main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Crossroads (JA, Obi/Qui/Dooku) - *Complete*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Princess_Arulmozhi, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Title: Crossroads
    Author:princess_Arulmozhi
    Timeframe: JA. What else?!
    Characters: Obi, Qui, Dooku.
    Genre: Mush...I think.
    Keywords: Fear.
    Summary: Three Jedi take some time to re-examine themselves.
    Notes: This is for Diane, who was Qui-Gon's soul-mate in another lifetime, probably. Blame her for this. For Kyn, for having made me think about a certain Dracula-like Jedi, almost against my will.

This one's actually taking shape as I write...but it won't go beyond one or two more posts, at the most. :D

And this is just another excuse to write about my favourite [face_love] Jedi Master and padawan.

Crossroads

?You?re bent on disobeying me, then?? Qui-Gon?s voice was emotionless.

?Hardly that, Master,? Obi-Wan?s voice was no less neutral, but a slight twinge of deference coloured it. ?Disobedience is not my intention.?

?Your words would not indicate that.? Qui-Gon stood up from the couch, his robes brushing the floor of their quarters.

?Forgive me,? Obi-Wan replied quietly. ?I truly did not mean to oppose you.?

?In that case, you will stay in our rooms. You will not step out until I return for midday meal.? The Master approached the door, which swished open at his command. ?Have I made myself clear??

Obi-Wan lowered his head. ?Perfectly, Master.?

Qui-Gon looked at him for a long moment, before stepping out, the door closing behind him.

Outside, the Master drew a deep breath, searching out the Force signature of his apprentice. Obi-Wan?s aura shimmered and glowed from within the room; not quite as serene as it should have been, but that, Qui-Gon was willing to overlook. His concern was bent towards another aspect of the signature. He closed his eyes, and having satisfied himself that all was well, began to walk briskly.

Only a long time resident of the Temple could have recognized the path he took, as it wove deftly around Bronzium columns, innumerable rooms and enclosures that comprised of anything from the residences of masters, padawans and knights, to meditation chambers, to small, indoor gardens and meeting rooms for visitors.

He reached the A?mathie training salle by the most circuitous possible?it had been designed that way.

The Temple possessed many training rooms for the use of its residents. Most of them could be found along the Er?heul corridor, while some were situated near the Initiate quarters; three were ensconced into one residential level which held most of the master-padawan teams in the Temple.

The A?mathie salle formed part of a distinct complex of training and meditation rooms which were reserved exclusively for the use of knights, masters, and padawans who had completed twenty-one cycles. There was a reason: A?mathie was one of a group of three training rooms which were used to purge the mind of darker emotions. True to its meaning in the Ancient Tongue, it was a salle where most occupants managed to regain the peace and connection to the Force which they had temporarily lost.

Qui-Gon stopped in front of the control panel that led to the rooms, checking to see the list of current occupants: some were visible, while some were not, as per the option of those who sparred inside.

He pressed his palm against the scanner, waited until the large doors slid open, and stepped into a large hall.

The salle was divided into several enclosed spaces, some of which held Jedi in sabre techniques that involved meditation. All held Force-dampening devices that could be enabled or disabled, as the user chose. One wall was closed off, containing databanks that held tomes in the Old Tongue, ancient Jedi rites, rituals, most of which were no longer followed?but knowledge of which still existed, and which could sometimes be used as an aid to purge the hints of taint that remained from missions.

Qui-Gon removed his cloak, folded it neatly and placed it on a seat that ran along the wall that enclosed the databanks

2. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Oooooooh.

Why is Qui-Gon nervous about Obi-Wan and not wanting him to leave their quarters? Is he sick or something? Or does he just not want him to meet Dooku? I'm sure you'll answer all questions soon, but do hurry.

Anyway, this is exceedingly marvelous and I demand more. Now!

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Ohhh, I liked it a lot, especially as he was speeding up as his thoughts turned toward Obi-Wan and protection. More that the fear that drives him, I think, is his wish to protect Obi-Wan - from Qui-Gon maybe? Great setup. I really look forward to seeing why Qui-Gon needed to recite the Passage of Fear and what Dooku has to say.

You are too kind...[face_blush], P_A But I'm always willing to read about my favorite pair!

4. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Wow Master, you have me at the edge of my seat!

...Again.

Qui was beautifullt written. The fact that he was so worried about Obi-Wan to make him stay in thier rooms in heartbraking. And I don't even know what's going on yet!

~sigh~

More soon please Master?

Seven

5. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Interesting. I like the bulwarks against the dark - a very cool addition to the Temple. I can't wait to see more.

6. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    So beautiful. [face_love] I loved the atmosphere you set with your words, the quietly troubled manner of Qui-Gon, and of course the last words of his mantra about Obi-Wan. Just gorgeous, and I can't wait for more.

7. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    oooooh! Intriguing! Why is Obi-Wan "grounded" and what is Dooku's purpose there? It's always creepy when he calls Qui-Gon "Padawan." Such a reminder of where Qui could have ended up!

8. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    You puzzle me yet again, Princess.

What's going on in the lives of Qui-Gon and Obi? Hopefully it's conflict for conflict's sake; the two of them get more terminal illnesses, bouts of insanity, deathblows, and murder attempts thrown at them than all the old Marvel superheroes combined. [face_laugh] Honestly, if I ever meet one of them in Literature Land, my first question will be, "So, what's the secret? Are you part cat?"

Nine lives only stretches so far, you know!

Anyway...sorry, got off subject. Chasing those oliphants again...

Nicely done. I'm curious about many things, not the least of which what Qui-Gon and his Padawan were arguing about. (Contradicting your Master, Obi? Shame!)

Please continue soon! As usual, you've snagged my interest. Kindly return it with fewer dents than you did last time...the dealership charges a gross amount to buff them out, and I'm a writer without any money to my name.

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Awwww [face_blush] how sweet that I've made ya think of Dooku like that ;) against your will almost? [face_mischief] I'd say it's a good thing cuz ya writing this! [face_love]

Can't wait for more! Loved the whole Passage of Fear! How sweet of Qui to ask the Light and the Force to help protect Obi from all that! *warm fuzzies* if only Obi knew...

Can't wait to see where this goes!! :D

10. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oooooooooooooooooooh I thought this was just a vig when I clicked -- now I'm happy to see that it's not!

I can't wait for more :D I can't wait to see how Qui and Dooku are ;)

11. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    You got my attention. [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized]

12. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Ahhhh! Not a to be continued...

Alas, I shall have to wait patiently. (grumbles a little) Wonderful start, btw; did you come up with all that stuff about the Jedi temple on your own, or is this written somewhere where everyone can pick up on it? I love it, needless to say, becuase it adds so much depth to the world around the characters.

Bravo, and I eagerly await the next installment!
    Stormqueen

13. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    oh my gosh. DOOKU!!!! Oh, this is awesome!!!!! This is so awesome!! Please write more, soon!! Dook!! *points wildly*

Oh, and I love the "Passage of Fear" italics thing...it was so beautiful, it sounded like a prayer.

uppie soon? [face_batting]

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    nicely done- but I am curious to know if he was searching Obi-Wan for a taint of evil?

no- probably just noticed the evil author slipping into the room :p

15. Katieelessar

Katieelessar Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2005
    Wonderful, Princess.:D You really caught my attention. I thought that it was only a viggette but thankfully I was wrong. I cannot wait to see where this goes. Everything was beautifully written. I hope Obi-Wan staying in his quarters has something to do with Dooku. That would make sense but I'm not the writer here am I? :) Please continue!=D=

16. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    Yet another beautiful beginning. :D

Masters grounding Padawans? *smirk* Ha, Obi-Wan!

I can't wait to find out more about Dooku.

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    A beautiful start, but I'm not surprised! ;)

18. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Oh man, what a place to leave it!!! Wonderful start and you've got the suspense going already. More soon!!

19. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Another brilliant post from the master.

I'd love to see how this develops.

-DS

20. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

My first impression is - OhOh What has Qui-Gon done, something that has upset Obi-wan and Obi-wan has let him know that he is not happy.

But I think what ever he did was to protect Obi-wan.
    He feels guilty, and wants to calm himself, but he still has an overpowering urge to keep his padawan safe.

Lets hope Obi obeys and stays in the rooms.

Now I need to know WHAT IT IS?
    MORE Please=D=

21. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Reply time, and a post for you. :)

maychorian: First reply! Girl, you rock. Glad you liked it. Obi-Wan sick? Not wanting to meet Dooku ..ahhh...the suspense...

...will end as of now. :D

dianethx: Thank you, m'lady. :) Qui-Gon had good reason to recite the 'passage of fear'...in my opinion, at least. :D

Seven: And I don't even know what's going on yet!

trust me, you will. :D. More coming up now, padawan. thank you!

Just_Jill: Welcome! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

LuvEwan: Love your comments, dear. I?ve broken the suspense in this part - I hope it satisfies your expectations. Pr maybe the next post will. [face_mischief]

Jennifer_Lyn: Isn't it? I rather suspect Dooku never really gave up calling Qui a padawan. he seems...that type. :D Thanks!

F_S: Well, well, well.

the two of them get more terminal illnesses, bouts of insanity, deathblows, and murder attempts thrown at them than all the old Marvel superheroes combined. Honestly, if I ever meet one of them in Literature Land, my first question will be, "So, what's the secret? Are you part cat?"

My dear girl, think back to all my fics, if you will, and tell me where I have them constantly screaming in pain? :D In fact, I've focussed more on their lighter moments, I think. As to having the lives of a cat - I think they have the lives of a gundark. They keep falling into those nests allatime, after all.

Thanks for popping in, in the midst of chasing oliphants. Why you would want to chase them passes my comprehension, though. :D

<Returns Interest without dents, as self has majored in accountancy, among other things> har har. :D

Kynstar: Poor Obi. if only you knew what he knew you knew...argh.

This post ought to send you into ecstasy (not to mention the other Dooky dook fan here) - so, enjoy! :D

Layren: Ya know, I can't wait to see how Qui and Dooku are, either. :D. Thanks for clicking!

LilQui-Gon: <Sends LQG into deep trance> You will stay with this story...

...and thank you. :D

stormqueen874: I?m afraid this one has a 'to be continued' tacked on too. But its a really long post. :) So glad you liked this. All that stuff about the Temple was the product of my (insane) imagination...I like making things up, rather than refer to existing material. Besides, I think its only logical that the Temple has a place like this. :) Thanks!

Charmisjess: And here's the other Dooky fan. <waves at Jess wildly> Yay! A whole Dook postie!! [:D] I hope that satisfies your voracious appetite. :D. The Passage of Fear thing is a prayer - sort of adapted. I wrote it off the top of my head. Thanks!

PadawanKitara: What evil author? <Looks innocent> :D Hm...I wonder what Qui was really scanning for - you never know. You could be right. :)

Thanks, PK!

Katieelessar: Welcome back. :) Perhaps Obi did stay back for that reason. Perhaps Qui sensed something untoward. Perhaps... <eyes pop out> Eh, just wait watch. :) And thanks for reading.

corellian-jedi: I'm now reading your 'A Circle...' fic. Great work. :) It's been long time since someone grounded Obi, so I thought I'd do it. One of these days, I'll make them really mad at each other. Not angsty mad, but real, hopping mad. :D

Thanks!

VaderLVR64: You're too kind. Thank you, Vadey. [:D]

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: More coming up, now. Thank you. :)

-Darksaber-: <blushes> Thanks so much. :)

Gkilkenny: Right on the mark, you are. I have perceptive readers. :D far too perceptive for my own good. You'll know more, come next post. Thanks for reading!

And now, for Part II...which kinda flew on its own. <looks sheepish>

II

?Qui-Gon.? Dooku?s voice held an appreciable measure of pleasure in it. ?It has been quite a while.?

?A very long time, Master,? Qui-Gon smiled, lowering his sabre as he did so. The comforting thrum died down, leaving behind an echoing sil

22. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Oh! Master! Wow!

That was stunning! Perfectly wonderous! I could nearly see the weave of the steps, hear the hums of the blades... That was spectacular!

I never much thought about the interaction that Dooku and Qui-Gon, but you've done a marvelous job! After all, nothing but highest praise for my Master! And you deserve every bit of it.

And I knew it was Obi that had snuck into the training rooms. I did. ~is proud of herself~

I can't wait to see what he has to say on the exchange.

But Qui? Kill a little girl? And that little girl? ~shudders~ I feel bad for poor Master Jinn! I knew he wouldn't be able to kill her... but the Force telling him too? That must have made his inability very bitter indeed.

~sigh~

Even so, Dooku wanting to meet Obi-Wan has me very concerned for a reason I can't quite put my finger on.

So I must do as I always have...

More soon please? Please, please, please, please Master?
    Seven

23. River_Stone

River_Stone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    I honestly don't know what to say. This is, as usual, simply brilliant. You've written Qui-Gon and Dooku perfectly, managing to create elegant dialogue and descriptions whilst also managing to undermine the outwardly flawless exchange with ominous hints of the future. I thought the girl would be Ventress, and Dooku's supposedly nonchalent interest in her was eerie, as well as the result of her first meeting with Obi-Wan.

The fight scene was perfectly done, sprinkled with capturing dialogue that accurately reflected the physical exchange they were engaged in. And I particulary liked Dooku's thoughts about the Jedi who was trying to show off his skills. It just shows that he is losing faith in the Jedi, and that they are becoming, well, arrogant :D

You make everything seem so effortless and clear, and for that I dislike you ;)

Absolutely astounding. =D=

24. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    That was brilliant, Socky.

I loved the fight scenes, and the banter between Qui-Gon and Dooku. You really wrote them as they should have been. There are far too many fictions where Dooku is cold towards his former padawan.

Your loyal fan,

Padawan Jodie-Wan [:D]

25. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    Fight!!!!!!! *WOW*. Okay, hang on, have to sit back a moment and bask in the absolutely beuaty of a perfectly written Qui/Dook fight. That was excellent! It was so complex, so many different levels of it. You had the dialogue battle between them, the actual saber moves, and then what was going on in the background, and you made it all work! That is some incredible skill. You write Dooku masterfully, and his interaction with Qui is right on.

VENTRESS! o_O Whoa, this is such a good fic!

moremoremore! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.