main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CRPA Index 3.1 - You may post now - and that is a fact. *WARNING: LOTF SPOILERS INSIDE*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by J_TK_Index, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Really? Well, it's limited to fangirls and a few guys at the high school level, anyway.

Amen to that.

2. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I practically live off of missing moments when it comes to J/TK fanfic. I always write them because ideas seem to just pop up in my head at the most random times. But then again, I am a huge dork when it comes to J/TK, which is probably why I always get ideas at random times. O_O

And it's good to see the index up again! :D

3. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Again, same here. If only all guys my age were like Mushy Jacen... I'd actually have a love life. Yeah, same here.

4. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    I will forever see Early NJO Jacen as the real Jacen and everything after as a corruption of it... like OOC fanfiction, except it's profic. [face_sick] I like YJK Jacen, too, although I really do think of them almost as two different people, and tend to stick to one or the other in fics, not really spanning the timeline to include both.

Dark Jacen, no. In the right fic, I can tolerate it, especially if it's short and highlights that the dark side is bad news, but for the most part I really don't like him that way.

5. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    I'd have to disagree, I prefer Post Traitor Jacen, He still has the moral stance of the old Jacen, but is willing to fight. I seriously dislike the pacifist Jacen.

6. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Yup. I liked all the versions of Jacen up to Joiner King. I'm not sure about the rest of DN and hate LOTF Jacen. I could understand the pacifist, love the warrior, and laugh at the jokes.

7. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    I really understood YJK Jacen most, because I identified with him on many levels, was like him on so many levels. I still am, although to a lesser degree. Writing Jacen has always been easy for me - scarily easy. The NJO- and DN- takes on him were harder to identify with.

Edit: I'll get the challenges and official topic up now. I have a low-tech solution to our mark-up problems, but I'm still waiting for Mod approval.

Edit 2: got the go-ahead, expect it Wednesday. Challenge and topic are up now.

8. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Hey you put the challnege up! As for the topic, I think that while TK recognizes Jacen as an equal, the Hapan women do not and the suitors consider him to be their competitor. The biggest thing about the matriarchy that I've seen is that authors tend to call Allana a Solo despite that nobody knows who her father is.

9. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Really? That's weird.

With all respect, I think Tenel Ka has always seen Jacen as her equal; a worthy competitor. Hapes's matriarchy already confuses their relationship and the fact they have a daughter with it's traditional political manuevers (the suitors; Allana's life endangered). Add that to the fact that there are several evil women who would love to use anything about TK to throw her off the throne . . . things get tricky.

But more than anything, Jacen poses a threat to Hapan society. For thousands of years the ladies there have prided themselves for being on top and "keeping their men in line". Imagine what they would feel if a powerful Jedi Knight suddenly came in and, ghastly, their Queen Mother started treating him as her EQUAL? The scandal! :eek:

10. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    In terms of force power, they are not equals, Jacen may have surpassed Luke already in canon, but he seems to let his guard down for Tenel Ka. I think he chooses to be her equal rather than the more vastly stronger Jedi he is. I would actually prefer it if he left the Jedi, he can't progress any further with them. But I'm sure Tenel ka could catch to him if she got the chance.

11. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Speaking in terms of Force power, Jacen definitely has more Force power, and that won't settle well with the Hapans at all. A MALE more powerful than their beloved QUEEN? It would be unheard of.

Speaking in terms of physical strength, Tenel Ka is stronger. It is true that Jacen has grown stronger and would probably be an even match for Tenel Ka, but I think everyone agrees with me when say she can whip his sorry buttocks.

It's a witch thing.

12. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I agree. It's a shame she had to leave the Jedi Order. She had so much Force potential. I hope Allana won't have to do the same.

13. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    I think Jacen right now is just a very confused man. And because Luke and masters treat him like he's perfect and not notice some of his flaws, Jacen basically does whatever he wants or whatever he thinks is right because no one tells him it's not right.

This is one of those cases where you need Yoda. If Yoda was still alive and was Jacen's master, I bet Jacen would right now be like Ki Adi Mundi or Mace Windu.

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I
    m 27 and love anime. And manga's not that hard to read, either. And to them, we westerners are the ones who write backwards.

Oh, and Sailor Moon fanatic too.

I loathe the NJO, as most of you should know. Past Vector Prime, that's not Jacen.

15. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    I actaully liked Jacen in the early NJO. Actually, I liked him throughout the whole series. Early on, he was thoughtful, and I liked the idea of him being a pacifist. It was a good contrast to Anakin and Jaina. He just needed a little kick in the head now and then.

After Traitor he was good, as well. Very sure of himself, and I liked that. I liked the whole idea of "You have nothing to fear when you're being who you are." Maybe it's because I worship Stover.

At the end of the NJO he was the best, I think. Certain, empathic, amd thoughtful. Then DN screwed him up, althought I think some of his arrogance contributes to being alone for five years with no one (respectful) to challenge him.

16. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    Is it truly arrogance if he was right, and his actions were necessary to stoping a galactiv war? I like DN Jacen, I don't see him confused at all. He's doing what is necessary to keep stability in the galaxy and in the force. I don't like how people view him as the mad scientist. For some reason people fear those with unlimited knowledge. Jacen really shouldn't be a Jedi, the Jedi are too passive and short sighted, and their leader is far to naive. But he shouldn't be a sith. I personally view Jacen as a Nuetral force user.

17. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    I often think that Jacen might be the most controversial character in Star Wars.

I don;t veiw him as a mad scientist, I just think his mind-set is a little off. I like that he wants to learn more; i just don't like the way he's gone about doing it lately.

You are right, Valley_Lord. He shouldn't be a Jedi or a Sith. The thing about the Solo kids is that everyone has just assumed that they were going to be Jedi. I wonder if they were ever actually given a conscious choice. I agree; he should start his own in-between guild.

We could go on about this forever , because no one ever agrees about Jacen Solo. Forgive me. I think we're off-topic. :oops:

18. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Ya know, the biggest reason I hate LOTF Jacen and his cohorts is that they ruined the Sith for me. I liked that 'Gray side' teaching from Vergere and hated seeing it tainted and mixed with Sith stuff. Jacen was too much of a jerk in Betrayal and that was the final straw for me.

19. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    I'm with Striker on Jacen. Perhaps doubly so, seeing how strongly I identify with YJK Jacen.

and good call, Padawan. This rabbit trail has run it's course.

20. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    A semi-return to topic: I find it kind of funny that DN3 Jacen isn't getting much [face_love] here when that's the series in which he and Tenel Ka finally declared their love and had a baby. Although the circumstances weren't the greatest (and I wanted to slap the guy too).

And yeah, I don't like the newer, kinder, gentler Sith, either. I hope it's just a front, because I like my Sith dripping with evil, though enough in control to play-act at being nice (see: Palpatine) when necessary.

ETA: OOH, Shiny new challenge! This one looks like fun.

21. luminousneptune

luminousneptune Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2006
    Yeah. I don't think that one can really pull off the "newer, kinder, gentler Sith." I suppose that the Sith in question could believe that he, she, or they, still have all their old morals, but what it all boils down to is that they use the Dark Side- "anger, fear, agression." On the other hand, I am thinking in terms of absolute right and wrong, and I suppose it could depend on each individual's circumstances.

And,(forget that I'm changing the topic completely,) I like the new challenge! I'm thinking of participating, but I'm not exactly sure how to get it submitted. Do I post it in this thread? Make a new one in the Beyond the Saga forums? Or is there a forum showing me how to do it? I'd really appreciate someone letting me know. [face_peace]

22. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    yes, we like this challenge very much. I need an excuse to write some J/TK humor(yeah, like i really need an excuse to write J/TK at All! lol ) and this one shall be most...enjoyable. I might have it up tommorow, i think.

23. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
    There are no absolutes, especially with morals. Every decision and acting has varying consequences for good and evil.

right and wrong, good and evil is entirely a matter of perspective. Let me ask you, is killing a thirteen year old boy a good thing or a bad thing. What if he was shooting at you with a AK-47? And you are an invader in his country. When citizen of his country have commited acts of war against your own, and his government supported them. And the said government is in place because your country supported them because they were against communism.

Who's wrong in this scenerio? Who is evil? To the boy, I'm an evil invading alien. To me, he's an assailent with a weapon that can kill me. When you have the whole story, there are no absolutes.

This is what I think Jacen is looking at when he makes his decisions, the whole picture, not the short term, the widely reported, but the whole picture. I think he and Tenel Ka understand another in this manner, I think Tenel Ka also opperates on the same principles(as seen in Lightsabers)

24. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    we'll agree to disagree on this, I think. and leave it at that. :D

25. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    I agree, mage.

Yeah. I mean, way to butcher it. Han and Leia got this really cool book where the prospect og their marraige is drawn out through the whole book . . . plus there were Hapans and Dathomirian Witches. Why can't Jacen and Tenel Ka have soemthing like that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.