main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Courting the Darkside - (Inbetween ANH and ESB (Conclusion: Aug.1st!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawan feline, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan feline

padawan feline Jedi Master star 3

May 26, 1999
    Glad you liked that! Thanks as always for reading! Alright, now it's time to throw in a new character into the mix... :D

Emberly breathed a sigh of utter contentment as she slumped into a plush chair inside her apartment on Coruscant. She had just finished with another twelve-hour shift in the Imperial Palace Infirmary, and she did not plan on getting up from the chair for at least another hour. Leaning back against the soft chair's back, she allowed her eyes to close, and took in another deep breath. It felt good to be home.

Her mind began to wander as she was relaxing, and soon she was remembering the days before she had joined the Imperials on Coruscant. Thoughts of her home on Corellia began to swirl through her mind.

The old familiar sounds and smells: mother at home, father at work-he had always been at work; rarely ever home. It was the memory of her mother she remembered the most. Right about now, she imagined, her mother would be puttering around the kitchen preparing the evening meal. Soon the house would be filled with the enticing smells of whatever she had in the oven. When Emberly had gotten older, her mother and she had always done the cooking together; it was their chance to get together and discuss each other's day, or simply to enjoy one another's company. Emberly had learned everything she knew about cooking from her mother.

Emberly's family had always been supporters of the Empire; her father the most avid of all. Each member of her family, and extended family had found a place to serve in the Empire, each in their own area of expertise, and Emberly had been no exception. It had taken her some time to figure out where exactly she could offer her services, as she had little talent in piloting, or soldiering for that matter. She had never been the type to enjoy the heat of battle. She had always been more of a healer, and that was what had helped her to ultimately decide her own area of expertise: healing.

She had left her home on Correllia, only to find herself in the Imperial Palace Infirmary, working on the higher-class Imperial Officers. On occasion, she would treat the lesser-stationed individuals such as stormtroopers.

Stormtroopers...

She found it strange that it had been a stormtrooper whom had actually been the first person in the entire Imperial organization to make her begin to question her own view on the Imperial form of government. She had been raised to believe in Imperial ideals. So what was it that had caused her to rethink these implanted principles? Had it happened when she had spoken to that Stormtrooper? Or had it begun long ago? Perhaps she had never truly believed in the Empire's ways...

Emberly's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of her holo-console beeping. Sighing, she reluctantly got to her feet to answer it. Once she had reached it, and flipped it on, she inwardly groaned when she realized to whom she was speaking.

"Oh good! You are home," said a male's voice that belonged to a handsome, deep brown eyed, brown haired young man.

"Terek," Emberly bit back a smile, "has it been three months already?" she asked, sarcastically.

The little holo of Terek gave her a somewhat embarrassed smile, "Ok, I know it's been a while since we last talked..."

"Oh, not to worry! You are right on schedule," Emberly pointed out. "The last time we spoke it had been the three month mark as well."

Terek was starting to look a little uneasy, and that was pleasing to her to say the least.

"Yeah, I guess I have been keeping myself quite busy," Terek replied. "Sorry about that," he apologized quickly.

She and Terek had gone out for the first time around six months ago. They had actually had a very good time, and she had been looking forward to seeing him again, but she had been sorely disappointed when she hadn't heard from him after the first week after seeing him. She had all but given up any hope on him, when he had finally called her up again, three months later! Somehow, he had talked her into going out with

2. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
  3. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
  4. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I think I am going to like Ember, don't know yet how she fits into the picture yet, but I'm working on that. :D Hmm Terek sounds very familar like a guy I once knew.

I thought this was an excellent post, sorry it took so long for me to reply. I like how you have her reflect on her beliefs and how she came to reflect on her beliefs.

Look forward to the next update and hopefully I will be able to reply sooner. I still need to read/catchup on your other one also.

5. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    I think I am going to like Ember, don't know yet how she fits into the picture yet, but I'm working on that. Hmm Terek sounds very familar like a guy I once knew.

lol! I think at one point we have all had a Terek. ;)

I thought this was an excellent post, sorry it took so long for me to reply. I like how you have her reflect on her beliefs and how she came to reflect on her beliefs.

Thanks, and don't worry about it.

Look forward to the next update and hopefully I will be able to reply sooner. I still need to read/catchup on your other one also.

Awwww seriously? I'm so grateful for your continuing support of this thing, and the other one. I seriously feel lucky that you are even still just reading the things.

I went around and read some of your work as well, I would have posted as such except that a lot of it was short vignette's and they were written a while ago, so it might have seemed random. But you are seriously an amazing author, I was very impressed. You should seriously keep at it woman! :D

Anyway, here's somemore for whenever you're ready... :D

This post involves a kind of vow Kayly made to herself in the first story actually... for a little while I had forgotten it, but as you will of course see, I was reminded of it again... And unfortunately, it is something she will have to resolve before she can ever truly progess.

Later on that night, after Kayly, Luke and Makaella had watched the records of the battle, and after the rest of the day's work, what with training and such, Kayly found herself quite physically, and mentally exhausted. She had just about fallen to sleep the instant she had hit her pillows, and it hadn't taken long after that for her sleep to be filled with the haunting visions of her fairly recent past...

Kayly had turned to look at the man sitting next to her, the man she had known to be her biological father. Their eyes met and Kayly smiled, somewhat shyly. She felt silly expressing emotion to someone who was practically a stranger. But...at the same time she already felt close to the man.

He returned her smile. "Are you going to be alright?" he whispered.

Kayly bit her lip. "I'm worried about you." she admitted.

He placed his hand on her shoulder. "There is nothing you need fear for me. I'm an old man, and I've had a full life."

Kayly nodded, eyeing him carefully. "You be careful, alright? Now that I've found you, I don't want to lose you!"

There was a long pause. "I can not say what will happen before we leave this ship," he said slowly. "But I do know that the Force is with us. With the Force as your ally, you cannot fail. It is a powerful ally, and I want you to learn as much as you can."

Kayly nodded. "I will. Because I'll have the best teacher," she winked at him.

He smiled at that, and Kayly couldn't help but notice a wave of sadness cross over his face. He pulled her close to him in their first embrace since realizing how they were connected. Kayly could hear men outside, and then the sound of the landing ramp being lowered. She could hear them talking and she held her breath. She noticed Luke giving them a curious look as he and Han began to prepare themselves for what was happening next.

Kayly smiled, realizing how odd it must seem to him that she and Ben were already so close. She'd tell him all about it, when things finally slowed down, and she had the time. In the mean time, she would have to wait.

As they began crawling out of the opening, Kayly turned to Ben, and on impulse blurted.. "I love you!" Ben looked at her, and his lips stretched into a big grin. "I love you too Kayly. And remember, the Force will be with you, always."

The words continued to echo in her mind as she twisted and turned in her sleep... the words had been meant to bring her comfort, but now they were nothing to her but a taunting echo of the past...

As soon as they had entered hyperspace, Luke turned to Kayly. "Next time we infiltrate a ship, stay on the Falcon!"

Kayly lifted her chin.

6. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    I think this was an excellent post that was needed. The fact about how she feels regarding DV and her father and how she feels towards her sister M. needed to be bought out. The fact that the sisters don't talk about Ben to each other was an excellent point and it was putting a low wall between them. M pointing out about the darkness settling over K was a very good point for her to make.. All the anger she feels reminds me of Anakin and some of Luke from the movies. That angry is going to get her into trouble if she doesn't learn and listen to others.

The scene where she sees herself standing up to DV sent chills down my spine for it reminded me of the scene in ESB with Luke facing Dv in the tree for some reason and seeing a reflection of himself. It really is amazing how much like Luke she is.

I knew that there was some jealously on M's part. Its only nature there would be with K knowing Ben but not M knowing him.

I ju;st hope that K's listens. :)

7. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    CrystalKenobi posted:

I think this was an excellent post that was needed. The fact about how she feels regarding DV and her father and how she feels towards her sister M. needed to be bought out. The fact that the sisters don't talk about Ben to each other was an excellent point and it was putting a low wall between them. M pointing out about the darkness settling over K was a very good point for her to make.. All the anger she feels reminds me of Anakin and some of Luke from the movies. That angry is going to get her into trouble if she doesn't learn and listen to others.

Very insiteful point you have made. I hadn't realized how much Kayly is like Anakin, in that way. Thanks for that!

The scene where she sees herself standing up to DV sent chills down my spine for it reminded me of the scene in ESB with Luke facing Dv in the tree for some reason and seeing a reflection of himself. It really is amazing how much like Luke she is.

Another thing I didn't really notice... lol. But very true as well.

I knew that there was some jealously on M's part. Its only nature there would be with K knowing Ben but not M knowing him.

I ju;st hope that K's listens.

Yes... in a perfect world, we would all listen to one another's advice... ;) :D But you'll just have to see whether or not she can listen to reason.

Thanks as always for reading, Crystal Kenobi! :D

Here's some more again!

"Do you know what this is, Aryn?" the man whom he had come to know as his father asked. He was holding a metallic cylinder out in front of him.

Thirteen-year-old Aryn eyed the object with wide eyed curiousity. He thought he recognized it, but he could not be sure. "No, father," he finally replied, "I don't think I do."

His father raised a warning finger, "Master, Aryn, you must call me Master. Never father," he admonished with a very serious tone.

Aryn flinched. "Yes, Master," he quickly corrected himself, his blue eyes growing slightly wider.

His father's eyes locked with his for a few moments longer before he went on, seeming satisfied. "This," he held the cylinder out for Aryn to hold, "is a lightsaber. Do you know what it is used for?"

Aryn held the cylinder in his small hand, watching it catch the light. It was a dark metal, and it was decorated with what appeared to be lightening bolts. It was a little heavy to hold, but he did not want to put it down. The thing... the lightsaber had already managed to captivate him. He looked up at his father...no...Master and shook his head, his eyes wide with curiosity. "What does it do?"

His father knelt before him. "It is a weapon, Aryn. The weapon of the most powerful of all warriors," he explained.

Aryn's eyes grew even wider as he looked down at the object he held in his hand. He began to study it more carefully now, and upon closer inspection, he noticed a silver butten on it's side.

"Yes... Aryn," his father murmured, watching Aryn's curiosity with pleasure. "Go ahead," he encouraged, "turn it on."

Aryn couldn't believe his father would let him hold such a powerful weapon. His mother never would have let him anywhere near something like this. With his eyes alive with excitement, he flipped the button.

In an instant, a brilliant red laser shot out of one end of the cylinder. No, not a laser... a blade of some sort. A blade made up entirely of light. His mouth had dropped open and formed a large ?O' shape. "Whoa..." was all he could manage to say.

His father was watching him closely. "It is an elegant weapon, one that is meant to be weilded by one who is very powerful."

Aryn nodded, his eyes still fixed on the vibrant blade. He began to move it back and forth, and was almost hypnotized by its brilliance.

"Do you know what sort of warrior it is that I speak?" his father asked.

Aryn shook his head, somewhat dazedly, He was still not willing to pry his eyes away from the lightsaber.

"They are known as the Sith," his father replied, "do you know what the Force is,

8. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
  9. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh that was a powerful post with the dream of when he first sees a lightsaber and I like how you used the decorated signs of the lighting to me it symbolizes not only the sith but Papatine when he used the lighting in ROJ.

Oh and it was so sad to see him says he missed his father and to have the father think its weakness and the part about always having to call him master instead of father. But it fits with the master character. I wonder if we will learn who his mother was etc.

I think DV was a subsitute until his son was ready to become his second in command.

Opps someone knows that Aryn is up to something. [face_shocked]

And I wonder what the emperor wants. Hmmm gets better and better. :)

Keep up the good work. Look forward to seeing another post when you can.

10. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    CrystalKenobi Posted:

Oh that was a powerful post with the dream of when he first sees a lightsaber and I like how you used the decorated signs of the lighting to me it symbolizes not only the sith but Papatine when he used the lighting in ROJ.

Thanks! It stumped me for a minute to think of what sort of markings would be on a Sith's lightsaber. But I figured, just as you pointed out that lightening bolts would be appropriate because of Palpy's use of them in ROTJ.

Oh and it was so sad to see him says he missed his father and to have the father think its weakness and the part about always having to call him master instead of father. But it fits with the master character. I wonder if we will learn who his mother was etc.

I almost wish I could give Palpy a heart. It makes it hard because we all know he's as cold as ice. And about his mother, I've been throwing a few tid bits here and there and I will continue to do so, so keep watching for it.

I think DV was a subsitute until his son was ready to become his second in command.

That's the way I view it as well.

Opps someone knows that Aryn is up to something. [face_shocked]

Yes indeed, and you'll never guess who... (you won't have to wait long to know though. ;) )

And I wonder what the emperor wants. Hmmm gets better and better.

I think you might like what it is he wants... depends on how closely you pay attention to details. I have this posted a bit further on another website, and they have yet to figure things out that I thought had been obvious. I'll tell you one thing though, something that helps is to read the other story as well, 'Finding Balance on Forbidden Paths,' as the two stories corelate.

Keep up the good work. Look forward to seeing another post when you can.

Thanks so much for your continuing support. Here's some more when you're ready to read it! :D (This one's pretty long, but full of Aryn-goodness! ;) :D )

Once outside of Imperial Palace, Aryn found the nearest transport station to the Myean Hotel. During the ten minute ride, Aryn had received more than a few curious glances from the other passengers. The people did not seem to be used to seeing an Admiral dressed in full uniform, riding the usual public transport systems, and it caused some of them to be wary of him. As a result of this, Aryn had had the entire back few rows of seats to himself throughout the short ride. He'd felt a little guilty when he saw that women and even elderly people and creatures were choosing to stand rather than to go near him.

Ten minutes after boarding, Aryn was stepping off the transport's small steps and onto the city street just a block away from the Myean Hotel. Aryn pretended not to notice the many faces that watched him from the transport's windows as it zipped away to its next stop. Without giving the stares any more thought, Aryn smiled as he strolled along the metallic side walk, and nodded short greetings to the people he passed. Heads continued to turn, and soon a small walkway was formed as the walking crowd of city dwellers paused to let him by. Aryn was really beginning to wish he'd had the foresight to change into street clothes before heading out into the city. But it was a little late for that he supposed...

Or was it?

Aryn paused in front of a clothing store, and hastily disappeared inside. He reappeared a few minutes later dressed in a casual pair of grey slacks, and a light green t-shirt- a muscle t-shirt as the sales lady had called it. Satisfied, he continued along the side walk for a few more blocks, this time managing to blend in a little better with the crowds.

Soon Aryn was ascending the concrete steps that led to the Myean Hotel entrance, and he pushed his way inside the revolving doors, and then cautiously stepped inside the Hotel's lobby.

Inside the hotel doors, people were milling about, some carrying large suitcases or small bags. There was a large desk at the far end where a line of people were being checked

11. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    And more...

The next morning, Makaella awoke to find herself alone in her dormitory. She scrunched her eyes shut tight, doing her best to block the light from her vision, but being unable to do so, she opened them. Yawning, she swept her feet over the edge of her bed and stretched out her arms, and then her legs. From outside her window, Makaella could see that the sun had risen hours ago. Makaella slipped on her slippers and stepped to the window, and gazed out at the world around her. The sky was a perfect pristine blue, and only tiny wisps of clouds could be seen, but a ways off in the distance. The grass was green and blowing gracefully in the soft breeze, and the trees swayed lazily to the beat that the wind provided. It all seemed so peaceful. Makaella breathed in a deep breath. It was strange to think that somewhere, out beyond this world lay a galaxy filled with turmoil. Makaella frowned. Or perhaps not so far out of this world. The turmoil also dwelled within.

There was something within her, a growing fear of what was to come. She had been feeling it coming, everyday a little closer.

Makaella leaned on the window ledge, and opened the window to allow the cool, fresh breeze in. She closed her eyes, and for a moment she found herself somewhere far away from this world,. away from this galaxy... somewhere where no one could come to hurt her, or make her afraid. All at once she was sitting in the peaceful, grassy park near her home in Idaho. She could hear the birds softly chirping, and the kids playing at the playground. It would be around Spring right now, back home. The snows would finally have melted, and the leaves on the trees would be just beginning to bud. The air would be crisp and young, and the whole world would be full of a new promise. Everyone could feel the new spring in their step. A renewed energy. One might even call it, a new hope.

? "The rebels will pay... it will be happening soon..." A distorted voice echoed through her mind.

Makaella's eyes snapped open, forcing her back into the reality that lay before her. The fear within her returned almost immediately, and she had to turn away from the window. Perhaps it was not so beautiful a day after all.

Makaella paused and bit her lip. Perhaps it would really not do her well to be dwelling upon the past. Reality was that she was far from home, and would likely never be able to return. She had a new home now, with the Alliance. She had a sister, whom she loved dearly, and friends who were close enough to be family. She smiled. She really was lucky to be here with them, no matter the sacrifice it took to get her here. This really was where she belonged now.

With that thought fresh in her mind, Makaella headed to the refresher to shower and get herself ready for the day. The Itama celebration would be taking place tonight, but there was still at least a half days worth of work and training she could get in before it began.

12. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
  13. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
  14. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
  15. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
  16. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Sorry it took so long. After the pm I sent you my nephew had surgery on his head. He has something on it that the doctors don't know what it is and they cut some of it off to have some tests run and we are waiting on the results and he may have to have more surgery. So things have been stressed out around here.

Okay onto comments now.

I like how you have everyone stareing at Aryn in his full dress uniform and then having him change clothes. The imgage was very nice also. :D

The part with the kids was a very nice touch. I like how he thinks how lucky that family was. You did a good job in the characterztion of the children also. The temper tantum was a nice touch.

Oh I love the next scene. The medic's memory. That could get him into trouble. But it looks like it could be his lucky day, even though she knows things about him. I like her name too. :) I like a mysterious man, and I think she will like him also. I also think that maybe Makaella may not end up with him, now she may have competition, but Ember could also become just a very good friend. Hmmm shall think on this.

It was a good idea to put in the flashback to his conversation with Makaella. Helps I think to draw home so to speak how he came about his thinking etc.

I like how Makaella refects on earth home and how she comes to the conculsion that this is her home now.

Excellent job on the whole thing. Next installment please. :)

17. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Man, it sounds like you need a break in the tragedy department! I am sorry to hear about all that has been happening. But it sounds like you are keeping a good attitude, and that can make all the difference about how it will effect you.

Thanks so much for being such a loyal reader! :D

Here's some more-

A small anguished cry echoed throughout the chamber, and a deep and sickening feeling could be felt within each of the military personnel who were present. It was the sort of duty that none of them relished, and would likely haunt them for the rest of their existence. There was simply a part of each of them that knew it was wrong. It was an imprinted principle that existed in every living soul... never harm the innocent.

It took all the strength Commander Ghirstad had in him not to look away as the tiny body continued to cry out in sheer and uncontrollable pain. It was like watching a child... Ghirstad shook his head, deciding it best not to think of it in that way. He could not allow his feelings to show. His men depended on him, and he could not afford to let them see any amount of weakness in him.

Suddenly, the screaming stopped, and all eyes fell on the small, mangled body. The torture had been stopped, and now it was time to see if it was ready to break. Ghirstad silently prayed that it would.

Ghirstad cleared his throat. "Is it enough yet? Are you ready to give us what we ask?"

The small creature did not move.

Ghirstad came a little closer, and could not help but soften his tone. "You have born this burden of torture most heroicly, but do you not see that you have born it needlessly?"

Again, there was no response. Not so much as a wimper escaped the small form.

Ghirstad was beginning to worry that the creature really had finally had enough... when...

"Itama's are not slaves," a small muffled voice replied.

Ghirstad drew in a deep breath. "Then you yet refuse to aid the Empire?"

The small creature slowly lifted its small frame with its arms, and managed to pull itself into a sitting position. It's large, weary brown eyes met that of Ghirstad, and something seemed to pass between them. The room was very silent, and all eyes were now on the small Itama creature. But its eyes had not left that of Ghirstad. The creature would not give in: Ghirstad was certain of this, it would rather give its life.

"Itger will not be a slave of the Empire," the creature replied in its strange dialect.

Ghirstad nodded slowly. He knew then that it was hopeless to continue. He would have to report now to the Admiral. He could only hope that the Admiral would consider him valuable enough to not destroy him as a result.

Aryn paused just outside the Emperor's chamber before entering. He was not sure what this meeting was about. Within the chamber, Aryn could not feel anything that would bring him cause for alarm, though he did know that the Emperor was waiting inside the doors, and he already knew that Aryn had arrived. Without any further hesitation, Aryn nodded to the door guard and soon the door slid open. He stepped inside, and as the door closed behind him, he strode up the red carpet leading to the Emperor's throne.

The Emperor, clad in black robes was perched on the throne, watching his every move as he approached, and then bowed just before the base of the throne's platform.

"You're a little early, aren't you?" his gravely voice asked from underneath the dark hood.

Aryn glanced up at the Emperor. "Yes, is that a problem?"

Palpatine shook his head slowly. "No, not a problem. Simply an observation. Do you know why I have asked you to come?" he asked.

Aryn was certain the Emperor already knew the answer to his question, but he decided to go along with whatever sort of game he was now playing. "No, Master I do not."

The corners of Palpatine's mouth twitched. "So you have gone back to addressing me as Master then, I see."

During their last meeting, Aryn had used the term, ?Father,' rather than call him what he had al

18. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
  19. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    That was a um....attempt!

20. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Lunetta-

Hey, who invited you in here anyway? ;)

21. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Thought I'd break up your party ;)

22. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    My Lukie picture is cuter than yours. :p

23. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    No way! MY Lukie picture is when he's almost saying something to Han in ESB and that's one of hte cutest Lukie facesin the entire series!!!

24. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Today you get the rest of my lunch time. :D

I think you handled the torture scene pretty well, not a lot of details, just enough that we know what was going on and to let our imaginations run their course. That is one very strong/brave Itama.

Now depending on which Admiral Ghristad was referring to I probably would be shaking in my boots.

I agree with Aryn I don't like the looks of this either trying to find weapons and all. Looks like Palpatine is going to see how loyal Aryn really is. I wonder if he suspects Aryn. And I would pick my own crew also, I wouldn't let Palpatine do it.

Excellent new mystery here also with this fleet.

Good job.

Next installment please. :)

25. padawan feline

May 26, 1999

CrystalKenobi

Today you get the rest of my lunch time.

I think you handled the torture scene pretty well, not a lot of details, just enough that we know what was going on and to let our imaginations run their course. That is one very strong/brave Itama.

Hehe, thanks!

Now depending on which Admiral Ghristad was referring to I probably would be shaking in my boots.

Me too! EEP!!!

I agree with Aryn I don't like the looks of this either trying to find weapons and all. Looks like Palpatine is going to see how loyal Aryn really is. I wonder if he suspects Aryn. And I would pick my own crew also, I wouldn't let Palpatine do it.

Yeah, Aryn is trying to play it smart here.

Excellent new mystery here also with this fleet.

Good job.

Next installment please.

Thank-you so much! You are too nice to me, seriously! I hope everything is going ok for you, and that no other terrible disasters have suddenly come up! You poor thing!

Here is some more story for ya, when you are ready! :D

The work day seemed to pass very quickly, and all too soon Makaella and Kayly found themselves in Leia's suite, trying on her various gowns and working out different styles in their hair. Kayly had finally decided on a soft, periwinkle blue dress, with a skirt that was shiny, and covered with a shimmery over-skirt. The collar was scooped, and the waist was fitted. The dress had been made to fit Leia's petite frame, and was therefore slightly shorter than Kayly would have liked. She was only slightly taller than Leia, though only by a an inch or two, but somehow it still seemed to matter. She had thus compromised the height of the dress by choosing flat shoes, so that the skirt still touched the floor when she walked.

Makaella had decided upon a midnight-blue, velvet dress that was fitted, but also stretchy. The dress hugged the curves of her body, but still allowed for plenty of movement. On the dress, a pattern of shooting stars embroidered in silver crossed from just below her right shoulder to her left hip. She had opted to wear flat shoes as well.

Leia had decided upon a wispy, sea-green dress, with a soft taffeta skirt that flowed gracefully to the floor. It was short sleeved, and had a squared off neckline. She had her hair pulled up into a sort of french twist, that ended on top with barrel curls.

She had been working on Kayly's hair for about fifteen minutes and she had already pulled half of her hair up into a thick bun, and was curling the rest of it into ringlets. Makaella sat watching them from the foot of Leia's bed. "I am almost finished with Kayly," Leia replied, glancing at Makaella through the mirror's reflection. "Have you decided how you would like to have your hair done?"

Makaella shrugged. "Nothing too fancy. I don't really have anyone I need to impress."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Kayly asked.

"Well I already feel too dressed up wearing this dress! This is only an Itama celebration you know, not Prom!" Makaella pointed out.

Kayly poked out her tongue. "Oh come on! It's fun to have an excuse to get all dressed up. Admit it, you feel pretty!"

Makaella and Leia laughed. "This is actually something I'm quite used to. But I don't usually help others do their hair and get ready. So it makes it fun for me as well," Leia replied.

Being a Princess, Makaella could only imagine that Leia would be used to this sort of dress. But to her, it still seemed like a bit much. But, she did have to admit that it was a nice change from the usual boring life they'd gotten used to on the base. Tonight would be a welcome break.

"Did Kifan talk to you at all today, Makaella?" Kayly asked.

Makaella shook her head. "No, I have not seen him."

"Well that's surprising! I thought for sure he would have asked to escort you by now!" Kayly said, tilting her head as Leia moved to begin curling the next section of her hair.

Makaella was ashamed to admit that she had also been expecting something along those s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.