main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Costuming ... That Right Big Kid Dress Up!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rotag21, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Man, jet lag sucks! Cool now that you can PM! Whooooooooo!

2. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Z,

You can come by anytime you'd like this week to get sized. I'm off the rest of the week so whenever. Just give me a call.

SeeYa,
    TK

3. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    We have sells!!

If anyone out there is looking to pick up one of the new Helmets pleas elet me know. The first run is all most a full sell though. YEAH!!!

I will be starting a second run short. As well as adding to NEW model to the mix. But I still have I believe 2/3 left. I will be posting them up again this week on Ebay. If you do need one let me know you will get the better deal for being a member of FanForce.

Seeya,
    TK

4. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm going to Concord tonight so I'll see if I can get a jumpsuit that'll fit me. You can get 'em at any tractor supply company right? And what kind of dye do I want to use if I want to dye it? Any suggestions?

5. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    You can pick up dye at almost any store. But if you are planning on dye it a color they do not have for sale. make sure you buy something in a light color. If you buy a dark blue jump suit and plan on dyeing it ... for get it. It will NEVER come out the color you are looking for.

By the way... what are your colors? You can call me if you need to about the jump suit when you get there.

Seeya,
    TK

6. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    right now I'm looking at doing a black jumpsuit with crimson armor, and the same colors for the bucket. I might want to check it again on the mando maker before I do that though, to make sure I like the colors.

7. Jeedai_Veila

Jeedai_Veila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2006
    TK, be sure to save me a helmet! I can write you a check this coming Thursday when we all get together. By the way, did you guys end up meeting last Thursday? I had a softball game and was really tired/sweaty afterwards so I just went home.

8. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    I have to check my calendar, but if I don't have a softball game, I might be free this Thursday night....

9. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok....

1st. - Z your helmet is all set. I have even start to prep it for you. I will not be doing a lot to it. It is for you to do. That is half the fun! I will however have your legs done this week. I think, lol. As soon as brandon gets me the mold for the chest piece i can have those vacuum out in a night. that part is easy. Oh, and a check will be fine. Thanks!

2nd. - John the Jump suits do come in black, so as long as they have your size you are all set. Please do not worrie in the legs are to long or the arms. I can have all that fixed for you. You are only worried about the chest and butt. lol

3rd. - No one was about to make it this past Thursday. Which was ok, my family was in town so it worked out ok. they helped me with painting. lol So did the girls. Sophie was cover in piant. But she did an AWESOME job!

4th. - I will be here on this Thursady if anyone wish to come by. I am hoping to be on the last stages of the foot. and on to the other 5/6 jobs that are lining up.

5th. - Ummmmmm.... No, I think that covered it all! lol

SeeYa,
    TK

10. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
  11. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ummmm.....

You know what... Let me check on them. It has been some time. Who knows.

SeeYa,
    TK

12. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Mar 7, 2008
    Keep me posted! I NEED THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Duhhhhhhhhhh........... lol

I know this ... i'll be making them when the get here.

TK

14. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Mar 7, 2008
    Hurry up I need them! NOW!

15. Jeedai_Veila

Jeedai_Veila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2006
    Sorry I was MIA this week. TK, do you want to get together to work on the costume this weekend? Maybe Brandon and John can join in. Is there a specific kind of paint you use for the armor?

16. Phantdommenace

Phantdommenace Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2008
    I have a question about costume cleaning.

I have a Darth Vader outfit that I wear and I sweat a ton when everything is on. I have yet to install fans or anything for cooling.

How do you clean the bodysuit? I assume it cannot just be thrown into the washer and dryer.

Tim G

17. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Tim,

Lite soap and water at home is ok. To a point. Fabries work well on most stuff. If it is that bad? I'd say take the under suit to the dry cleaners. That would be your best bet. Good luck!

SeeYa,
    TK

18. Phantdommenace

Sep 9, 2008
    Under suit? As far as mine is concerned the black and the white interior are all the same unit.

Maybe I need to talk to other vaders and see how they suit up or have remade the suit.

19. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Tim,

I know some of the guy's who are our Vaders in the NEG 501st. They wash most of the suit by hand. I have helped Jeff clean his in the past. We used washcloth and warm water to wash the inside of the jump suit and the armor piece we washed in the sink. and waxed afterward. For us undersuit it did go to the cleaners

You can go to www.501neg.com check us out. I don't know if your with us of not? Sounds like you are not... But you may find some info that can answer your ??? and help you out there? Best of luck!

SeeYa,
    TK

20. Phantdommenace

Sep 9, 2008
    No I am not with you. I was told that my Rubies vader was made of Fail and would never live up to 501st standards. So i have not continued my membership.

21. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    If you are talking about the non armor part of the costume, would one of those home dry cleaning kits work? Just throwing it out there...

22. Phantdommenace

Sep 9, 2008
    Hmm interesting suggestion. I will have to look at what it is made of and see what the kit is good for. This is all about the body suit. Not the armor or the helmet or cloaks

23. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Mar 7, 2008
    Dose it smell like burnt leathery bacon?

24. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    LOL [face_laugh]

Did you try the dry cleaning kit? I'm curious to see if it worked...

25. Phantdommenace

Sep 9, 2008
    No I am afraid I have not had time. Been out of state for the past two weeks only came home long enough for the weekends. Heading to DragonCon on Wednesday so still not time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.