main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Crossroads (JA, Obi/Qui/Dooku) - *Complete*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Princess_Arulmozhi, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    OK this is just an incredible fic!

I really really enjoyed this, your descriptive and smooth way of writing is such a pleasure to read.

I was wondering why Qui-Gon 'grounded' Obi-Wan...hmm now that I know what happened to him *shudder* I think its bcause of his injury...but ah, he snuck out so... [face_shame_on_you]

lol. I knew it was him who went into the cubicle!

I loved the conversation and duel between Qui-Gon and Dooku, and the mention of Ventress was such a cool surprise!

I am a bit suspicious of Dooku though..

I'm so excited about this fic! [face_dancing]

Please do PM me with updates if its not too much trouble. [:D] [face_love]

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Loved it. The dance of swords and the dance of words, the way you described their whole battle was just vivid and I could picture all too easily. I understand now why he was reciting the Passage of fear - he was afraid that he had not done the right thing to kill the girl and also afraid that his Padawan had almost died because of him.

Quite wonderful. Loved the ending - that Obi-Wan had disobeyed him by leaving their quarters. I wonder why.....

Bravo. Loved it.

3. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    Obi-Wan is for sure grounded? [face_laugh] Come on, Qui-Gon HAS to put the little whelp where he belongs: behind bars--er doors.

Honestly, how do I begin? That was ... astounding, and totally beyond my expectations. I shall watch your career with great interest. [face_devil]Palpy smile[face_devil]

ASAJJ? Now, that's just brilliant! Obi-Wan's first meeting with the dreaded lady, and he nearly loses his head (quite literally). I'm worried about Dooku's "casual" interest in her.

Your lightsaber duels are fantastic! I'm jealous. :p *Nice*, swordplay and wordplay go together! Action sequences are the bane of my existence (argh, especially in "Circle").

I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this fic. Oh, and do update "Epistles" soon!

c-j

4. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    This is one of those instances when a review simply cannot do justice to a piece of work. This is incredible. Amazing, shocking, beautiful. The best thing you've written yet, in my opinion. I very much look forward to the next installment.

5. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    I echo what others have said. I am simply left in awe of your talent to write these characters so wonderfully well. You make it look *so easy*. Dooku is one of the characters I always have trouble writing.

The fight left me breathless. A truly marvelous update. :) I can't wait for more!

6. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    :eek: WOW! That was just brillant... *into deep trance* I will stay with this story. [face_hypnotized]

7. Katieelessar

Katieelessar Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2005
    :eek: Oh wow wow wow wow! Ventress....*gasp* you got me! That was such a wonderful twist! Oh everything is just making perfect sense.:) I love it! Absolutely wonderful! I can hardly wait for the next part!=D=
    Kind Regards,
    K.Elessar

8. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Very interesting Dooku, suspected a problem and tried to find out who the girl was?

and Obi-wan didn't say he wouldn't disobey when Qui-Gon
    Told him to stay in their rooms, he just said that it was "perfectly clear" as to what Qui-Gon said.

I dont think Dooku has met Obi-wan yet?
    But I think Obi-wan doesn't like Dooku.

Great post =D=

9. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    Lighter moments indeed. o_O

At any rate...a splendiferous update. Obi-Wan the eavesdropper! I love your loving attention to every small detail--of the spar, of the two awestruck Knights, and your unique little spin on everything...like the way you've now brought Obi-Wan back into the story. Most writers would just send Qui-Gon back to his happy little room, all casual-like, but noooo, you get all creative on us. I mean, who else would've thought of that?!

This conversation is going to be interesting, isn't it? Oooh, angst is great, and you always add in just the right amount...

Eagerly awaiting the next installment! :)

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Ventress? Yup he should have killed her. Now Dookuknows which malcontent to hunt down and train.

Interesting how Qui-Gon changed topics when Dooku asked to meet Obi-Wan. Why? It can't just be because he noticed ObiWan slip into the room.

11. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Ooooooooooooooooooo! (bounces from foot to foot impatiently) I certainly wouldn't make a good Jedi, hm? Because I really can't wait for the next installment! I loved this update, watching Dooku and Qui-Gon interact was wonderful, and then the little bit with Obi-Wan in the end... when you mentioned the hooded figure entering a room across the way I had a feeling it was either him or someone important, simply because the way you write, everything is there for a purpose. There's no excess detail, every word has a meaning. It's just lovely!

And now we have Ventress? Oooooooooooooooo all over again! You've got to update soon! This just has me hanging on the edge of my seat as I eagerly await the rest!

Stormqueen

12. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Totally breathtaking Princess!! *warm fuzzies* indeed! Hmmm he is so exquisite!! Loved how he kept saying 'My Padawan does not know...' That was soooo Dooku all right! [face_mischief]

Oh man! So Obi heard that last bit, eh? Wow... wonder what he thought about all that?

I sooo liked how the affection is still there between the old Padawan and Master! :D

Great work! Most enjoyable and entertaining spar there! :D :D

13. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Incredible.

Yeah, okay, so I suspected it might be Ventress. But a very nice development, even so.

Wonderful banter, as always! I laughed aloud several times. Dooku and Qui-Gon's interaction is wonderfully well-written and believable. Just great.

Ah, didn't get first reply this time. But that's okay. :)\

Keep it coming! This is a splendid story.

14. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    :_|[face_worried]:_|[face_worried] :_|

EDIT: OKay, that was because my keyboard went kaput. It's okay now, and am half-done with the next part.

15. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Brilliant Princess! I look forward to more.

16. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Thanks, all! [:D]

Seven: Little One, thank you so much. I'm very proud of you too - you guessed right. :D

But Qui? Kill a little girl? And that little girl? ~shudders~ I feel bad for poor Master Jinn! I knew he wouldn't be able to kill her... but the Force telling him too? That must have made his inability very bitter indeed.

His inability to kill will eventually spell disaster for his padawan. Ah, well. One can argue that that was destiny. A pity that neither Qui nor Obi realize it, at this time.

River_Stone: <in Xanatos's suave voice> Thank you for disliking me; I must have done something right. [face_laugh] Thank you so much, master reviewer. You made my day. This was my first attempt at Dooku, and I was afraid I'd make him so stiff as to be unbelievable, or so soft that that would be unbelievable too. :) Glad the balance turned right.

-Darksaber-:
    There are far too many fictions where Dooku is cold towards his former padawan

There are some, that way. I personally think that whatever Dooku's animosity towards anyone else, he did maintain a certain cordiality of relations with Qui-Gon, right till the end. He may have hoped to make his padawan come over to his side, had he lived, maybe. Thanks, my loyal Jodie-Wan :) !

Charmisjess: Har, har. Have made Jess go nearly insane with Dookiness. <pats self on back> Thank you, dear. Glad you liked the fight scene. Imagine how the sparks would fly if those two sparred. :D

JOINME: :D Thank you. Yes, that was why Qui 'grounded' Obi - there's always a reason for his actions. But Obi's reached the time where he's not quite that obedient. Well, within limits. And you have every reason to be suspicious of Dook. [face_mischief]

dianethx: Glad you liked it dear. Thank you. As for Obi leaving his quarters?he's no longer the docile padawan he once was. Well, he is - but he's also developed a distinct personality - the one that argues about the Council never agreeing with his Master's methods. :)

corellian-jedi: Thanks. Ah, but the padawan has slowly, but surely begun to grow into a full-fledged Jedi. Difficult to put behind bars, eh? :D Yup, he nearly lost his head. But not quite.

Your lightsaber duels are fantastic!

For some reason, I can't quite resist writing duels...I involve them one way or the other. I can't help it! [face_batting] You're no slouch at those, either, m'dear. :)

Epistles is half-way done - I was waiting until I wrapped up Crossroads...I need to wrap at least this one. Sigh.

LuvEwan: You've reduced me to a puddle of mush. [face_love] <blushes furiously> Thank you. You've no idea how much it means to me. And I've tried to repay your kindnesses in this post. I hope it reduces you to mush too. :)

Layren: Thanks! [:D] As the acknowledge Dooku/Qui expert, that means a lot to me. :D

LilQui-Gon: <rewards LQJ with next post, and deepens trance> Thank you kindly. :)

Katieelessar: My dear, I won't make you wait anymore. Here you go. Sadly, Ventress won't be coming in, in this one.

Gkilkenny:
    and Obi-wan didn't say he wouldn't disobey when Qui-Gon
    Told him to stay in their rooms, he just said that it was "perfectly clear" as to what Qui-Gon said.

Perceptive. :) Yup, I didn?t want Obi-Wan to promise that he would stay - especially as he had no intention of doing so. He may be obedient, but he can be unorthodox if he thinks the situation warrants it. :) Thanks!

But I think Obi-wan doesn't like Dooku.

Truth be told, he hasn't met the man, yet. But he might. :)

Fluff-Slayer: Ah, Fluffy, fluffy. I only said I hadn't had them bleeding all over the place - not that I won't have them all angsty. I love angst. And I intend to increase the quotient. :)

Most writers would just send Qui-Gon back to his happy little room, a

17. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    I can't tell you how much I anticipated this update, and now it's just left me breathless.
    Yep, I'm definitely going to start haunting you now. :D

This was so beautiful, the emotions, the smooth and flowing style of your writing, the descriptions and the details!
    I found myself holding my breath as Obi-Wan performed those vows..

This was simply just, wow.

:_| :_| :_| Finally, he got through to Qui-Gon!

and his neck..oh dear.. [face_worried] That must have been painful.

I can't wait until you next update. [face_dancing]

18. River_Stone

River_Stone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    Oh wow.

I loved every single word of it: the way you wrote Qui-Gon's anger and concern, the way Obi-Wan cleverly thought as to how to capture his Master and help him face the truth...

And the language, the way you painted such a vivid picture that was so cuttingly real and present...

If only we could all write like you: there would be no limit to what we could produce.

Great work.

19. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Obi-Wan rose swiftly and caught Qui-Gon?s head to his chest. He clasped his arms tight around his Master, embracing shoulders that shook slightly.

"Peace, Master," he murmured, as he felt the tremors travelling through him. ?All is well.?

Wonderful. Simply magnificent.

May I have your autograph ;) ?

Jodie-Wan

20. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Oh, but I am nothing but a pathetic pile of mush now. [face_blush]

That was...wow. Just so in character for them, in a way that only you manage. It was so unique how you had Obi-Wan draw out his sadness and anger, and how Qui-Gon 'foresaw' what Obi-Wan would be. [face_love]

And of course, the last lines were magnificent.

Your stories have a way of making me think, and though that is a strenuous and unfamiiar excursion for me, I very much appreciate it. [:D]

21. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This was lovely. I also am just a puddle of mush right now. I loved how you wove the vows into what Obi-Wan was hoping to do, get Qui-Gon to see that he had not let in darkness but saved his padawan and followed the ways of the jedi. I loved that he told his Master that all was well. I also loved that Qui-Gon realized that Obi would be among the wisest of the Jedi.

This was just so wonderful, gave me warm fuzzy feelings of satisfaction. Great job.

22. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Beautiful. So beautiful that Obi-Wan could help his master when nothing and no one else could.

The vows were so wonderful. And Qui-Gon seeing his Padawan's character--that was such a lovely insight, that Qui-Gon's sight would be into a person's mind and heart, not necessarily events. He is a great Jedi, as well. The bit where Qui-Gon looked at him and saw not his student, but a full-fledged knight, touched my heart. Pride and sorrow wars at that--he is glad at Obi-Wan's growth, but sad, too.

You write them both wonderfully! [:D] Thanks for this story.

23. Katieelessar

Katieelessar Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2005
    Aw, you made me cry:_| That was very very touching. My heart crumbled when Obi-Wan began reciting the oaths of Dedication and it completely shattered in a mushy puddle when Obi-Wan held him at the end.:_| Wonderful, truly wonderful. I hope this is not the end of this beautiful tale. Please, more?[face_praying]
    Kind Regards,
    K.Elessar=D=

24. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    *braving dialup on vacation to post review*

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I can't tell you how glad I am that I clicked to read the update.. I am such a big puddle of mush now, I can barely type.

I had tears in my eyes towards the end of the post. Qui-Gon's anger and concern for Obi-Wan and the vow that Obi made....so completely wonderful....

*happy sigh*

Marvelous marvelous as always m'dear.

25. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    AWWWW! Nice chapter, Qui-Gon was so hard on himself. And I loved Obi's prayer, that was just awesome. [face_love] @};-

[face_tired] My brain is all mushy from all this hypnotizing....*goes into deeper trance* [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.