main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Crackers Don't Matter: The Farscape Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 4, 2006.

1. Yo_Raja

Yo_Raja Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2006
    I've just watched Out of Their Minds and it totally made my day (and today, it means something). And yeah Kyle Katarn, I hear it's only getting more, um, frelled up after season 2. Can't wait for that :D

I'm browsing through Farscape trivia now, and it turns out that Claudia Black was the voice of the Rachni Envoy in Mass Effect 2. Funny, as that storyline is a total ripoff of Exodus from Genesis.

2. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    She was also the voice actor of Admiral Daro'Xen in ME2 as well.

...and Morrigan in DAO.

3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    If you like Farscape you should try Lexx. It's waaaayy weirder.

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Farscape is better than Firefly imo..

Sci-fi, or SyFy as they call it now has a bad habit of killing great shows only to replace them with wrestling and lame ghost hunting shows. Face Off is cool though.

5. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    One of the best :D

Chiana annoyed me at first too, but her character improves. With her sex drive, it's hard to remember that she's still really young and was abused, which makes her more naive at times.

I never completely warmed up to Rygel but he is entertaining.
    The Jim Hensen company is phenomenal.

6. Yoda_S

Yoda_S Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 1999
    One of my favorite shows ever. I think I'm going to make some time in my schedule to watch it all the way through again soon.

7. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    That is on netflix. I have been thinking about giving it a shot.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    EDIT- Redirection notice no longer required.

10. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I always wondered how much distance Moya covered in a starburst.

11. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    You could've merged that thread into this one to prevent losing the flow. :p

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Honestly, I've never used the merge function on mobile and didn't want to screw anything up with a legacy thread.

13. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Really? You couldn't have just let the other thread remain open and let it keep its flow and left this one where it was?

Rosslcopter and Bacon164 like this.
  14. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Are people really expected to look back three years before making a new thread? All you really did just now is kill a lively discussion while attempting to revive a dead one.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    We've always tried to redirect duplicate threads in Amph/SFAF to the existing threads (though obviously there was some overlap since the merger). Otherwise you're just making it harder for people to find a to post in about a subject down the road if they come across multiple active threads and then you're just splitting the conversation, which kind of the defeats the purpose of this place..

(Plus, why wouldn't you want the thread with the discussion linking back to when at least part of the show was on the air?)

And, no, we don't expect people to go back an unreasonable amount of time if a thread has been inactive for that long. I didn't pull a random thread from the archives ona whim- it was one of the major threads we had already moved over when we first established the merged forum. It was only a few pages back on the Amph filter.

Now, granted, the lack of a proper Index for the Amp threads is a factor, but mods can still catch the ones that we can to keep the place organized. I hope to get a rudimentary one put together sometime soon.

16. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    YOU ARE A TYRANT! STOP OPPRESSING US!

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh hush. :p

Now that I'm on my home terminal I've gone and merged the threads so sorry if my initial bandaid revealed too much of our behind the scenes magic. ]-}

Far enough to get away, but only for a few episodes. ;)

Lexx was insanely weird- and I only ever really caught the 3rd and 4th seasons with a random episode or two from the second season. That third season was really good though...

About ten years ago when I was getting some friends into a few shows to marathon through with them (24 got them into the marathon habit, then I went to B5 and Farscape and, later, Stargate, BSG and Doctor Who) I always kind of framed the sci-fi spectrum as Lexx on one end, representing the strange and campy, and B5 on the other end representing the serious space opera.

On such a scale I always described Farscape as being in the middle of that spectrum.

(of course, such a concept became more nuanced as content like BSG began to establish an even more serious end of the scale beyond B5, etc)

18. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    But there weren't multiple active threads when Raja started her topic. There wasn't one. It doesn't make any sense to me to try and invigorate a discussion about a TV show long off the air into one that was discussing what was currently on the air. Again, I understand your logic here in that this is how things have operated in the past, but I think bumping dead threads created long before the move while locking new topics created long after the move is going to hurt forum discussion (and ultimately forum growth) more than it will help it.

edit - i guess this isn't really relevant now that the topics have been merged. sorry for derailing, guys.

19. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I know that much. ;) I'm talking about rough distance figures.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    JoinTheSchwarz and Juliet316 like this.
  21. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    It'd better be with with the Original Cast and not a reboot!

*Does cautious Numfar dance of joy*

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's said to be a sequel focusing on Crichton's son following the events of the comics when he's 19.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  24. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Rygel will have to be handled differently due to Jonathan Hardy's passing a year or two ago.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh? I didn't hear he passed away (or, at least, I don't believe I have). That's a shame.