main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Creatures/Monsters of EP 8 and 9 Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by thejeditraitor, Apr 18, 2016.

1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    space horse!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also though of something last night.

ep 1 eopie = camel gungan creatures = dinosaur?

ep 2 reek = bull

ep 3 varactyl = horse?

ep 4 bantha/dewback = elephant

ep 5 tauntaun = ostrich?

ep 6 ? ewoks had some beasts of burden that were cut from the film. Bordok - Wookieepedia - Wikia

ep 7 luggabeats = cow/steer? happabore = pig

ep 8 space horse = giraffe!

whostheBossk and Jaxxon- like this.
  2. Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 9, 2016
    I was thinking that Snoke has his own ship. But the ship itself is not a normal FO ship. It is something older, more distinct. He has lived out of it for years. It is run by a skeleton crew of droids. But Snoke has grown a little forest on board. The forest has some dangerous predators lurking around like tigers. Maybe even Nexu.

I guess you could call them Snoke's pets. In Episode 9 the final battle would involve Rey and Kylo teaming up and fighting Snoke. Snoke would use the Nexu to help him.

3. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    i'd like to see snoke with a pet.

4. Thorin Oakenshield

Feb 9, 2016
    Like an old school Bond villian

thejeditraitor likes this.
  5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    A bit more like this?

[​IMG]

6. Thorin Oakenshield

Feb 9, 2016
    Very cool. A lot like that. But with a forest onboard. I always though a forest inside a starship would be cool. It would show Snoke is old, having grown the forest himself. The final battle will start in his throne room and move into the forest. While Snoke and kylo fight,the beasts attack Rey forcing her to fight them off.

7. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    The forest idea sounds cool. I'm not sure I could actually see it happening, but cool nonetheless.

Thorin Oakenshield likes this.
  8. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003

Sounds like Silent Running, starring.... wait for the Episode VIII connection...... Bruce Dern, father of Laura. If you haven't seen Silent Running, do so.

9. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    I think it would be cool if there were some sort of dark side powered creatures in 8. Perhaps they could be used as mounts by the Knights of Ren. I know there were some creatures in Legends that fed off dark side energy or something. Would be a unique spin on creatures in a Star Wars movie. :)

10. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    Here's the first post of a thread I started that was quickly locked (for admittedly legitimate reasons):

At the risk of allowing sincere and heated discussion of midichlorians to resurface, I ask you, reader-of-this: Do you think we will see (in Episode VIII or IX) any creatures or monsters (or any organisms without the capacity for abstract thought and/or self-reflection) that are Force-sensitive?

I bring up the concept of midichlorians because it was in many ways an attempt to explain Force-sensitivity in biological terms, and the reasoning from which this question doth spring relies on the premise of the existence of a(n) (in-universe) biological evolution of the species(plural) of a given GFFA planet. As such, this thread already begs the question.

That stuff notwithstanding, one could conclude that by virtue of the concept of natural selection, the galaxy would be teeming with creatures that would exist instead of their evolutionary competitor due to special characteristics bequeathed unto them by the Lord our God, giver of life, savior to all and Supreme Force-ghost.

So, if one accepts this presumptive, sciencey element to the backdrop of these movies, will or should we see space rodents springing rat traps from a distance? or sarlaacs snatching sandpeople by the handful and dragging their grunting forms through the air toward their digestive demise? or Space Horse galloping...through space?

Also, what characteristics might one observe in such a creature? What capabilities or characteristics of a given Force-sensitive organism might favor their chances with regard to space-evolution effectively nudging them toward the top of the food chain in this dewback-eat-dewback galaxy?

[​IMG]

11. JawaDog

JawaDog Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 2, 2016
    I want Luke to have some sort of creature pet that has been keeping him company on the island. It looks like a dog bowl on the ground that Rey walks past and looks at.

12. MotherNature's SilverSeed

Feb 4, 2013
    He could have a pet Force-sensitive rock.

Oh, and I thought of an awesome evolutionarily advanced Force-sensitive creature: large, single-celled blob organisms that float through the air (with the Force) and !schlorp! onto other creatures and use the Force to leech out the creature's bodily fluids. Essentially, coffee can-sized floating translucent amoebas, or, if you prefer, metroids.

Also, since they're unicellular, their existence disproves the midichlorian theory.

Dagobah Dragonsnake likes this.
  13. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    No, I postulate metroids themselves have midichlorians. Jillions of them. They can spew lightning bolts out their vacuoles, and occasionally can rocket out of the atmosphere to live in space, and can live there by ingesting non organic space debris . Some have even been reported to have discovered the ability to make hyperspace jumps. They are also bio luminescent and their favorite colors to radiate are puce and mauve.

14. MotherNature's SilverSeed

Feb 4, 2013
    Hey man...you have your fantasy fantasy-world, and I have mine. As far as I'm concerned metroids have only one favorite color and that color is chartreuse.

EDIT: Hold on--did you say jillions? of midichlorians?

I think you and I are on separate pages here. In fact, maybe we opened different volumes in this series of tomes altogether. You're spouting nonsense.

Dagobah Dragonsnake likes this.
  15. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    I would really like to see some epic sea creature people.

16. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    I can buy into chartreuse when viewed from ... well, a different point of view.
    Midichlorian "nonsense"? Why we all know that in GFFA midichlorians are everywhere. Just everywhere. If you get out your Midi-meter and try to test a metroid, your test device very well could explode in your hand. Even their midis have midis. The midis themselves even create stuff and people and Other Things they are so hyperactive.

Then again, it was and is your fantasy fantasy, so maybe that is just a rumor I heard somewhere.

17. Star Searcher

Star Searcher Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 14, 2016
    I wonder if they'll bring back an ewok or something similar to an ewok. OR as I mentioned in another discussion board I'd love to see Ysalamiri that the Hux or Phasma have to combat the force.

18. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    One of the things I always loved about the SW movies is some featured monster/creature. And this is one thing that has been consistent thru ALL of the episodes so far:

TPM-the undersea creatures,
    AOTC-the execution arena creatures,
    ROTS did originally have a scene with Obi-Wan escaping one on Utapau but sadly it was cut.
    ANH-the Dianoga-albeit briefly,
    ESB-the Wampa (and the asteroid slug I guess),
    ROTJ the Rancor (and Sarlacc I guess), and
    TFA-the Rathtar.

Can't wait to see what we'll possibly see in VIII. I wouldn't mind some kind of large arachnid-type looking creature. Or I've always imagined a scene where they were in a deep jungle somewhere and there were all kinds of dangerous alien looking creatures stalking them, with like glowing eyes and venom and whatnot...

19. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    I also wanna see more Background Creatures, small and big.

thejeditraitor and Darth Smurf like this.
  20. akaydia41188

akaydia41188 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 22, 2016
  21. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    it may be a mat for stunts.

22. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    It's a gigantic thanksgiving turkey, Luke's inviting family to the island. Holiday in paradise.

23. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
  24. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I still have better pics and I think it is our space horse from Dubrovnik. I could not make permanently pics, since it was not alowed to stop with your car driving on the one road around this area. But I got some stuff.

starting speculation mode***not 100% sure and it has some speculation combined with my material. I think it could be the ending or near the end of the movie and a pivotal scene. Finn + KMT or Leia (whoever was on that space horse with Finn in Dubrovnik) maybe arrive there to save Rey or fail to save Rey (stunt work with jetski was done there and I saw a possible Finn stuntman later leaving the hill (could have been a KoR without mask as well, so not sure). ***ending speculation mode

arjank likes this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It is the body suit for the new, giant sized revenge seeking Salacious Crumb. It would be more obvious if the head were visible in the image.