cool on the hoopskirt, was thinking about what to do for that. did that place you all ordered your hoops from sell any, do you still have that website link?

14. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    I almost have everything cut out for the next feast dress. Just deciding on what fabric to use for the fold up sleeve part. I keep changing my mind. That fabric sure is nice to work with though.....I think it's because it's got a little stiffness to it that it just makes things go smoothly. No sliding or anything.

15. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    Don't you love it when the fabric co-operates. :) I like the cotton velvet the most for that, you almost don't have to pin.
    Liann, they don't have any specific Paniers, they're actualy bridal stuff. But hey, you can always say they're for your Scarlet BBQ dress you're going to do someday. :p
    http://stores.ebay.ca/ANGELS-BRIDAL-SHOP_W0QQsspagenameZADMEQ3aBQ3aFSELQ3aCAQ3a3QQtZkm

Got the lace, 70% off at the Sherwood Park store. So did a little happy dance right there. [face_dancing] Also got some sleeve lace and thread.

16. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    thanks.

dying to get started on that fabric, want to put my french court together.

yay the rest of my beads finally came, was getting worried

17. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    I got the dress part of the medieval costume put together last night. The contrasting panels look cool! I have to put the sleeves on still but I'm doing some debating about them. I want to make a bunch of changes to this so that even if someone uses the same pattern it won't look the same.

18. ms_ventress

ms_ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2004
    Hey girls!

Is there a costume day this weekend.. on the 6th?
    If there is where is it?

19. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
    I think is was for the 6th, and a place has not been set yet. We should get together and discuss the Quidditch uniforms.

20. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    Where ever is fine, Terry what works for you?

can't wait to see your dress Angela :)

21. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    Well, I'm pretty much done the corset to go under the French Court, just a couple extra bones and the binding. Holy crap, way more comfortable than the long one. :p It has a really neat effect on the waist, doesn't really cinch it in much, but because it's so conical it makes it look way smaller. (it does help to be so well indowded, the top of the cone is so wide, anything looks small in comparison.[face_devil] )
    And I can pretty much get into it on my own, but I think for fittings I'll still get help. :)

I also remembered to check out the peacock feathers across the street, and it was a good thing too. They're closing out so I got them for 50 cents.

22. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    cool can't wait to see it. now you can start the dresss :) hope to make some progress with the sewing right away here, grannys leaving next week so will have more free time. have to set the lace into the top of my bodice so can start embroidering, was thinking of sticking some crinela stuff from my picnic corset behind the lace to stabilize it

23. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    There isn't much there, it's probably a good idea to re-enforce it a bit. :p
    The stones should be here next week, I think you'll want to have them on before the leaves, that way you can hide the setting a bit in the embroydery.
    *taps foot impatiently and curses the wait time of buying things online* I'm dying to start on the necklace too.
    I'm going to make bows or rossettes from the copper I used for the Vala dress sleeves. I don't know if I'll use them but the colour works really well with the green and since the pearls on the bodice were such a let down I want to have a plan B in place.

24. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    oh that would look nice. yeah still need to pick up the silver trim so i can start the bullion too. does that pearl cotten come in silver or you think white would look good?

25. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Gah! Why are you guys always soooo much further ahead of me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.