main
side
curve
  1. The Return of the Interviews - Vox Popoli II

Greetings Guest, Vox Popoli has returned and currently running in the Resource Forum. For more details, visit here

2. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Star Wars OPEN Creatures of the Dark (Always Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by SkywalkerShine, Jan 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: CeCe Barula
    Bait Cell, Inside the Old Sith Base, Dromund Kaas

As CeCe pressed her right hand on the transparisteel that separated her and the prisoners, she tried to spot her old Cosian friend inside. Nothing... Sighing, she knew that she had to get the prisoners free. That was their mission after all. But she still had to find Auntie Lana. Then, two prisoners spoke. One was clearly annoyed about the hold up. "Let's build a fire," he called through the transparisteel, "sing a coupla songs!" He glared at the jedi, pausing. "Gettus outta here! Please!" added his Aqualish neighbour.

"Don't worry, folks. We'll get you out of here. Just stay calm and follow our directions."

Turning to Luke and the other Jedi, she grinned mischievously at the sight of Kyp. These two always butt heads when it came to slavers. When she would kill slave traders or a slave master, Kyp would be on her case. Though Kyp was powerful in the Force, CeCe was always good at running away from him. She had to admit, she respected the young Jedi, even as a frenemy. But thinking about 'good times' would have to wait.

Glancing at the Jedi group, CeCe asked, "Do you guys think you could use your lightsabers to open this thing? But we gotta hurry up and get off this planet."

TAG:
    @Bodhran777 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sith-I-5 @galactic-vagabond422 @The Real Kyp Durron

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Samantha Irisa, Baille Harte, Carter Burke (nrc), Luke Skywalker, Level Two, and Bait Cell, respectively

The two Rescue Rangers had fallen victim to the white shield trap lift as well, however it had stopped ascending, and dropped the shield whilst they were still halfway between floors.

Groaning a bit more than was completely lady-like, the two girls hauled themselves the rest of the way onto the second floor, and went exploring, turning off their gun-mounted light beams as this floor was well lit, compared to where they had entered.

Samantha headed back to the lift shaft, and leaned in to look up the circular hole in the ceiling. "Wonder why the lift stopped. Looks like we would have been taken up there." She heard her cousin snickering and retreated from the edge to turn and glare at her. "What? Oh take your mind out of the gutter!"

She stared as Baille whirled away from her and stared up at the ceiling, where there were silver-wrapped pipes, and the flat panels of what both assumed to be a ventilation system.

"Shush, I heard something. Metal creaking. D'you think they've got rats?"

"I think they have everything." Samantha walked over, and this time heard the metal creaking above her. She looked up, calling, "Hello in the pipes, we can hear you. We're with the New Republic, so you may as well come out."

Bait Cell

Burke was pleased to get some reassurance from one of the people outside the cell:

"Don't worry, folks. We'll get you out of here. Just stay calm and follow our directions."

He watched through the transparisteel as she then turned to the men and asked them about using lightsabres to break in.

Outside the barrier, Luke was addressing his team. "Heads up, I'm sensing at least two Dark Siders in the vicinity. We could have company very soon."

Glancing at the Jedi group, CeCe asked, "Do you guys think you could use your lightsabers to open this thing?"

Skywalker looked at her, surprised. "Oh, you mean us! I thought we would be better placed fighting off the Sith marauders that led us here, but sure, I guess we can get in quicker than someone with two high-powered blasters. Sevrina, find a clear spot along there and start cutting a doorway. I'll start up this end.

"But we gotta hurry up and get off this planet."

"Why, have you got a date? Luke unhooked his lightsabre, activated it, and slashed it like an axe into the glassy barrier, the blade biting into it about head height with him, the material bubbling and running around the glowing plasma. "The Chief of State didn't give me the numbers for how many have been kidnapped, but unless you know about a Death Star on its way here, I'm pretty sure my sister wants us to come back with more than ten people."

Glancing past CeCe and Sevrina, at the far left of the hallway, he noticed the tall figure of the droid, or at least the same model, that he and Kyp had spotted earlier. It was already spinning its double-bladed weapon before it.

"Er, someone want to take care of that?"

Tag: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @The Real Kyp Durron @Bodhran777 @SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Sevrina at the Bait Cell

sevrina listened to the back and forth between Barula and Luke and then went to start slicing an access through the barrier as Luke took care of the other end. She too felt a tingling of malevolence that he had referred to.

This lent a sense of urgency.

IC: Mara Jade

Mara nodded and sent her lightsaber arcing through the air toward the droid and sliced off one of its gun clasps, and the blaster fell harmlessly to the floor. "One left. Think you all can tackle that one?" she snarked.

Tag: @SkywalkerShine ] @Sith-I-5

@Bodhran777 \ @The Real Kyp Durron

SkywalkerShine likes this.
  4. Bodhran777

Bodhran777 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2019
    IC: Voraan & Y7R8
    Level Two - Meet & Greet

Following the power cut to the lifts and shields, Voraan was busy grabbing whatever information he could from the base’s network and downloading them to his scanner. However, he was becoming increasingly annoyed with the sound of warping metal below his feet as he stepped from spot to spot. As light as he was and as careful as he tried to be, he still could not get away from the creak.

Suddenly, both he and Y7 spun toward a nearby ventilation panel as they heard a voice slightly below them.

“Hello in the pipes, we can hear you.” Oh great, they’ve found us, he thought. “We’re with the New Republic, so you may as well come out.” Oh, great! They’ve found us!

Y7 looked at Voraan, who shrugged and moved closer to the vent. Finding the latch to the vent, he popped the panel open and let it open, the metal plate flopping downward and swinging freely on its hinge. Cautiously, the Verpine moved his head around the opening, looking down and spotting the two Humans in Republic gear looking right at the vent. It was still dark in the vent shaft, so they likely wouldn’t make out his appearance too well yet.

“One second, I’m just finishing up some ‘maintenance’ here.”

He moved back to the scanner and unhooked the electronics, leaving the wire behind as scrap and stuffing the rest of it back in his bag. After a moment, the bag appeared slowly from the vent, being lowered down by Y7 as he looked at the two new acquaintances. He was then followed by Voraan, who landed on his feet by the bag and immediately put an empty hand up toward the two.

“Don’t shoot, I’m with the Republic.” He looked at them both, his voice coming from the collar worn around his neck. “Judging by your voices, you are not the ones I’ve been in contact with. I guess, then, that you’re the reinforcements?”

TAG:
    @Sith-I-5

5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Baille Harte, Samantha Irisa, Sith Base, Level Two

Baille peered up into the opened ventilator panel, as the escapee up there said that he wanted to finish off some maintenance.

The younger redhead crossed her arms in a fit of pique. "Wha-? Don't fix up their base for them!"

Samantha smiled. "Have you considered the possibility that he could be being sarcastic?"

This did not mollify Harte in the least, her huffing as more seconds passed with them stuck in the open down here. Unconsciously, she started tapping her foot. "This has got to be the worst rescue..."

"Oh, you would be surprised. Uncle Johmer told me about this one at the Wobani Correctional Facility." The khaki-skirted Rescue Ranger's desire to continue the tale, faded as a small floating droid dropped down from the ceiling, lowering a tool bag.

It was followed by a large insectoid creature, taller than them both. It showed a palm, and she started to raise her own to return the High Five, when it chittered, a voice coming from the collar around its neck.

Don’t shoot, I’m with the Republic.

Irisa pulled in her rising palm as nonchalantly as she could, and stroked it down her side.

He looked at them both. “Judging by your voices, you are not the ones I’ve been in contact with. I guess, then, that you’re the reinforcements?

Samantha told her cousin to update their boss, then addressed the civilian.
    "I'm Samantha, that's Baille. Rainbow Rescue Rangers. We're with the people you made contact with, except we came in through a different door. And you are?"

Off to one side, Harte called CeCe's comlink.
    "Okay, we're on Level Two and have made contact with the being that got out. Shall we extract him to safety, or try to meet up yourselves?"

Tag: @Bodhran777 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (as you have CeCe's comlink)

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Mara at the Cells

Suddenly, Barula's comlink signaled, and Mara heard the voice of Baille Harte on the other end.
    "Okay, we're on Level Two and have made contact with the being that got out. Shall we extract him to safety, or try to meet up yourselves?"

Mara said crisply, coming to a quick decision as was typical for her:
    "Yes, get him to safety, either the NR backup or our own ships, whichever seems best. We don't want to attract any more attention than is strictly necessary."

Tag for: @Bodhran777 & @Sith-I-5
    @SkywalkerShine
    @The Real Kyp Durron

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Luke Skywalker, Baille Harte, Samantha Irisa, Level 3 bait cell and Level 2, respectfully.

Luke finished sawing a golden rectangle of molten transparisteel into the barrier, and half withdrew the lightsabre before remembering that he could in fact just switch it off.

He looked cautiously along the corridor to where the staff-spinning droid that his girlfriend had just hit, paused to pick up her lightsabre, and hooked it onto its' own torso.
    It started advancing, making it clear that it wanted a melee fight.

Luke looked through the barrier at the prisoners and waved their attention to the work that he had done. "Keep clear of the hot bits and just kick it out. We're gonna be busy on this side." He glanced at CeCe and Kyp, who seemed to have stopped emoting.
    "Well, I say 'we'..."

Level Two

Baille acknowledged Jade's instructions. "Copy that." She looked over at her cousin and the insectoid. "Okay, we are getting you out of here."

Samantha nodded and moved the short distance to the edge of the circular hole in the floor, that led down to the next floor down.

Fortunately, the lift platform was up halfway, so they would only have to jump down onto it, then from it to the first floor.

She looked back at the creature. "Okay, we came up through here. You okay to jump down, or would you prefer I lead to secure the area?"

Tag: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Bodhran777

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  8. Bodhran777

Bodhran777 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2019
    OOC: Sorry for the delay. Things are crazy these days, and I've been trying to play catch-up on a lot of things, this forum included.

IC: Voraan, Y7R8

Rescued?

Voraan watched the pair of rangers as they made their introductions, glad to hear they were part of the group he had been talking to.

“I’m Voraan or the Roche System, and this is Y7R8. We were caught up with a large group of civilians, who I believe are elsewhere in the facility.”

As he was shifting the pack of gear back on, he overheard the comms coming in to his new acquaintances, making his head tilt with confusion. They were pulling him out. Stepping a bit closer, he shook his head.

“Now hold on. You have other people in this place that need out way more than us. Sure, we escaped from a cell, but we can help out. Unlike others being held here, we aren’t civilians who can’t shoot or hack a door. Tell then, Y7.”

The floating droid looked from Voraan to the two rangers.

“A larger rescue party would indeed increase the likelihood of defeating any enemies encountered and successfully retrieving other prisoners,” he quipped.

“Besides, from what I heard on the comms before you arrived, the others may be in a bit of a situation. I’ve been trying to help them from here, but I can’t tell what exactly is going on.”

He looked from one to the other, hoping they weren’t set on the extraction still. In his opinion, they would be better served helping the other people in this place that had been caught up in the middle of the action, rather than a lone NR operative.

TAG:
    @Sith-I-5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.