main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Crystal Reef Palace Auditorium (CRPA) - Jacen/Tenel Ka Index & Resource Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by CRPA_Index, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Well, there's also Padme. He's bona fide Naboo royalty...if anyone in the galaxy knew that.

2. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Well, with Naboo we're getting a little murky. ;) Not even taking into account the fact that Naboo elects its royalty, we have to know which of the Skywalker twins was born first. If Leia's the oldest, we could probably say that she inherits her mother's title and Jacen could be a little prince. Else if Luke was the older twin, Leia would be whatever the GFFA's equivalent of a duchess is, and Jacen would be a little lord. :p Unless the GFFA takes the 'first male child' born to a family thing, in which case Jacen would be a little lord regardless of which of the Skywalker twins is older.

I think. :p

*doesn't particularly like the Solo children* [face_blush]

3. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Double post. [face_blush]

4. CarrKicksDoor

CarrKicksDoor Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    LOL. I don't think we have to get into the Naboo royalty--I mean, as long as you have at least one royal lineage going on, with the Alderaani line, I think that's enough to take care of all that.

~Carr

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Good. I'll contact someone in the catering business. You get the flower arrangements ready!

6. CRPA_Index

CRPA_Index Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2004
    CRPA Update (12th of February, 2005)

? CRPA Reviewing Team begins with the first two members, DathomiranAuthor and RK_Striker_JK_5.

? Links to all CRPA Challenge Fan fiction listed under J/TK Monthly Challenge Section. Currently linked: Lady_Jedi_Carenix?s Feb response.

? Index Entry Edits made by DathomiranAuthor and RK_Striker_JK_5.

? Added new J/TK non-challenge fan fiction by RK_Striker_JK_5, SilSolo and ZebulaNebula.

Please continue to use the CRPA buttons in your profile, challenge responses and general J/TK fan fiction!

Have you visited the CRPA Exhibition Thread?

Hapan-centric: The Forgotten Monarch is another thread under the CRPA bubble.

- Your CRPA Staff Members, Amidala_Skywalker and CarrKicksDoor.

7. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Okay, since we?ve agreed Jacen is royalty, here?s another question: Does that mean Tenel Ka could make him King? Don?t quote me if I?m wrong, but I think Isolder is Prince Consort. Has there ever been a Hapan King? I think there could be a Hapan King given the fact Britain (my example royal house) has had a King and a Queen at the same time and that was a very male-dominated society. I believe it?s the choice of the true royal spouse as to what title their partner is given ? and if the system is a constitutional monarchy or the like, it has to be passed by the government. For example, Camilla Parker-Bowles will never been Queen if Charles is crowned.

I think Tenel Ka would decide to make Jacen the Hapan King despite the social standing and prejudice against men. She might see the title ?Prince Consort? as a demeaning role.

Off-discussion topic: who else thinks the JC needs a J/TK icon? We have a H/L, L/M and even K/J icon, but no J/TK. I wonder if we can put forward a campaign for J/TK icons.

Ams [face_love]

8. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I hate to be the one to break into the party, but Hapan Politics, if you remember the "Courtship for Princess Leia", when it comes to men, makes them little better than slaves.

The Consort is just that - the first slave to the Queen, and no better than the lowest of the female ranks. Isolder may have been the Prince, but he was forced to listen to his mother, her guards and the other women in the entourage. He had to prostrate himself before Leia and try to win her, even if he hadn't wanted to.

Regardless of Jacen's status, Hapan politics deny the man any kind of power, and give women everything.

Consort is just a fancy way of sayign "He gets to sleep with the queen, but if the guards pull him away, he can't object"

Pardon the vulgar way I put that, but it's essentially the truth. The only difference is that the Queen mother can contradict the guards and make them give him anything she wants, but the fact of the matter is that the consort can't ask for anything without the Queen mother's approval. Little better than slavery or imprisonment.

So, no, Tenel Ka couldn't make him King, regardless of his bloodline, because Hapan law prevents it. Unless she was going to change the laws which had stood since before the grandmother was in power, he would be the highest ranking male on the planet - but no better than the women cleaning the floors, if you get my meaning.

Anyway, I love this topic, 'cause I'm abusing the whole system in my latest fic ;)

On that note, I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone running this thread and for picking my story, "You did What?!", as the spotlight story of the month!

I was floored to get the PM. Thanks again, everyone!

9. CarrKicksDoor

Jan 16, 2005
    I believe it?s the choice of the true royal spouse as to what title their partner is given ? and if the system is a constitutional monarchy or the like, it has to be passed by the government. For example, Camilla Parker-Bowles will never been Queen if Charles is crowned.

That's right--she's been given the title Duchess of Cornwall (because it would have been entirely awkward to bestow the title of Princess of Wales on her), and after they're married, she will be Princess Consort.

But Hapes isn't a constitutional monarchy, I don't think. There's never been any mention of a parliment or senate or anything like that--It's an absolute monarchy.

Could Tenel Ka then perhaps see to it that power isn't so firmly held in the hands of the monarchy after her and establish a constitution? In order to form a more perfect union? (lol, I just realized what a horrible pun that was, but Schoolhouse Rock ingrained the preamble in my head).

~Carr

10. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    That J/TK icon is a must!
    On that subject about Jacen being king, no man can rule Hapes.

11. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Generally, Carr, I could see her trying to change the the Hapan government system.

12. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    For example, Camilla Parker-Bowles will never been Queen if Charles is crowned.

That's right--she's been given the title Duchess of Cornwall (because it would have been entirely awkward to bestow the title of Princess of Wales on her), and after they're married, she will be Princess Consort.

For the record, in case anyone doesn't know this, she is only going to be the Princess Consort because of Diana. If Diana had lived, and her and Prince Charles had stayed married, Diana would have been Queen when Charles became king. Camilla only won't be queen because the Public would never allow it. Btw, I totally agree that giving her the title "Princess of Wales" would be awkward.

Anyways, This Index is really well done. I was shocked the first time i looked at it. There so much work and effort put into it. I mean you guys found a story of mine to put in here that hasn't been posted in for over a year. Bravo to whomever put this together. You guys deserve a whole chocolate cake for your hard work! :)

13. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    I agree. The index is amazing. You've clearly put A LOT of hard work into it. Great job!

And a J/TK icon would be awesome.

14. CarrKicksDoor

Jan 16, 2005
    Thank you for all your kind comments. All the praise goes to Amidala_Skywalker, who has done the bulk of the work around here.

On that subject about Jacen being king, no man can rule Hapes.

Well, do you even have to deal with that? I have a hard time seeing Jacen ruling Hapes anyway--for one, it doesn't seem like something that it's necessarily in his personality that he would even be good at. He was raised to be a Jedi--do you think he might give that up, even part-time for Tenel Ka? And do you think she would let him?

~Carr

15. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Could Tenel Ka then perhaps see to it that power isn't so firmly held in the hands of the monarchy after her and establish a constitution? In order to form a more perfect union?

Establishing a constitution would dramatically change the Hapan Consortium and I don?t think you could do that over one reign without the support of the people. I doubt the nobles would want to change things and therefore endanger their standing. All I?m saying is that Tenel Ka is Queen Mother and she can bend the rules especially when it comes to her consort. She can make him King because she says so. I realise men are slaves in Hapan culture and that belief was reinforced by Tenel Ka?s ancestors, but I don?t think TK would stand for it.

So they need to overcome two hurdles: confirmation of Jacen?s lineage and bending Hapan rules.

For the record, in case anyone doesn't know this, she is only going to be the Princess Consort because of Diana. If Diana had lived, and her and Prince Charles had stayed married, Diana would have been Queen when Charles became king. Camilla only won't be queen because the Public would never allow it. Btw, I totally agree that giving her the title "Princess of Wales" would be awkward.

Yes, it?s been all over the news here for several days. I didn?t think he would actually propose to her. He risked his line of succession.

You guys deserve a whole chocolate cake for your hard work!

Thank you! :) I went down 100 pages in the Classic forum and shuffled through the entire Beyond forum. I wanted to get every J/TK fic that ever existed. CRPA can?t claim to be the definitive index and resource thread otherwise.

I have a hard time seeing Jacen ruling Hapes anyway--for one, it doesn't seem like something that it's necessarily in his personality that he would even be good at.

Well, he does want to help people, so he is well intentioned. I think there?s a lot within the Hapes Consortium that he could do, but no, I doubt he?d ever rule like Tenel Ka (it?s her birthright, after all).

He was raised to be a Jedi--do you think he might give that up, even part-time for Tenel Ka? And do you think she would let him?

I think that?s the most important question ? and I?m unsure. If he did give her his life (figuratively), I don?t know if she?d let him. But then again, she can?t be enjoying being surrounded by Hapan politics and being forced to choose a husband. She needs some support and she?s only one voice that?s bound to feel alone sometimes. Jacen can only go gallivanting across the galaxy for so long. I think she needs him. It would be a sacrifice for him to marry her, but love does illogical things.

Ams [face_love]

16. CarrKicksDoor

Jan 16, 2005
    She needs some support and she?s only one voice that?s bound to feel alone sometimes. Jacen can only go gallivanting across the galaxy for so long.

This is true. The Hapes Cluster has 63 worlds...surely they need at least one Jedi taking care of things on the ground.

I think she needs him. It would be a sacrifice for him to marry her, but love does illogical things.

That it most certainly does. :)

~Carr

17. CRPA_Index

Oct 15, 2004
    CRPA Update (14 February 2005)

The Index for the February 2005 challenge has been updated with stories from Jade_Max and CarrKicksDoor.

New story added by CarrKicksDoor.

Don?t forget that we have the lovely CRPA buttons for use in your profiles, your challenge responses and all your J/TK fiction!

Visit the CRPA Exhibition Thread to see what the challenges are all about and to enjoy the talents of our authors.

And most importantly:

@};-Happy Valentine?s Day@};-

Your romantically inclined staff members, Amidala_Skywalker and CarrKicksDoor

18. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Happy Valentines Day, everyone!

And I can see Jacen going off doing Jedi stuff while Tenel Ka rules the Hapes Cluster. Then he returns, passion ignites...

19. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Then there's lots of angst and mush and Baby Solo's and baby... Baby Ka's. XD

Muahaha!

20. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Happy Valentine?s Day! :)

This is true. The Hapes Cluster has 63 worlds...surely they need at least one Jedi taking care of things on the ground.

We really don?t know that much about the other Cluster worlds, do we? Does anyone have any names or basic info?

Ams [face_love]

21. Ace_Venom

Ace_Venom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    The only one outside of Hapes that I'm vaguely familiar with is Gallinore. I'll have to break out my copy of Courtship because I seem to remember they list quite a few of the worlds when the Hapans come bearing gifts.

22. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I know some names of other planets...

Arabanth
    Charubah (the Gun of Command came from here)
    Dreena
    Gallinore
    Hapes
    Selab
    Ut

I don't remember the rest of the gifts, I just remember the Gun of Command because it's so much fun. XD

23. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Just making a circuit of the social threads wanting to give a heads up regarding the Fan Fiction Survey after a user informed me that had they not been told of it, she wouldn't have noticed the sticky on the Resource board.

24. CRPA_Index

Oct 15, 2004
    CRPA Update (15 February 2005)

-New index entries by Ace_Venom, LianaMara, and SilSolo!

-February is a little more than half over, but that's still plenty of time to complete the J/TK challenge for the month! Post your entry here at the Exhibition Thread

-And don't forget our lovely buttons for your fics! If you like them, drop obaona a note and congratulate her on the wonderful job she did on them!

-Send discussion topic suggestions to either Amidala_Skywalker, CarrKicksDoor, or to the index sock for possible inclusion in next month's mass update!

~Your CRPA staff, Amidala_Skywalker and CarrKicksDoor

25. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    If I remember correctly, Gallinore is where Tenel Ka obtained her lightsaber crystal. Has it been said if Tenel Ka has visited most of her worlds? Is there a tradition of the Queen Mother staying on Hapes for most of her rule? I remember reading about the city-size royal vessel of the Queen Mother. I can?t recall if I was reading fan fiction or fact files. I think it would be safe for the Queen Mother to visit her worlds in her city ship.

What?s the Gun of Command?

Ams [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.