main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Star Wars Creatures of the Dark (Always Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by SkywalkerShine, Jan 24, 2018.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Sevrina and Mara, Jade's Fire

Upon arrival, it was not long before a signal arrived from the "Bleeding Heart," with a course of action/next step:

"Dasha informed me that we should land and be familiar with the place, before sending reinforcement. I'll send Organa-Solo the coordinates to Dromund Kaas after we find the enemy base. Until then, follow me."

Mara sent an acknowledgement and they fell in line behind the Heart and near the Detective Wyms.

"Seems quiet." Sevrina commented. "Hope it's not the one that's there before the storm."

"Never hurts to hope, I suppose." Mara said wryly. "But best be prepared for a 'surprise', anyway."

TAG: @Sith-I-5 \ @SkywalkerShine

2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Dasha Astakhova
    Dasha's Cabin, Bleeding Heart

A look of grim determination came over her face hearing, and feeling that they were finally descending. It was finally time to get started on this, finally time to find Raan. Still jacked into ship sensors she scanned for anything that looked like a base, a compound or something that could house a secret cult of kidnappers or whatever they were. She also looked for places to land clearings in jungles and sheltered places like under a cliff or a waterfall, places to hide ship. There weren't many but, a few would do. She sent the locations to CeCe and left it up to her to bring them in for a landing.

Setting her pad to the side she checked her pistol making sure it was fully charged. Next was her comset fidgeting with the frequency, power and other settings to secure it from outside intrusion. Wouldn't do to have their location given away by their idle chatter. Another advantage of her equipment she could reach orbit with it, give the New Republic a heads up when they enter.

After that she readied her datapad, all the codebreaking and slicing protocols she could possibly need right at her fingertips.

With all that done she rose to her feet putting on her boots back on. They here a little heavy and big for her but, in this environment they would be useful. Finally she slung Raan's green jacket over her shoulder. Jungles were not know for being cool but, she'd be damned if she wasn't bringing it with her.

All her gear put together she stood at the top of the ramp waiting for CeCe to join her and begin this scouting mission.

TAG: @SkywalkerShine @Sith-I-5 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

3. The Real Kyp Durron

The Real Kyp Durron Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2018
    Ic

Meditating was boring, but a necessary part of his life now and sitting cross legged on the stone plateau above the forest, Kyp felt calm. He was still having nightmares, but they weren't as often as they'd been in the past and he was coming to terms with his own mortality and the actions he'd taken years ago. The rest of the Galaxy, he knew, was going to tle a lot longer to move past it. He did justify it in some ways by comparing it to the a Death Star, how many died then? On both of them? No one said a thing then, but he knew the circumstances were very different.

"Hey Kyp. The kidnappings have gotten worse. Ever since I spoke with Leia, she had a small team to find out what's going on. I've sent one of the students named Oliver with them, but haven't received any reports from him, I fear that something might've happened..."

His thoughts were interrupted by a familiar voice. Opening his eyes he didn't turn around at first.

"Afternoon Master." He frowned and turned to face Luke, "What kidnappings? Did I miss something?" He uncrossed his legs and stood to face him, "And why would you send Oliver? Without being rude, he's scatterbrained." He said sounding rude despite his claim. "And if you sent him then the chances that somethings gone wrong are well, pretty kriffin' high, once again, without sounding rude." a wry smile touched his lips. He knew Luke understood what he meant. "What do you need from me?"

Tag @SkywalkerShine

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Hangar Crew, Main Hangar, Mon Mothma star destroyer

Technicians unplugged power droids from X-Wings, as their orange-clad pilots ran or jogged across the deck to get to their cockpits, while still other flight crews boarded huge Theta-class AT-AT barges that dominated one corner of the hangar.

Out on the deck, officers from the Republic Army, and the ship's medical contingent, sorted out the makeup of the teams that would go with each barge.

Tag: no-one

5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Samantha Irisa, Baille Harte, Detective Wyms Firespray-31 patrol craft

The spacecraft shaped like an elephant's head buffetted around as it slid deeper into the planet atmosphere, chasing the Bleeding Heart.

Samantha's face creased into a secret smile upon hearing her cousin's groan of discomfort, which was hardly surprising, given that Baille's usual ride, the Imperial TIE fighter, was not renowned for its' aerodynamic designs. "How many drops is this for you, Lieutenant?"

Baille also smiled, not only because she welcomed any recognition of her old rank, but because she recognised a holo-movie quote when she heard it. The redhead exaggerated a gulp of faux nervousness in response. "Thirty-eight. Simulated."

"How many combat drops?"

"Two. Including this one."

"Stang." Samantha shook her head in pretendy disbelief.

"Hey, language!" Baille reproved, breaking character. "Don't make me tell Auntie Lim."

"Sorry." Irisa glanced to the left, past Baille and out of the curved canopy, just as the thick cloud momentarily obscured the Jade's Fire flying alongside them, but she reappeared almost immediately. "You won't have time once we land, so if you need to use the fresher, better go now."

Baille considered this, ans snapped open her seat restraints, swivelling to the left to squeeze between the side of her seating, and the R2 unit, skipping back to the rear of the craft.

Thinking more to create opportunity for one last quote, than any maternal instinct, Irisa allowed Baille time to get situated and comfy, then called back, "Remember, short controlled burst!" She snickered to herself.

Tag: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @SkywalkerShine

Notes: Quotes are from Aliens.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Mara Jade and Sevrina Bendal, heading toward Dromund Kaas' surface

Mara kept abreast of the Detective Wyms and slightly behind the Bleeding Heart. She had never been to Dromund Kaas, although she had naturally heard of it, and she knew Sevrina had studied up on its lore and history as well.

The only place she'd prefer least to be would be Korriban, Sevrina thought. She hoped the reinforcements weren't far behind.

TAG: Any/All

SkywalkerShine likes this.
  7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Co-GM OOC: Taking over for now, as I don't know when @SkywalkerShine will be back on.

IC: CeCe Berula, Bleeding Heart freighter

CeCe looked down as her datapad beeped, and she could see several locations pointed out by their resident slicer as places to land.

One looked interesting.

An opening at the centre of a series of rocky crags that speared up out of the terrain, a curved passageway that they would have to fly through to get to, and then at the far end, of the opening, an arryo leading out to a wooded area that would take them towards the artificial structure that her forward sensors were just detecting at the edge of their range.

If they approached low enough to the surface, they ought to be able to approach undetected, and then that hiding place should be able to conceal the ships from any enemy flyovers, or satellite surveillance.

"Thanks Dasha!" She called over her shoulder, trusting that the pink-haired girl could hear her. She wanted to transmit her plans to the others, but this close to the slaver base, assuming that was what was ahead of them, that probably was not going to be a good idea.

They would just have to follow her lead.

CeCe pulled back on one of the levers on her control panel, bring the Corellian freighter's twin-pronged nose up as they got low over a field of swaying cereal, shedding speed, and headed for the dark vertical fissure in the slightly lighter blue cliff face before her.

Since it was night time down here, either because it really was night, or because of local Mystery Planet climate rules, she switched on the lumis on the front of her ship, to see what in Oseon she was doing, and carefully put her ship onto its side to help it slot into the target canyon, the spotlights skimming over the crags that were revealed to be rust red as they closed on either side of her.

"We'll be landing soon, Dasha!" She called, then grimly considered silently. Or, we'll die in a fireball.

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @SkywalkerShine

IC: Luke Skywalker, Training Ground

Kyp ceased meditating and rose up to face him. "What kidnappings? Did I miss something?"

Luke nodded to himself. He should not have assumed that Kyp would already be aware of the recent events.

"A mysterious group has been raiding various planets and taking civilians to parts unknown. My sister has been at her wit's end, and has engaged a group of adventurers to find out what is going on."

Kyp gave his views on Oliver, then, a wry smile touching his lips, asked the sixty-four million credit question: "What do you need from me?"

"You and I are going to join the investigation. Leia is trying to arrange a star destroyer, however, since it won't be coming to meet us, have you got a starfighter that-" Now Skywalker managed a wry smile of his own, "-you haven't already thrown into a sun?"

Tag: @The Real Kyp Durron

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  8. The Real Kyp Durron

May 6, 2018
    Ic

Kyp folded his arms over his chest and tilted his head to the side. "Really?" he rolled his eyes. "Give me your lightsaber and I'll free up your X Wing." He added with a good deal of sarcasm giving his head a shake. "There's that old Headhunter in the hangar, if you give me a few hours, I can get it working and the hyperdrive needs tweaking." He started to walk past Master Skywalker, stopping beside him, "You want it faster, you could help?" Continuing he almost jogged down the stone steps, the sooner he got to it the sooner he got off this rock.

TAG @Sith-I-5

9. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    OOC: Thank you for filling in for me, @Sith-I-5. I deeply apologize for taking long, guys. Work and life has been really hectic. I'm trying my best to have my hours cut short at work so I can be at ease. Again, my deepest apologies...Once @galactic-vagabond422 post, I'll post after them. And this time, I won't take long.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  10. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Dasha Astakhova
    Boarding Ramp, Bleeding Heart

As they were coming in Dasha hooks her arm around one of the post. Looking at their current heading she could see where they were going. A collection of rocky spires with a gully cut through it leading towards some structures that were just coming into range. As the angle increased she wrapped both arms around the post to keep herself from falling into a heap into the corner. If they kept this up she would be hanging from the thing her feet touching nothing. To avoid looking ridiculous and give her arms a break she crouched low keeping her boots at an angle. Once she was low to the deck she braced and let go of the post she'd been holding onto and slid the short distance to the opposite side. Her heavy boots slammed into the bulkhead with a noticeable clang but, there was a reason she wore thick soled boots...good shock absorption. Raan would have warned her they were going sideways. Seems that slipped CeCe's mind.

"You're welcome." She muttered under her breath.

TAG
    : @SkywalkerShine

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Samantha Irisa, Baille Harte, the Detective Wyms

Samantha's sensors painted a collection of buildings in the distance ahead, as their trio of ships swooped deeper into the atmosphere, and then they were in clear air, below the cloud cover, but apparently in was night time, with everything outside the canopy either black or dark blue.

An audible warning from the Terrain Following Sensors (TFS), alerted her to the ground rushing up to meet them, prompting her to rapidly decelerate them, feeling heavier in herself as she was pushed into her seat cushion, then she leveled them out, chasing the
    Bleeding Heart's glowing afterburners as she pushed down fields of swaying grasses under her repulsors and wake.

Something ahead broke her sensor lock on the structures that she had picked up, and the TFS showed the contour of the land thusting up in sharp-pointed hills or something like that, with the Corellian freighter heading right for it.

"This is an odd play for the Trade Federation." She quipped with a frown, unsure what the pilot of the ship ahead of her, CeCe had planned. Whether to swoop up over the spires at the last minute, or scream over the comlink and plough straight into them.

Headlights at the front end of the freighter, cast white circles of illumination far bigger than herself, over the approaching cliff face ahead of them, so that Irisa could see the Bleeding Heart's craggy disc-shaped silhouette against the rust-shaded outcroppings.

The slash of ion engine glow ahead of them, flipped ninety degrees, the scene ahead darkening significantly as the vessel slotted between the two sides of rock. "Okay, that looks risky." She observed, shedding more speed and following after the rescue leader. "Here goes."

The night closed around them, although there was a moving band of light as the freighter's engine glow reflected off the arryo walls on either side, which helped to clue her in to obstacles.

Irisa flipped the switches to activate her own beams, lighting up the route of the ravine that they were flying into.

Baille turned up in her peripheral vision, in the floucy ballgown from Ord Whatever. Samantha was already6 shaking her head at her cousin's reflection. "You are not wearing that."

"But-"

"Not the terrain for it, from what I could tell." She jinked the controls to the right and then left, taking them round a sharp outcropping that looked like it had almost disembowelled the Bleeding Heart. "Put on the yellow rainbow uniform, boots, that stormtrooper belt of yours, then get back here and give me a reading on the atmosphere outside."

Unseen, Harte frowned at her. "In that order?"

"Yes!" Irisa snapped sharply, really not wanting to divert attention away from helm control to deal with this. "Now do as you are told, or you are going to bed."

"Alright, fine." Baille disappeared into the back, leaving Samantha to shake her head, and think that she expected to be emulating her mother long before she started acting like Uncle Mitch.

Anyway, at least she could concentrate on not careering them along the inside of the gully, throwing burning shrapnel into the path of the Jade's Fire.

"First opening that we come to, big enough to put down in, I'm kriffing landing the ship." She promised herself.

Tag: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @SkywalkerShine

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Sevrina and Mara on the "Fire"

Mara scowled... this was some crazy terrain they were flying into. Hard to get into and iffy for a fast getaway--something she did not like in the slightest. She watched as the Wyms maneuvered their way efficiently through the tight and twisty landscape. Great skills, there, Mara thought with admiration. She kept the two ships--The Wyms and the Heart--in visual and sensor range. Best not to get separated, especially with what might be awaiting them ground-side.

@Sith-I-5 \ @SkywalkerShine

etc

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Luke Skywalker, Jedi Academy training ground.

Kyp folded his arms over his chest and tilted his head to the side. "Really?" he rolled his eyes. "Give me your lightsaber and I'll free up your X Wing."

Luke grinned, enjoying his friend's response, especially all the sarcasm that he laid on. He then mentioned a Z-95 Headhunter that was in the hangars.

"You want it faster, you could help?"

"Fine." Luke conceded. "Lead the way; I'll call Artoo to meet us there." He trailed Kyp towards the dense stone ziggurat that jutted up beyond the thick jungle greenery around them. He brought his comlink up. "Artoo? Meet me at the hangars, and if you get there first, run a diagnostic on the Headhunter that is there. Luke out."

The Jedi Grandmaster trudged after Kyp, following him to the high-ceilinged, stone-paved hangar.

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: CeCe Barula, cockpit of the Bleeding Heart freighter

The powerful lights on the front of the cargo-loading prongs, stopped finding the tight walls on either side of them, the proximity sensors picking out just what she had hoped to find, an area within the jagged hills that ought to be large enough for their three vessels to land in, and maybe even a couple more.

The young vigilante leveled them back out to horizontal, and took the ship down, deploying the telescopic landing struts, and parking on the left side of the oval. Outside the segmented cockpit canopy, the landing zone was pitch black, or would be if not for the bright white lumis of her own craft, and at least one of the others.

She started flicking toggles, shutting down various systems, but chose to keep the ship ticking over, in case they needed to make a speedy getaway. She kicked the ventral hull floodlights on, which would illuminate the area immediately under the ship so that nothing could surprise them as they disembarked.

"Dasha, we're down!" She called through the cockpit door, as she released her seat restraints and rose out of her seat, grabbing up her gunbelt and buckling it around her. "Meet me at the boarding ramp." She did not yet know that the pink-haired slicer had already made her way there.

Additional lighting outside, drew Barula's attention to the sight of the odd-shaped Detective Wyms hovering above the canyon floor to re-orient itself so that it's thrusters faced down, rather than facing the back. It slowly lowered to the floor, to settle next to the opposite cliff face on the right.

That should leave plenty of options for the Jade's Fire to set down either between them; or between them and ahead or behind, making an arrowhead formation, or a 'V' formation, respectively.

CeCe figured she would need her night-vision goggles, and wondered where she had left them.

She looked around the cockpit to see if there was anything else that she ought to grab, then stalked out of the cockpit, calling through the ship. "It's dark out there. Do you need nightvision, or a glowrod?"

Tag: @SkywalkerShine @galactic-vagabond422 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Sevrina and Mara on the Jade's Fire
    Dromund Kaas

Mara was pleased that the slicer's information had proved trustworthy, as she settled the Jade's Fire in a (thankfully) more spacious opening in the canyon, finding as she glanced at the displays that the Wyms and Heart were adjacent and behind their position, which led to the vessles being in a 'V' formation.

She set the ship's systems on remote standby, to preserve power but to be able to remotely power the systems back up to ready--in case there was a need for a quick getaway.

Sevrina came back from the storage lockers with high-powered glowrods and extra ration bars. They each sported their lightsabers, as well as commlinks.

Mara and Sevrina made their way to the boarding ramp and descended it swiftly, keeping their eyes peeled.

@Sith-I-5 \ @SkywalkerShine \
    @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  16. The Real Kyp Durron

May 6, 2018
    IC Kyp Durron
    Temple hangar

It'd been a few hours, but the work was getting done to a level that was not only satisfactory but safe to some degree. Cutting corners on this kind of thing was never a smart move. Tightening a last bolt, Kyp wiped the sweat from his brow, despite the stone structure of the temple, the day was warm and he'd worked himself to a literal lather. "Done." he grunted before turning to see where Luke was, he couldn't see him immediately but knew he was on the other side of the ship. "I'm done here, when you are, we can fire it up and test it." he called out. He had no intentions of flying anywhere without a test flight, blowing up or worse just stopping in the middle of nowhere really didn't appear to be a optimal option for him. "I want to give it a run, then get cleaned up, can leave when you're ready."

Tag @Sith-I-5 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Luke Skywalker, Temple Hangar

The Jedi Grandmaster had been using his time on the other side of the Z-95 productively, sitting on a striped deck chair with a long draught of something cool, reading a novelisation of the fictional continuation of adventures for the Heroes of Yavin, The Force Awakens.

Yavin's muggy climate made the pages damp, and stick together, but that last fact was one that he was not going to mention to Kyp, less the sarcastic young man come up with a theory as to why.

Of course, bringing the deck chair along would not have gotten past the observant Durron, so he had told him that it was so he could check the undercarriage without getting his clothes filthy.

He had just gotten to the part where a short friend of Han's, had found the lightsabre that he had lost under Bespin Cloud City, Yeah, right!, when he had gotten a strong sense of satisfaction from Durron, followed by verbal confirmation: "Done."

"Huh?" Luke looked up, startled. He couldn't see Kyp looking at him, still hidden on the other side.

"I'm done here, when you are, we can fire it up and test it."

"Good job. Give me a minute." Luke picked up the glass, observed what remained of the orange-coloured dipao juice, and considered quaffing the rest of it, then hesitated. Master Yoda had claimed that the future was unclear, but Luke had the strong sense of something going down the wrong way, and him on his hands and knees choking and giving the game away.

His gaze narrowed as he spotted something, the black speck of an insect on the inside of the glass, feasting on the sugary residue. Oh, you little-

"I want to give it a run, then get cleaned up, can leave when you're ready."

"Sounds like a plan. Landing gear looks good." That was certainly true. The undercarriage was great, nothing for him to do there, when he had opened that section up.

Artoo had already whistled and blooped across the hangar, that his own X-Wing was good, and at the moment, it was directing one of their two power droids as it recharged that ship's power converters.

Skywalker used the Force to discretely move the book and glass outside, before asking Kyp to help him out of the deck chair. He was sitting so deep into the thing, that he didn't have the angle for a Force Jump.

"Kyp, buddy? Actually no, never mind." That would be adding insult to injury, Luke looked to see if he could get up another way. He didn't want to just fall sideways out of the thing, and get up that way, as that would just defeat the object of not wanting to mess his black clothing up.

On the other hand, he wasn't wearing this on the flight either. He started rocking from side to side...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  18. The Real Kyp Durron

May 6, 2018
    Ic Kyp Durron
    Temple Hangar

He was packing the tools up when he heard his name, but then was dismissed. He scowled, and a gentle Force brush told him to look. Moving to the nose of the Headhunter he peered around and what he saw caused him to raise his eyebrow. Leaning against the ship he watched for a few moments before shaking his head and returning to his task. "And they say I'm immature." he muttered as he wiped his hands.

Tag @Sith-I-5

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Baille Harte, Samantha Irisa, Detective Wyms

Feeling chastised, as well as a little guilty for pushing Samantha into snapping at her, Baille did as she was told, while her cousin landed them on this new planet.

She unzipped the back of the ballgown and pushed it down towards the deck, then stepped carefully out of it, hurriedly rolling the thing up, apparently against it's will, layers of cerulean blue organza tickling her nose like an over-exubriant pet greeting her from work, and she pushed it as best she could, onto the lozenge-shaped alcove that was her bunk.

She watched for a moment to make sure that it did not unfurl and pop back out at her, then reached down for her valise and pulled out the long lemon-coloured t-shirt dress that she had been instructed to wear, pulling it down over her head, putting her arms through the abbreviated sleeves, pulling her hair up out of the neckline, and pulling the rest of the thing down past her hips, as far as they would go. She looked down, contemplating for a quick moment, the slick-surfaced rainbow decal, arcing over her chest. Their actions put weight behind the childish-looking image.
    Shaking her head, she reached for the camouflage-painted stormtrooper belt, clipping it securely around her waist.

She slotted one of the racked E-11's into the scabbard, and returned the short distance to the cockpit, running the atmosphere check that Samantha had requested.

"I don't like this place." Samantha confided with a shiver, peering out into the darkness.

"Apart from the slavers, I would imagine that to be a common feeling." Baille murmured as she got the sensors to test the air outside. "Air is breathable. Slight elevation in methane locally, but not enough to cause us any health or ignition-by-blaster issues. Gravity is comparable to home. I mean, um, Christophsis." She would have to get used to not thinking of that place as her home.

Samantha slipped off her chair, "Uncle Mitch could still change his mind, you never know. In the mean time, we need to pack comlinks, nightvision, glowrods, a medikit, and to be heavily armed."

Baille nodded, agreeing at least, with the latter part. "Last time we met these abos, on Ord Mantell, they had droideka, B2 battledroids, so at the very least, we'll need something that can take those drokkers out."

"According to Barula, this is recon only, but if it looks like they are running, I expect Dasha will want to intervene directly, rather than letting them lose us again."

Samantha pulled a pink rainbow t-shirt over her long-sleeved khaki blouse, pulled it down to settle around her gunbelt and holstered DL-44 blaster pistol, then sat on the steps between the cockpit at living area, to drag her lolling brown kneeboots over to her.

Looking into the flight deck, she observed Baille laying her hand on the silent astromech's polished dome. "Oh, I'd forgotten we had that."

"Can you fly this thing?" Baille asked it.

The droid whistled a confident response.

"Had a pilot's licence since you were twelve, eh?" Baille chuckled.

Samantha listened closely as she zipped her boots up. She called to the thing: "
    Droid? Monitor comms channel 1-5-4. That'll be us. If we say, Red Alert, I want you to lift off, and bring the ship to our location, ready to pick us up, or to start shooting if we look to be in trouble. However, if we say, Black Alert, lift off and signal the Mon Mothma that we need emergency backup, and to send everything that they've got."

It blatted in a way that she took positively.

After a few more moments of getting ready, and suitably gunned up, both girls left the heaviest ordnance till last, Samantha and Baille respectively picking up the thick cylindered PLX-1 (7-shot portable missile launcher), and a SLIC (4-shot shoulder-launched ion cannon), with the redhead slinging hers across her back.

Both launchers, along with the nightvision goggles, had been picked up from the Mon Mothma Star Destroyer, along with the droid. Being deputised by the New Republic had its perks.

She crossed to the rear of the ship where the hatch was, and waited for her cousin to enter the code to open it, then realised that Irisa was still on the spot, bent over and appearing to weigh the black pipe-like weapon with one arm.

"You alright?"

"Too...too heavy." Samantha grunted. She dropped to one knee, and opened the cartridge, picking the missiles out, looking round for somewhere to put them.

When the hatch lifted and both trotted down the short ramp into the white light afforded by the 'Wyms's landing lights, Samantha's PLX-1 was down to two missiles, with the rest nestled in the soft clothing of Baille's suitcase.

"Well, to be honest," the senior Rainbow Rescue Ranger commented as she followed Baille out the raised hatch, ducking under the tapered, raised tail section, "if there are more than two droideka, we are probably dead anyway."

"C'mon, try to keep a little optimism." Baille peered around into the darkness, spotting to their right, the bottom half of the Bleeding Heart, visible thanks to the underside lights that illuminated her landing gear, while her top half was lost in the darkness, apart from what could be seen from the segmented windows of her cockpit.
    She stepped off the ramp, and stood on the actual planet surface, looking around. "
    Where's the Jade's Fire?"

"They landed in front of us, between us and the 'Heart."

Baille turned and stepped out to her right, to peering round the ship's hull to see if she could spy that other craft and its' crew.

Tag: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Mara and Sevrina, Debarking on Drommund Kaas

Their glowrods picked up taut cables made of an unknown substance, and scattered piles of what were the size of twigs, the purpose of which was not clear. They could be innocuous or booby-trapped to set off alarms if approached or touched, so Mara and Sevrina kept a safe distance.

They noticed the arrival of the Wyms' contingent as well as some way off, those from the Bleeding Heart.

Mara scanned and found their frequency and hailed them on a tight-beamed frequency: "Jade and Bendal, here. Let's triangulate and meet up at the Heart, and compare notes and decide on a plan of action?"

Tag for:
    @Sith-I-5 etc.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Luke Skywalker, Jedi Academy hangar

Even though he had told Kyp, "Never mind", he still felt a bit put out that the man had watched him dispassionately for several minutes whilst wiping at his oil-stained hands.

There was a holomovie that he had watched on-base with Rogue Squadron, several times in fact, due to Hoth not receiving regular holo service.

Anyway, a memorable early scene had had one person, a sort of investigator, asking questions of a low-level worker at a corporation, including what he would do if he came across a small shelled mammal on it's back in the hot sunlight. Would he try to help it, flip it back over.

As Durron quipped, "And they say I'm immature." Luke figured he knew what Durron would do with an animal suffering in the sun, especially if popcorn was available.

As so often happens, as one door closes, another one opens, the sound of a high-pitched whirring, flashing the jedi's mind back to an Ewok trap on Endor, where he, Threepio, Chewie, and perhaps Han, had been suspended over the forest floor.

He glanced over to see Artoo Detoo beside his chair!

"W-wait! No, Artoo!"

The deckchair collapsed, Skywalker having to react fast not fall onto the spinning buzzsaw as his astromech scooted backwards out of the way, but not fast enough that Luke did not bang into it's torso as he arrived on his hands and knees.

"Artoo, what have you done?" He stared morosely at the flattened furniture's sliced-through support, a spray of tan sawdust between it and himself.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Baille Harte, Samantha Irisa, outside the rear of the Detective Wyms

Baille found her gaze travelling up and along the visible size of the orange ship that certainly dwarfed the Firespray, by several magnitudes, and was probably a bit longer than the Bleeding Heart.

Her mouth dropped open, as she spied an open area rimmed by safety railings, between the first and third levels of the long craft's rounded rear. Was...was that an exterior observation deck? Like, like on a building?

"Jade and Bendal, here." Came over their SGIS wrist-communicators, Baille hearing the words in stereo. She waved at the pair, whilst behind her, Samantha, still on the ramp, responded.

"Reading you. Irisa and Harte here."

"Let's triangulate and meet up at the 'Heart, and compare notes and decide on a plan of action?"

"Uh, what do you mean by triangulate?" Samantha enquired with a frown, suspecting that her counterpart was not using the term correctly. If she meant, 'meet us by the 'Heart, there was no need to triangulate anything. The freighter was lit up like a durindfire, and just sitting there across from all of them.

"Girls? There's something up with the ground."

Samantha looked over to see Mitch's daughter fanning her glowrod over the dirt-covered ground in front of her, the light catching broken white twigs, and taut-looking cables that seemed to criss-cross the area, as well as subtle, tiny hairs up her forearm.

"Baille, don't touch anything. Jade, Bendal, are you seeing this white stuff on the ground, over where you are? Twigs 'n' stuff."

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Sevrina and Mara on Drommund Kaas

There was a quick response over Mara's comm, and Sevrina adjusted her commlink to catch the reply:
    "Reading you. Irisa and Harte here."

"Let's triangulate and meet up at the 'Heart, and compare notes and decide on a plan of action?" came Mara's suggestion.

"Uh, what do you mean by triangulate?" Samantha enquired.

Sevrina gave Mara a sideways look. She was being purposely obscure, just in case someone actually was monitoring the channel.

"Girls? There's something up with the ground."

"Baille, don't touch anything. Jade, Bendal, are you seeing this white stuff on the ground, over where you are? Twigs 'n' stuff."

Sevrina chimed in: "Yes, and don't worry. I'm not going anywhere near those things!"

Tag: @Sith-I-5

24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: CeCe Barula, Bleeding Heart freighter.

CeCe found her nightvision goggles in her quarters, and put them on her head, ready to be pulled down the moment she stepped beyond the landing lights, as it looked pitch dark out there.

The slicer had not yet responded to her earlier shout, so she carried on getting ready, mulling over whether to wear her magna-gloves with her Cortosis shield gauntlets.

The gloves could adhere to, and attract metal objects; whilst the gauntlets were made of metal. Putting on the latter, whilst wearing the former, was always a tricky affair.

Tag: no-one

IC: Samantha Irisa, Baille Harte, outside the Detective Wyms

Samantha descended the ramp, and stepped onto the ground, also waving her glowrod around.

"Yes, and don't worry. I'm not going anywhere near those things!" One of their contacts reported, Bendal possibly.

"Sensible."

"I don't think these are twigs."

Samantha looked over to see Baille cautiously poking at one with the end of her glowrod, pushing it through the dry-looking soil.

"
    What did I say about touching them?" She whispered urgently.

Ignoring her, Harte dropped into a squat for a closer peruse. "This one looks like a small animal bone..." She looked up and fanned the glowrod a little higher to cast its glow a little further. "Y'know, these could all be bones."

25. The Real Kyp Durron

May 6, 2018
    Ic Kyp Durron
    Hangar - Jedi Academy

He continued to clean up, but listening as well. When he heard the whirring of what he could only assume was something R2 may have produced, he stopped and closed his eyes. This was going to end badly, he just knew it. Tossing the rag down in annoyance he returned to the nose of the Headhunter and ducked under just in time to see the chair collapse and the ensuring mess as Luke fell face first down putting his hands out to stop himself before asking R2 what had the droid done.

"I would have thought that would be obvious Master Skywalker, or should it be Master Skycrawler at this point?" He chuckled to himself. "Surely you saw that coming? I kinda did as soon as I heard the saw going. No Jedi skills required there!"

Walking over he extended his hand to help him up. "Maybe when this comedy show is done, I can test the ship and we can get moving?" he asked sarcastically.

Tag @Sith-I-5