main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books CRUCIBLE by Troy Denning: The Official Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Jun 13, 2013.

1. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    [​IMG]
    Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Princess Leia have spent a lifetime fighting wars, bringing the Jedi back from extinction, raising families, and saving the galaxy more times than they can count. They've earned the right to rest on their laurels and let the younger generation shoulder the burden -- but fate has another adventure in store for our heroes, a quest only they can tackle and hope to survive...
    July 9, 2013​
    Hardcover, 302 pages​

2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Having read spoilers but not the book I have to say it sounds extremely disappointing and not just because of the 250 page hardcover.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It is time.

Crucible will finally break Sinrebirth!

[face_devil]

Not expecting Vestara fans to be happy either. No, I have no direct info - others do, should they take advantage of the opportunity....

Sinrebirth likes this.
  4. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    so why does anybody think these spoilers are legit? I'd call it fake.. I am not one to judge a book by spoilers (anymore :p) so I'll refrain from doing that here but instead judge the spoilers themselves and what they made me think:

lame plot, filler story, not at all tied to anything but by character names. maybe that's because of the spoilers did not spoil much yet. but that is my first impression of them.

At least I am glad this is in no way what haters and rebootcrazy fans are discussing for ages now on these boards.. no reboot book, no end of EU adventure, not even anything extraordinary. But funniest I think is, if anybody tries to connect this books plot to the Sequels potential stories or characters, I think that is a foolish attempt. No way will it tie to that in any way since it was written and final long before the news for the new movie even spilled online.

I wish for fans who discuss the spoilers and new books to at least for the time being leave stuff like rebootfear, tying all new EU stuff to the new movies and that out of every topic that is about LIT and not the sequels dammit.

5. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Not sure about the spoilers you've heard but the ones I have (major characters' deaths and strange resurrections among others) are legit.

6. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    Code:
    http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15753192-crucible
    spoilers en masse

7. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    heard neither of both.. so tell me please

8. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Welp, looks like my plan to reread everything after Bakura before this releases can be put out of its misery. [face_dunno]

9. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Can somebody message me some spoilers? Everything I've seen online has been incredibly vague so I can't understand what exactly does happen.

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  10. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Here's hoping this doesn't turn out bad... I'm not expecting otherwise, but still, you never know.

11. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Troy Denning just posted on Facebook that the supposedly released spoilers are not true.

"And so it begins -- readers contacting me to ask whether the crazy CRUCIBLE spoilers they've seen on theforce.net boards are legit. So far . . . nope, nope, and a BIG nope.

Some important stuff happens, but not THAT.

I have no idea where people are getting this stuff . . . certainly not from the book I wrote. And the page count is 302 (316 with the JJM KENOBI sample chapter at the end), not the 250 they have apparently listed."

Sinrebirth and CeiranHarmony like this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Then get onto the marketing dept at LFL, DR or whoever put that figure out and carpet them! This stuff is seriously undermining the book and, while I'm no fan of his work, Denning doesn't deserve it.

If we're to going to roast him, then let's ensure we're doing so on an accurate basis.

13. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    The page count came off Amazon. We almost never get an accurate pagecount before release because the sources are so riddles with placeholders.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, but it's in everyone's interest - i.e. DR, LFL, Amazon - for that to be accurate, it helps sell the book, well perhaps not if it starts off higher then drops, but you get the idea.

You can only go on what info you can find, but I'd think the companies would have an interest in checking their Amazon listings, if only due to sheer number of expected sales via them.

15. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Okay, I'm really interested in seeing these spoilers of Denning himself is going SO MUCH NOPE on them.

And don't paperbacks and hardbacks have differing page counts?

16. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    The spoilers might not be true, but that doesn't mean the book is any good. ;)

17. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    I said this before in the last thread, but pretty much all of the particularly outlandish and wild "spoilers" that were posted weren't spoilers. At least, they weren't things that were present in the ARC I was reading.

At best they were pet theories that were ripe to get Jossed. At worst they were outright fabrications.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  18. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
  19. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Hey, Columi and Mirta Gev. Cool.

20. scotcat

scotcat Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2013

True.

If the book turns out to be bad, then we can roast over the pit. For the record, I'm not the biggest fan of his work, but I don't believe in prejudging based on speculation.

ma_petite likes this.
  21. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Mortis and Vestara?
    No thanks.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  22. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Well, I see Han Solo getting his ass kicked, I like that much. Go Mandos go!

23. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    What role is
    Mortis
    playing?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Remember the spoilers for Invincible? I was a lurker back then but in the week leading up to it Daala was revealed to COS, Isolder was killed by Jacen, Jaina killed Jacen, the Empire put that air-borne agent on Mandalore so that any Fett relation couldn't go there anymore, and we all thought it was fanon? Well that all was true... My expectations aren't high for this.

25. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006

The spoilers that showed up here for Invincible may have been right. Many of the spoilers about this book that have been discussed and passed around here are false.