main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Crisis at The Sith Temple / a task for Darth Czarus

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Lady_Belligerent , May 23, 2019.

1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Bellorum, Dawn Herald of the Sith Empire

The Dawn Herald stared down at the diminutive woman who was the head pastry chef at the Sith Temple. “What do you mean you mean it’s out of stock?” Bellorum demanded incredulously.

“Our suppliers have told me the ingredient isn’t available due to shortages,” the chef shrugged nervously.

“Did you check another supplier?”

“Yes, ma’am,” the woman nodded so vigorously that her whole body wobbled. “I’ve also sent word out among the smugglers once I realized this could be an issue.”

“Very well,” Bellorum answered, “I’ll handle the matter.” The Dark Lady stalked away from the kitchens and realized it could take a great deal of research and leg work to locate what was needed...too much for her to take on, but she might know someone who she could depend on.

Message to Jedi Master Ananta Chetan:
    - a miniature hologram of Dark Lady Bellorum appears -

Greetings Master Jedi. I hope this message finds you well and enjoying the boring life of a Jedi.

I come to you today to ask a favor. It seems the Temple chef is currently unable to produce any of the delicious baked goods you, and the rest of us, enjoy so much. I’ve been told that the secret ingredient is unavailable due to issues with the production to the suppliers. I’m sure some threats and Force chokes performed towards the appropriate parties would solve our issue, but I’ll leave the methods up to you.

Also, I shall loan you my apprentice. Have Darth Czarus do any heavy lifting. I shall instruct him to meet you outside the Jedi Temple.

I look forward to having tea at the Rancor Pit over fresh cookies once we have the ingredient.

-the hologram fades -

Tag: @Ananta Chetan @SithOverlord101

2. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC: Ananta Chetan

My Dark Sister had comped me such a plethora of baked goods since our association began I could hardly say no to her request or take it too lightly as her holographic image faded. Knowing full well that what was required would not be found within the Temple pantry, and an ingredient that many Jedi would consider to be be uncivilized, I momentarily reclined in my desk chair meditatively closing my eyes pondering the possibilities before embarking on the journey.

At least trying to discreetly pick-up my passenger-companion, I easily spotted him crouching among the Temple shrubs and foliage donned in full Sith regalia. The absurdity of his attire within the context of an unspoken incognito mission kept me biting my lip during the early part of our flight and fairly certain that his Master had been unable to formally see him off.

Afraid of being mistaken for a padawan? I asked as I glanced again at his attire next to me in the cockpit.

TAG: @Lady Belligerent @SithOverlord101

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  3. SithOverlord101

SithOverlord101 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2018
    Hearing Master Chetan's question, I hurriedly replied:

"My apologies, Master Chetan -- I did not have any time to change into a suitable Jedi-like disguise because I was sidetracked by an Imperial Knight who was irritating my pet Leviathan - I promptly killed the irritating pest, as I hate Imperial Knights far more than I hate Jedi. So, shall we converse about trivial subjects or just sit and meditate? It is your choice, as I have no preference. By the way, what ship are we traveling in?"

Waiting for his response, I took out an old holobrook which I had yet to read and opened it.

@Ananta Chetan

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  4. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    IC:

Atoning for and changing his dark wardrobe, I simply shrugged it off and clarified that for this assignment we were both going in as neutral and outside of any faction. As for his claim to having just killed someone for a trifle, I concealed my grin at his youthful desire to impress.

Easing out of light speed I addressed his final inquiry, This old jalopy is just a hybrid of scavenged and stolen parts from its previous owners, a group of spice lords who failed in expanding their operations due to our intervention. Now its simply used for missions such as these where we don't want to advertise our true identities.

Landing and taking a leisurely stroll down through the market stalls of the Jalebi system, a trader's hub frequented by a wide array of the galaxy's denizens, I finally spotted our first contact for the baking mission. A Jawa wearing a "Save the Porgs" t-shirt who was collecting money and asking for signatures.

Handing my counterpart a couple of credits, I spoke in hushed tones, Go, young one, and donate to the cause. Sign your name on the clipboard as "Kenny Baker's" and...be calm and careful.

TAG @Lady Belligerent @SithOverlord101

5. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    IC: Darth Czarus [Italics are thoughts]

Why does it have to be a Jawa?

After hearing Master Chetan's instructions, I quickly ran over to the disgusting-looking Jawa and performed the unpleasant task in exchange for information. The Jawa informed me that there was a small shop about two miles west of our location which sold cookies. I relied this information to Master Chetan and waited for his response.

@Ananta Chetan

Adalia-Durron and DarthIshyZ like this.
  6. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    IC:

Hmm...that's doesn't sound right. Something's indeed out of place.

Rubbing my bearded chin, I reviewed the apprentice's story for any mistake he might have made interacting with their contact.

Had they changed the protocol? Could it instead be some kind of elaborate ruse devised by the youngster's Master to test him?

Dismissing the possibilities and clearing my mind I turned and faced my companion, Go back, purchase a Porg t-shirt, put it on, and ask for any passerby to take a holo-pic of you and the Jawa together, then wait.

TAG @SithOverlord101 @Lady Belligerent

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  7. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    IC: Darth Czarus:

Seriously, Master Chetan? Porgs are ugly beasts who honestly deserve to be slaughtered. Additionally, why is this a good idea and how does this fit in the plan?

Ignoring my doubts about this task, I grabbed a Porg t-shirt, put it on, and got a Bothan to take a picture of me with the Jawa.

@Ananta Chetan

8. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    IC:

Kela’s fur rippled as she removed her holorecorder from her pocket, her Jawa comrade had nodded tersely once the Sith came back in a porg shirt.

“I’m honored to capture this moment,” she said cheerfully as she positioned herself to get the best angle, then pressed the button.

The Sith would be feeling a sharp sting before a Gamorrean standing nearby rushed forward and pulled a black cloth bag over her head. The dart they had used would cause the victim to feel disoriented and unable to coordinate movements. Tem, the Gamorrean, tossed the half bagged Sith over his shoulder and stepped into a lift. They road it for hundred’s of levels, making it impossible for the Sith apprentice to count, and exited into a heatwave. The wind billowing the bag was so warm it would cause one to sweat if they stood for long, and it was scented with the aroma of baking bread.

Tag: @Ananta Chetan @SithOverlord101

9. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    IC:

Oh dear.

<long sigh>

I watched in somewhat bewildered amusement as the Sith youngster was abducted and whisked away by the underground lackeys of the baking mafia. Deciding to take a little respite from the excursion, I sidled up to to the counter of a market stall and ordered a tall flagon of strongly steeped Dragonwell speaking softly to myself.

He'll be back...Force willing.

Now somewhat less disoriented Czarus suddenly felt his hood roughly removed then stared straight ahead at the lone silhouette of a short stocky figure standing between two blinding lights. A henchman on either arm held him firmly and the sounds of a factory surrounded them accompanied by the aromas of cakes, pies, cookies and a myriad of unfamiliar delicacies.

Feeling he was being carefully scrutinized, the stocky figure finally spoke.

Who are you? Why are you here?

@Lady Belligerent @SithOverlord101

10. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    IC: Darth Czarus

"Who are you? Why are you here?"

Hearing the stocky figure speak, I considered the absurdity of the situation -- being kidnapped and brought to a bake shop is not something that happens everyday. After contemplating my response, I replied to the figure.

"My name is Darth Czarus and I request a certain ingredient that the Sith Temple needs for some baked goods. Now, who are you and why did you kidnap me?"

@Ananta Chetan

DarthIshyZ and Ananta Chetan like this.
  11. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    SithOverlord101 likes this.
  12. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    OOC: Yea, my apologies. I will get a post up. :)

SithOverlord101 likes this.
  13. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Kidnap? Slow down there mister,” shouted the red faced miniature human.
    “You haven’t been kidnapped, I have a business to protect!”

A scantily dressed Rhodian female entered from a side door and bent to whisper in the dwarf’s ear. The man startled at what she’d told him and rushed to follow her into the next room after giving Czarus a hand motion indicating he should wait.

@Ananta Chetan @SithOverlord101

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  14. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    IC: Darth Czarus

“You haven’t been kidnapped, I have a business to protect!”

After hearing the exchange, Czarus muttered under his breath, "And how does taking me without my permission protect your business? Kriffing fool!"

When the Rodian and dwarf returned to the room, they had a selection of ingredients for Czarus to sample. Not knowing what to do in the situation, Czarus waited patiently for Master Chetan to arrive.

@Lady Belligerent