main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Costumes for Next Halloween

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by BFett333, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Yeah, but I haven't even got much of an idea for the next feast so you're ahead on that one. :)

I have no idea what colours pearl cotton comes in, but I bet we can find it in silver or at least a pearly grey. If not regular floss should work fine should't it?

2. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    OMG....I just had a friend over and was showing her some of the stuff I've made since she was last here. I tried on my Shaak Ti skirt with a crinolin under it.....freakin' perfect!!! I'm soooooo excited!! Just enough body to make it sit like in the pictures. WOOHOO!!

3. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Almost done the feast dress....well....the main parts of it anyway. Still have a ton of grommets and detailing to do and sleeves but it's coming along nicely.

I think I might cut out the French Court dress tonight....at least the underdress part since I don't have the black yet.

The pattern that we need for the Team Evil gear is discontinued.....and I used mine and can't figure out where I put it. Grrrrrrrr........ I'll figure something out.

4. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    can't find my cording to buy for my ever after grrrr. no where near to starting my frennch court, really want to work on it but must finish other one first :p already plottting my summer feats dress :D theres such goods sales at the fabric store right now but nothing i really want to buy

5. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    SUMMER FEAST! When will the insantiy end???????

I got the neck line done on the under dress and tried it on. It's a whooooole lotta dress....and hard to tell what it looks like, other than an a-frame tent, without the bodice part over it to bring all the fabric in. But I think it's working out well.

I got the fabric for the under skirt on the French Court cut out. That's a whoooole lotta skirt...hahaha Forgot to get a stupid invisible zipper so I couldn't go any further on that. I'll have to go this week.

6. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    I went and got a zipper last night and put it in this morning. Then I sewed all five panels together. Nice way to start the day!

I have Monday off this coming week so I'm hoping to get three good days of costuming done. Gotta get myself organized tonight so I'm not wasting time figuring out what I should do next. I think I'll get the gathering on the French Court skirt done first 'cuz I hate gathering. Then I think I'll do all the gathering on the tiers for the Luminara skirt. Get all the craptastic gathering over with at once. I bought grommets last night too...but not lacing... :rolleyes: Geesh. I'm not looking forward to grommetting yet again. I really need to just go and get one of those things from Tandy.

I'm hoping to get the cloak for Luminara finished this weekend too. And if I could find the stupid sleeves I already cut out and sewed to put on to the shirt I started for Luminara I could finish that too.

7. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    got my ever after bodice kinda finished off, grommets in, just need to put lace in but realized have to attach sleeves before doing the beading along the neckline cause it buts up with the sleeve hole grrrr so have figure out how i'm putting those together. but still have to finish skrit, sigh.

8. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    At least you're making progress, Liann...it'll come...don't fret.

9. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    You guys are just cooking. The closest thing to progress I've made is I did a mock up of the FC bodice and it was a good thing, the sleeve was way to tight. I really wish they did better plus size patterns, just once I'd like to pretty much take it out of the envelope and have it work. Once I get the pattern sorted, it should only take me a day or two. I've got it built in my head twice over. I'm putting lacing under all those pleats so I don't think I need to have the stomacher come off at all.
    For some reason I really need to get up the nerve to cut this fabric, I've never been this reluctant before.

10. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    I just ordered my French Court wig. Well....actually a couple. Couldn't decide between black and auburn so I got both. One of the 501st ladies in the States that is making this along with us has one of these wigs and she said for the price ($19. US) it's a fairly nice wig.

11. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    cool, haven't decided on that yet, we saw an awesome one at shirley potters but it was only a rental and they didn't have any like it for sale :(

jsut went and got all my trims and got netting for the sleeves, not sure whasts going under the netting yet. just need the fluffly lace and the pearl drops with i think i'll jsut make. hopefully thats all i need. broken it all down and its not so bad just the logistics of connecting it all together :p

12. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    Can you post the link? I'm still thinking I want to do my own hair, just cause the wigs tend to have too much going on in front. Nature of the beast I guess.

Well I cut it! [face_dancing]
    You girls inspired me and I actually got some work on the dress done. I've got the over dress pretty much done structurally. It still needs gromets in the back, with a final taking in. Then it's just hem, trim, lace and more trim. The underskirt is just a big rectangle gathered at the waist for volume with the lace tacked on, so that should take me about an hour. I'm wondering if it will need one more petticoat but I won't worry about that till later.

13. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    I got the stinkin' skirt gathered as tight as it will go and it's tooooooo big!! Gah!

14. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    Time to pleat the gathers? :p

15. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Frrrruuuussssttttrrraaaaaatttttteeedddddddd

16. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    what your dress is nearly done?

aww that sucks Angela :(

17. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Nah....just the skirt part. I just mushed everything really tight together and sewed a line of stitching to hold it all in place. It's not bad now.

18. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Yesterday I got a bunch done. The waistband is on the French Court skirt so it's ready for hemming. The Luminara skirt is basically done and hemmed. The Luminara cloak just needs the hood added. I'm going to start working today on the headpiece. Found one of the sleeves for the shirt but now I can't find the shirt! Must keep digging......

Not sure what else I'll work on today but I'm hoping to have a full day of costuming once again and just keep plugging away at all of these projects.

19. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    Well, I've got my French Court done structurally. I'm not happy with the bodice, it's still a little too loose but I'm leaving it for now. I still have to put the front panel of lace on the underskirt, the sleeve ruffles and the all lace around the front. I've also decided to build the pocket hoops instead of using the hoop skirt but that means I have to find hoop boning. I'm wondering if the stuff at the fabric store is good enough cause it shouldn't have to have that much strength.

Now I get to start Kit's packing dress. :p

20. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Just for an FYI Terry......the same place we get the boning from has hoop skirt stuff.

I haven't done that much today other than laundry and stuff and some sorting. I found a bunch of black fabric I didn't know I had to that was good.

I went to the fabric store with a friend who wants to come to the feast with us. I'm making a dress for her. She picked out the pattern and fabric so I'll get started cutting that out....maybe tonight. I also found great fabric for my Jawa and I picked up the burgundy velveteen for the Padme battle gear. I still can't find what I did with the shirt I had started for Luminara so I'm just going to cut out a new one. When I find the other one I can always use it under armor. It won't go to waste.

Still haven't done the grommets.....avoiding them like the plague.....

21. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    wow sounds like you all are getting lots done. got my corset i was doing for christmas cut out and sewn together. put the lace in the ever after bodice, going to attempt to start constructing the sleeves together. got Jasons tunics and stuff all finished off. think thats it.

want to start the guinevere dress

22. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Finished Luminara's shirt....next! hehehe

Sounds like you guys got lots done too! Feels pretty good!

23. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
    I put my Amalthea on with the corset on, and the top was basically falling off cause it's a lot looser now. ha ha Liann zipped it up, and I thought it wasn't zipped all the way cause it was so loose. lol I'm not gonna do any fixing on that until closer to the feast. :)

My costume plans so far for 2007:

March - toga-ish something for 300
    April - hoping to be done losing weight and be able to wear Mara Jade and not embarrass myself or anyone else. :p
    July - Celtic-ish warrior for the tournament during the day and a 'lusty wench' dress for the feast in the eveing.
    Nov - finish my blue Eowyn gown

That's all I got planned so far, but there'll probably be more. Not working on anything at the moment.

24. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    In my bid to avoid grommets.....I nearly finished my Jawa.....woot!!!

I have the day off today so I'm just going to keep going!

25. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Here's a link to the pics of what I was working on this weekend.....

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q4/BH-3330/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.