main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga Cozy Morning Cocao (Garm Bel Iblis, Sabe) - Holdiday Trope challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brodiew, Dec 5, 2020.

1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Title: Cozy Morning Cocoa
    Author: broidew
    Characters: Sabe, Garm Bel Iblis
    Genre: romance
    A/N: This ficlet is for the Holiday Tropes Challenge! It also vaguely refers to a fic I wrote ages ago, In the Pale Moonlight.

Cozy Morning Cocoa

Sabe Inis Pedar was not unfamiliar with extravagant residences. She had been the number one handmaiden to Queen Padme Amidala of Naboo. Though technically a servant, she had the Queen had been more like sisters than anything else. She was used to palaces and country estates and even secret hideaways that no one outside of the queen's inner circle, knew anything about. But those days were over. Her time as body guard and confidant were a thing of the past. Padme was dead, the Jedi were gone as well, and, of all things, Sabe had found a lover in the form of brash Corellian Senator named Garm Bel Iblis. She never imagined loving someone like him, but The Force had a way of showing a different path if one if open enough to see it.

Leaving Garm in bed and pulling on her plaid flannel pajamas, which had been discarded on the floor, Sabe left the small wood paneled bedroom and entered the kitchen, which was part of the large open floor plan of the Chalet, including a vaulted ceiling, a wall of windows, hand made couches an chairs, and a beautiful fire place that was just as decorative as it was used for heat. It took her only moments to pull a mug from the cabinet and make hot chocolate. Warming her hands with the mug, a taking a moment to breathe in the sweet aroma of the cocoa, she left kitchen and walked toward the large hearth where workable embers smoldered and begged for a a couple of more logs. Setting her cocoa aside, she took three logs from the wicker basket to her right and strategically arranged them on the coals. New fire streaked around the dry wood and Sabe smiled at the light and heat that warmed her.

Retrieving her mug, Sabe moved from the hearth to a couch adjacent to it. Stacked next to it ,and at couch arm height, was a stack of blankets. She drew one from the top and pulled over her legs and waist as she savored the taste of her festive beverage. The only thing missing from her hot chocolate was a candy cane. When had she become so Bourgeoisie? Regardless, she would tell Garm that the peppermint sticks were a necessity for her piece of mind.

Turning her attention from the fire, she took in the snow through the wall of windows. She could, and couldn't, wait to get out there. As much as she hated being cold, she loved the snow. Quite a dichotomy.

“Did you make any for me?” Garm said as he entered the great room. His long brown hair was loose about his shoulders a tad unkempt, but he had just gotten out of bed. He was wearing a dark blue bathrobe, pulled tightly and tied with a knot.

“No,” she replied, affectionately. “I expected you to sleep longer. I wouldn't want it to go cold on you.”

“Cold is exactly what I was s soon as you left the bed,” he said with love, bending over and kissing her on the cheek. “Am I intruding on your private time?”

“Of course not, Garm,” she replied, truthfully. “But this place is wonderful. So peaceful. I could stay her forever.”

“The winters in this province are especially brutal,” he said with a wink. “I wouldn't want you to freeze.”

“It might be cold outside, but with the furnace and a fire, it is far from cold in here,” she replied.

“Ah, Lady,” Garm began as if starting a speech on the senate floor. “It is my heart that grows colder every minute I am away from you.”

“So much bluster,” she said waving him off, as a blush rose in her cheeks. She was still getting used to his genuine love and affection for her. She had never considered a man could love her. Her lot in life had been to appear as and perhaps even dies a look a like for her queen. She had never regretted that lot. In fact she held her service to Padme in great esteem. However, she was never allowed, or allowed herself to be herself; to be Sabe. Her time with Garm had been liberating not just in that he was in love with her, but that he encouraged her to explore who she was.

He sat next to her on the couch and placed a hand on her blanket covered leg, the other gently around her shoulders, careful not to cause her drink to spill. “I reserve all my hot air for politicking. When it comes to you, Sabe, I speak only truth. Can you guess what the truth is right this moment?”

“I'm sure you're going to tell me?” she said, taking a sip from her mug and peering at him over its brim.

“You are just as sexy in those flannel Pjs as you are out of them. I'm tempted to grab your wool hat off the rack, put it on you, and start kissing you until you beg me to stop.”

“Who says I would beg you to stop?” she said, raising an eyebrow and leering at him.

“An offer like that is one I would rarely refuse, but we've got things to do. Skiing, lunch at the plaza, shopping til you're dropping or something like that. One of those phrases the youth use today.”

“Shop til you drop,” she said with a chuckle. “Don't hurt yourself trying to be relevant to the youth.”

Leaning over, he kissed her on the lips and rose. “As you wish.”

She watched as he walked over to the kitchen. “I'm almost still a youth myself.”

“Sabe, you really must stop with that,” he said, disappointment lacing his voice. “You are a woman and, though I am a few years older than you, that does not make us any less legitimate.”

“Oh but you are an easy target, Bel Iblis,” she laughed, rising and letting the white blanket fall from her hips. She placed her mug on the stack a quilts. She sashayed toward him, unbuttoning the flannel top. By the time she reached him, the top hung open exposing her tight abs and ribs and hip bone which rose of over the edge of the cinched bottoms. “Are you sure the stuff you have planned can't wait for just a little while. This woman needs more of your attention.”

Turning from the kettle he had just put on the burner, he snaked his hands around her waist and pulled her into a passionate kiss. Her hands were on his chest inside the robe, roaming and massaging his pectorals.

“It appears I won't need this cocoa to warm me up, either,” he said, turning off the burner, taking her by the hand, and leading her back to the bedroom.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEE! SQUEE! I never even imagined these two as a couple but you make it work splendidly. Sweet, literally and otherwise. ;)

AzureAngel2, Kahara and brodiew like this.
  3. amidalachick

amidalachick Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Oh, what a warm, sweet, trope-y fic! :) And it's nice to see Sabé!

I love your description here. I could picture it so clearly, and it's such a cozy setting.

And I really love these lines! I love the idea of Sabé getting to figure out who she is, and Garm supporting her in that journey.

Wonderful job on this! =D=

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The Fanfic Manager With The Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Don't mind me, coming in months late to catch up on my reviews. [face_blush] But I had to tell you just how much I smiled for this vignette when it was first posted. This is definitely a rare!pair, but one that I love for its potential. Hey, both Sabé and Garm deserve all the happiness, so why not together? :p

Ha! I loved their banter - and how easily Garm is able to fluster her. Sabé is usually so composed and in control, but here she's out of her element. Her introspection about her life of duty and service as opposed to her personal life felt spot on for her character. Her allowing herself to live and love opens up a whole new world for her now - and Garm too. [face_love]

Above all else, I appreciated just how cozy this fic was. The entire scene was beautifully described, and you managed to establish such a warm atmosphere and ambiance. In more ways than one. ;)

Fantastic job with that! Thanks for sharing. [face_love] =D=

AzureAngel2 and brodiew like this.
  5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    When you posted this delicious fan fic, dear @brodiew, it was actually the Dutch "Sinterklaasavond" (= the evening of Saint Nikolaas). Also called "pakjesavond" (= the evening of gifts). Right, @earlybird-obi-wan?!? Since my husband, DarthUncle (a Dutch person like the bird) had to spend it alone with me in Germany in the midst of a pandemic, I did not comment on it back then. I was busy trying to follow Dutch traditions for that particular event, even though it was the first time in ages we did not have guests to celebrate with us.

Instead of writing a comment on this gem here, I wrote poems in a language that is not my own, but my third language. Instead of giving you the feedback you deserve, I tried to get hold of Dutch family members and various friends via social media and calls to give my husband a feeling of still belonging. Despite of being utterly cut off from the world since Covid-19 took over and he is a transplant patient.

But there was indeed chocolate that evening. Like in your story that I read back then on my mobile phone. (When you mix 1/2 litres of milk, add cocoa powder and heat the mix, you need to put half a package of mint chocolate into it, you have the most wonderful winter drink imaginable!)

Anyway, you mixing Garm Bel Iblis and Sabé is indeed sweet like chocolat chaud. They fit together so perfectly, complementing each other. Amazing that nobody ever thought of such a match before. (Okay, it´s a legends character meeting a canon one who is now deeply involved with the Amidalans in certain SW comic books...)

Not only have you written something very sexual and sensual here, but you managed to give Sabé some happy ending. Great, great work here! @};-@};-

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.