main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Creatures of the Dark (Always Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by SkywalkerShine, Jan 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Master Skywalker, Hangar, Jedi Academy

Artoo retreated from Luke's side, retracting it's saw appendage, as Luke closed his eyes for a moment, and sensed Kyp's approach.

"I would have thought that would be obvious Master Skywalker, or should it be Master Skycrawler at this point?" He could be heard chuckling. "Surely you saw that coming? I kinda did as soon as I heard the saw going. No Jedi skills required there!"

Walking over he extended his hand to help him up, however Luke was in no mood for the assistance.

"You could have helped when the deck chair was still in one piece." Bringing a knee forward under himself, Skywalker got the leverage to get himself up and standing again, brushing his palms together to clean them off.

"Maybe when this comedy show is done, I can test the ship and we can get moving?" Durron added sarcastically.

"Go ahead and test it!" Luke responded with a frown, surveying the mess of broken wood, and green-and-white striped fabric. He looked up at his fellow jedi. "Do you need me, or can I head off to get changed?"

Tag: @The Real Kyp Durron

2. The Real Kyp Durron

The Real Kyp Durron Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2018
    Ic Kyp Durron
    Yavin Academy Hangar

"Head off all you want, get changed." He turned to the Headhunter and began to climb into the cockpit. Seating himself he looked over the side. "While you're there, get a sense of humour, can't hurt." He said with a smirk before closing the canopy and starting the ship up.

Repulsors had it off the deck, and moving toward the exit in a few minutes and only a few more after that full airborn. Performing a few rolls, dives and hard pull ups, he tested the ships ability to hand potential battle movements. There was only one way to test they hyperdrive so he headed to space. Ten standard minutes later a single lightyear jump was planned and in motion. Smooth as silk, he was able to revert. "That was easy, all set, let's go back now." he said quietly to himself as he planned and made the return trip.

Coming back into the atmosphere he skimmed the trees eventually and marveled at the simple beauty of the place, and how in the past this place came close to being his complete downfall. Saddened him that the people he trusted the most made jokes that showed they still held his actions as something either be ridiculed or shamed and not mistakes made by a teenager with real pain. He gave his head a shake, one day he'd meet someone who'd not pass judgement he hoped.

The craft dived toward the hangar and only moments later he brought it back in to land very close to where he'd left from only 15 minutes previously. Shutting it down he popped the canopy. "All set, when he's ready." he muttered as he got out, couldn't hurt to pack a bag as well, and that was his next task.

Tag @Sith-I-5

SkywalkerShine likes this.
  3. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: CeCe Barula
    Surrounded by tall rocks, Dromund Kaas

This was it. They finally made it on the surface of Dromund Kaas and were walking on the enemy's planet. Having her night vision goggles on (and keeping a spare one in case Dasha needed it), CeCe was scouting the area she was in. Luckily, the Jade's Fire and Detective Wyms crew were with her and Dasha. They were all together.

"Okay guys. The prisoner Dasha and I have is in the cargo hold of the ship, all handcuffed and secured. We'll take him to the the Republic soldiers for questioning. Speaking of which, I should get a hold of the Chief-of-State right now." Taking out her hand-held holoprojector, CeCe contacted Leia.

Finally, Leia responded. "Ah. CeCe Barula. Good to see that you're alright. What news do you bring?"

"We're on Dromund Kaas now. The rest of the crew are here (save for one). Anyway, do you think you could bring in a few Republic soldiers to assist us? The enemy is here and we could use all the help we need to round up these scumbags."

The holographic Leia nodded. "I understand. I will see what I can do for you. In the meantime, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker and one of his students will be able to assist you as well." CeCe nodded. "Thank you, Chief-of-State. I've already sent the coordinates to you. Should be no problem getting to Dromund Kaas."

Leia thanked CeCe and the others for taking this mission. "I will send the coordinates to the soldiers and Master Skywalker as well. Be safe everyone." With that, the communication was over. Unbeknownst to CeCe however, Kyp Durron was going to join in their mission as well. Even though the two were nemesis (or "frenemies" as she liked to think), this was going to be an interesting time.

After that, CeCe nodded to the others. "Okay guys. Reinforcement should be coming soon. Stick together and don't do anything that'll attract the enemy. And if you get harmed... walk it off. Let's go find these nerfherders' hideout." With that, CeCe led the team, using her night vision goggles to guide her. Sure it was night time (must be night all the time here) and the sky had dim lights, CeCe thought best that she use her night vision for any signs of movement.

The young vigilante turned to Dasha. "I have a spare night vision goggle. Do you need them?"

TAG:
    @galactic-vagabond422 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sith-I-5

NPC: Luke Skywalker
    Hangar, Jedi Praxeum, Yavin 4

Moments later, by the time Kyp came back from his test run, Luke was running towards the ship with his brown back pack. He had all the items and food that he need for him and Kyp. Seeing that Kyp wasn't on the ship, Luke hopped into the pilot seat, waiting for his top student to return. Something beeped from hand-held holoprojector and Luke took it out. On the hologram displayed Leia. "Leia. How are you?" he said to his twin sister with a smile.

"I could be better. The small crew we sent to find the kidnappers are on Dromund Kaas. I will send you the coordinates right away. I'm also sending a star destroyer with some soldiers to assist you and the group as well." Luke nodded to this plan. "Thank you Leia. Send the coordinates to my Z-95 Headhunter. With these people kidnapping innocents across the galaxy, we can use all the help we need."

Leia smiled. "Hey. Even a Jedi Master needs a hand. You can't always rely on the Force to be your only ally, right?" Luke chuckled at his sister's remark. "Is that a sense of humor I hear, Chief-of-State? Don't you worry. I'll be alright. Besides, I've got Kyp with me." The mention of Kyp's name made Leia smile quietly with a nod. She remembered that teenage boy who saw Han as a father figure. The same boy who went through horrors because of Exar Kun's spirit. She was relieved that Kyp was trying to better himself, now that he was a young adult.

"True. Well then, you both be careful. I feel that a far greater threat is on the horizon. Something about these kidnappings..." "I know what'cha mean. Be cautious, Leia. And may the Force be with you."

"Always," Leia grinned softly. With that, the communication was over. With the coordinates being sent to him, Luke waited on Kyp's return to the ship.

TAG: @The Real Kyp Durron

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Sevrina and Mara on Dromund Kaas

Sevrina couldn't help but be relieved by the fact that the gropu was all together... That reinforcements were on the way... She and Mara listened to CeCe's holo-call with Leia and exchanged a glance. She noticed a spark in Mara's eyes at the mention of Luke and smirked, silently hoping that Kyp would be the student accompanying Luke. He was one of the most capable although also one of the undoubtedly most interesting!

@SkywalkerShine \ @Sith-I-5 \ @The Real Kyp Durron ;)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Baille Harte, Samantha Irisa, landing zone (LZ, pronounced "Ell Zee"), Detective Wyms

The crew of the Bleeding Heart emerged before the Rainbow Rescue Rangers got too close.

"Okay guys." Barula greeted upon spying them. "The prisoner Dasha and I have is in the cargo hold of the ship, all handcuffed and secured. We'll take him to the the Republic soldiers for questioning."

Baille frowned at the sound of falling pebbles, and turned from the group to wave her glowrod towards the sounds, but could not see anything beyond her own ship, the more polished parts of the hull reflecting her handheld light source.

"Speaking of which, I should get a hold of the Chief-of-State right now."

Samantha Irisa watched their leader activate a handheld holoprojector, which worried her momentarily, but she couldn't remember any instances of holo-communications ever being intercepted, and besides, any contact with the Chief of State's Office was likely to have state-of-the-art encryption.

Finally, Leia responded, Samantha fascinated to see the famous face represented before her, more personal than in news footage. "Ah. CeCe Barula. Good to see that you're alright. What news do you bring?"

"We're on Dromund Kaas now. The rest of the crew are here (save for one). Anyway, do you think you could bring in a few Republic soldiers to assist us? The enemy is here and we could use all the help we need to round up these scumbags."

Samantha figured this was a good time to mention the New Republic Star Destroyer waiting in the wings, and did raise a finger to begin to interrupt, but decided to wait for an opening.

The holographic Leia nodded. "I understand. I will see what I can do for you. In the meantime, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker-"

Irisa felt a physical shock at hearing that Skywalker himself was on the way, although perhaps she should not get too excited since Han Solo had not turned up yet.

She had worked with Skywalker at an Alliance' Starfighter Base. He had even put her in charge of a small flight. But would he even remember her? He must have met hundreds of Alliance and New Republic pilots over the years.

CeCe was nodding. "Thank you, Chief-of-State. I've already sent the coordinates to you. Should be no problem getting to Dromund Kaas."

Leia thanked CeCe and the others for taking this mission, Samantha's chest swelling with pride. "I will send the coordinates to the soldiers and Master Skywalker as well. Be safe everyone."

With that, the communication was over, and Leia Organa's blue-tinged face faded away.

Mara Jade and Sevrina Bandel exchanged glances, with the latter visibly smirking.

CeCe nodded to them. "Okay guys. Reinforcement should be coming soon. Stick together and don't do anything that'll attract the enemy."

Irisa brought the handle of her glowrod to where she could see the controls, and dialled the intensity down to half power. It was the best she could do without night goggles of her own.
    She held her lumi close to Baille's, so that the younger girl could do the same.

"And if you get harmed... walk it off."

The cousins exchanged knowing smiles, knowing how to follow that: "
    And for gosh sake, watch that language."

"That ain't going away, any time soon."

The Shadow Woman continued, oblivious. "Let's go find these nerfherders' hideout."

With that, CeCe led the team, using her night vision goggles to guide her. The young vigilante turned to Bossy Girl Vice. "I have a spare night vision goggle. Do you need them?"

Irisa stepped beside them. "I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but a New Republic star destroyer, the Mon Mothma, turned up after you all left."

"That's how we managed to catch up with you." Baille chimed in, taking off after the group, following Samantha's now faint light beacon. "We've got an astromech refreshing our navigational computer."

Samantha looked directly at CeCe. "I'm sure you said this was recon only, but if you now want backup before we've had a chance to confirm we're in the right place, should we just call 'em in?"

Tag: @SkywalkerShine @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  6. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Dasha Astakhova
    Dromund Kaas

The slicer marched her way towards the base keeping an eye out for anything. Though the darkness was making it hard, she was more going off sound cues than any visual on movements. She was just focus, maybe too focused she didn't care if help was coming. She needed to find him, needed to find Raan. That was what this was all about to her. Not the others taken by these people, not even finding out what they want, she just wanted him back. All the delays and idle chatter only seemed to grate on her like running nails down a slate. It was good to see that they were done with waiting around it was time to get to the real work...finally.

She took the nightvision goggles from CeCe only holding out her hand for them. Putting them on she double checked her com making sure she was listening to the standard Republic com frequency. Once they entered the system she would hear it, or at least their com traffic. Hopefully they wouldn't arrive before this little ground team got eyes on the target. She kept quiet keeping an ear on her com waiting for the Republic to show up. There were no more words to give.

TAG: @SkywalkerShine @Sith-I-5 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

7. The Real Kyp Durron

May 6, 2018
    Ic Kyp Durron
    Hangar Jedi Temple

Having arrived back he noted Luke was talking to someone in the cockpit of his X Wing so he quickly stowed his bag in the storage compartment and got back into the craft, bringing the engines up to warm, he wanted to be ready when Luke indicated it was time to leave. A warning light came on, he scowled and tapped the dial, it went off. 'Probably a loose wire' he mused. Looking over to Luke he waited for the signal.

Tag @SkywalkerShine

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Baille Harte

The young Rescue Ranger stayed quiet and watchful as she followed the group, making sure that she did not lose sight of the faint light wand being held by her older cousin.

'Older' and 'younger' were just artificial constructs, she knew, created by Mitch Nifesta, as the way to manage his family, but she was used to it now, and why upset the dynamic just because he had released her.
    She knew that she had often moaned about the lack of adventure, but she also missed the stability that he had provided.

Slowly waving her lumi towards the ground, she was relieved to note that the mysterious white cables, and the scattered bones, had been left behind them as they cleared the rock spires, and started the trek towards the dark woods between them and the distant buildings.

Good, she thought, I won't have to watch where I'm stepping now.

Tag: @SkywalkerShine @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @galactic-vagabond422

IC: Luke Skywalker, X-Wing, Academy hangar

Upon seeing Kyp's Z-95 Headhunter return and lower to the ground nearby, Luke stowed the holoprojector, and jumped down from his ship, bringing down the brown pack that he had brought with him.

Pulling out another bag filled with food and drink for Kyp, a fresh power pack for his lightsabre, a tightly rolled Garlostar tent, along with an empty plastic bottle that the jedi could...use however he wanted, he carried it over into the miniature dust storm settling around the landed starfighter.

"Here ya go, Kyp." He said watching as Durron stowed the bag into the storage compartment. "Leia sent me the coordinates for where we are going. Dromund Kaas in Sith space. Esstran Sector. Her rescue team are already there, scouting the place out, and she's send us, and a star destroyer, to back them up. Artoo will relay the nav-data to your ship." He turned and pointed a finger at his astromech, smiling as a corresponding beep could be heard from Kyp's cockpit. "There you go. Let's roll."

Luke jogged back to his X-Wing, and hopped up into the cockpit, quickly pulling the seat restraints down over his shoulders as the canopy lowered over him.

Within moments, the Incom T-65 snubfighter lifted off the ground, it's own repulsors scattering dust and leaves.

Tag: @The Real Kyp Durron @SkywalkerShine

9. The Real Kyp Durron

May 6, 2018
    Ic Kyp Durron
    Yavin Four Hangar

He looked over and watched Luke's ship lift off and duly followed suit, turning to form up on his port wing. "Ready to receive co-ords." he commed briefly and they came through just as fast. Calculating the jump he sat back, this was going to be a long haul. "Ready to jump on your mark." Meditation, it was a good time killer in the cockpit, so it was what he planned to do.

Tag @Sith-I-5 @SkywalkerShine

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  10. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Shine Approved

Name:
    Cenn Diago, pronounced with a hard C
    Species: Nautolan
    Appearance: Cenn is large and powerfully built for a Nautolan at 1.97 m. He has pale green skin and black eyes with a purple swirl in them. He has a rough, jagged scar on his chest and a tattoo of two crossed rancor claws on his right shoulder. Three of his head-tresses were cut off at the tip, replaced by cybernetic implants with different uses. One contains a single-use stun charge, another is fitted as a small storage, and the largest holds an emergency credit chip. Cenn mostly wears a black sleeveless vest, over a simple shirt, with grey combat pants and black boots. He also covers his hands and arms with boxer's tape. He has a dual holster on his left side for his blades, and a single holster on the other for his gun. He keeps his hammer attached to his back with a bandolier that also holds replacement powerpacks on the front.
    Picture:
    [​IMG]
    Personality: Cenn is often seen as reserved and calculating. His years as a slave taught him to mask his stronger emotions. Cenn uses his physicality to great effect, often resorting to physical intimidation rather than worded threats. When necessary, he uses overwhelming force and brutality to keep confrontations short. He is fairly intelligent and level-headed, choosing to keep his operation small-time and out of the eyes of the Republic and Jedi, as well as larger criminal organization. He is vehemently opposed to slavery.
    Weapon(s): Two-handed Durasteel power hammer, double-barreled blaster carbine, two Tehk'la blades
    Short Bio: Cenn was born on Glee Anselm, but was taken as a small child, by Phylus Mon, a Chevin slaver. Like all of the Mon’s slaves, he was implanted with an explosive that would go off by trigger or in the event of his owner’s death.

In the Mon’s ownership, Cenn grew up in a tank with other enslaved aquatic species. Because of this, he was able to fully develop his species’ pheromone and olfactory talents. He was also trained as a bodyguard for the Mon, due to his stature and propensity for violence. He feigned subservience to the Mon, while silently observing everything that made the Mon succeed and later fail as a criminal. During this time he also became well acquainted with two Nagai brothers, Kor and Vor Essen, who taught him how to fight outside of his typical brutal and overpowering fashion. While on Coruscant overseeing the sale of one of Mon’s slaves, the meeting was raided by Republic peacekeepers. In the confusion, an ion grenade exploded and deactivated the explosive in his chest. Seizing the opportunity, Cenn immediately killed the bodyguard closest to him with his hammer and threw his body into the fray. He used the distraction to flee into the Coruscant underground.

He later found work as a mercenary for a smuggler crew as muscle, and has kept a low profile to avoid an untimely meeting with his former owner. He has however promised himself to save his two Nagai friends if he is ever capable.

Cenn speaks Basic, Nagaian, and passable Nautila, along with bits of several other languages.

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Luke Skywalker, X-Wing starfighter

Their mission ahead notwithstanding, Luke felt relaxed.

He remembered growing up dreaming of being a starfighter pilot, playing with his model of a T-16 Skyhopper....the reminder that his fellow jedi, Kyp Durron, hadn't had any of that when he was young, soured the memory.

Whatever was going on at Dromund Kaas needed stopping. And Fast.

"Ready to go on your mark." Kyp transmitted.

"Copy. Jumping to lightspeed in Five. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Mark."

Luke pushed forward the lightspeed levers, feeling himself pressed back in his seat as blue-white starlines elongated around his ship, losing sight of the Headhunter.

12. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: CeCe Barula
    Walking inside the dark woods, Dromund Kaas

After giving the night vision goggles to Dasha, CeCe continued to search her surroundings. She respected that Dasha was on full alert and wanted no more delays. She may be searching from something... or someone. The vigilante understood. Lana, her old Cosian friend, was somewhere. If not here, then where? Either way, CeCe was going to find her. Even if it took years. She would search for the only person that treated her like a human being, ever since she lost her mother and mentor that freed her from slavery.

Suddenly, her thoughts were broken by the voice of the two women. "I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but a New Republic star destroyer, the Mon Mothma, turned up after you all left," Samantha said.

"That's how we managed to catch up with you. We've got an astromech refreshing our navigational computer," Baille said.

Samantha looked directly at CeCe. "I'm sure you said this was recon only, but if you now want backup before we've had a chance to confirm we're in the right place, should we just call 'em in?"

CeCe thought about Samantha and Baille's words. Perhaps they were right. They needed all the help they could get. Some of the New Republic soldiers were on Worlport, the capital of Ord Mantell, tending to people who were previously hurt by the invasion. So backup here would most certainly be needed. "I guess it won't hurt to have reinforcement here. We should call the Mon Mothma now to stay in orbit, in case any enemy tries to escape. Meanwhile, they can send a few soldiers down here to assist us. How's that sound?"

She glanced at everyone to see what they thought of while the group continued to walk. They were now inside the dark woods. It was hard to get use to a place like this. Eerie, cold, and mysterious were the words CeCe was looking for. She didn't trust this planet. At all. "Stay alert, everyone," she whispered. It was a good thing she had the night vision on. But for some strange reason, she felt as if they were being watched.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sith-I-5

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Mara and Sevrina on Drommund Kaas

Mara and Sevrina each felt it was a good idea to have more allies on the ground. You could never have too much back-up.

A tingle ran up Sevrina's spine. It was quiet, eerily so. Was something or someone watching them, waiting to pounce?

Mara's piercing green gaze probed the surroundings, and her danger sense was primed and ready to alert her to any impending threat. The only place worse doubtless, Mara thought with a rueful inner shrug, would be Korriban. Glad we're not there.

@SkywalkerShine \ @Sith-I-5 \ @galactic-vagabond422

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Baille Harte, Samantha Irisa, The Dark Forest

Harte brought up the rear, her glowrod towards the ground to help guide where she was stepping amongst the damp-sounding leaves, and bent roots threatening to trip her.

Whilst she still rather be embracing her inner princess in that blue outfit that I-5 had sent her, for the Gravels...the Pub at the End invitational buffet, a couple years before; she could see how it would be impractical for this stage of the reconnaissance.

This way, she could see where her knees and feet were in relation to where they need to step, and didn't need to hold skirts out of the way just to see them, and untangling them from the local flora, she would definitely fall behind and get lost.

Ahead of her, Irisa tromped along close to Bossy Girl Vice and CeCe, as the former accepted the proffered night-vision, and waiting for the latter's response to her query.

"I guess it won't hurt to have reinforcement here. We should call the Mon Mothma now to stay in orbit, in case any enemy tries to escape. Meanwhile, they can send a few soldiers down here to assist us. How's that sound?"

"The Mon Mothma to move to local orbit," Irisa read back, so that CeCe could correct her if she wanted, "and send down a transport. Copy." She reached for her C1 comlink, curving her fingers around it, and calling back to the ship. "Droid. Signal the Mon Mothma, take off to do it, if you cannot get a signal from where the ship is parked. Please tell them, come into local orbit, and please send down a single transport with troops to our comlink signal. Beep once if you understood that, and beep twice if you wish me to repeat anything."

A single beep came over the comlink, which relieved Samantha, followed a series of bloops and some unwelcome whistling - lest it ruin her group's stealth - which she hurried to muffle by putting the comlink under her right armpit!

Baille must have overhead, for she quickened her pace and arrived alongside. "He's saying proximity alarms have been tripped. There is something moving around the landing zone."

Teeth gritted, Samantha waited till it sounded like the thing had run out of things to say, then brought it up to her lips and whispered harshly, "Will you quit with the whistling?! We're trying to be quiet out here! Seal the hatch if there is something scary out there, but do not return fire, do you understand me? And try not to give yourself away to local sensors while signalling the Mon Mothma. Over and out."

Irisa looked aside at her cousin. "You think our ships have been discovered?"

Baille frowned as she recalled the droid speak. "He said 'something'. Sensors reading multiple legs and lots of chitin. I hope that it is nothing to do with the slavers. Y'know, that might not have been a bad shout to get some Republic troops down here."

"Okay, I've instructed our R2 unit to contact the Mon Mothma." Irisa whispered to the group, including the two jedi, in a raised whisper. "He says there is movement of some type around our ships, though Baille's interpretation of the report, doesn't indicate it to be humanoid. Just a heads up for when we get back there."

Tag: @SkywalkerShine @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @galactic_vagabond422

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Mara and Sevrina ... Drommund Kaas
    "Okay, I've instructed our R2 unit to contact the Mon Mothma." Irisa whispered to the group in a raised whisper. "He says there is movement of some type around our ships, though Baille's interpretation of the report, doesn't indicate it to be humanoid. Just a heads up for when we get back there."

"That's good to know; thanks," Mara said lowly. If anyone tampered with her ship, they'd live to regret it! Having reinforcements should deter any skulkers.

Tag: @Sith-I-5 \ @SkywalkerShine
    \ @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  16. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Dasha Astakhova
    Dromund Kaas

Dasha pressed on into the darkness keeping an eye on her path towards what she suspected was the base, letting the others talk behind her. They had support on the way already good. She was about to prepare an automatic message to be sent when a New Republic signal was received by her comset. However the others already had that sorted. Good one less thing she had to do. The woods got darker, but with the goggles she didn't care. Her gaze sweeping back and forth she reached for her weapon drawing it from it's place in the small of her back. She said nothing, enough time had been wasted talking worrying about things that were not saving Raan.

She wasn't wasting another moment.

TAG: @SkywalkerShine @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sith-I-5

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Luke Skywalker, Artoo Detoo, Incom T-65 "X-Wing"

Luke's astromech had run into another droid called "Deputy", who had introduced it to the idea of entertaining their pilot during long journeys, so Artoo had picked up a space fantasy film called, The Last Jedi, for obvious reasons; and that was what Artoo had just put on, with Luke darkening the canopy's tropospheric shielding, so that he was not distracted by the hyperspace energies outside the ship.

The 2D feature, playing on a re-purposed repeater screen, had started with a space battle, where a StarBomber - who thinks up these names anyway? - a bomber with 'star' on the front to make it sound exotic and spacey, now the only survivor of its' squadron zooming over the gargantuan expanse of an outsized star destroyer's dorsal hull.

The Resistance pilot, on finding the bomb launch controls disabled, and her crewmate dead, had slid down to the bottom of the craft to open the bomb bay manually.

"Oh come on!" Skywalker exclaimed in exasperation, imagining himself throwing popcorn the five inches at the screen. "There's no air shield there! How is she breathing?!"

Glowing green aurabesh flickered right to left across an adjacent black screen, as Artoo asked how she hadn't been sucked out by atmospheric decompression.

"Good spot, Artoo."

Little did the Grandmaster know, just how multi-faceted his droid could be, for it was multitasking second-by-second hyperspatial calculations, watching the film along with him, reading 'Film Splicing For Dummies', and planning to edit out a much later scene before Luke reached it, where an actor clearly playing a suspiciously similar substitute for Skywalker himself, milking a sea cow for some dairy refreshment.

The droid wondered if the full title had been "The Last Jedi To Milk A Sea Cow."

Episode IX, if it was available yet, was probably a documentary on the benefits of pasteurisation.

In the film. the heroic StarBomber pilot released her payload, and vertical streams of fell out of her ship, fire-balling across the star destroyer's hull.

Luke glanced away from the conflagration momentarily casting orange light around his cockpit, over at more flowing aurabesh, as R2 asked what he thought Kyp was doing right now.

"Well, I packed Cilghal's season three of Athosian Pop Idol among the supplies I gave him, but you know Kyp; he's probably meditating."

18. The Real Kyp Durron

May 6, 2018
    IC Kyp Durron - with half a brain.
    In Headhunter.

He'd relaxed into the seat, all be it an ancient on with the odd uncomfortable spring, having drawn his legs up into a crossed position and hands resting on his thighs he was meditating. Feeling the galaxy around him, it's ebbs and flows, its dark and its light which he now recognised with a clarity beyond most having seen both sides. He could feel Master Skywalker nearby, seemingly exasperated by something, of what he was unsure but he also felt it was minor and hardly anything to be concerned about. He reached out trying to sense their purpose in all this, but it was beyond him at this point in time. Slowly opening his eyes, he gazed at the star-lines, mesmerizing and hypnotic in nature, they were enough to put a person to sleep. Kyp sighed, he hated this part of space travel, the emptiness and loneliness of space was just a little too confronting for him. It reminded him of his own life, empty and somewhat lonely. Giving his head a quick shake to move the self gratifying emotions he lifted himself up with his hands and put his feet to the floor stretching them out and rolling his head around in a circle to loosen up this neck. Reaching down he pull the supply bag up, curious as to what the Master had packed. Snack bars, a couple of water tubes and, he held up the data card with a frown. "Wonder what this is?" he muttered. Slipping it into the reader he stared in disbelief at what appeared on the screen before him. "Really?" he questioned, before shaking his head and shutting it down. The day he wasted time watching something like 'Pop Idol' would be a sad day indeed. He'd sooner count the star lines, and so that was what he began to do.

Tag @Sith-I-5

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    OOc: Deleted post.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    The Real Kyp Durron likes this.
  20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: nrc Comms Operator, Wedge Antilles, Star Destroyer Mon Mothma

The pink-skinned Zeltron filling the role of ComScan officer, called out from his station. "Receiving message from the astromech that we placed aboard the Detective Wyms, Sir."

Wedge Antilles left the large triangular bridge windows, and walked back along the command walkway to bring himself closer to his junior officer. "What is it saying?"

"That the team request that we move the ship into orbit of the target planet, and that we send a shuttle down with some troops, to help them with their search."

The Corellian general nodded at this. "There are probably only half-a-dozen of them, on the Princess's investigating team, so probably a good idea to give them some backup." He turned away to face a different part of the bridge. "Helm, take us closer to Dromund Kaas. Full sublight."

Lando also turned from the windows. "You don't want to micro-jump in?"

"No. It is not urgent, so why add the extra risk? Besides, if the slavers see a star destroyer coming in slowly, it might panic them into giving up early. We would rather them give up than put up a fight."

The helmsman acknowledged the order, and while the stars visible outside did not noticeably change position, colourful gases and space dust scudded over the huge vessel's hull as she proceeded forwards, penetrating the Dromund Kaas system edge, and accelerating to the distant, and not yet visible, Sith world.

Tag: no-one

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Baille Harte, Samantha Irisa, the Dark Forest

Baille wasn't looking where she was going. Her glowrod was still held towards the ground so that she could see where she was stepping, and avoid being tripped up, however she had noticed something, amongst the unhealthy-looking grasses and weeds underfoot.

Some....plants? Individually and severally, some thin green shoots with buds or still-folded flowers, were slowly turning ti follow her light as she walked by, and they were momentarily caught in the yellow-green glow.

She walked stoutly into her fellow Rescue Ranger, head coming up as she bounced off Samantha's right shoulder, and backed off a pace.

"What the hell are you standing about for?" Harte whispered.

Samantha nodded towards the reason why she was standing still, her own glowrod raised to illuminate something.

Baille crowded closer to see, spying on a thick black-barked branch, about level with their faces, where a short-legged reptile with scaled snout, beady little eyes that reflected their lights, and a thin moist tongue that poked out to test the air.

Irisa gestured for her cousin to go around her, so that she didn't have to pass close to the tree and it's occupant. "Keep going. Don't let them get too far ahead."

Harte obeyed, and then the girls abandoned their find, walking faster to catch up with the other four. So there was life on this planet, after all.

She drew abreast with Sevrina and Mara, whispering to them, "How long do think we've got before these woods end, d'you think?"

Tag: @SkywalkerShine @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Mara and Sevrina, in Forest on Drommund Kaas

"How long do you think we've got before these woods end, d'you think?"

Knowing there was backup coming or already arrived eased Sevrina and Mara's sense of disquiet, yet there was still a sense of living presences that were neither hostile nor friendly, but definitely undomesticated.

Sevrina shivered. "I hope not long! I can feel the wildlife... thankfully I get the impression they're not going to bother us as long as we don't invade too much. But still... this place is a bit too eerie for my liking."

Mara was just thankful she could feel the Force at all, and there weren't any of those pesky ysalamiri around!

@SkywalkerShine \ @Sith-I-Five

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Samantha Irisa, the Dark Forest

Samantha could hear the shiver in Sevrina's voice as she responded: "I hope not long! I can feel the wildlife... thankfully I get the impression they're not going to bother us as long as we don't invade too much."

Irisa eyed the figure to her left that she could barely see. "Oh, that is your impression, is it?" She murmured, not intending to be overheard.

"But still... this place is a bit too eerie for my liking."

"Agreed." She said at a more conversational volume, as her boots crunched through the dark undergrowth, albeit still low enough to be counted as stealthy. "If the word 'eerie' doesn't appear somewhere in this planet's topography - Mount Eerie, Lake Eerie, Camp Eerie - then this planet was definitely not discovered by human scouts."

Tag: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Sevrina and Mara on Drommund Kaas, trudging through the forest

Sevrina chuckled at the commentary on 'eerie'. Mara remained silent. She was not one for idle chatter. Mara kept her eyes, ears, and Force snse strongly attuned.

TAG: @Sith-I-5
    etc.

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Baille Harte, CeCe Barula, Samantha Irisa, the Dark Forest

Thanks to stepping past her cousin at the lizard-on-a-branch, the junior Rescue Ranger had moved a few paces closer to the front of the procession, a few paced behind the Shadow Woman, and Bossy Girl Vice.

The Corellian femme frowned, thinking that at least some of the darkness ahead of the group was brighter somehow, albeit obscured by the jagged silhouettes of the woods that they were tromping through.

Yeah, there is something there, she thought, and it looked important enough to report up the line, as the two ahead were going to reach it first. "Hey," she whispered to the backs of Barula and Dasha's heads "round blue light ahead, eleven o'clock." The direction referred to almost directly ahead of them, a few degrees to the right.

"It's probably just excited swamp gas." CeCe advised softly, then stopped short, her leading boot raised for the next step, as she found herself clear of the forest's treeline, about a fifty metres of wild grassland between them and the energy-fenced outskirts of the enemy installation; and at the far edge of the abbreviated meadow, so fifty metres from them, the light-blue metre-and-a-half diameter energy globe of a Destroyer Droid, same type that had finished the battle back on Ord Mantell. "Back!" She whispered harshly to the others. "Back, back!"

She stepped back into the treeline and rounded the thick-boled tree to put the dark trunk between her and the battle droid.

Ignoring that she herself was wearing night-vision, she whispered an interrogative across to Dasha: "By the stars...how did you miss that thing? We almost walked up on it."

There were no super-heated plasma bolts sleeting horizontally past them yet, so she figured it hadn't seen them, probably facing the wrong way, luckily for them.

"
    Swamp gas, my ass."

"Yes, thank you." CeCe glared towards where the complaining voice had come from. Fortunately, it's owner knew enough to hide her glowrod. "You are not helping."

Down on one knee, one hand fingering her holstered blaster, Samantha whispered to the two women that she had just been speaking with, Mara and Sevrina, "Hey, Jedi. We need a diversion; do you think you can distract that thing, and get it to roll off and investigate something?"

Tag: @SkywalkerShine @galactic-vagabond422 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.