main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Crowned with Consolation - OC/Ben Kenobi - intertrilogy, short story - COMPLETED 4/20

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    My goodness. I'm an emotional wreck. No crying, but...just...wow. There is so much raw emotional energy here that I'm floored. Brilliant writing, Kim. You are a pro. You are evocative and, yet, sweet and kind. The pain coming off of these two is palpable. There is an emotional tension that needs to be broken. The fact that you put it into a sexual context works very well. so well that I want these two to be together, if only for one night. Thank you for giving that to me, I think. At least Obi-Wan agreed.

Myllani's self consciousness about her injury? is powerful and touching in a way that only Obi-Wan's unconditional acceptance can meet. Yet, her defiance when he tried to say they didn't have to do it was also visceral and commanding. She wants...needs to be accepted as a whole person. That seems to be why she was so eager to share her physical scars.

It was also rewarding to see the two out in public having fun together and taking in the sights. they are connecting on all levels, not just their core emotional needs. Yes, I said emotional again...and again.

wonderful story. so true. so raw. so rich. :)

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    VA_Parky It's sort of difficult writing Obi in a romantic role, but he's so sweet that he lends himself well to romance. :p A contradiction? Yes. ;)

Veloz Some have guessed the cause of her concern. :p Thank you for reading!

Darth_Marrs Damn! You guessed. It's a birthmark. :D

dianethx Will do and thanks for reading! [:D]

earlybird-obi-wan There had to be more to those years than checking on little Luke! [face_laugh]

Jedi_Maeyane Welcome aboard! And thanks!

JediMasterJessica At least for a little while. :)

barriss31 I'm glad you like this story. Writing them as they work through their grief and guilt has been interesting for me.

obsessedwithSW They've each got their own baggage. But that makes them a good match.

Ascal_Elessar All is revealed in this chapter. [face_whistling]

Gkilkenny He's such an easy character to love. [face_love]

Valairy_Scot Exactly! Our Obi deserves SOME time to himself. :D

bek It's not TERRIBLY evil, is it? O:)

brodiew I think for these two, making love is basically a way to connect in a sense that transcends the physical contact. They're reaching out and that's an important step for both of them.

[b]Chapter 5[/b]

[i]?Grief is a stone that bears one down but two bear it lightly.? - Wilhelm Hauff[/i]

~~~~~~~~

Feeling almost frantic, I pulled away. ?No?? I whispered, holding out my hands, holding him off. For just a moment, I let my eyes wander over him because I knew he would be leaving as soon as he saw the ugly truth. No man could look at me with desire, not once he really saw me.

?What?s wrong?? he asked quietly, not moving forward, taking a step back in fact. I could see nothing but patient compassion in his expression.

?I?? Swallowing hard, I shook my head. ?You don?t understand, Ben.?

?If you?ve changed your mind, that?s all right, Myllani,? he said, smiling slightly, his gaze gentle. ?I can leave, or sleep on the couch if you feel you don?t want to be alone.?

?It?s not that,? I said. ?You see, when?when I lost my family, there was a fire.?

Something odd flickered in his gaze at the word fire. For a moment, he went pale and then he nodded. ?I think I understand,? he said softly.

?I?m scarred, Ben,? I whispered, looking down at my feet. I could not bear to see the pity in his eyes, the pity that would turn to revulsion the moment he saw what the fire had done to my body.

?They tried, the medics did?? I said, still keeping my eyes down. ?They saved my life, and they did the best they could, but even bacta is not a miracle. No surgery can erase all the signs of-?

I got not further because he was suddenly there, gathering me into his arms, raining tender kisses on my tear-stained cheeks. ?We don?t need to rush this, Myllani,? he told me softly.

My face hidden against his chest, I shook my head. ?You might as well see them now, Ben,? I said miserably. ?They?re not going away, but [i]you[/i] probably will.?

He stepped back then and lifted my chin with his callused fingers, his expression stern and solemn. ?Everyone always thinks they know how I?ll react,? he said with a trace of bitterness. ?Why don?t you let me decide that for myself before you start telling me what I will and will not do?? Then he smiled to soften the rebuke and I sensed the sincerity in his words. ?Haven?t you learned yet that we both have scars?? He brushed back my hair, his voice as soft and smooth as shimmersilk. ?Some of those scars can be seen, and some are invisible, but they are there.?

?But these-?

?The scars you carry are part of you now, Myllani,? he murmured. ?Part of the past that brought you here. Who am I to find fault with you??

?They?re horrible,? I whispered, closing my eyes in memory of seeing them in the mirror.

Without another word, he fell to his knees and when I felt his hands move to my skirts I shuddered with fear. There was nothing sexual in his

3. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    :_| this was very tender and sweet

Poor Ben, his scars are way more than physical :(

*sigh* i tell ya, those years in Tattoine werent the easiest in Obi Wan's life... it's great to speculate on how they could have been, cause the possibilities are endless!

I really enjoyed this update :D .Tnx a lot for the pm [face_peace]

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Being a Jedi he could only love and not possess, being an exile he could be a man again.

A sweet chapter and thanks for the PM

5. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

He stepped back then and lifted my chin with his callused fingers, his expression stern and solemn. ?Everyone always thinks they know how I?ll react,? he said with a trace of bitterness. ?Why don?t you let me decide that for myself before you start telling me what I will and will not do?? Then he smiled to soften the rebuke and I sensed the sincerity in his words. ?Haven?t you learned yet that we both have scars?? He brushed back my hair, his voice as soft and smooth as shimmersilk. ?Some of those scars can be seen, and some are invisible, but they are there.?

?But these-?

?The scars you carry are part of you now, Myllani,? he murmured. ?Part of the past that brought you here. Who am I to find fault with you??

?They?re horrible,? I whispered, closing my eyes in memory of seeing them in the mirror.

Without another word, he fell to his knees and when I felt his hands move to my skirts I shuddered with fear. There was nothing sexual in his gesture as he lifted my skirt high above my knees and looked on that of which I was so ashamed.

Most of the scars had faded with time and the medics? efforts. During the fire, a beam had fallen and while I was pinned beneath it, the beam had smoldered, burning deep across my left leg. The scar started on my knee and went up in a diagonal line to my left hip. It was red and twisted flesh that pulled across my leg, warping the shape of the muscle beneath.

With a tender hand, he reached out and traced up the middle of the scar. ?Such pain,? he whispered in an agonized voice. It was empathy in his voice, not pity, and I slid down to my knees in front of him.

I opened my mouth to speak and he cut off the words with a gentle kiss. His hands came up and cradled my head tenderly as he pressed my body against him. The soft sweep of a tongue sent a jolt of desire through me and my fears evaporated in the heat of his kiss. He moaned loudly and I felt him shudder against me. Knowing that he still desired me, still wanted to have me after he had seen -

?I want to make love to you,? he whispered in my ear. ?I want to help you remember how beautiful you are. If you?ll have me??

Kim that was so beautiful. I empathize with your character because I've felt the same way about all the medical scars I have acquired over the years. My husband is just like Ben...he calls them beauty marks...that was so, so moving and sweet....I had tears in my eyes. So marvelously done and I wasn't expecting her secret to be something like that...you should've put a tissue warning on it....:_|=D=

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was lovely. I especially liked the way the word fire had extra meaning for him and yet he was able to get past it. Very sweet and tender.

I especially liked this.
    ?What I can give and still keep my honor, I?ll give to you,? he promised. ?It isn?t much, but it?s all I have.?

?Then that?s all I need,? I answered, pulling him to me.

A promise made. Wonderful.

7. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    *sighs*

Is it any wonder with posts like this that every woman on the board adores Obi-Wan?

She doesnt know what a lucky woman she is.
    Great job Kim cant wait for more.

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, lovely.

?But these-?

?They?re horrible,? I whispered, closing my eyes in memory of seeing them in the mirror

Trust Ben to know what to say...

It seems I forgot to ask to be on your PM list for this one. Please??

9. Lincoln_6_Echo

Lincoln_6_Echo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2006
    Just two words: absolutely wonderful!=D=

It made me teary eyed so beautiful and moving it was.

This is such a sweet story and it is so good to know Obi-Wan found some comfort and joy in his exile.

10. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    [face_dancing] *does happy postie dance*

He did not answer, instead he rolled us over so that he hovered above me, entwining his legs with mine, taking one of my hands in his. ?What I can give and still keep my honor, I?ll give to you,? he promised. ?It isn?t much, but it?s all I have.?

?Then that?s all I need,? I answered, pulling him to me.

Whew, is it hot in here? [face_blush]
    Another truly great chapter, lady!

11. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    That was a really nice conclusion. (Still would've liked to have seen a huge green birthmark shaped like Yoda's head on her bum--but that's just me[face_monkey] .

Seriously, another fantastic short story. Will there be more, I wonder? If so, I look very forward to seeing it.

12. Ascal_Elessar

Ascal_Elessar Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    Wow, that was an amazing post, can't wait for the next update.

13. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    You continue to draw me in with this fic, Kim. It is well written and engaging, emotional and charged with greif, and genuinley hopeful. The thing that is most gripping is the raw honesty and genuine truth telling. Wow. It is fraught with need and yet both are able to fill a gap in each others lives that will enable them to carry on.

Something odd flickered in his gaze at the word fire. For a moment, he went pale and then he nodded. ?I think I understand,? he said softly.

Excellent paragraph and characterization.

Is this it? Is there more?

14. barriss31

barriss31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    Is there more? Surely there must be more. A story this engaging must continue. My, but wouldn't it be nice if more people like him existed in this galaxy?

Very touching story as it speaks to the better side of human nature.

15. DarkAnakinfan

DarkAnakinfan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    What a beautiful post! (I decided it was about time I delurked). I am so enjoying this. So tender.

16. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    :_| Oh, that was so beautiful. His tenderness, the way he wanted her to see her true beauty... [face_love] [face_love]

But this line, from the previous post, still leaves me speechless.

Later, as the suns began to set, he gently suggested that we make our way back. Anxiety uncurled within me again as I anticipated another lonely evening. I had not realized how terribly lonely I was until I wasn?t any longer, even if only for a few moments.

17. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    That was so sweet and romantic! What a way to kick off my Friday, Vadey!

Awwww, I adore these two! And despite the 'heat' in this post, there is such poignancy to it!! This part nearly had me blubbering into my Easter chocolate:

?But these-?

:_| How utterly gorgeous!

Bravo! A fantastic post! I loved every single word, but then again - that's the norm when it comes to your writing! :D

18. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    I had not realized how terribly lonely I was until I wasn't any longer, even if only for a few moments.

so true!!

what a gem this story is (just found it today) it seems complete, but if perchance you dream some more please pm me!!

P.S. i love stories that present obiwan in a sympathetic light. he suffered a lot, and dealt with it in his own, very honorable way. (the kind of guy that people just depend on to hold the galaxy together while everyone else is going emo.)
    i thought ewan macgregor portrayed the suffering, and the staunchness, very well when he briefly put his face in his hand on the ship carrying padme to the med station at end of ROTS.

19. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    I had not realized how terribly lonely I was until I wasn't any longer, even if only for a few moments.

so true!!

what a gem this story is (just found it today) it seems complete, but if perchance you dream some more please pm me!!

P.S. i love stories that present obiwan in a sympathetic light. he suffered a lot, and dealt with it in his own, very honorable way. (the kind of guy that people just depend on to hold the galaxy together while everyone else is going emo.)
    i thought ewan macgregor portrayed the suffering, and the staunchness, very well when he briefly put his face in his hand on the ship carrying padme to the med station at end of ROTS.

P.P.S.
    burn scars: corporeal on her, spiritual on him. by offering acceptance and solace to each other's wounds they heal themselves.@};-

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    And big thanks to Gina for reading over the last few chapters of this story. I'm glad you thought the ending was postable. :p

Veloz Yes, it is fun imagining all the possible lives he could have led there.

earlybird-obi-wan Thank you! Glad you liked it.

Layren I'm glad it touched you. That's the highest compliment ANY writer can get. [face_blush]

dianethx Obi-Wan's innate honesty is at the core of everything he does. It seemed critical to keep that in his character. Thank you for reading.

obsessedwithSW He truly is the perfect knight. [face_love]

Valairy_Scot Sure! We're almost at the end now. :( I've loved writing this one.

Lincoln_6_Echo He deserves it, that's for sure!

Blue_Milkshake Thank you! [face_blush]

Darth_Marrs Probably one more post after this one. I'll have to see how long it is AFTER I've tweaked it, but I would say one more post is probably right.

Ascal_Elessar Thank you! :D

brodiew Just a bit more. :p

barriss31 Obi-Wan sort of represents the best of which we're capable of as a race. :)

DarkAnakinfan Thanks! Though lurkers are always welcome! ;)

Gina Aw, thank you. [face_blush]

VA_Parky Now you made MY day!

ratna Oh yes, that scene moved me too! And I'm glad you like it. They have much in common and it seemed natural that they would reach out to each other.

[b]Chapter 6[/b]

[i]"Friendship redoubleth joys, and cutteth griefs in half."- Francis Bacon [/i]

Ben went back to his life in the Wastes and I went back to mine. Now, however, my memories held some sweetness and sustained me. I found that a smile lingered on my lips, a reminder of those precious hours.

The next few weeks dragged by slowly, interrupted only by the usual routines of work. I had feared that having once again experienced emotional intimacy, I would find myself overwhelmed with longing to have more and become even more discontented in the life I had.

Strangely, instead I was content to savor the memories we had created, bringing them out like a treasured trinket and running my fingers over its curves and hollows again and again. Ben was there with me in my mind and heart and for me that was enough.

Having shared my life with one man, and having loved him as completely as it is possible to love another being, I somehow sensed that I would never share that bond with anyone else. What Ben and I had was completely different, no less deep for its tenuous nature, but our lives were unalterably separate.

Two weeks after I watched him trudge off into the dunes, a small gift arrived at the café. It was a tiny, exquisitely carved box and inside was a small rock. Another woman might have laughed at the humble little stone, but I knew that it must have meant something special to Ben. To be the recipient of something important to him was touching in a way that no expensive gift could have been.

Sensing my joy in the gift, Binnie did not even tease me about it, though I could see curiosity shining in her kind eyes. As is usual on Tatooine, she let me keep my secrets. Privacy is a way of life on Tatooine and to break those unwritten rules is sometimes dangerous. Such pervasive caution cannot help but work its way even into friendships, a fact to which Ben and I could attest.

A few weeks after the gift, and right on schedule, Ben showed up in the café, a sheepish smile on his face. ?Good evening, Myllani,? he murmured as he took his seat. I could see Binnie?s interested gaze on us and struggled to maintain a composed expression. It was difficult not to let my joy radiate on my face, but I tried.

?It?s nice to see you again, Ben,? I said softly as I filled a glass with water.

?What would you suggest on the menu tonight?? he asked, his eyes crinkling with silent laughter.

Leaning over, I pretended to look at the menu but what I really did was inhale the clean scent of his hair, studying the much-mended tunic and the cal

21. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Awww, yay!! They're together again... so, so sweet. [face_love] And he even gave her a present!! Was that his... oh man, I forget what it's called! A warming stone or something like that? I remember something along those lines, but not enough to be sure that I know what I'm talking about. :oops:

Such a wonderful, heartwarming chapter! I was also afraid that something was going to happen and Obi-Wan wasn't going to be able to come back - so at the end, I was tickled pink. These two are just great together. I love it!

Can't wait for more! Yep, I'm being greedy again!

[:D] :D

22. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Another great post. I might be able to handle the space battles and big epic things, but I do believe you're one of the best when it comes to drilling down to the core of a characters emotions with excellent technique. Very nicely done!

23. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    He truly wanted me, found me beautiful in every way, and that is a gift that every woman deserves to feel at least once in her life. I had never doubted my husband?s love, but I had been haunted by what he might have felt if he had lived to see the hideous scars with which the fires had branded me. With Ben, I could once again feel sure that Nyman would have loved me no matter what, still looked at me with desire ? because Ben did.

It seems an odd thing to say that taking a lover helps one to remember a husband, but in a way, Ben helped put Nyman?s ghost to rest. I would always love my husband, but Nyman would want me to be happy. Wherever he was, I could only hope that he was with our daughter and together they would wait for me.

Ben and I tumbled into the bed like naughty children, our laughter ringing in the cool, dark room, the sounds of the desert serenading us. It seemed as if the sands themselves felt our quiet joy.

For the first time in a very long time, I remembered what it felt like to be happy and beloved.

*sighs*
    How truly beautiful! I think you are ou tdoing yourself with this one Kim! You are so subtle yet so descriptive at the same time it is laudable. You also have to wondrful characters to work with. Bravo!

24. Lincoln_6_Echo

Lincoln_6_Echo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2006
    So sweet! It is so beautiful to find them some happiness together in their lives. :) After so many stories exploring the desperate life Obi-Wan led on Tatooine, it is so wonderful to read your story, something that makes me smile, not brush away tears...=D=

25. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Awww this was totally romantic :D

Giving me a boyish smile, he held out his arm and I placed my hand in the crook of his elbow as if I had been doing so for years. There was something about Ben that inspired comfort and confidence, made me feel utterly safe and protected. It was a heady feeling after living with fear and loneliness for so long.
    Awwww Obi the gentleman indeed, it's great that she feels so happy and safe :)

Good to see Obi Wan enjoying a bit of happiness aswell, while going thru those tough years :)

I really enjoyed this chapter, amazing job =D= and thanks for the pm, i would hate to miss an update ;) :D [face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.