main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Could Revenge of the Sith been 2 movies?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by jaimestarr, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    No way! The PT like the OT was always meant as a trilogy, breaking that pattern would be breaking SW tradition. The films work very well as they are. I don't need TPM as "prolog", nor do I need ROTS split in 2 parts. Just leave the films as they are!!!! And by the way, I didn't need TCW as a background story either. Watched an episode or 2 and it never convinced me, not in the least. Honestly, the SIX original Lucas episodes were all I needed. I never felt the need from outside sources to "expand" on everything. The saga is fine as it is, no need to even further tinker with it, enough already!!

2. Frisco

Frisco Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 21, 2019
    RotS is very thin, script-wise, and I don't feel that it could withstand being spread out over two films. This is not to say that I don't enjoy it as is ... but let's be honest, here: the movie is not, at all, dense with information.

3. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    ROTS is, without a doubt, the most plot dense movie in the entire series. Far and away.

4. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Um...no. Its the most pivotal film in the saga.

5. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    There are more substantive plot developments over the course of its approximately two hour run time than any other movie in the series.

6. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    ROTS is the best film in the saga in my opinion.
    It perfectly blends the styles of episodes I and II and naturally merges it into the feel of the OT.
    This episode, more than any other, truly makes me feel like we are living in one big cohesive galaxy. From the battle of Coruscant to the dual on Mustafar, from the declaration of the new order to the construction of the Death Star, we can see the pristine core worlds clash with the gritty rim. Palpatine's plans have cumulated over decades, and this is the moment the Republic became the Empire and Vader was born.

I see it as the quintessential Star Wars film, so much happens, and yet it flows so smoothly as well. Nothing in the film could be expanded on substantially by dividing it into another film. Yes some fans wanted to see Vader looking awesome, but that was never the point. It's a tragedy first and foremost, and that hits home perfectly.
    Besides a trilogy of films makes the most sense to me, having one part of the saga being larger than the other would just be lopsided.

7. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    It's an interesting question because of insinuation that the events may have been intended to exist between multiple films at one point; namely Leia growing up with her biological mother before she died. I believe the extension of ROTS wouldn't have expanded on what was in the movie, but more so the immediate aftermath and rise of the Empire; perhaps Vader hunting down the remaining Jedi. As is, ROTS is pretty nicely paced and couldn't really be split up nicely without making massive changes. It's too many "what ifs" for me, because it would drastically alter the trajectory of the prequels as a whole. Though I like that the spin-off stories have filled this era in more.