main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CRPA Index 3.1 - You may post now - and that is a fact. *WARNING: LOTF SPOILERS INSIDE*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by J_TK_Index, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    Ok, something I've been wondering about. Are the YJK books considered Canon? I believe they are now, but I remember seeing something a while back about how that since Mara Jade never turned up in them, they weren't. Or something about how they were never referenced in 'actual' Canon.

EDIT: do you accept songfics for the index? I've got..oh, one or two, here...[face_whistling]

2. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    They're definitely canon. THey're just treated the same as all of the Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest stuff when it comes to listing.

3. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
    I've seen KJA's website, it said he was aware that Timothy Zahn was going to pair Luke and Mara, but KJA and RM were not allowed to reveal it, as it was the 'shocking finish' to Visions of the Future. Other knights like Kyp Durron or Corran Horn(who was never mentioned) were also absent from the series(Kyp and Dorsk 82 are the only ones other than the Master who train the apprentices to show up in the books.)

4. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm sure Kyp was pretty busy and not at the Academy at the time. After all, not every character shows up in every book.

5. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Although what Mara was up to during the YJK is a good question(probably transitioning herself out of Karrde's organization), it isn't grounds for denying the canonicity of the series.

6. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    oohh, i like this word. canonicity make this yourself? :p

7. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Canonicity is actually a real word. Gotta love the new definition that fanfics and book discussions gave it, though.

8. luminousneptune

luminousneptune Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2006
    Hmm. Canonicity... it rolls off the tongue quite nicely. :p

9. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    I agree. almost as easily as supercalifragilisticexpealidoutious.

10. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I agree. It has such a nice ring to it. Now why am I beginning to sing old Disney stuff out of tune?

11. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
    So Zeb, how long until we can expect the indices to be updated?

12. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    shouldn't be long. Striker volunteered to compile everything, so I'll have to contact him about it.

Edit: I'm gonna shoot him off a PM.

13. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    ok, i've shot off*Bang!* a PM with hopefully the correct info for all of my J/TK songfics.

14. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Has anybody seen any J/TK fanart lately? My bunnies aren't biting and when they do bite, they're usually either for original art or another universe. Oh well, it's just a matter of time before the J/TK ones come back.

15. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    I'd help you out, but I don't draw women very well(they look like men with boobs)

16. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    I have a friend (she's not into Star Wars; in fact, she rolls her eyes at us fanatics) who onece drew Tenel Ka at my instruction. It turned out pretty well. Then one day she was "doodling" and I discovered that I just LOVED the picture and I decided to unofficially make the outfit a Hapan gown.

If you want ideas for Tenel Ka or Hapans, go back and look at the dresses from the Rennaissance, Victorians, or anything else in Old England.

17. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I actually drew a picture of a Hapan OC and attempted to Photoshop it, as you can see here: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/36970582/

THe problem is the lack of inspiration for TK.

18. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    I usually think Rogue from Diablo for Tenel Ka. Or Amazon from Diablo Two

19. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Kashya's a little closer than the 'Zon, IMO.

20. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    I've always thought of Zealot, from WildC.A.T.S, mixed with some Xena, Shanna the She-Devil, and liberally sprinkled with some 'what if Mara Jade had a Tarzan experience?" Stir well and bake.

21. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    For the Dathomiri stuff, I just copied some YJK covers and for the Hapan stuff, I used a description from COPL. It was really funny when my mom caught me attempting to Photoshop that pic that I posted earlier and asked if I was designing clothes for real.

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Okay. My net was down for last night and most of today. I sincerely apologize for not working on the index. After I count votes, I will work on it posthaste. *Bows*

23. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    That's okay; I understand.

Does anybody want to give me any ideas for the generic sequel to the July/August challenge? All that I can say is it involves something that could go wrong when you try to put a vase back together. Maybe cowrite or do a round-robin since I'm hopelessly stuck after one page?

24. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    no idea ... but that reminds me, I need to put up the August/September challenge up.

25. J_TK_Index

J_TK_Index Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2006
    New challenge and discussion topic are up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.