main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Crimson Dawn (Rumored Maul Show)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Fredrik Vallestrand, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Surely you’ve seen Rogue One more than once!?

VaderBoyee and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This just made me realize how long it’s been since I have seen a whole Star Wars movie

Darkslayer and RetropME like this.
  3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I like Maul and Solo has grown on me. But with Crimson Dawn’s appearances post Maul in the comics and knowing where Qi’ra ends up and having seen Maul killed in Rebels, I think they’d be better of telling a Crimson Dawn story without Maul during or even after the Civil War. I’ve not read the comics so I don’t know if Qi’ra is still alive, but they could also use her in the Mandalorian, if she’s still alive.

Or they could tell the story of a young Maul, like his origin and early days.

I’m not sure Crimson Dawn and Maul between RotS and Rebels is fertile enough ground to really make something great. The policy of making everything canon means Rebels and the comics kind of tie the hands of the writers during that time period IMO.

A young Maul, continuing adventures of young Solo, or Civil War era Crimson Dawn would all be interesting though IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly Handless likes this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    We know where Qi’ra ends up?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    The rise of Maul in rhe underworld will be good story

No we dont.

6. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I mean in so far as she out lives Maul. So any show with Maul and Crimson Dawn we would know how and when he dies and we know she survives him to participate in that Bounty Hunter War story arc or whatever (again, I’ve not read it),

Mostly Handless and Bor Mullet like this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    A good 10 years between clone wars and Solo could expand greatly on the shift of the galaxy in the Underworld. And Maul becomes godfather.

8. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Eeehhhh….

If he’s the villain and used sparingly it could work. We already saw him trying to be criminal warlord in TCW, from Solo we know he succeeds at some point, and then from Rebels we know that at some point he ends up on his own again and then ultimately dies fighting Obi-Wan.

I think we already saw the most pivotal moments of the character, outside of perhaps the earliest days as a Sith.

So as the main character seeing the rise and fall of him as a warlord is kind of “meh” for me since we already saw that at an accelerated pace in TCW. And TBoBF is doing the whole rise of a Daimyo thing.

If the story instead focuses on original characters struggling against Crimson Dawn with Maul showing up sparingly, then it could work, IMO

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I doubt Maul would be the main lead charater, probaly someone new within the underworld of the galaxy, maybe joins in with Crimson Dawn. Maul propbaly have a big appearance as he had in Clone Wars. It would be mostly about one criminal syndicate family. Maybe one who rises in the ranks, maybe one who is force sensetives.

TaradosGon likes this.
  10. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Bold Prediction! Qi'ra is Darth Talon.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Hot take Qira is better then Darth Talon.

my kind of scum likes this.
  12. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    Oh great, ANOTHER show about a crime lord. Why don't they give Maul a more realistic profession, like running a martial arts studio in a strip mall on Coruscant?

Bor Mullet, MrDarth0 and TaradosGon like this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder how far along this might be as it's sceduled for 2023 release, but does that mean beginning or middle of the year. During Celebration maybe we get this announced and release date and some pictures and art work. Small teaser like clone wars maybe ?

14. Logray'sBirdHat

Logray'sBirdHat Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 12, 2022
    I'd kinda be surprised if we get a full-on Crimsawn Dawn show.

Them factoring into other stories involving Boba/Din going forward's totally another matter, kinda think they might just go after Maul in the timeline and focus on Qi'ra as the head honcho.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The dark times era is barely covered so they want to show in this show and Bad batch. And this might be the last time we see Maul if Solo continnued series don't happens, So We could see how Crimson Dawn evolves after the war and into the new regime. I think Qira series might spin off from this, Boba or Lando.

16. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I don’t think Crimson Dawn needs to be it’s own thing. I think those characters can easily pop up in Bad Batch and/or Mandalorian.

They already have a pretty full plate with their Mandoverse titles. And I think Bad Batch can be used as the vehicle for their Dark Times era stories (plus games like Fallen Order 2).

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Bad Batch I think will be mostly about empire, the cloning projects that ties to Mandalorian and TROS. Clones being replaced by storm troopers and such. We see how the galaxy changes. I don't think we spend too mutch on the underworld. And i kinda doubt Maul would be in this show maybe Dryden Vos. I think Bad Batch season 2 might tease at the show Crimson Dawn.

And this like Book of boba could just be about the underworld, And have one last show with Maul and Dryden. It seems like Maul won't show up in any Solo continnued story so far. And Fallen Order is 5 years after closer to Solo and Kenobi. The beginning of new regime and how the underworld changes could make intresting stories. You can have other shows besides Bad Batch in dark times era. Like Rebellion era has many shows and Mandalorian has 3 shows.

18. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I hope Maul doesn’t get shoehorned into the Bad Batch.

A Maul centric series is a good idea though and an even better idea if it could be started off with the Son of Dathomir arc.

Anyway if there is any truth in this Maul/Crimson Dawn series rumour I'd imagine it will be revealed this week at celebration.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Time to see if the rumor was true, if this Clone Wars spin-off comes trough. I suspect animation will know mostly cover the 10 years before Solo/Lando/Kenobi. With Bad Batch, this Maul series and maybe others. No animation post ROTJ until the Mandalorian/new republic era is done.

Last edited: May 24, 2022
    SeparatistFan likes this.
  20. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think some wires got crossed and the crimson dawn tv show turned out to be the crimson reign comic series.

21. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Honestly, since the Bad Batch are guns for hire, I figure meeting the seedy underbelly of Maul's Crimson Dawn would flow pretty organically with the show's setting

22. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    If Han won’t feature, I’m still hoping this plot line is explored in some way.

23. SeparatistFan

Oct 19, 2012
    I don’t have an issue with them coming across Crimson Dawn, but they don’t need to come across Maul himself.

24. SeparatistFan

Oct 19, 2012
    Anyone else hopeful this series will be announced at next weeks event?

Jango_Fettish likes this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Not really. I’m kinda over it.

TCF-1138 likes this.