main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Could Anakin have beaten Mace

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by uwishuwereme, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth254

darth254 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2004
    If Anakin would fight Mace like he did Dooku, Anakin would have won. If Anakin would fight Mace like he did Obi-Wan, he would have lost. Anakin is inconsistent.

By the way, I consider Mace and Dooku to be about equals. Mace might be a tad stronger, but Dooku uses the Dark Side, which gives him more offense, and he has more experience/comes off smarter and more cunning than Mace.

2. Anakin1

Anakin1 Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2006
    Anakin won dooku because he was consumed by anger and hatred making him a powerful force to be reckon with and it was too much for even a experienced sith lord such as dooku.Mace and dooku skill level is about the same as one was trained highly in the good side and the other at the dark side.But if anakin would have go on headstrong against a mace in top form,it is anyone guess that he may beat him as mace was defeated and have his hand cut off as he was caught off guard by anakin actions when he asked anakin to stay away as he wanted to finished off darth sidious by himself.

3. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    I don't think Anakin was strong eneough to fight Mace, Mace is more experianced.
    If he was not injured he could have been the strongest.

4. -HD-YaebGinn

-HD-YaebGinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 31, 2005
    it wasnt a want to kill him himself. He just wanted him dead. It's not like he wanted the trophy or anything.

and the only way anakin would come close to beating mace is if he went all out and tried to overwhelm him with alot of blows very fast. If he fought Mace like he did Dooku, he would lose. The style he used against Dooku was more smooth and connected. But if he used that samne way against Mace, Mace would eat him alive, since Mace fights quick and strategical with no wasted motions. If he is gonna beat Mace, it would have to be within the first thirty seconds of the fight, no goofing around testing his weaknesses or something.

5. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    smooth, he completly overwhelmed him, when they locked up in front of the chancellor he threw him back like he was nothing, he could do the same to Mace. Mace overpowered DS, he did not pull some move on him like Anakin did to Dooku with the hands, Anakin was taught by the best jedi, and could have beat mace any way, but he would have just overwhelmed him with power.

6. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005
    You have to remember that Count Dooku was old, He would have got tired eventally, And beating Count Dooku does not mean your all powerful, Count Dooku was the only one Anakin ever beat.

Mace would beat Anakin due to experience .

Anakin is only 22 years old, While the other masters are in their 30's and 40's, They are more experianced.

experianced > power

experianced is better then power.

Obi-wan and Anakin were clearly equel on screen, Anakin was more powerful and Obi-wan was more experianced.

that proves experiance is better.

7. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    not in his case its not. He killed many jedi masters, who had more experience than him in ROTS, Cin, SHaak Ti. and age is not everything, he and Kenobi are the ones who have been fighting the war while Mace and Yoda sit in the council.

8. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005
    Grevious killed SHaak Ti, Obi-wan and Anakin were both legendary jedi knights, They were good fighters,

But during the clone wars Yoda and Mace were on missions to

9. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    www.starwars.com/databank/character/shaakti

10. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005
    there was a deleted scene in the ROTS dvd where it shows grevious killing her.
    But it must have changed scince in the clone wars Grevious did not take her.

11. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    yeah it was deleted then in reshoots they shot Anakin killing her, its in the making of book, and then they deleted that, but its not like that has any impact on Anakin beating Mace, i don't think anybody would think jedi master Shaak Ti could take out Darth Vader. it says on the databank she was there when he was killing everybody.

12. -HD-YaebGinn

-HD-YaebGinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 31, 2005
    1. The clones killed more Jedi in the temple than Anakin. He did some, but mostly it was the clones, and the clones also helped Anakin alot when he was fighting Jedi. You cant duel and block bolts at the same time. The only Jedi that you see implied that Anakin kills are the younglings. (plus a few Jedi in hologram form with built up pasts in EU to make them the best jedi ever)

2. The only scene of Shaak Ti we see on film is her being killed by Grievous, and whats on film always beats what is in a book.

13. Ani_Lover

Ani_Lover Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2005
    There is WAAAY more implied than Anakin killing "just" the younglings. Where do you get your info that the clones killed more Jedi than Ani?
    It looks to me like someone just doesn't like Anakin.

So now because the Jedi's are in a hologram and weren't a major part of the movie they don't mean anything?
    Alot of the Jedi Purge was IMPLIED. GL got the point across without having to spell everything out. He showed the major Jedi Masters getting blasted and the rest just isn't shown.

Your own words: "What's on film always beats what is in a book."

But in a previous post I stated that we don't see much of Mace Windu except him cutting a Bounty Hunter's head off.
    So does your statement apply to Mace too then??

Or are Mace's skills IMPLIED throughout the movie where as ANAKIN'S are not??? [face_thinking] Hmmmm.... Double standard.....

"He helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

14. adamlee

adamlee Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 12, 2004
    i think it would be a good fight. And Obi Wan did not win due to experience. He won because Anakin/Vader was overconfident. Mace is a great fighter, maybe the best of the Jedi. But the fight would have been epic. they both have different styles. But both channel the dark side to a certain extent. I would have loved to have seen it. I mean think about it. Both clearly have a disdain for each other. I always thought Mace looked at Anakin as the step-child he didnt like. He is so skeptical. And sadly this makes me less caring for his character. If I knew someone was always talking down to me, i would be inclined to turn on them too. And to be honest, Obi Wan seems to be the only jedi who believes in Anakin. So I mean, is it jealousy? back on tangent, i don't know who would win. In the Ep 3 game , Anakin handles Mace. now I know that is a game but I would think Anakin would take him. But either way the Emperor was jumping in. So Mace loses.

15. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    your giving Mace to much credit hes about at the same level as Dooku, Anakin would take him out in a saber fight quickly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.