main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Croatian language discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Croatia' started by Raja_Io, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Caesar

Jedi_Caesar Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004

Cool.You have options in school.Back when I was in school ,we were under a dictatorship.No choices.:_|

2. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n16/TheSithLord/map.gif]

The reason why Finnish (along with Estonian and Hungarian) differs so much from other languages.

3. Raja_Io

Raja_Io Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    I didn't know that Greek was a subfamily of its own. Interesting.

As for Finnish and Hungarian, that group is called Finno-Ugric, if I remember corectly (lol, it's ugro-finskie in Polish :oops:). Amazing how scattered the languages of this family are.

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/81/Finno-Ugric_languages.png]

4. Cloned_Sidious

Oct 14, 2004
    Yep yep. I would say a lot of it is due to Russians.

So speaking of the easiness of learning foreign languages, the languages I am learning are not even part the same language family that I am native to.

5. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005

Because I go to Prirodoslovno-matematicko usmjerenje. That is why I had the choice. Jezicari can switch either Chemistry, Physics or Biology for another language.

6. Jedi_Caesar

Jedi_Caesar Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    While I was at school,the main thing we dealt with were Math and Physics.Nothing else mattered.

7. Deciple_of_Malak

Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2005
    Ah, I remember. One of the best options my school provided. :p My class gave up on French and we took 2 extra lessons of Math a week instead. :D
    Nice days.

8. Cloned_Sidious

Oct 14, 2004
    Wow, this forum just went pretty silent. :p

9. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    It's always like this with this forum. Discussion come in tides. Every two or three months :p

Anyway, I love the way you had the opportunity to change your plan at school. Mine was more strict. To be honest, we had nothing to say when it came to subjects we studied. Oh wait, in the last year of high school we had three additional hours of subject we chose, to prepare better for our finals. But that was all.

It's much better at the university. Meaning, we have a plan of courses we have to cash out every term, but we choose eight more during those five years, depending fully on our interests.

10. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    We don't choose courses or subjects based on our interests. We choose schools instead. They have a programme according to which they work. The language thing is one of the rare occasions where we can choose what will we study, once we have selected the school. ;)

11. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    OK, but you had some opportunity to choose :p

I chose my class depending on my interests too (humanities and languages), but I had no influence on my plan.

12. Cloned_Sidious

Oct 14, 2004
    Hmmm... If no one is going to post anything, this forum will end up in the Inactive Forums Category.

13. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    The funny thing is, it's the Croatians who are the most idle about posting here :p

Shame on you! We're not going to maintain your own forum for you [face_shame_on_you]

14. Cloned_Sidious

Oct 14, 2004
  15. Deciple_of_Malak

Jul 10, 2005
    By posting that you won't maintain it and by posting that you agree that you won't maintain it you are maintaining it. ;)

16. Cloned_Sidious

Oct 14, 2004
    It doesn't matter since you posted after me, which I had counted on. It also serves as an information that I won't be upping this forum just for the sake of upping it any longer. Also it serves as an agreement with Raja_Io. ;)

17. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Croatian language........is really nice language.

Here, I maintained the thread. :p

18. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    It's also missing yet another article.

:p

19. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    I bet Polish has less articles anyway :p

20. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Croatian doesn't have any articles! That is why it is a really nice language! [face_not_talking]

:p

21. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    So, if Polish also has no articles... I lose the bet :(

22. Deciple_of_Malak

Jul 10, 2005
    Croatian doesn't have any articles! That is why it is a really nice language!

There I agree. Aricles have always been major problem not only to me, but to my entire class back when I studied English.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.