main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Star Wars Creatures of the Dark (Always Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by SkywalkerShine, Jan 24, 2018.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    OOC: Riveting edge of seat turn! =D=

IC: Sevrina and Mara on Drommund Kaas, Facing a ... Battle Droid!?

Stang, stang, and double kriff! Mara thought. This place was more strongly defended than it had initially appeared. Battle droids were not suscpetible to mind tricks, but they could be fooled sensorially.

She murmured a strategy to Sevrina, whose eyes glinted with readiness to take up the challenge.

Sevrina and Mara connected via the Force and started an auditory illusion, rather like when one was able to project a false visual image. It was of trampling footfalls on leaves and rustling underbrush, some klicks off in the opposite direction to which their group was headed.
    Hopefully that will get the droid to move off in the opposite direction to investigate?

"That won't hold it off for long," Mara warned the others, "Let's make fast tracks!"

TAG: @SkywalkerShine \ @galactic-vagabond422 \ @Sith-I-5

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    SkywalkerShine likes this.
  2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Samantha Irisa

Still down on one knee, her glowrod settled on the ground to hide it's illumination even more, the senior Rescue Ranger looked on curiously, and then with anticipation as Mara whispered to her companion, making her eyes glint a bit.

Interesting power. She thought.

Seconds passed. Stretching into moments.

"That won't hold it off for long. Let's make fast tracks." Mara Jade advised.

Samantha leaned over to peer past CeCe' tree.

The blue energy globe was unmoved, and the former New Republic pilot had not seen or heard anything occurring by way of distraction. "It's not holding it at all." She glanced back at the jedi. "Sorry, did you actually do anything?"

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Mara and Sevrina on Drommund Kaas

"We attempted an auditory illusion to befuddle its sensors and get it to go ... elsewhere." Mara answered. She sighed in frustration and addressed the group at large. "Do any of you have a handy thermal detonator or grenade?" She glaced over to Dasha. "Or can you slice into the inner workings and scramble them?"

TAG -- @galactic-vagabond422 \ @Sith-I-5

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Luke Skywalker, Incom T-65 X-Wing

In interstellar terms, Yavin certainly wasn't as far from Sith space as Ord Mantell had been, so for the jedi teacher, he had managed to get in The Last Jedi; a maudlin, unexpected similarly-titled holo-movie about the Fall of Lasan; The Lasat Jedi, about three hours of meditation, then a relatively up-beat, lavishly-produced heist movie called Oseon's Eleven.

Not long after that, the navigational computer bleeped their arrival at the destination coordinates that Chief of State Leia had sent them, and Luke pulled back on the hyperspace levers, the hyperspatial chaos giving way to starlines, which in turn segued into the pinpricks of starlight of an unfamiliar star system, a tiny blue ball in the distance, growing slowly ahead of the X-Wing's nose as the snubship decelerated to sublight.

"Is that Dromund Kaas?" He asked, watching the repeater screen for Artoo's response.

I guess so. The Aurabesh sentence flashed up, character by character across the dark screen, gave the pilot plenty of time to read it, then disappeared, building a new comment. Heads up, Imperial Star Destroyer detected ahead of us, closing on the planet.

"Well, I hope it's-" Skywalker hesitated, looking out the left side of the canopy as a portion of space appeared to, to shift, out of sync with the rest of the sky. He turned as much as the seating would let him, but could not re-capture the visual image.

What's wrong?

"Not sure, thought I saw something. Scan the area, Artoo. Shields up. Let me know as soon as Kyp arrives."

Acknowledged.

Tag: @The Real Kyp Durron

5. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Dasha Astakhova
    Dromund Kaas

Dasha pressed herself against a tree, avoiding the gaze of a destroyer. She didn't reach for her blaster, or any weapon, she started looking through her datapad. She jacked it into her commset and began to sweep through the frequencies again looking for any signal, droid control or otherwise. This was all presupposing that they hadn't hardened their signals since last time. She wasn't exactly subtle last time with her actions they knew, they knew there was a crack slicer hunting them. She still had some tricks, but it would be harder and more limited. There was some conversation about distractions and inaction, her name was mentioned.

"Depends." She whipspered quietly into her commset reaching the others in the group. "If they haven't hardened their signals I could use that, but they would have to be absolute idiots to not have increased their security. The other option is to get close enough to jack in directly, but I do not like my chances of surviving that confrontation. I do have a wireless transmitter, but again someone needs to get close enough to plug it in."

TAG: @Sith-I-5 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

6. The Real Kyp Durron

The Real Kyp Durron Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2018
    Ic Kyp Durron
    Coming out of Hyperspace

He'd almost fallen asleep, hyperspace was so boring. Coming out of it was the highlight and reverting back he look across and saw Luke's ship. They were there, and he wasn't sure where 'there' was having just followed the co ordinates. He opened a Comm.

"Um, where are we?" he ask the Jedi Master.

Tag @Sith-I-5

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Luke Skywalker, Artoo Detoo, Incom T-65 X-Wing

Unable to shake the feeling that there was something out here with them, Skywalker rolled his fighter through a figures of eight, so as to throw off any sensor locks.

He would go and check out that Star Destroyer, once Knight Durron turned up.

Scan complete. Just us and that Star Destroyer. Telesponder response claims that she's the Mon Mothma.

Luke smiled, thinking that his friends, Wedge and Lando, ought to be on there.

Heads up, we've got company. Twenty klicks, hard astern.

"Is it Kyp?"

The droid did not have to answer, for Durron's voice came into his ear.

"Um, where are we?"

"Glad to see you made it, Kyp." Luke responded into his helmet's voice pickup. "The big blue planet, should be Dromund Kaas. We're in Sith space, or hopefully, what used to be."

Luke looked down at his sensorscope, picking up the location of his friend's Headhunter. "There is something out here, that I cannot see, or pick up on my scopes, so it could be cloaked. We'll worry about it later. Follow my lead; we're heading closer to the planet, where Artoo picked up a star destroyer."

Luke peeled out of the evasive manouevre, levelled out, and accelerated towards the planet.

8. The Real Kyp Durron

May 6, 2018
    Ic Kyp Durron

Kyp rolled his eyes. 'Glad you made it?' Seriously?' One day he'd get used to the comments that implied he was stupid, or not. 'Sith Space?' that was interesting, bringing him of all people to a place where the Darkside could possibly still be. He narrowed his eyes and looked out, and reached out. There was something, and he wasn't so sure it should be ignored till later. He watched Luke move off.

"Is it wise to worry later?" he asked himself, still sensing something that just didn't feel right. He looked over and gave his head a shake. 'No, not your call.' Turning his craft he sped up to form up on Luke's Port wing.

Tag @Sith-I-5

SkywalkerShine and Sith-I-5 like this.
  9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Samantha Irisa, CeCe Barula, Baille Harte, just inside the Dark Forest treeline

With the less dark night-time beyond the treeline, ever so slighty boosted by the few lumis dotting the outside of the 'enemy' installation that they had been drawn to, as well as the blue glow coming off the droideka's energy shield, Samantha got a sense of the six girls being the most communal that they had ever been since meeting on that debris-strewn Ord Mantell plaza.

"We attempted an auditory illusion to befuddle its sensors and get it to go ... elsewhere." Mara answered, to her left. The jedi sighed in frustration, which surprised the pilot. The jedi that she had known, did not sound so defeated after the first little thing didn't go their way.

Mara continued. "Do any of you have a handy thermal detonator or grenade?"

Well, Irisa had her PLX-1 shoulder-launcher, laying diagonally over her back; and her cousin had a portable ion cannon. However, by mutual agreement, they were saving those for when the slavers tried to make a run for it, as they had done the last time. Cos this time, they were getting mini-rockets and ion blasts up their choobs.

"This is supposed to be quiet, remember?" CeCe whispered gently from the lee of her tree, her bottom pressed up against it, as she leaned forwards with her hands on her knees.

Mara glanced over to Dasha. "Or can you slice into the inner workings and scramble them?"

Dasha pressed herself against a tree, clearly avoiding the gaze of the aptly-named destroyer, should it decide to turn around. She started looking through her datapad.

"Depends." Her quiet voice came through comlinks and commsets, where they had them. "If they haven't hardened their signals I could use that, but they would have to be absolute idiots to not have increased their security. The other option is to get close enough to jack in directly, but I do not like my chances of surviving that confrontation."

CeCe backed up against her tree and circled it to steal another look at the droid, then reversed her motion to bring herself back into cover. "Its shield is still up. Even if you could get close enough to jack in, you wouldn't be able to push the cable through the force bubble."

"Probably get radiation burns for your troubles." Baille suggested.

"That would take long term exposure." Samantha reassured, glancing beyond CeCe's tree.

"I do have a wireless transmitter," Dasha chimed in. "but again someone needs to get close enough to plug it in."

"Doesn't that defeat the object of wireless? You know, we could call in the Detective Wyms, and have it blast the thing."

"Look, does the word 'quiet' mean something else where you come from?" CeCe scolded. "Now, Mara. Forget the illusions, that wouldn't even register on the machine's sensors. Can you two do anything tangible? If it was something that we would see and hear, I bet that thing would react to it."

"My Uncle Mitch says that he has some jedi in him. He can..." Irisa moved her hands as she tried to convey what she was thinking. "...move things with his mind?"

"Telekinesis!"

"Yes, that!" Samantha jabbed a triumphant finger at Baille, thankful for the linguistic help. "Good girl!"

"Yessss." Barula nodded her approval. "Between the two of you, think you can lift it up and toss it someplace?"

"Well, that ought to distract it."

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Mara with Sevrina -- on Dromund Kaas

Mara's Force skills were in hand-to-hand, lightsaber combat, and infiltration. Telekinesis ... that was something she could do in a pinch but it wasn't something that was at the top of her options list usually. Sevrina was newly Knighted and her only exposure to telekinesis was training, so far.

She gave an approving nod after exchanging a look with Sevrina. "Yeah, between the four of us, we should be able to toss it quite a ways."

Sevrina suppressed a chuckle at the mental image.

Tag for @Sith-I-5 \ @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Baille Harte, Samantha Irisa, CeCe Barula

"Four of us?" Baille echoed with a frown.

Samantha was equally confused. "There is only the two of you."

"Are." The Shadow Woman corrected her team-mate's incorrect use of the singular, like Lana used to do to her when she got that wrong.

"I don't care if it is 'Talk Like A Pirate' Day, this is hardly the time to invoke it!"

"What?"

"Pardon."

"Shut it. Now get into position." CeCe dropped to her knees, turned to look out past her tree, and fully laid out on her front. "Have at it, Ladies. I will let you know if the thing moves."

Tag: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @galactic-vagabond422 @SkywalkerShine

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Sevrina and Mara on Drommund Kaas

"Four of us?" Baille echoed with a frown.

Samantha added, "There is only the two of you."

Sevrina had to stifle a laugh, as she thought, Oops, got tangled up in the whole mention of an uncle with telekenesis, so thought they had inherited the talent.

Samantha and Baille continued to banter to Sevrina's continued amusement.

CeCe was having none of it and got everybody back on task.

"Shut it. Now get into position." CeCe dropped to her knees, turned to look out past her tree, and fully laid out on her front. "Have at it, Ladies. I will let you know if the thing moves."

Mara and Sevrina concentrated. Sevrina imagined the droideka as light as a feather floating toward a nearby body of water -- soaking its circuits good and proper would make it totally inoperable. Mara visualized exercises performed on Wayland and a very frustrating and secretly endearing Jedi Master.

@SkywalkerShine \ @galactic-vagabond422 \ @Sith-I-5

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Luke Skywalker, Wedge Antilles, Incom T-65 X-Wing

Luke sensed Kyp's dis-satisfaction about his expression of relief that his friend had made it safely to the destination, but said nothing.

Sometimes it was all too easy for people to forget just what they were doing and risking, and what things had to go right, to complete a journey through hyperspace.
    Like Han Solo had once said, it was not like dusting crops.

The dark blue planet grew bigger still as they swooped closer to it, levelling out to go around the curvature of the planet, in the direction of that Star Destroyer.

The upper atmosphere morphed into cloud streams, still with different shades of navy blue, a couple of instances of bright spots flashing up, which Skywalker took to be lightning storms.

Once the former Imperial capital ship came into view, he tried calling it: "Mon Mothma from Rogue Leader. Do you copy?" He didn't want to announce to the bad guys, if they were listening to comms, that a Skywalker had arrived to the plate.
    So out of his several previous callsigns, this was the one least likely to have been replicated by the SD's own starfighter squadrons.

"Rogue Leader from Mon Mothma. Hey Luke, welcome along. When you called, you never said you were on the way as well. You are in the X-Wings, right?"

So much for anonimity. Hey Wedge. Leia sent us. And by us, Kyp is with me as well." As far as Luke knew, Wedge Antilles did not know that it was Durron who had drokked up the mind of the Corellian's Imperial scientist' girlfriend.

"Copy that. We are preparing to send down a shuttle to help the forward team. Do you want to take your fighters down to the planet, or come aboard and go down with the transport?"

"Hang on, I will check with Kyp." The jedi twiddled the comms button to switch to the Z-95 Headhunter's frequency. "Hey, Kyp? We have the choice of taking our fighters down to the planet surface, or boarding the Mon Mothma, leaving our fighters parked up here, and taking the transport down with the troops. What do you prefer?"

IC: CeCe Barula, just inside the Dark Forest treeline

On her stomach, lifted up on her elbows so that she could see over the long bent-over grass of the unkempt meadow, Barula could feel the cold ground soak up through the thin material of her tank top, chilling her tummy, however she was more than willing to endure this and worse, to get her Auntie back.

She tied looking at the droideka with her nightvision on, but all she was seeing as a bright ball as the thermal-imaging concentrated on the energy sphere protecting it.

She brought her hand up to her face to remove the device, then noticed that the light globe was lifting up, first a metre, then two.

The energy shield dissipated, letting her see that the droid was straightening one of it's three bent legs to tap tentatively and in vain at the ground underneath it.

"It's working." Barula reported back to the others. "Keep going, you've already got it up into the air."

Tag: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Sevrina and Mara on Drommund Kaas

Sevrina heard CeCe's comment peripherally and continued to concentrate, visualizing a toy kite she had made as a youngling floating on a breeze higher and higher.

Mara was also visualzing clouds and swoop/speeder bikes moving at rapid pace in the blue vault of the sky.

Tag: @Sith-I-5 ...

SkywalkerShine and Sith-I-5 like this.
  15. The Real Kyp Durron

May 6, 2018
    Ic Kyp Durron - Z 95 - Headhunter (Occ - Headhunter here not an X Wing)

He'd followed and seen The Mon Mothma, and listened in on the transmissions. Wedge was on board. That was not a man he wished to see right now. Guilt, it was still very close to the surface. So when asked where he'd like to go, the answer was easy.

"Surface please, if you don't mind." Distance was as good a time when it came to healing wounds.

Tag @Sith-I-5

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: CeCe Barula, Baille Harte
    Locations: Ground (outside base)

Cece
    , still on her tummy in the grass, watched as the droideka, its legs thrusting frantically towards the ground zipped sideways, out of sight.

"Alright, it's clear!" She rapped out, pushing herself back onto her haunches, then standing. She frowned, wondering if she really had heard a distant splash. "Let's go!"

Hopping and wading through the long grass, then sprinting across the fifty metres of neatly shorn grass, she dropped to her knees before the metal chain-linked fence that stretched to the left and right of her.

Arriving to her right, Baille Harte dropped to a knee, commented that it was a long time since she had climbed a fence, then reached for the diamond configuration links.

CeCe slapped her hand away!

"Ow! What's you're deal?" The young woman scowled at the team leader.

"It's an energy fence! It'll-" She hesitated. "-actually, I have no idea what it will do. But we can't touch it." She drew her sidearm, and turned it over so that she could start adjusting the power output settings. "I expect we'll have to cut through with our blasters."

Baille massaged the back of her hand, and peered through the fence at the slave base silhouette.

It was too dark to make out much, however she got the impression of a several floored rectangular block topped with a shallow dome, and partially obscured to the right, and more than double the height, perhaps indicating that Dromund Kaas had been a more cheerful place, once upon a time, a big wheel of the type seen at fun fairs the galaxy over.

The wheel attracted her attention as in her peripheral, Barula, gun flashed briefly, two links of metal glowing red.

There were two more balls of Barula's 'swamp gas' at the base of the wheel - destroyer droids clearly guarding something.

That was something either to look into, or stay away from....

"Excited swamp gas, ahead and to the right of the main building, CeCe." She reported, dutifully. And a bit sarcastically, in words, if not tone.

"Well, let's get through this fence first, shall we?" She flashed her gun again, severing a link to the right of the first. This is going to take me ages.

She was relieved to see Baille finally pull her own blaster, so that she could help burn through, and to hear others wading through the grass behind her.

Tag: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Mara and Sevrina on Drommund Kaas

Mara and Sevrina were relieved the droid had been neutralized and approached to see Baille Hart and CeCe opening access in what must be a fence with a fatal barrier. Mara extracted her powerful blaster and took out links to one side so she and Sevrina could slide through.

Tag @galactic-vagabond422 \ @Sith-I-5

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Luke Skywalker, Artoo Detoo, Incom T-65 "X-Wing"

Luke took his snubfighter under the vast grey hull of the Mon Mothma star destroyer, while Kyp mulled over his options.

"Surface please, if you don't mind."

"Copy that." Skywalker acknowledged, advising Antilles, "We'll stay in our fighters, Wedge. If you drop the transport out, we will fly escort."

"Copy that, Luke. Sending out now."

Luke skimmed along the wider aft part of the hull, stopping smoothly to the left side of the larger square hole under the massive battleship. He hadn't asked which hole, representing the larger Main Hangar, and the smaller one further ahead, representing the TIE Hangar, this shuttle would be coming from.

"Kyp, I have volunteered us to fly escort for the shuttle that they are sending down. When it emerges, I'll form up on the left, you go on it's right, and we'll match it's course and speed, that okay with you?"

19. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: CeCe Barula
    Outside the base, Dromund Kaas

Finally, they were rid of that darn droideka. Now they could find a way to get inside. But CeCe knew better, because now they had to take out a barrier. Which was no problem for Mara. The young woman smiled at how the Jedi did it. "Gotta get me one of those," she thought to herself. She took out her own blaster and blasted the other side of the link, making the gap big enough for the others to go through.

After going through the opened gap of the disable barrier, CeCe glanced at the others. "Okay guys. Let's get rid of these other two droids, find the kidnapped civilians, and get off this dump of a planet." Hiding behind a tree, CeCe peeked out to see the two droidekas guarding something. Could be the entrance to where the base was. "Any ideas on how we can get rid of these two?" the vigilante asked the others.

She was glad they came this far. CeCe wasn't one to work in teams, but this team was doing good to work together. Setting aside their differences, they had to accomplish their goal: to save the civilians and find Auntie Lana. She also didn't want to admit this, but she wanted to make sure everyone got out of this safely. Last thing she wanted was a casualty...

Tag:
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sith-I-5 @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019 at 5:23 AM
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Sevrrina & Mara inside the Perimeter of the Base

Sevrina was relieved to be inside the base. She frowned as she looked at Mara and said lowly: "Those guard droids, they aren't the vulture kind are they?" She'd read in her initiate and padawan courses about those pesky things. The only things worse were those SBDs.
    Tag @SkywalkerShine \ @galactic-vagabond422 \ @Sith-I-5

21. The Real Kyp Durron

May 6, 2018
    Ic Kyp Durron
    In Headhunter, squirming uncomfortably.

"Acknowledged, no problem." Kyp responded to Luke. He had no issues with running escort for a transport. He just wanted to avoid any conflict at this point.

Tag @Sith-I-5