main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Criminal Gangs Post-Endor: Kanjiklub, Guvian, etc...

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Karl0413, Dec 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    I just noticed something, we don't have thread to discuss the criminal underworld and what we have learned of it during the ST. Let's rectify that. First up:

[​IMG]

For those of you have trouble reading the text on the image:

An Outer Rim gang of ruffians that often comes into conflict with the Guavian Death Gang, Kanjiklub has found a common ground with their rivals in the form of mutual hatred of Han Solo. The Sly Correllian Smuggler has borrowed money from both outfits to complete his risky cargo haul and neither organization cares for Solo taking such risks with their capital. Add to that, Solo has twice left Kanjiklub empty handed after failure to deliver cargo.

Tasu Leech is the nominal leader of the scuffy Kanjiklub gang. Unlike their more organized and polished Guavian rivals, Kanjiklub resembles an unruly group of street fighters and weapon wielding thugs who dabble in extortion, piracy and starship theft. Leech is not one for elaborate plans and rarely thinks beyond the next raid. Traditional to his frontier roots, he refuses to speak a word of Basic, deeming it a soft language for soft people, though he can understand it well enough.

During their long enslavement by the Hutts, the human colonists of Nar Kanji developed fighting styles that incorporated improvised weaponry, both melee and ranged. The modern Kanjiklubbers celebrate the ingenuity that kept their ancestors alive, and typically equip themselves with intimidating patchwork armor, jury-rigged rifles, blades, and clubs.

A lieutenant to Tasu Leech, Razo Qin-Fee was banned from the underworld Zygerrian fighting circuit for suspected cheating- remarkable for a sport that has no rules. A pyromanic and tech expert, Razzo maintains the hodgepodge weaponry and explosives favored by wild kanjklubbers, frequently upgrading and modifying their tools of the trade to sinister and exacting specifications.

Obviously Han Solo has a history with these two organizations. I think odds are good we are going to see more of them in the future EU. So let's make this thread to talk about Kanjklub, the Guavian Death Gang, Unkar Plutt and any other criminal scum of the post-Endor era. [face_cowboy]

2. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    You're forgetting the Hassk thug! Unless that's his species, he probably belongs to a gang.

3. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    I love that they're keeping the criminal element alive in this movie with all the thugs and gang members. Han Solo was always our link to the underworld (Greedo in ANH, the bounty hunters in ESB, Jabba in ROTJ, and now the Kanjiklub/Guavian Death Gang in TFA). Without Han in future films, I wonder which of the new characters will take up his mantle as our gateway to that world. It could be Rey, since she owns the Falcon and might inherit the trouble that seems to follow that particular ship, though the characters on her individual journey might be more Force-oriented and spiritual in nature. Poe seems to have Han's cocky personality, but he's probably more entwined in Resistance-related military matters. That leaves Finn, who does look to form a strong bond with Han. I'm still hoping he takes up with Maz and her pirates, which would be the perfect way to continue with the criminal element in future episodes.

4. Force22

Force22 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    Tasu Leech looks badass. They look so samurai like.
    I love how they are going with the Japanese influence (which is an important part of Star Wars).

5. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    These guys look fantastic. Frankly, I'm far more interested in seeing these kinds of spoilers about secondary elements of the galaxy/plot (criminals, aliens, etc) than I am seeing larger spoilers. Kudos to the person who has this book for showing restraint!

ETA: For reference, here are some of the other known criminal elements.

Guavian Enforcers:

[​IMG]

Hassk Thug:

[​IMG]

Unkar Plutt:

[​IMG]

Unkar's Thug and Teedo:

[​IMG]

Crimson Corsair:
    [​IMG]

Quiggold:

[​IMG]

Bazine:

[​IMG]

Grumgarr:

[​IMG]

The rest of the criminals in Maz's:

[​IMG]

6. Sgt. Carver

Sgt. Carver Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2015
    I'm already wishing these guys had a bigger role in TFA. Hopefully in the sequels.

7. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Looks like a samurai, fights like a ninja and leads a gang named after one of the japanese alphabets. Wonder what language he speaks? Space German, maybe? That's rough enough.

rumsmuggler, Revanfan1 and Force22 like this.
  8. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Sorry but i'm afraid like all those brilliant looking characters we see at the cantina in ANH, we're really unlikely to see again. Its one of the beauties of a GFFA, the space behind the principals is never bare and even background characters have backstories. You may get someone who turns out to be another Jabba the Hut, who knows?

thejeditraitor likes this.
  9. Sgt. Carver

Jul 27, 2015
    Maybe, but I'm not so sure of that. I still believe one of Rey's most important story lines going forward will be her liberating Jakku. The gang may play a role in that.

10. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Liberating Jakku? From what?

If Tasu Leech doesn't die in TFA he has a high chance of becomming the new Jabba. And the Crimson Corsair to be the new Boba Fett. You know I'm kinda glad that not every Kaleesh mask looks like the head of cyborg Grievous.

Toonimator and thejeditraitor like this.
  11. Sgt. Carver

Jul 27, 2015
    Unkar Plutt or whoever is controlling the water and food on the planet. From the way it reads, he basically a dictator.

Darth Doop and bluecadet3 like this.
  12. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Nice to get some info on the criminal element that are around in this era of star wars.

13. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    Very nice costumes these asian guys got. I hope we get to see plenty of them in the movie!

14. Jo Lucas

Aug 28, 2015
    After Jabba's death...

15. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    That is obvious since he's been dead for 30 years give or take.

16. Jo Lucas

Aug 28, 2015
    But... is Jabba really dead...?

Kylo Ren is Jabba. :D

rumsmuggler likes this.
  17. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    I wouldn't mind at all if Benicio del Toro were the new "Jabba" i.e. the head of the criminal underworld in the ST.

18. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I believe Benicio del Toro could be playing a Mandalorian warlord who may have links to the First Order or Knights of Ren...does that fit with your idea?

KitsterAKABobaFett likes this.
  19. DashRender90

DashRender90 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2015
    I love this seedy underworld part of Star Wars the most, I think. I love that there's this entire culture of illegal arena fighters, spice smugglers, bounty hunters, space pirates, and gang members who aren't part of the Rebels vs Empire megaplot, just doing their own thing on the sidelines. It really makes the universe that much larger and more interesting, more dangerous.

20. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Unkar Plutt's on Takodana? There was me thinking he was on Jakku....

21. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Thank you very much Karl0413, for posting and transcribing this. So much info packed into those two pages. I honestly hope their sequence is at least 10 minutes (though that might be asking too much.)

I would be very happy if Kanjiklub and the Gavin Death Gang get their own anthology film (and bring Gareth and these gents back to do that please.) Iko the banned underground fighter and weapons smith, ha ha. And Yayan as the leader. Works for me.

So awesome. Cannot wait to see their sequence and watch these characters in action.

Karl0413 and thejeditraitor like this.
  22. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Exactly. This is why I love Nar Shaddaa so much. And why I am very happy that Star Wars Underworld is still on the to-do list.

23. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Plutt is on Jakku at the start. But it seems that he may follow our heroes to Takodana. Not sure. But he's definitely on Jakku.

Satipo likes this.
  24. DashRender90

DashRender90 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2015
    Yeah, I love that there's a bunch of dudes who dont give a crap about the Skywalker legacy or The Force or Death Stars. This dude Nar Shaddaa just wants his fricken ship back he acquired through illegal gambling.

25. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    wtf?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.