main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Could someone please put me out of my misery and get rid of it!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by lilbrowneyedjedi, Sep 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    I'm sick of the Mon Calamari. They only made it past ROTJ because the Ewoks were worse.
    To quote Nirvana: It's ok to eat fish, they don't have any feelings ...

2. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    there's a quote that goes something like "some me the man you admire and i will know what kind of man you are." i see the same kind of situation here, by looking at the people you hate, you can tell what kind of person you are. anyway, the chiss are cool, and Mara Jade ROCKS!

end of story

3. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Corran Horn is not only the best EU character, but the best character in STAR WARS. 'Nuff said.

4. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    Why does everybody hate Kyp?
    If it's cause of Carida ok, but Exar Kun was controlling him to a degree and he showed a lot of remorse after that. He nearly allowed someone to kill him cause he was so ashamed.

And he's obvius'y doing good now. Risking his life to attempt to save the galaxy in a losing cause as he has very little help.

5. Galleon

Galleon Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    Hold on a second there
    Corran is with out a doubt one of the best characters in Star Wars during the X-wing novels and I, Jedi but it has been down hill since then. I mean you would think that a man with Jedi powers, and an Ex-corsec agent would know when someone picks his pocket.
    As for being the best all I have to say is he had a chance and may be able to redeem himself but quite frankly FETT

6. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Corran won't be the best, if they decide to butcher him, in some later book, leaving him as a dead corpse.

7. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    I LIKE this topic!

JMA'S List of Most Annoying Characters-

1. Callista- GAG! I even despise her more than numbers 2 and 3 on the list, and that's saying A TON! What did she do for Star Wars EU? Um...well, a fat lot of NOTHING. She was a HORRID creation from a HORRIBLE book who DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Phew. Ok. Moving on.

2. Jacen- Needs to die. Soon. Preferably in SbS. Nuff said.

3. Borsk- I hate people who feel they're better than everyone else, and Borsk certainly fits that mold.

There we go.

JMA

8. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Mena...
    "She's okay when she's written well!"

However, unfortunately she's never been written well. Definitely Mara needs to go. She's about eight years passed her due - well actually she's about a decade passed her due.

And if Stackpole is going to continue writing Corran then someone really needs to off him. Ruin should have been his redemption as a character, yet Stackpole kept him alive instead. I think it was Mastadge (apologies to people if it wasn't) who one time pointed out something which hit home - Corran is actually a believeable/likeable character only when written by anyone besides Stackpole. Anytime Stackpole gets near him, Larry-Stu'ed insanity ensues.

I have to disagree with the Mon Calamari - they're one of the better species in the GFFA and Ackbar's one of the best aliens around, despite the hack-job Zahn and others did on his character.

9. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Ghengis, lets just shake hands, and agree to disagree on this one...

Its funny actually, there are many people who don't really like Zahn's work, (espescially Mara) but from my limited experince on these boards, there are very few who virulently, passionatley, HATE it. Its actually a lot of fun, in my opinion, to have people who have lots of opposing opinions on these boards, (as long as poeple don't start flaming) becase if everyone agreed with eachother, these boards would be boring!

10. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    I agree with you 100% there, Jaded. :)

11. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    I love Jar Jar and Ewoks, but I haven't enough of the EU to know if I like all the rest that you hate. :p

From what I have read, though, Borsk ain't too cool.

12. tye_fighter

tye_fighter Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2001
    I think it would do te NJO plotline a lot of good if Kyp carks it. All of his followers will realise that they are not imortal and wisen up.

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2001
    Okay... Am I the only one who 'likes' Fey'lya? I mean... he's a slimy, connivin bastard, but he's lots better than some random plot device. He actually has some character... He's kinda cool. I really love to hate him.

Ara
    (Now coughing her lungs out... repeadetly)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.