main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Crystal Reef Palace Auditorium (CRPA) - Jacen/Tenel Ka Index & Resource Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by CRPA_Index, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarrKicksDoor

CarrKicksDoor Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    I think the author has to do that...but I'll check with someone. Probably a good idea to remind me as well, as I tend to forget things....

often. ;)

~Carr

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    All Heather has to do-as well as any of us, is click on 'Edit Message' on the very first post. Then, just below the main text window is an option to unlock the story. Click on it, then post right afterwards so it doesn't get auto-locked.

3. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Ooooo thanks Jon! I'll go do that right now! :D *hugs*

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Nice to see that fic active again. It really deserves it.

I'm working on reviews right now! They'll be sent in within the hour.

EDIT:

They're in! I'm actually doing my job! Yayness for me!

5. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Just wondering, what would the J/TK relationship be like if they were arranged to be married for the sake of an alliance between Hapes and the New Republic and they didn't meet 'til their wedding day?

6. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Hmm, now there's an interesting plot bunny. :) The other question to consider is if you're dealing with YJK, NJO, or post-NJO characterization. YJK I'd see Jacen going "wow, what a babe!" and doing everything he can to make her smile as usual; later characterizations I'm not so sure (would probably involve a great deal of whining and/or philosphizing :p [face_laugh]).

7. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Hmm...

Jacen: I can't believe this! A political marriage in this day and age, what was Mom thinking? I've never even met her until today!

Tenel Ka: This is ridiculous, and that is a fact! I wish to love my future husband. This reeks of Hapan politics.

*Both are introduced to one another.*

Jacen: =P~ [face_love]

Tenel Ka: [face_hypnotized] [face_love]

Jacen: *Stammering a bit* W-wanna hear a joke?

Tenel Ka: *Slightly breathless* More than anything in this world or any other.

Just my take on it...

8. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Wow, scary thought. I think they'd still become best friends. Jacen and Tenel Ka just click together, and I don't think anything could change that . . .

It would be very interesting to see what would happen, though.

lol Striker

9. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    lol Striker. That is why I absolutely love Jacen! Ya know, you should expand on that and post it as a fic as the bunny's much better suited for you than it is for me.

10. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I'll drop that plot-kushiban into the pen with my other innumerable plot kushiabns chomping at the bit.

*Goes to the pen, looks inside*

Argh!!! They're spawning more plot kushibans! Will I ever be rid of them?? By all that is holy, will I ever be free of all these plot kushibans???

11. CarrKicksDoor

Jan 16, 2005
    So, as another point of discussion, how is everyone doing on this month challenge? I'm still working on mine, after frogging my first draft and starting over. Anyone got anything they want to talk about in theirs? Plot bunnies you might want to share?

~Carr

12. DathomiranAuthor

Jan 18, 2005
    That's funny, I was just on the challenge page a second ago.

It certainly looks like it's going to be an interesting challenge. I'm looking forward to reading some great fics. :D

I'm thinking of writing for it, too, but all of my ideas are pretty vague right now.

13. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Sorry for my disappearance in the last few days. Carr and I are jumping into the new Battlestar Galactica 2003 fandom ? because, really, how damn cool is that show? It?s always fun getting into fandoms early and being involved in the development. The only downside is lack of ?fic on a grand scale.

It was great to see ?At Least Smile? back up again, -TK-! Are you considering archiving that story? I tell you, I?m a TF.N Archive reviewer and the ?fic would be more than welcome there. All links to CRPA are appreciated!

Oh, and yes, please send in reviews! Perhaps we can do a mass review update at the end of the week.

I?m also looking forward to challenge ?fics! I?d say this challenge is longer than the last. I?m not participating, but I?ll sure be reviewing.

Amsie [face_love]

14. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Okay, I thought I should look up the challenge words on dictionary.com to help CRPAers along.

Spurious:

1. Lacking authenticity or validity in essence or origin; not genuine; false.
    2. Of illegitimate birth.

Evince:

To show or demonstrate clearly; manifest: evince distaste by grimacing.

Hubris:

Overbearing pride or presumption; arrogance: ?There is no safety in unlimited technological hubris? (McGeorge Bundy).

Moiety:

1. A half.
    2. A part, portion, or share.
    3. Anthropology. Either of two kinship groups based on unilateral descent that together make up a tribe or society.

Extirpate:

1. To pull up by the roots.
    2. To destroy totally; exterminate.
    3. To remove by surgery.

Ams [face_love]

15. DathomiranAuthor

Jan 18, 2005
    Carr and I are jumping into the new Battlestar Galactica 2003 fandom ? because, really, how damn cool is that show?

Really cool!

Oh, and yes, please send in reviews! Perhaps we can do a mass review update at the end of the week.

:) I'll also be sending one or two in tomorrow.

And thanks for including the definitions, btw. :D

16. CarrKicksDoor

Jan 16, 2005
    I've also heard hubris used in polite company as a substitute for balls. "He had some kind of hubris to pull off that stunt."

Just thought you ought to know. ;)

~Carr

P.S. And yes, BSG kicks complete and total ass.

17. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Jacen: "The word is balls, Tenel Ka. Balls."

:p

Ams [face_love]

18. CarrKicksDoor

Jan 16, 2005
    Only Ams and I could halt discussion in it's tracks with a word like balls. ;)

Anyway, my favorite word is spurious, which kind of sounds like something Tenel Ka would use. What other interesting words do you like to use in your J/TK fics, or any fic for that matter?

~Carr

19. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    lol, you guys are nuts... pardon the awful pun :p

I don't know about this month's challenge yet, no plot bunnies are biting (thankfully - I don't have time) but we'll see if inspiration strikes.

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I don't think I'll be able to get to this month's challenge. Darned real life and my other fics are just...*sigh*

21. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Weeee! So glad to have that plot bunny out of my head. :) I posted an entry for the March challenge (incorporating the words made it very interesting and I'm not sure I used them correctly but oh well [face_blush] [face_laugh]).

Now to go feed the plot bunny SilSolo started, RK_Striker_JK_5 fed, and has now moved into my brain (and computer since I've gotten a good start on it). ;) :)

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Hmm...words I like to use in my J/TK fics...

I like warrior, princess, flamehaired and regal for descriptions of Tenel Ka. For Jacen, goofy, scruffy, that sort of thing.

I always have him talking rather informally while Tenel Ka has a bit of a regality about her-at first.

23. CRPA_Index

CRPA_Index Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2004
    CRPA Update (16 March 2005)

Well, it's certainly been an exciting two weeks (and two days) since our last update. Carr's dog has had puppies and Ams was introduced to a new addictive online game. But most importantly, new fic was added to the index!

-Challenge story by Lady_Jedi_Carenix was added to the challenge index.

-Four new fics were added:

? "Finding Your Way" by Lady_Jedi_Carenix
    ? "Later" by Lady_Jedi_Carenix
    ? "Where No Jedi Has Gone Before" by RK_Striker_JK_5
    ? "Priceless" by -Tenel-Ka-

-Reviews were added for the following stories:

? "Barfights and Sweet Nothings" by _3MD_PsychoSniper
    ? "Did I Lose?" by Agent_Jaid
    ? "Balance Point" by Amidala_Skywalker
    ? "If Only Tears Could Bring You Back" by Calayka_Bele
    ? "Someone Like You" by JainaDurron
    ? "Priceless" by -Tenel-Ka-
    ? "Between Pirates and Princesses" by _Tenel_Ka_

-SilSolo has joined DathomirianAuthor and RK_Striker_JK_5 and become a reviewer for the index! If you would like to review, send a pm to the index sock, or to your friendly indexers.

Don't forget, there's still nearly two weeks left this month, so there's still plenty of time to work on your challenge fic! After all, expanding your vocabulary is part of our goal. ;)

[face_good_luck]And a Happy (early) St. Patrick's Day to everyone![face_good_luck]

~Amidala_Skywalker and CarrKicksDoor

24. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Congrats on the puppies, Carr!

25. CarrKicksDoor

Jan 16, 2005
    *takes a bow* Thank you very much. They're absolutely adorable--I'll try and get a picture of them here soon.

~Carr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.