main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Crossover Index and Discussion

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diamond_Revelation, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    I'm attempting to write my first crossover. It's a KH/SW crossover. I posted a trailer of it on the trailer thread. I must admit it's not easy fusing to franchises together but it is fun.

I see that several great writers on here have made some very superbe crossovers.

2. Drabba_the_Hutt

Drabba_the_Hutt Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    I want to do a Heroes/Pokemon crossover just so someone can whisper, "Save the Charmander, save the Squirtle."

Oh, and I keep forgetting that my current drabble thread has a Wicked crossover. :oops:

EDIT: And a Las Vegas one.

3. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    New story on the index from G_Anakin :D

Also another story from ardavenport!

4. Diamond_Revelation

Feb 25, 2003
    New story up from Star_Angel :)

5. Diamond_Revelation

Feb 25, 2003
    Great new story up from Mar17swgirl!

6. Diamond_Revelation

Feb 25, 2003
    New stories on the index from Drabba_the_Hutt!

7. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Title:Battle Scars (Post ROTJ:Vader Lives) SW/ST Crossover.
    Characters: Various Star Wars and Star Trek characters.
    Timeframe: Shortly after ROTJ.
    Genre: AU SW/ST Crossover.
    Note: WIP.

8. Diamond_Revelation

Feb 25, 2003
    New story up from Rhodna!!

9. Rhodna

Rhodna Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2006
    Speaking of utterly crazy crossovers, mine is a wacky Star Wars/Morrowind one! :p Apparently the two Universes don't have anything in common, but a friend and I were debating the differences and similarities between the Nerevarine Prophecy and the Chosen One Prophecy - which, of course led to a Plot Bunny and a an unusual Crossover! :D

10. Diamond_Revelation

Feb 25, 2003
    We have new stories from

Darth_Marrs - Star Wars/Superman

and

Earthknight Star Wars/Kingdom Hearts

Enjoy!

11. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Here's an idea for a new topic... well, perhaps.

What have been your favorite crossovers on the boards?

And Diamond? Thanks for doing such a good job with the index![:D] =D=

12. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    I haven't read many. But your Sailor Moon crossover is pretty good so far, Stryker.

13. Rhodna

Rhodna Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2006
    My favorite Crossover? It hasn't been posted on the boards, but it was a very beautiful story that meshed the universe of Star Wars and the fantasy land of Xanth, written by Kenya Starflight. I liked it because it was written in a very believable manner and the characters always remained true to themselves, not showing any sign of OOC-ness, even when faced with extremely unusual circumstances.

Ultimately, it was the story that made me want to try my hand at crossovers as well. :D

14. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    My favourite crossover (and perhaps the only one I actually read from start to finish :p) is Frostfyre's Sherlockian "Elementary, my dear Obi-Wan". The plot is great, with many interesting twists, and the style is very much consistent with that of Conan Doyle. I highly recommend it. I believe it's being reposted in Before the Saga, though I don't have the link handy, I'm afraid...

15. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
  16. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I'm impressed! :D

17. Diamond_Revelation

Feb 25, 2003
    And Diamond? Thanks for doing such a good job with the index!

Thanks Striker my pleasure! [:D]

I am not sure I could choose a favourite there are so many good ones but I would say two that have really excited me recently are The Wizards School by Idrelle_Miocovani a crossover with Harry Potter and Foreign Relations by Mar17swgirl which is a discworld/sw crossover.

----

We also have a new story up on the index from Darth_Marrs :D

18. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    The best crossover ever written was TheProphetofSullast's Harry Potter and the Dark Lord of the Sith. It was indescribable.

19. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I've been thinking of a Les Miserables/Star Wars crossover, but I'm not sure where to begin. (It's kateydidnt's plot bunny, so I'm waiting for a reply from her before proceeding.)Edit: I started the story, and it is so far going well, if a bit shorter than I'd hoped.

Harry Potter and the Dark Lord of the Sith is great! I just started reading it, and I love it!
    "Dreaming of Beauty" by JediPhantom and "Phantom of the Temple" by AnakinsFavorite are great Phantom of the Opera crossovers.

20. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    How do you deal with character's voices, though, when translating them to a new fandom? I have an idea for a fusion fic - Fandom 1 and Fandom 2 are mixed instead of having one set of characters actually travel to the fandom universe of the other one. It would be a Supernatural/Star Wars crossover, very AU for Supernatural (John Winchester is an ex-Imperial who has Jedi heritage, and his sons are Force-sensitive, as is he, and Missouri was a Jedi Knight hiding from the Purge that helped John out a bit after his wife's death, and The Demon is actually an operative of Palpatine who's still around long after Palps joins the great sandworm in the sky... possibly Lumiya, although I have to check on the timeline.) It's also sort of AU for Star Wars, but not to the same extent - i.e. same basic universe, same major events up to a point, but during the Yuuzhan Vong war the Winchesters come out of the galaxy's little-known outskirts and eventually join the Jedi, and are on the Myrkr strike team.

Anyway, any tips/guidelines on how to preserve the altered character's voices? Dean and Sam are snarky with each other, but they obviously can't use the same words that they would use on Earth because they're inappropriate to the setting. And the '67 Impala would have to be a fast, lightly armored, very lightly armed 4-passenger transport named Impala that was manufactured around the time of the Clone Wars. Blasters instead of guns, most of the "supernatural bad stuff" is people messing with the Dark Side, and John's journal is a holocron. Et cetera. I don't want this to be a parody, but I'm afraid that it's going to come across like one. How can I keep it serious, and keep the AU characters IC?

I've never done a serious crossover before, and am a little hesitant about how to proceed.

21. starlit_goddess

starlit_goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2007
    Question: Lord of the Rings crossovers--any and all! I'm desperate for some SW/LOTR love, preferrably in the post ROTJ timeline and with characters like Elrond and Galadriel.

22. ForceStar314

ForceStar314 Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2006
    I'm pretty new to the forum... been here a while but I've been lurking most of the time, actually.

Crossovers are some of my favorite 'fics of any type. Like all 'fics, there are a lot of bad and some good. The only thing I've noticed with them is that crossovers have a tendency to go 'boom' spectacularly, if the author isn't up to it. Either that or degenerate into mindless insanity :p

SW/ST are some of my favorites- maybe unlike others (Striker?) I just haven't had time to become a total and complete hater of all crossovers thereof. To be honest, about 95% of the 'vs' ones are complete and total junk. It usually turns into a curbstomp of one side without much plot (I'm an SW-firepower supporter, but let's not go there).

Thing is, with such disparities of firepower means that you can actually concentrate on the growth of characters themselves as they react to the environment. Since battles don't work as a means of complete plot advancement (IE- you can't rely on battles to carry the entire day) you're forced on character development.

Only 2 x-overs (on FF.net) that I've read have been any good. One, a SW/ST/Halo/Starcraft/few other things in the mix too was very interesting. Avoided a curbstomp of any 'verse through some clever plot.

The other was a straight SW/ST that didn't go curbstomping at every opportunity.

23. Drabba_the_Hutt

Drabba_the_Hutt Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    Sorry I didn't respond earlier, EG; I simply didn't see the question. Anyway, the trick when doing that sort of hybrid is to stay as true as possible to Supernatural. It sounds like you're making a lot of effort toward that, keeping the characters' relationship and dynamic the same, though I might go further and ask if they need to be involved in the war or if NJO is really the best placement. At least initially, playing to the show's formula should help with getting the characters down. As far as their dialogue goes, don't obsess with avoiding Earthisms but try to write it in-character and make it sound natural. Once you can hear the actors saying the lines, and it sounds right, then you're on the right track.

24. Diamond_Revelation

Feb 25, 2003
    We have two new stories up from:

Darth_Manion SW/multiple sci fi

and

Rau Fang SW/Kingdom Hearts II

25. Darth_Manion

Darth_Manion Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 5, 2007
    Just curious: has there ever been a SW/Discworld story? If so, I must read it. If not, I may attempt to write one myself . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.