main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Courting the Darkside - (Inbetween ANH and ESB (Conclusion: Aug.1st!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawan feline, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Very very good.

The relationship between the two sisters is coming along very nicely. Not to rushed. I don't think that was a dream she had though. I think the evil emperor is causing that.

I like the part where Luke tells the girls to stay behind. That was not only funny but also clever.

Look forward to the next one.

2. padawan feline

padawan feline Jedi Master star 3

May 26, 1999
    lol! It's so fun writing for Luke and Han! :D Glad you enjoyed that! Thanks for reading! :D

Han was starting to feel seasick. They had been walking for at least an hour, and still had come across nothing but waves of green grass, swaying this way and that. He knew there had to be some sort of creatures that dwelled on this force forsaken planet. He just wasn't sure what.

"Do you think they live underground?" Luke asked, as the pair stopped and Luke stood watching the horizon, shielding his eyes from the sun.

"I don't know, kid. But it looks like the suns going to be setting soon. We probably ought to get back to the Falcon. Maybe we can look again tomorrow."

Luke nodded, and as Han began to head back the way they had come, Luke hesitated. "Han..."

Han paused and turned around. "Yeah kid?"

Luke was looking around as though he'd heard something and was trying to decipher where it had originated. "I don't think we're alone."

Han furrowed his brow. ?Don't tell me the kid's getting jittery.' He thought to himself. "Kid, there's no one around for kilometers. You probably just heard the wind or something."

Luke shook his head. "No, I didn't hear anything."

Han shook his head. "Then why are you stopping? We need to get back."

"Hang on a minute." Luke said, holding up his hand, and then tilting his head, as though listening to something that was very far away. "We're being watched..."

"Aw come on Luke, this is no time to get squeamish." Han said, folding his arms.

"I'm not getting squeamish, Han! I can feel it. I can feel their eyes..." Luke insisted.

"Well let them watch if they want to, we need to get back." Han said, deciding it best to just humor the kid.

Luke nodded. "I guess you're right." He agreed.

"Good, let's go." Han said, turning and tromping back the way they had come, and this time Luke followed.

An hour or two later, the two girls had put together a makeshift tent from a tarp that they had fastened to the Falcon, and Chewie had found a few logs that could be used for a fire. As the sun had continued to set, the planet's temperature had dropped considerably so the girls were both now huddled around the small fire they'd made, while Chewbacca was doing a check on the Falcon's systems. The girls just figured he had felt awkward in their company, and had felt the need to be doing something masculine, since he'd been forced to stay behind with the women.

After a long while of silence, Kayly decided it was time to get some answers, and since Makaella had apparently been reluctant, she would take the initiative. "Makaella," She said.

Makaella continued to stare at the fire, mesmerized by the flame.

"Tell me about your dream." Kayly said, gently.

A long pause followed, and Kayly was about to ask her question again, deciding that Makaella had not heard her, when Makaella spoke up. "It was just a dream."

"I don't believe that." Kayly said, simply. "I want to know."

Makaella heaved a sigh. "It was something that happened while I was onboard the Death Star."

Kayly nodded. "Something that happened to you?"

Makaella shook her head, and Kayly noticed that her lip trembled slightly.

"Makaella, it's alright to tell me. We're sisters! Remember?" Kayly said, laughing a little. As much as she hated to admit it, she already felt a closeness to her. Perhaps holding back would not be the best thing right now, they needed eachother's strength. "All we have is eachother now." She added.

Makaella seemed touched when she finally lifted her eyes to meet Kayly's. "I hadn't thought of it like that." She said, giving her a small smile.

Kayly nodded, encouraging her.

Makaella's eyes darted back to the fire, and she shifted positions uncomfortably. "There's a lot that you don't know about me, Kayly. I am not the same person that I was four months ago..."

Kayly nodded. "I want to know everything."

Makaella bit her lip. "When I was taken by the Empire...I was just a n

3. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Excellent.

I like the idea of Han being seasick.

I like the dialouge between the two sisters. Very well done.

4. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Glad you liked it! Here's some more! :D

Makaella curled up underneath her blanket, tightening into a little ball. She was not quite awake, but also not quite asleep. Through her eyelids she could begin to see a faint light beginning to reach their campsite, and it continued to grow brighter as time wore on. She didn't want to get up yet, she was tired, and it was so cold. She put her arms over her eyes to shield them from the growing light, and when that didn't work, she lifted up her pillow, then laid back down with it on top of her face. That did it. She smiled sleepily and allowed herself to relax a little...when suddenly...

"What in the **** is going on around here?!" She heard a grumpy voice from outside her makeshift tent call out. "Luke, what are you trying to do?!"

Makaella groaned. What was Han complaining about now?

"This has nothing to do with me, Han! I'm just as surprised to see it as you are!" She heard Luke call back.

She heard a small rustling next to her. "What do you think happened?" Kayly asked, tiredly.

"Who do you suppose it's from? The town welcoming committee?" Han continued to rant on, sarcastically.

"I don't know, but I don't think it's anything to get all angry about." Luke said, calmly.

Makaella groaned and sat up, Kayly was sitting up as well. "I guess we'd better go find out. We're not going to get anymore sleep."

Kayly nodded, and the girls climbed out of bed and stepped outside the lean-to tent, into the morning sunlight. Not far from the tent, they found Han and Luke standing in front of a curious looking object. It resembled a basket, but it was cone shaped, and was made out of a strange sort of wood. It looked as though it were made from one thick, very rounded branch that had been spiraled around and around into a cone. And inside were various different fruits, though they were nothing that Makaella had seen before. The "basket" had been stuck sticking straight up in the ground, as though there were a spike on the bottom (and likely there was.)

"What's this?" Kayly asked.

The two men turned to her and Makaella as they approached. "Good morning ladies." Luke greeted them, smiling.

"You two wouldn't have anything to do with this, would you?" Han asked suspiciously eyeing them.

Makaella shook her head. "No...is that a note?" She asked, indicating a piece of paper, or as they would say in this galaxy...a flimsy, that Luke was holding in his hand.

Luke handed it to her. "Have a look for yourself."

Makaella took it from him and held it up, Kayly came by her side to have a look as well. Scrawled in intricate lettering was this:

The inhabitants of Neethador welcome the Millenium Falcon to our humble planet. Please enjoy these gifts as a token of the Itama's friendship .

Kayly wrinkled her brow. "Itama's?"

"If I may sir..." Threepio began to say.

"Can it, Threepio." Han grumped.

"You know something about this Threepio?" Luke asked him.

There was a small sequence of beeps as Artoo rolled toward Threepio.

"Yes Artoo, I am aware that I have not been here before. But I am a protocol droid, and am therefore programmed to understand the customs of over 20 million different civilizations..." Threepio went on.

"You know anything about Itama's?" Han asked, cutting him off.

"I am not particularly versed in the culture of the Itama's sir, they are a very primitive sort. But I must say, that this appears to be an act of friendship on their part." Threepio replied, in his prissy tone.

"Glad you're here to tell us such things!" Kayly said, smirking.

Threepio nodded, and in a droid-like manner, almost nobly replied, "That is what I am here for, mistress Kayly."

Makaella had to stifle a giggle. She turned to Luke. "So what are we supposed to do now? Should we try to thank them?"

Luke shrugged. "I don't know, I wouldn't know where to find them!"

"I don't understand it, we looked for at least an hour and traveled out about 20 kilometers!

5. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
  6. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    The Force seems dead to me."

Luke and Kayly's mouths seemed to drop open. "Wha..." Luke began to say.

Oh my, somebody is really trying to get to her.

Another mystery wonder who the note came from wonders who these new people are. Hmmm very interesting.

I just love that part with 3PO that was very well done.

Sorry, I looked for this story the other day after I printed it out to read later and couldn't find it until tonight. sorry I was so late. You know I'm sure how hard it is sometimes to find a story at times on these fast paced boards.

7. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Thanks so much! I really love to recieve your comments! They really help me to know where my strengths are! :D

Here's some more!

Aryn stood outside on the balcony of his spacious apartment in the Imperial Palace on Coruscant. He had just recently returned home, and had been looking forward to a few weeks of hard earned vacation. But it was not to be. With the destruction of the Death Star, the organization of the Empire was in uproar. There were hundreds of Imperial officers that were demanding explanation. The Emperor was needed back in Imperial City to help calm the commotion the battle of Yavin had created, and Aryn had gone with him. But not as a stormtrooper. He had returned home as himself, though the image of what he would call ?himself' was now somewhat altered. Something had happened while he'd been gone. It was something that had caused him to question who he truly was, inside. He was giving a great deal of thought to things he had never before even thought to question.

He had been raised to believe that the Empire was the legitimate government of the galaxy. Without it, there would be nothing but chaos. The planets and systems that were now a part of the Empire relied on it to remain strong, and firm, and the planets that were not yet a part were standing in the way of its progression. The Empire was a powerful force, and it brought order into what was once a great deal of confusion. It wasn't until his recent trip, that he had realized exactly to what lengths the Empire would go to maintain that order, or control of the galaxy. Though, looking back, Aryn had to admit he was a fool for not realizing it a long time ago.

All around him, small individual transporters whizzed by on their way to their destinations. The city was alive with commotion, but that was the way it had always been. Imperial City never went to sleep, it was the center of the galaxial government, and people came to it in droves. Not to mention the billion or so that lived there on a permanent basis. There was always something going on, some sort of party or big event. Aryn glanced down at his wrist chrono. Already 0100 hours., he thought to himself. He was expected to attend a meeting tomorrow, or more correctly, today at 0700 hours. He knew he should be trying to sleep, but no matter how hard he'd tried, sleep simply would not come. There was too much that was weighing on his mind.

As much as he hated to admit it, there was another thought, beside his newly changing opinions of the Empire, that was keeping him awake at night. Aryn sighed, and leaned over the balcony with his arms resting on the ledge. He tipped his gaze upward, trying to catch a glimpse of the stars. But in Imperial City, it was almost impossible to see the stars at night. There were too many lights and too much pollution. But regardless, he imagined that he could see the stars. He gazed up at them, wondering in which corner of the galaxy Makaella had found herself in. He wondered if she had found the rebellion, and what she was doing at the present moment. More than likely enjoying the rebellion's latest triumph over the Empire., Aryn reminded himself. It was strange to think that they were now on opposing sides of the war.

Aryn shook his head, deciding it was fruitless to spend a great deal of time thinking about her. He would more than likely never see her again. And perhaps if he did, she would hate him anyway. He remembered the disgust in her eyes at the evils of the Empire, especially now that Darth Vader had killed her father. She had asked him to go with her to the rebellion, but Aryn had not had the heart to tell her why that was impossible. If she knew the truth, he was almost certain that anything she had ever felt for him would melt into a deep hatred, and he would rather that she never knew. It was one thing to be parted from her, but quite another to know that somewhere out there she could be hating him.

Aryn frowned as the memory of their last parting came flowing b

8. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
  9. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Opps I did it again, didn't I. Sorry.

I like how you gave us more insight into Aryn. I really like his character.

I like the intereraction between Leia and Kayly.

An excellent post.

10. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Thanks! BTW, I took your advice from a while ago when you said a good plot bunny would be the story of Obi-Wan and Makaella and Kayly's mother. I decided to write it! I posted the first scene already! If you should feel so inclined, it's called... "Finding Balance on Forbidden Paths."

Anyway, on with the current story! :D

Makaella frowned down at her plate of unintelligible food. There was a small pile of green and yellow vegetables, and next to it a blob of some sort of meat smothered in white gravy. She was also given a roll, which would almost be appetizing if it weren't for the fact that it was a bit hard, and slightly doughy in the middle. She had slowly been weaned on the unusual foods from this strange galaxy, but had unfortunately been a bit more used to the finer foods. She had been quite pampered during her stay with the Empire, and it would be hard for her to get used to ruffing it with the rebels.
    Makaella poked at her food for a few moments before deciding it best to simply give it a shot. It would probably be prudent for her to be focusing on the more positive aspects of her joining the rebellion. At least her plate was a little colorful, she thought, smiling to herself as she sampled a bit of the vegetables.

"Great stuff eh?" Kayly said, taking a place next to Makaella at the table.

Makaella smiled with her mouth closed and chewed, then swallowed. Not half as bad as she had imagined. "Sure is! I hope we get to eat this every day!" She said, a little too enthusiastically.

Kayly laughed at that. "Oh don't worry, every meal we eat will be just as great. Even if it's not the same thing."

Makaella smiled. "Well thank heaven for that!"

"You ladies enjoying the cuisine?" Asked a male voice from behind.

Makaella turned to look up and found that the voice belonged to a tall, blue eyed, blonde haired man, dressed in an orange flight suit. He was smiling at her.

"Well, enjoying it might be a slight exaggeration." She admitted.

The man smiled again, and Makaella started to feel a little uncomfortable.

"Excuse me, please allow me to introduce myself, I am Kifan Stiller, X-Wing pilot in the Rebel Alliance." He said, with no small amount of conceit.

"Who would've guessed! You know, Makaella's a pilot herself!" Kayly put in, winking at Makaella.

Makaella blushed then shot Kayly a warning look.

"That so? Why haven't I seen you two around?" He asked, taking a seat next to Makaella.

Makaella stiffened a little. "I'm pretty new to the reb...alliance."

"We both are." Kayly added.

Kifan smiled. "Yeah, I kind of guessed that." He said, winking at Kayly. "So where are you two sisters from?"

Makaella exchanged a nervous glance with Kayly and Kayly gave her a reassuring smile. "We're from Tatooine. Friends of Luke Skywalker." Kayly told him without a flinch.

Makaella was relieved that she seemed to share her need for secrecy.

"Oh, cousins are you?" He asked, prodding a bit.

"Oh no, we're not related to him at all!" Kayly answered him, laughing.

"Oh then perhaps old family friends?" He continued to prod.

Kayly thought for a moment. "Yeah, I guess you could say that."

Kifan took a bite of his food, chewed, and then swallowed. "So you might say he's kind of like a brother to you?" He asked, hopefully.

Kayly pretended to consider, the boy was obviously flirting, and she was certainly on to him. "I wouldn't say that, but he is a good friend of ours."

"That's good, he's a pretty good pilot." He commented.

Makaella nodded. "Yeah, I think the rebellion owes a lot to him for what he did."

"Yes indeed." Kifan said quickly, then apparently decided he needed to get the subject back to another track. "So what is it that you pilot?" He asked, nudging Makaella.

Makaella smiled a little, but felt herself involuntarily stiffen a little more. "Well, I'm actually not a pilot, Kayly was exaggerating."

"Ah come on, there has to be some bit of truth in it." Kifan insiste

11. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh a little romance going on here for Kayla.

Excellent, more mystery and intrigue, romance. All the right combinations. :)

12. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Thanks so much, Crystal! You are my loyalest reader! :D :D

And what do you mean, romance for Kayly???? ;) hmmmm???? >:)

Here's some more! :D (BTW, thanks for checking out the other fic, it was inspired by you ya know? :D )

The Grand Imperial Chamber was buzzing with commotion and Aryn could hear it from outside the door. A great deal of what was being said, did not sound too cheerful. The great leaders in the Empire were all appalled at the Empire's recent loss, and it would not be easy to explain to them the cause. A small weakness that had been overlooked by the Empire's engineers, that had led to the absolute destruction of the Empire, and all those who were onboard at the time. It was a heavy loss, and Aryn found himself thanking the stars that he was not in Emperor Palpatine's shoes at this time. Something like this would not be easily brushed aside.

A loud trump sounded and the doors to the Grand Chamber flew open. Aryn glanced at the Emperor, who stood perfectly still as he waited for his ceremonial entrance.. He was facing forward and dressed in his usual attire, a black hooded robe. If he was nervous at all, he didn't show it, Aryn was not surprised. Palpatine had been Emperor for decades, and had been into politics for most of his professional career. He was without a doubt the most powerful man in the galaxy, so what did he have to fear from a few angry Imperial Military Leaders and Senators? Aryn was quite certain that the assemblage knew this too, and would therefore not be putting up a whole lot of fuss. The Emperor was highly respected among his followers and not to mention, highly feared.

After Palpatine was announced, he, accompanied by the Sith Lord Darth Vader, entered the chamber, following a long succession of his red robed guards, (Aryn among them, disguised as a guard.) The procession entered through a side door and solemnly crossed the room until they reached the podium, and then took up positions on either side. The Imperial Leaders and Senators were all standing at attention as Palpatine slowly made his way to the front, Vader remained at his side as he took the podium. Once he was there, he stood for a moment and allowed his eyes to make a long, calculating scan of the faces of each of the gathered Imperial Leaders. His gaze seemed to linger on some more than others, and it was clear by the looks on their faces that he was making them extremely uncomfortable. Once he had apparently finished meeting the eyes of his men, he removed his hood and opened his mouth to speak.

"You may be seated." He said, and they each took their seats. "I am certain that by now you all know why you have been asked to come. The Empire has recently taken a most terrible loss." Aryn could see his jaw tighten, and could feel anger coming out through his words. "Admittedly, this is not a mistake that could have easily been foreseen, by any everyday engineer. But this is the Imperial Army, and mistakes like this are something I can not tolerate. The Empire is the most powerful force this galaxy has to offer, we will not be made fools by a small ragtag band of rebels. There is only room in this Empire for those who are willing to do what it takes to make sure the Empire succeeds in all that it endeavors. I understand that perfection is something that is unattainable, but in MY Empire, I can not tolerate anything that is less than what it ought to be. I must demand that my people be as close to perfection as is humanly possible. It is the only way for us to succeed."

Applause followed this statement, and Palpatine waited a moment for it to die down. "Those who were responsible for the Death Star's design and neglected weakness, will be taken care of. I assure you that none of the which I have spoken will be around anymore to taint the Empire's good name. Construction of a new Death Star is already in the makings. I will be asking for your best men to be involved in the construction. I will accept none but the best. I am c

13. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Alright, I'm uppin' the thread again! :D

14. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Hmmmm.... up again! ;)

15. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Haven't forgotten you. Just been real busy at work. I've printed it out for this weekend reading.

16. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Yay! Glad you're still around! :D Here's some more! :D

He led him into his private Imperial Chamber. The guards waited outside, as Palpatine and Aryn alone, entered. Inside, the room was dim, and the walls were made of a dark ebony. There was an aisle of red carpet leading to desk of the same black ebony, with the Imperial Crest engraved in Silver on the front. It was a beautiful design, but there was nothing beyond that that hinted at any extravagance. All in all, the room was quite plane. Palpatine found his way to the desk and slowly sat down. Aryn came and stood before him. A sense of foreboding filled him, as he waited for Palpatine to speak.

"Well now, don't look so glum. This is to be a proud day for you." He said, in his usual gravelly voice. As he spoke, a smile played at the corners of his mouth.

Aryn watched him curiously. "It is?"

"Yes...my boy. I have decided... that it is time." Palpatine replied, the meaning of his words not escaping Aryn's understanding.

Aryn felt his stomach drop, as he fought for control. "I...but, are you certain? This is a dangerous time for the Empire. You are going to be quite distracted with preparations."

Palpatine shook his head, and laced his bony decrepit fingers in front of him on his desk. "I have men who can handle those preparations. The thing I am most concerned with now, is that you start along your path. I have begun to see a change in you, and it is a change that I find most disturbing. I am starting to get the inclination that you do not wish to train."

Aryn swallowed hard, and his expression was hard as stone. The Emperor was right, he didn't want this anymore. He didn't know that he ever did, it had been the Emperor's idea from the beginning.

"There is great power in you. It would be a great shame for it to go to waste." He continued, eying Aryn closely. "I have already invested a great amount of time, and effort on you. You have been given much, but where much is given, much is also required."

Aryn's breathing had progressively quickened, and a cold sweat was starting to form around his hairline. He didn't want this.

Palpatine leaned in and his yellow eyes met Aryn's. They were intense and threatening. "You will obey me... You have no choice."

Everything inside Aryn was screaming at him to do something, anything that would distract the Emperor from his plans for him. But there was nothing he could do, he had known from the beginning that this day would come. It had always seemed like so much further into the future, and now it was staring him right in the face. What was he going to do? What would Makaella do? Aryn shook his head. That didn't matter, she was different than he. She had had a choice.

Palpatine was eyeing him and Aryn felt him enter into his mind. Aryn slammed up his defenses, but they were not strong enough to withstand. Suddenly the past month begin to play before his mind. Everything he'd been involved in, every thought, every action and deed...Palpatine was sifting through everything, searching for any sign of betrayal. Aryn knew he had to do something before he was found out. But before he could think, it all stopped, and he was staring into Palpatine's old, yellow eyes again.

Palpatine's eyes, now wizened to Aryn's present thoughts were clouded with anger. "You know what it is I saw." He replied, his voice echoing off the hard walls.

Aryn gulped and for the first time, he hung his head in shame. "I...am sorry my Emperor. I..."

"SILENCE!" Palpatine snapped, slamming his hands on his desk, and then climbing to his feet. He came around the desk and came to stand before Aryn. Aryn immediately fell to his knees, and bowed his head. "I don't know what has brought on these ideas you have in your head. But I can assure you that they will do you no profit. I have been neglectful of your training as of late, and that could very well be the reason for this. There is only one thing that can be done. I have already foreseen

17. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
  18. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    I only have time for a quick read of one update today. Taxes are calling. So you get the one for today.

Both were excellent.

19. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Oooooo! Thanks for the honor of being the only read for the day! :D I feel so special!

20. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Alright, here's the next part, for whenever you're ready! :D

The day was growing cold. The sky was grey, and darkening even more as the minutes passed. Five year old Aryn sat beside the window sill, watching as the people below hurried home to wait out the oncoming storm.

"Aryn, come away from that window!" His mother admonished.

Aryn turned to look at her, and heaved an impatient sigh. "But mother...I'm only watching..."

"You mustn't watch them my love. Someone might see you there." She said, standing a moment to regard her young son, and holding out her hand to beckon him. "Come."

Aryn balled up his fists, and pursed his lips angrily. "Why can't I watch them?! Why can I never see anyone?!"

His mother's soft, blue eyes seemed to soften, and a wave of sadness seemed to pass over her. She slowly came and sat down next to him on the window sill, and she draped her arm about his small shoulders. "I know this has been hard for you." She said softly.

Aryn was instantly contrite, he hadn't meant to make her sad! He just didn't understand why he couldn't go out and play, like all the other kids. He had never been able to. It just wasn't fair! "I'm sorry, momma." He said, his shoulders slumping defeatedly.

"No Aryn, you don't need to be sorry. I know this hasn't been fair for you. I am just trying to make sure you're safe. I don't want anything to happen to you." She said, her blue eyes meeting his own.

"Safe from the bad people?" Aryn asked. He didn't fully understand who the bad people were. He only knew that they were the reason that he and his mother never stayed too long wherever they went. And no matter where they moved to, he was always to stay inside, and never allow anyone to see him.

"This is the only way to keep you safe, my love. For now at least. One day we'll find a place to live, where no one can hurt us, or make us afraid." She said, stroking his head.

"Why are you afraid, mother?" Aryn asked, his eyes wide with concern.

His mother's lips seemed to tremble, but she clenched her jaw, and turned so that she was facing him. Her eyes were so beautiful, but always filled with sadness. But at this moment, they took on a strong resolve. Her long, black hair cascaded down her shoulders as she straightened her small frame and looked upon her young son, who was too young to fully understand. "I am not afraid, my son. I am cautious, but not afraid. Do you know why I am not afraid?" She asked, giving him a smile.

Aryn couldn't help but return it. He always loved the way his mother's face lit up when she smiled. "No, why?"

"Because I know what I'm doing is right. As long as you are on the right path, there is nothing that you can not overcome. There is a saving power for those who choose to do good." As she said this, her entire being seemed to fill with her own sort of light, even as the storm raged outside the small window.

"Really?" Aryn's eyes widened in awe. "How do you know?"

She smiled at him again, and her eyes were filled with the same light. "I know, because I can feel it in my heart." She said, placing her hand over her heart. "There is a warmth there, and whenever I can feel that warmth, that is when I know I have done the right thing."

Aryn was watching her, awestruck as he took his own hand and placed it over his heart. He wanted to feel the warmth too. But he was dismayed to see that he felt nothing but the steady rhythm of his heartbeat. It wasn't warm... "My heart doesn't feel very warm, momma." He said, worriedly.

His mother laughed, lightly and hugged him closer to her. "No, my sweet Aryn. It is not something you can feel through your fingers! It is something you feel inside. It begins with your heart, and then spreads until your whole body tingles."

Aryn smiled and snuggled closer to her, smelling her sweet perfume and resting his head against her. "My heart feels warm now."

She wrapped both her arms around him, and kissed his head. "And so does mine."

21. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
  22. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    UP! Yet again.

23. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Okay today is your day. :)

An excellent post as usual. Also a very emotional one. I like how you express Aryn's emotions and his need to see her again. Job well done.

24. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Thanks! i'll have more up soon!

25. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Hope you're ready cause here's some more! :D

Luke Skywalker awoke the next morning early as usual. He climbed out of his small bunk and headed for the refresher. Once he had showered, he paused briefly in front of the mirror to comb out his hair. He rarely spent a great deal of time getting ready in the morning. He could never understand why anyone could spend a lot of time in the ?fresher. The way he figured it, the sooner he got it done the better. If it had been up to him, he wouldn't have even bothered, but his aunt Beru had always made sure that he at least combed his hair. That was one thing that she had at least been able to impress upon him. At her memory, Luke felt a wave of pain pass over him. It was easy to forget the things that troubled him during the day, when he had work to do, but during the early morning hours, when he was alone with his thoughts, the memory of his Uncle and Aunt often came back to haunt him. Luke shook his head, almost as if to physically shake the memory from his mind, then stepped out of the ?fresher and dressed in a pair of grey pants, and a white t-shirt. Once dressed, he stepped outside of his room and made his way down to the mess hall.

The mess hall was quiet when he reached it. There were a few people scattered about at various ends of the long tables, but it was still early yet for the mess-hall to be filled to it's capacity, as it would in another two hours or so when everyone else awoke. Luke took a plate, and filled it with the usual breakfast rations, then found a seat by himself at the edge of the table. He sat quietly nibbling on the ration sticks, and he was thinking about nothing in particular when...

"Hey, mind if I sit here?" A familiar voice asked from behind.

Luke turned around to see a pretty young woman, with long brown hair and large brown eyes smiling at him. Luke smiled at her in greeting. "Kayly, I wouldn't have expected to see you up this early."

Kayly smiled and took a seat next to him. "Well you know, the early bird gets the worm."

Luke wrinkled his brow. "Alright...if you say so."

Kayly laughed at that. "Sorry, it's an earthly expression I guess."

Luke nodded. "I see. So why are you up this early anyway?"

"What is this? No ?Good morning Kayly, did you sleep well?' No, all's I get is, ?What are you doing up?'"

"Well I don't know why you need to have me tell you to have a good morning for you to have one. And as for how did you sleep? I would imagine you slept about as well as I did, or anyone else on this base for that matter." Luke replied.

Kayly shook her head. "Well if you had asked how I slept, it would have given me the opportunity to tell you why I'm up so early."

"Alright so why are you up?" Luke asked again.

Kayly frowned. "Luke, you just don't get it do you?"

Luke was baffled. Perhaps he was missing something. "Do you want me to ask how you slept or something?"

Kayly laughed, and then shook her head, obviously annoyed. "Just forget it. I got up early because I wanted the chance to talk to you, and I know you always get up this early."

Luke nodded. "Oh, what did you want to talk about?"

"Well, I think you and I need to talk to Makaella. She snuck out of our room last night pretty late, and didn't come back until just a few hours ago." Kayly replied.

"Did she tell you where she went?" Luke asked.

"No, she thought I was asleep." Kayly explained.

"So, where do you think she went?" Luke prodded, he really wished sometimes that girls would learn to just get right to the point instead of hinting around all the time. It would really save on a lot of time and effort.

"It doesn't matter, Luke. I'm worried about her. We haven't had the chance to talk to her lately about the Force. I know she has some things on her mind, and I know it's got to have something to do with her training while with the Emperor and Darth Vader. But she refuses to talk about it. How can we help her unless we can get her to talk about it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.