main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Could Luke lift the X-Wing in RotJ ?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Erkan12, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I am asking this theoretically, and I am curious to see your opinions.

We know that Luke failed to lift X-Wing in ESB.

Later in RotJ, Yoda says that Luke needs no more training and learned what he needs. Is that also means he can lift the X-Wing with his force powers ? And this question is for only Return of the Jedi timeline, we all know that Luke, as a Grand Master, becomes very powerful later.

2. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Did he or could he? I think he had the potential, for sure. I'm not sure he lifted it. Yoda did, though. :p

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  3. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    I say yes. Yoda says all that remains is for him to face Vader, which logically must mean he can now lift the ship using only the Force.

4. SegNerd

SegNerd Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2015
    I also say yes. He didn't have any trouble lifting C3PO in front of the ewoks. Although an X-Wing is certainly even bigger and heavier, apparently if you're doing it right, that doesn't matter.

5. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    I want to expand on the great points that Hogarth Wrightson and SegNerd made.

Yoda said Luke already knew all he needed. In TESB, Yoda thought Luke had the potential to lift the X-wing. Initially Luke was lifting the X-wing out of the swamp. Yoda said Luke failed only because he did not believe. By ROTJ, Luke fully realized what "size matters not" meant. He lifted C3-PO without even using his hands.

6. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Yes. In TESB, Luke's character was impatient, his mind in conflict, he wasn't ready. By ROTJ, Luke seems more at peace, with a clear mind and a better understanding. He's far more zen like in ROTJ. At that point, the Force was his ally.

7. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    No. But at least he was a better pilot in ROTJ, because we didn't hear,
    "Hey Yoda, before you die... Could you lift my X-Wing out of the swamp again?"

Sarge likes this.
  8. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

I concur. Luke had grown has a Jedi by that time.

Hogarth Wrightson likes this.
  9. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Yes he had the ability to lift the X-Wing in ROTJ, as Yoda asked what more do you need to know, that you already know. So all he could learn from Yoda was complete, but he still had training to learn as he grew older after that, but essentially his training was over with.

Hogarth Wrightson likes this.
  10. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    Let's keep in mind, too, that in ROTJ we see the X-Wing parked safely on the turf outside Yoda's home. So either Luke was strong enough in the Force to guide the ship safely down, or he landed in the swamp again and was able to move it out successfully. Either way speaks volumes about how far he's come since the events of ESB.

Admiral Volshe likes this.